Page 74 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2464707172737475767778 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 2348
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Seems like Piatti is making his debut on Wed nights pre-season game anyone know if they will be streaming it ?
    TFC is not streaming any games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't write Delgado out of the picture just yet. That awful interview he gave was definitely a negotiation tactic to get a raise. You know Vanney will be pushing for him to be brought back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Don't write Delgado out of the picture just yet. That awful interview he gave was definitely a negotiation tactic to get a raise. You know Vanney will be pushing for him to be brought back.
    Meh, let him play it out.

Look at the production we got from Osorio in his contract year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wonder if they maybe go without thd 3rd keeper and use the MLS pool goalie if needed on a short term. They could also use the full season usl loan on one of those academy players to get an extra spot (unless that doesn't exist anymore in the new cba)
    The Reds have twp goalkeepers signed at TFCII in Americans Kevin Silva and Eric Klenofsky. Both saw action with them last year.
    There was one pool GK last year, Charlie Lyon who was based with the Timbers. He was used as a backup by the Union at one point last year. The last time the Reds utilized a pool GK was in 2012 with Brian Rowe.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/0...ad-2020-season

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with Osorio is that the best player on the team plays his best position (Poz). He tends to disappear when he plays on the left and does not bring the work rate or ball winning abilities of a Marky Delgado to play the 8. He is kind of a luxury player at this point that probably would be a prime candidate to be dealt if it wouldn't be met with big time outrage from the fanbase. He is a very good player though and will help Toronto win some games, no matter where he plays.
    Would a 4-2-3-1 would work? But Ideally we could turn Osorio's 750 k and Gallardo's contract into a productive winger. That money could get us a Katai tier winger... Another player I liked that earned only 650 last year was Hector Villalba

—————-Altidore
    ——Piatti—Pozuelo—Osorio
    —Bradley(Fraser)- Delgado
    Morrow-Mavinga-Gonzalez-Laryea
    Last edited by Defoe; 02-19-2020 at 03:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Would a 4-2-3-1 would work? But Ideally we could turn Osorio's 750 k and Gallardo's contract into a productive winger. That money could get us a Katai tier winger... Another player I liked that earned only 650 last year was Hector Villalba

—————-Altidore
    ——Piatti—Pozuelo—Osorio
    —Bradley(Fraser)- Delgado
    Morrow-Mavinga-Gonzalez-Laryea
    I think we need to see what Gallardo can do before writing him off. This could be his break out season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I think we need to see what Gallardo can do before writing him off. This could be his break out season.
    They said Piatti will be load managed this year, and Altidore is probably going to be as well (or just injured). Gallardo could get 20 games based on just subbing those two alone using this lineup (direct swap with Piatti and triangle rotation of Poz/Oso/Galardo for Altidore - poz up top, oso to middle, gallardo to wing)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, expect to hear the words load management a lot.

Bradley, Pozeulo, Ciman, Mavinga, Gonzalez, Morrow - all going to get games off for that. Our depth is going to be tested, which is why DeLeon & Endoh are going nowhere.

Our best 11 will take shape in September - until then, its what it takes to win that day given we also have to win next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only benefit to not being in the CCL is that there won't be up to 8 extra games between now and june

