Page 150 of 174 FirstFirst ... 50100140146147148149150151152153154160 ... LastLast
Results 4,471 to 4,500 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so OSO is making more than MB?

if so ...im not liking this deal that much
    Last edited by reggie; 02-02-2023 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't Oso reported to be on max TAM already? Which is $1,612,500.
    Bradley's on $1.5M (which I think was max TAM at the time he signed), so it's not too shocking Oso is making more based on that.

(Jokingly, maybe Bradley makes more but Manning and co realized that if they label MB as a DP the fanbase will riot in the comment section of Instagram and Twitterwhen they find out MB is a DP, so they're giving that title to Oso instead )
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-02-2023 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto FC announced today that the club has re-signed Canadian international midfielder Jonathan Osorio to a three-year contract with a 2026 option using Targeted Allocation Money (TAM).
    press release back in dec

no mention of max tam by the club,i cant wait to see the salary list for the club later on

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To go back to those turnover of players stats.

We did a lot in 2019 to turn over the 2018 mess.

2020 we didn't do much because of our champ run in 2019

We SHOULD have had more turnover after 2020 but the Shield run hid the dross.

So, my takeaway is this team doesn't turn over people until results are really bad.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-02-2023 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Bradley really own $1.5M? That's just absurd.

He is not a starter for a competitive team, just a bench player coming on at 65 minutes. At most should be on 250-300K?

Sorry but we cant keep starting him over some under 23 year old who could boss the midfield on that type of wage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not gonna complain about Oso being our 3rd DP if it means two u-22 players are incoming. I personally think that GAM they are saving is probably for Richie's transfer fee (that whole transfer is an absolute mess) and we will add an actual DP next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Not gonna complain about Oso being our 3rd DP if it means two u-22 players are incoming. I personally think that GAM they are saving is probably for Richie's transfer fee (that whole transfer is an absolute mess) and we will add an actual DP next year.
    i doubt they are looking at any u 22 players.its not the tfc way

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

He is not a starter for a competitive team, just a bench player coming on at 65 minutes. At most should be on 250-300K?

Sorry but we cant keep starting him over some under 23 year old who could boss the midfield on that type of wage.
    https://twitter.com/Thundering165/st...76333681639424

we don't know his wage, MLSE often front end contracts, and seeing as oso being bought, not him, there's a good chance his option this year is less.

however as you can see by link he compares favourably to a ton of good midfielders in the league (or at least did last year).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personal belief only. Given who he 'is' within this organization. MB would wage negate whatever Oso gained. Did TFC a salary solid- DP to MAXTAM? some years ago. Suspect/hoping he may 'sacrifice' again. Pure speculation on my part.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-03-2023 at 10:54 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Interesting find/highlight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone remember/know which TFC transfer/player Vanney is referencing?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post

Yes that’s what he makes, Not as much outrage by the fanbase because they keep saying Michael did the organization a favour when he took a pay cut from his DP wage to sign with us, but the truth is what team out there was going to give Bradley DP wages. again a case of TFC massively overpaying for a player, you are so right in saying a player who should not be a starter for us should be on 250k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Does anyone remember/know which TFC transfer/player Vanney is referencing?

Armando Cooper joined about a week or two after the window closed back in the day. There never was an explanation how that happened so he'd be my guess

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    ...I have stopped posting or reading the boards since an ignorant poster relentlessly attacked me - if I want social media BS there are lots of other avenues - but will monitor this thread for the next day or so...
    Come back to the RPB Forums/threads from your 'break' MightyDM. I, as I suspect many others, welcome your shares/posts as a longtime community member and contributor. Be, as several others here already have... 'a rock that an attacker break's themselves against'; withstand and participate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yes that’s what he makes, Not as much outrage by the fanbase because they keep saying Michael did the organization a favour when he took a pay cut from his DP wage to sign with us, but the truth is what team out there was going to give Bradley DP wages. again a case of TFC massively overpaying for a player, you are so right in saying a player who should not be a starter for us should be on 250k

sounded like a good move but i agree it is an overpayment -like they over paid for altidore at the time as well.

oh well- not much can be done now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a DM? Utility player? Lot's of chatter, oft injured, Paul Pogba is available...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a DM? Utility player? Lot's of chatter, oft injured, Paul Pogba is available...
    he would play about 3 games this season.

i do remember when bob gave his comments at the beginning of the preseason, he talked about transfer windows open past january.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/transferfenster

good info here on transfer windows still open.

keep an eye on poland, ukraine and a couple other secondary european leagues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he would play about 3 games this season.

i do remember when bob gave his comments at the beginning of the preseason, he talked about transfer windows open past january.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/transferfenster

good info here on transfer windows still open.

keep an eye on poland, ukraine and a couple other secondary european leagues.
    Their dates are all irrelevant. Transfer windows only apply to incoming players, not outgoing.

