Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 37434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1623
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's left-footed and has 15 appearances on the left side (vs. 62 down the middle) according to transfrmarkt. Maybe he plays LM in a 4-4-2?

I trust we have a plan here regardless... this is pretty exciting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC sign goalkeeper Caleb Patterson-Sewell

Source: https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/0...tterson-sewell

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Aketxe happens, we are coming dangerously close to winning the offseason. I'm shocked.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If Aketxe happens, we are coming dangerously close to winning the offseason. I'm shocked.
    Injury issues but otherwise a really good potential pick up. I gotta hand it to Bez, he knows how to use the league's arcane system to pick up good players.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Injury issues but otherwise a really good potential pick up. I gotta hand it to Bez, he knows how to use the league's arcane system to pick up good players.
    didn't he help build it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

That's an incredibly decent resume for a third choice keeper

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    That's an incredibly decent resume for a third choice keeper
    Unless we're trading Irwin for more GAM to free up budget space for these TAM signings? Just musing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Unless we're trading Irwin for more GAM to free up budget space for these TAM signings? Just musing...
    My initial thought as well. What is Irwins salary anyway? If it close to 200k its too much for a back up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These moves.... Somebody (maybe more than one guy) may be on the way out.

Could be painful.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Could be painful.
    Let’s hope not. The issue is MLS salary regulations are so opaque we’re all left guessing.

At least all the red flags (which TFC seem comfortable with) are keeping the prices down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post

He's been in camp for a few weeks. Was in the NASL, but with the season change with them, figured he was probably going to sign with us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Supposedly we’ve come to terms with Ager, according to Juan Arango on Twitter.

Juan G. Arango
    Juan G. Arango
    @JuanG_Arango
    Two years with an option for a third. All that is left is to have both sides come to terms on fees.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 02-14-2018 at 12:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm feeling like I'm on morphine with all these signings, but how is TFC able to afford them all?

I wonder if Bez is burning next year's TAM as well as this year's just to give us the best chance to make it to the Club World Cup. I get the feeling this is an all or nothing strategy. Still, no matter what happens or how this turns out, I think Bez has earned some failures if they happen. In Bez I trust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'm feeling like I'm on morphine with all these signings, but how is TFC able to afford them all?

I wonder if Bez is burning next year's TAM as well as this year's just to give us the best chance to make it to the Club World Cup. I get the feeling this is an all or nothing strategy. Still, no matter what happens or how this turns out, I think Bez has earned some failures if they happen. In Bez I trust.
    100%

also....club world cup....can you imagine! (just 8 games away)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be painful.
    good point. Irwin, for almost certain. And Delgado would have a lot of value for a US team. Vanney doesn’t have confidence in Hamilton so it’s not Jozy, and Seba is here for another year for sure. Vazquez and Bradley inconceivable, Morrow unlikely.

In this context, I am worried for Chapman’s development. We have seen Delgado and Osorio improve immensely and then get minutes. Where does Chapman get his if he shows similar improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Supposedly we’ve come to terms with Ager, according to Juan Arango on Twitter.

Juan G. Arango
    Juan G. Arango
    @JuanG_Arango
    Two years with an option for a third. All that is left is to have both sides come to terms on fees.
    That info was in all of the articles posted this morning. Nothing new there.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    didn't he help build it?
    Bez administered it, but the rules were designed by a committee (and it shows).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be painful.
    don't forget the boat load of TAM they added this season. TFC can certainly easily afford these signings without letting anyone go and be within the cap, the issue would be with players who think they're too good for the bench who may demand transfers

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling that most of these moves are designed specifically for the ability to have 2 maybe 3 different formations to send out in all competitions.

Between the second CCL leg on the 27th and the Home Opener on March 3rd we may see 2 different starting 11s.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could be painful.
    good point. Irwin, for almost certain. And Delgado would have a lot of value for a US team. Vanney doesn’t have confidence in Hamilton so it’s not Jozy, and Seba is here for another year for sure. Vazquez and Bradley inconceivable, Morrow unlikely.