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They said Piatti will be load managed this year
    I got the impression that load management would apply to more than just Piatti. I bet Jozy is going to be doing it or at least should be.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    The only benefit to not being in the CCL is that there won't be up to 8 extra games between now and june
    Don't discount that, it's pretty big. Those games are midweek so greatly affects players rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team has lots of depth. Osorio/Delgado, Fraser(when Bradley is back), Ciman, laryea, shaffleburg, endoh them you have rookies like Nelson, Achara who could debut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just watching the goal the Fire scored yesterday. I noticed that's the second time that Bono has been beaten to the near-side post. That should be almost inexcusable at this level for a keeper. Has he lost another step in form? I'm glad we have Q, but I'm getting worried about the quality of the backups.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I got the impression that load management would apply to more than just Piatti. I bet Jozy is going to be doing it or at least should be.
    Wow guys Load management with Jozy and Piatti isnt Bradley also out for a few months?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS schedule almost the whole team needs load management. All the mid week games, plus canadian championship and dont forget TFC is in the other north american tournament.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing with Osorio is that the best player on the team plays his best position (Poz). He tends to disappear when he plays on the left and does not bring the work rate or ball winning abilities of a Marky Delgado to play the 8. He is kind of a luxury player at this point that probably would be a prime candidate to be dealt if it wouldn't be met with big time outrage from the fanbase. He is a very good player though and will help Toronto win some games, no matter where he plays.
    This is exactly right. He's not a bad player, but he is best in the same position as Poz (and Victor V). We want Poz in that position!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Agreed, but I’m not sure when that’s going to be. Looking even at the preseason lineups, he’s not getting much burn. Injured perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I was just watching the goal the Fire scored yesterday. I noticed that's the second time that Bono has been beaten to the near-side post. That should be almost inexcusable at this level for a keeper. Has he lost another step in form? I'm glad we have Q, but I'm getting worried about the quality of the backups.
    Keepers stopping a near post shot is a myth, as explained by TIFO Football. Too many variance is involved to definitely say that a keeper should be able to stop a near post shot. Not even de Gea or Courtois can stop a well placed shot anywhere. Until we see the goal, I can’t really say whether it was a great shot by the scorer or a keeper error (position sense)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is only place I've seen the goal in question -

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Here is only place I've seen the goal in question -
    Hard to be sure in that video & at that angle, but that looked weak on Bono's part. Not like it was a rocket to the top near corner which is hard to stop. More of a dribbler, where you think he should have been able to stick out a foot or arm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Hard to be sure in that video & at that angle, but that looked weak on Bono's part. Not like it was a rocket to the top near corner which is hard to stop. More of a dribbler, where you think he should have been able to stick out a foot or arm.
    It’s hard to tell what angle the attacker is coming in at as well. If he’s got a lot of net to shoot at it becomes incredibly hard to always cover your near post.
    But agreed, looked soft. I think he’s in his own head right now more than anything else

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    It’s hard to tell what angle the attacker is coming in at as well. If he’s got a lot of net to shoot at it becomes incredibly hard to always cover your near post.
    But agreed, looked soft. I think he’s in his own head right now more than anything else
    All we can hope is that Bono and the coaches look over the footages to see if they can spot technical mistakes or anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    All we can hope is that Bono and the coaches look over the footages to see if they can spot technical mistakes or anything.
    Biggest technical mistake made with Bono is putting him the starting XI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Biggest technical mistake made with Bono is putting him the starting XI.
    Sad, but true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Might be. He was a good shot stopper at one point, quite good. he and Zavs made some errors early on in 2018 and neither seems to have recovered.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    Keepers stopping a near post shot is a myth, as explained by TIFO Football. Too many variance is involved to definitely say that a keeper should be able to stop a near post shot. Not even de Gea or Courtois can stop a well placed shot anywhere. Until we see the goal, I can’t really say whether it was a great shot by the scorer or a keeper error (position sense)
    very interesting video. thanks for sharing. Bono should have saved this; De Gea that one. Is it overstated about keepers and the near post? Perhaps. But often near post goals are onses they make a mistake on. So Im still in the "shouldnt be beaten by a near post shot" camp . Its just angles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they converting Shaff to a LB? what will Griifin dorsey's role be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red I View Post
    Great to see, can’t wait to see what he can do once the regular season gets rolling. Hopefully his pre-season performance is just the start of something good. That leaves the Reds with one roster spot left to fill, will be interesting to see what direction they go?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Are they converting Shaff to a LB? what will Griifin dorsey's role be?
    Shaff could do well at LB. Definitely something the team should be teaching him in preparation for Morrow leaving/retiring.