So as long as the signing comes before MLS' deadline in April, they can come from anywhere, as long as the team releases their contract.

However, we're more likely to have success in countries that still have open windows, as they can then replace whomever we sign with a transfer rather than having to hope they can find a free agent unbound by the window.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-03-2023 at 11:32 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Their dates are all irrelevant. Transfer windows only apply to incoming players, not outgoing.

So as long as the signing comes before MLS' deadline in April, they can come from anywhere, as long as the team releases their contract.

However, we're more likely to have success in countries that still have open windows, as they can then replace whomever we sign with a transfer rather than having to hope they can find a free agent unbound by the window.
    good to know.

always wondered about that.

and yeah will be tough to buy from a team that can't replace the player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good to know.

always wondered about that.

and yeah will be tough to buy from a team that can't replace the player.
    The better the league gets, the narrower the pool. I think it's why they aligned all the top leagues' transfer windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know, have a further understanding or confirmation, than any initial announcements from several weeks ago, that Adama Diomande is officially part of TFC? Is he still in Canada? Or is he now/will he be with the team in the United States? Are his Visa's... other footballing certificates all worked out?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know, have a further understanding or confirmation, than any initial announcements from several weeks ago, that Adama Diomande is officially part of TFC? Is he still in Canada? Or is he now/will he be with the team in the United States? Are his Visa's... other footballing certificates all worked out?
    it's all worked out but he was doing fitness work imn toronto.

he will be joining for 2nd camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y’all complaining about MB salary are cute and your revisionist history is outstanding…

he signed that deal after playing on one leg and leading us to our third final in 4 years. It was a good deal then as he was still performing at an above average cm. It was universally applaud when signed as he did a solid for the team to add another DP. The problem is we didn’t add anyone with impact.

Was the back end of the deal shit, sure but whether you like him or not he set the tone and was arguably the most important signing of TFC to usher in the new era.
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 02-03-2023 at 01:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Y’all complaining about MB salary are cute and your revisionist history is outstanding…

he signed that deal after playing on one leg and leading us to our third final in 4 years. It was a good deal then as he was still performing at an above average cm. It was universally applaud when signed as he did a solid for the team to add another DP. The problem is we didn’t add anyone with impact.

Was the back end of the deal shit, sure but whether you like him or not he set the tone and was arguably the most important signing of TFC to usher in the new era.
    SIGH, indeed. Way back in 1930, S. Freud published a book titled Civilization and Its Discontents!
    Complaining, and often for no reason, is part of human nature - it provides a psychological boost to those who engage in the aberration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No disagreements here. I am not bent out of shape over this contract. However, I think his role on the team still needs to be realistic, regardless of what he’s paid. We can’t expect him to play every minute. That’s not good for any party.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    No disagreements here. I am not bent out of shape over this contract. However, I think his role on the team still needs to be realistic, regardless of what he’s paid. We can’t expect him to play every minute. That’s not good for any party.
    yeah, there's no way he should be playing a minute in midweek games in multi game weeks.

we need a backup in before the season starts imo.

in regards to his contract, MLSE often front ends contracts, there's a chance his option is for less $$. we'll see later on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm someone whose never rated Bradley as high as some others, but even I, at the time, thought that was a great contract and fully agree - if you didn't criticize it at the time, you can't complain now. It was either a good or bad decision in that moment, and even looking back I'd still make that deal anytime.

I will say I think Seba is easily the most important signing in our history and the one who actually ushered in an era where, almost overnight, we went from a joke to a feared contender nobody enjoyed playing, but that's for another day
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 02-03-2023 at 03:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other thing to remember about MB's contract is how close he came to extending the DP deal by winning MLS Cup.

He would have made the entire value of his new contract ($6M) in one year instead of 4 years, had he done that. Everyone was aware of that clause, and I always thought the total dollars in the new deal (also $6M) was no accident.

I am glad he got the deal he did, it was fair. But as ag futbol says above, it is a sunk cost and has no bearing on how much he should play in 2023.

This isn’t even really a choice for team mgmt. He has to be treated as a load mgmt player. One way or the other, MB is going to play 1500 minutes I predict. If they try to get more out of him he will get hurt.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

off topic - schedule related- TFC's first two home games are march 11 and 18th @ 7.30 PM- do they think its 10 degrees around that time?

Does anyone know why they dont schedule a 1 PM or 4PM during the winter months

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    off topic - schedule related- TFC's first two home games are march 11 and 18th @ 7.30 PM- do they think its 10 degrees around that time?

Does anyone know why they dont schedule a 1 PM or 4PM during the winter months
    Our Apple overlords have deemed it necessary to have standard start times, weather be damned.