In this context, I am worried for Chapman’s development. We have seen Delgado and Osorio improve immensely and then get minutes. Where does Chapman get his if he shows similar improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    I have a feeling that most of these moves are designed specifically for the ability to have 2 maybe 3 different formations to send out in all competitions.

Between the second CCL leg on the 27th and the Home Opener on March 3rd we may see 2 different starting 11s.

obviously champs league is the most important. stack those games!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not up to us to worry about if and how we can afford it, nor to correct any mistakes they make. They wont make mistakes. We dont need to worry about the numbers.

They're building another smokin hot team for us, and this year could be even more entertaining for us as fans. This is what we should care about and be excited about. Gotta feel proud about the dedication and commitment MLSE and us as supporters have invested in the team, city, and soccer in the country.

Very much looking forward to 2018.

Atlanta who?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't think we have anything to worry about with running out of TAM. Last year Vasquez and Cooper were the only players we used TAM on.

We only used roughly $600K of TAM on Vasquez (Salary of roughly $750K bought down to $150K by using $600K of TAM). We can afford to pay a couple of players around $1.2 million and another three players around $750K - all being bought down to $150K with TAM. This is very doable for our $4.0 million of TAM and we would get five players at TAM level.

Our bigger issue is international spots. We had three left which likely just got used on VdW, Auro and Aketxe. I can't see us signing Endoh now. Does Sewell take up an international spot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    . Does Sewell take up an international spot?
    Nope. Born in the states.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Five players on TAM and three DP's seems inconceivable. We've also traded away TAM both the last two seasons. Then You add in Bono, Osorio, Delgado, Morrow, Zavaleta, Hagglund, Hasler, Ricketts are all on somewhere between 200-250k. Some may be even higher. I just don't see it. Atlanta seems tame and understandable compared to us from a cap comparison at this point.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I really don't think we have anything to worry about with running out of TAM. Last year Vasquez and Cooper were the only players we used TAM on.

We only used roughly $600K of TAM on Vasquez (Salary of roughly $750K bought down to $150K by using $600K of TAM). We can afford to pay a couple of players around $1.2 million and another three players around $750K - all being bought down to $150K with TAM. This is very doable for our $4.0 million of TAM and we would get five players at TAM level.

Our bigger issue is international spots. We had three left which likely just got used on VdW, Auro and Aketxe. I can't see us signing Endoh now. Does Sewell take up an international spot?
    If the Aketxe signing becomes official the Reds will have one international spot left. With the Auro signing 6 of 8 spots are in use. They being Seba, VV, Hasler, Mavinga, Auro and van der Wiel. Unless Bez has something close to happening, either Kubel or Endoh could be signed to an off-budget spot. Either those two could be released at any point if an opportunity did come along to add someone.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Five players on TAM and three DP's seems inconceivable. We've also traded away TAM both the last two seasons. Then You add in Bono, Osorio, Delgado, Morrow, Zavaleta, Hagglund, Hasler, Ricketts are all on somewhere between 200-250k. Some may be even higher. I just don't see it. Atlanta seems tame and understandable compared to us from a cap comparison at this point.
    Portland have 3 DPs (Valeri, Blanco, Adi) and 4 (Polo, Pardares, Cascante, Armenteros) TAM players with room for one more according to a Meriit Paulson tweet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Portland have 3 DPs (Valeri, Blanco, Adi) and 4 (Polo, Pardares, Cascante, Armenteros) TAM players with room for one more according to a Meriit Paulson tweet.
    But don't you have to have $150K of cap space for each TAM signing. I guess you could use GAM to buy guys down to open up come cap space.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    But don't you have to have $150K of cap space for each TAM signing. I guess you could use GAM to buy guys down to open up come cap space.
    They got extra GAM in the Nagbe trade. Not as much TFC did with DC though.

I 100% think Bez has more wiggle room in the salary budget than he was previously letting on. Even when you do factor in raises and bonuses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    Bono and Hasler are both under 100k. Zavalaeta is just over 100k. Even if Hasler's reported salary is just a half season, that's still only 160k for a full season. Hagglund is also 100k. Even if Bono gets a raise, he's not going to be touching 200k. Cooper Beitashour gone frees up 450k. Plus we got another 225k general allocation on that earlier trade. So nearly 700k in cap space freed up.