Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slightly boring, but slightly boring is way better than ugly.

But imagine this in silver. That'd be sweet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it.

Will always go for the red home shirt though if I’m buying one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Slightly boring, but slightly boring is way better than ugly.

But imagine this in silver. That'd be sweet.
    I'm surprised this jersey wasn't onyx .....it seemed that we used to be alternating between white and grey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Adidas has been using both locations for the 2018 kits. Portland, NYRB and the Crew all have the stripes on the body.
    Makes sense

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not going to get this one, I don't like the white kits. I didn't pick up a red last year, and I want one. I'll be getting a red with the star.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have info on how many times we actually were the alternate?
    is it even 25% of the time?
    We basically only wear it when we clash with the other team?
    So @ Chicago, @ Dallas, etc.

I don't mind the new Alternate jersey. As someone said earlier, simple is better than ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me think they won't re-release the red kit with the star. Put in the least amount of effort on the alternate kit knowing it could be Crew yellow or Impact blue as long as it has a star people would still buy it. Or what if we are all just color blind and that's a light onyx jersey with medium stripes and dark onyx sleeves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A ticker-tape celebration raining down gold, iron-on stars would be a great home opener surprise!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally like the new away kit, was better than that American looking "heritage" kit we had. The STAR just makes everything soo much better. I'll be getting the home kit with the star though.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InSuL1nImP View Post
    Makes me think they won't re-release the red kit with the star. Put in the least amount of effort on the alternate kit knowing it could be Crew yellow or Impact blue as long as it has a star people would still buy it. Or what if we are all just color blind and that's a light onyx jersey with medium stripes and dark onyx sleeves?
    All jersey work starts two years before its released. They basically have the design down & approved a year ahead.

As for not having the star on the new one

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    Does anyone have info on how many times we actually were the alternate?
    is it even 25% of the time?
    We basically only wear it when we clash with the other team?
    So @ Chicago, @ Dallas, etc.

I don't mind the new Alternate jersey. As someone said earlier, simple is better than ugly.
    we wore it @ Montreal in the Canadian Championship for some reason. Other than that, you’re right. I barely remember seeing it during the regular season.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I remember seeing the alternate jersey was the 2-2 away at Atlanta.

taking a sick day so might go through the highlights of every game last season to produce a list. Should be fun.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So will there be a clearance sale on the red kits without the star now? They must have a bunch from last season unless they get the star added to all of that stock that is left over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So just for clarification - they wear a gold star with 17 in the middle of it for this season, and then in becomes a silver star with nothing in the middle in future years? Is the gold star just a defending champion thing?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StokeciTFC View Post
    Last time I remember seeing the alternate jersey was the 2-2 away at Atlanta.

taking a sick day so might go through the highlights of every game last season to produce a list. Should be fun.
    Should be easy - just look for teams that have red or orange jerseys, check for the games we played them on the road - and that's probably when TFC wore the white.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post
    So just for clarification - they wear a gold star with 17 in the middle of it for this season, and then in becomes a silver star with nothing in the middle in future years? Is the gold star just a defending champion thing?
    yes. And when a team has 5 cups - they get a gold star with no number:
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/...s-jerseys-year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice and clean...way better than ugly.

I'll also wait patiently for the day we're rewarded with Onyx again. Thought that could be our Treble prize.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Should be easy - just look for teams that have red or orange jerseys, check for the games we played them on the road - and that's probably when TFC wore the white.
    Not necessarily that simple - I know for a fact that they wore them in DC and Orlando...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So out of 43 games played last season, (MLS regular season, Canadian Champs and Playoffs), TFC wore the alternate kit for 9 games, under 25% as someone suggested.

Worth noting here that of those 9 games, TFC won just 2 (1-3 at Orlando on July 5th and 1-3 at Chicago on Aug 19).
    TFC tied 5 of those games (0-0 at RSL, 2-2 at Philly, 1-1 in the CC away tie at Montreal, 1-1 in DC and the final 2-2 reg season game in Atlanta).
    We recorded losses in that alternate strip twice (2-1 away in Ottawa CC and 3-1 in Dallas).

In the alternate, we scored 14 times and conceded 13.

Personally, and in the context of last season, I would conclude that it was an unlucky kit for us. (the massive Chicago game notwithstanding)
    Last edited by StokeciTFC; 02-07-2018 at 11:15 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ok with no onyx. From a fan-standpoint, yeah. It's nice but can you imagine playing in Houston mid summer in onyx? Can't be all that comfortable from the players standpoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So out of 43 games played last season, (MLS regular season, Canadian Champs and Playoffs), TFC wore the alternate kit for 9 games, under 25% as someone suggested.

Worth noting here that of those 9 games, TFC won just 2 (1-3 at Orlando on July 5th and 1-3 at Chicago on Aug 19).
    TFC tied 5 of those games (0-0 at RSL, 2-2 at Philly, 1-1 in the CC away tie at Montreal, 1-1 in DC and the final 2-2 reg season game in Atlanta).
    We recorded losses in that alternate strip twice (2-1 away in Ottawa CC and 3-1 in Dallas).

Personally, and in the context of last season, I would conclude that it was an unlucky kit for us. (the massive Chicago game notwithstanding)
    Considering they were mostly worn away, that's not that bad. Don't blame the kit!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as good as our old white, still better than the black jersey. The two-tone BMO logo is interesting.

I'll buy it on clearance in two years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for doing this.
    very interesting.
    20.9%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Considering they were mostly worn away, that's not that bad. Don't blame the kit!
    All of those games were away, but for the sake of comparison we played 12 times away in red, winning 6, drawing 3 and losing 3. Notable wins included 0-2 vs VAN, 0-1 at Seattle, 1-3 at Montreal and the Playoff 2-1 win at Red Bull.

In those 12 games away in red, we scored 19 goals and conceded 13.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of those games were away, but for the sake of comparison we played 12 times away in red, winning 6, drawing 3 and losing 3. Notable wins included 0-2 vs VAN, 0-1 at Seattle, 1-3 at Montreal and the Playoff 2-1 win at Red Bull.

In those 12 games away in red, we scored 19 goals and conceded 13.
    Lol, good stats collection there. I stand corrected, it is that kit. Screw the kit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Lol, good stats collection there. I stand corrected, it is that kit. Screw the kit!
    No worries mate, was my pleasure. Although I have no intention of going over MLS season 2016...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is pretty much what I expected. I believe in the year that the alternate kit comes out they wear it a bit more. I think they wore the white/blue alternate for a couple of home games at the beginning of 2016 - Probably to try and promote sales of the new jersey. I remember because I was hating on that blue so much.

I would have preferred a silver kit or an onyx one but I do like this white one. It's sharp.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Not as good as our old white, still better than the black jersey. The two-tone BMO logo is interesting.

I'll buy it on clearance in two years.
    This

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will the player name and number grey or red though?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Will the player name and number grey or red though?
    Great question.

Huge fan of our Onyx jersey, myself, but this one is clean as you like!

Can't say I'd have preferred Onyx, despite my affinity for it—it's that good.