Thread: Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thanks

OK flaming out like this sucks, but on the theory that there will be significant roster changes by next February...

Thanks to our champions. What a team.

They walk together forever.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three finals in 16 months and didn’t lose any of them.

The points record may fall, but I bet it'll be a long time before MLS sees that again.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah great thread... It's been a blast - time to reset and come back better!

Thanks!
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a beautiful story to cheer everyone up:

https://mobile.twitter.com/offsidetw...92291426639872

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Stories like this are what make sports so beautiful, the experiences they give each to people, the memories made. We will always have that 2017 season and build up to it beginning in 2015. I would not trade it for anything. Its the people you meet, the friends made, pints enjoyed, goal scored, games won that make it what it is. Onward to 2018.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I was in section 123 again. Hard enough to give tickets for free it seems. But the game was good even with a loss result.
    Appeared to be some cheering section that formed in the north end. I guess old section 114. I definitely found that cool. True TFC fans. It's like us fans have outcasted them. But they don't care. They love TFC.
    So it was a good change of hearing another side of a stadium having chants going.
    Weather turned amazing after half time as well. A great way to end the season for me. As I won't be making it to final game of year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ensco I want to make a positive post where we just talk about the last 3 years as like an off season thread...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    OK flaming out like this sucks, but on the theory that there will be significant roster changes by next February...

Thanks to our champions. What a team.

They walk together forever.
    Ensco, thank you for making this thread. Incredible moments and an incredible team. Yes they wore out, and yes management set a tone this year that wasn't humble enough, but this team left it all on the field for us for nearly 2 1/2 years, and they will be in our hearts (and in my case on my arm) for ever. Hagglund! Cheyrou! Ricketts! Jozy! Seba, Seba, Seba!!!!! Bradley! Moor! Beita! Beita! Morrow!!!! VV!!! Oso!!!!!!!!! Marky! Mavinga! Zavs! Hasler! Bono! Irwin! Morgan! Raheem! Armando! Hamilton! Chappy! What a collection of players who not only played their hearts out but played exceptionally - Bono being brilliant and Irwin taking us a long way too.

I had special personal moments at each final. I won't bore people with details, but life changing reunions with long lost relatives who turned out to be soccer fans too. TFC brought us together in a way I could only have dreamed.

Our club were awesome. And are awesome. TFC clap clap clap TFC clap clap clap TFC clap clap clap !!!!!!
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-09-2018 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Forgot Cooper!

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, the 2016 + 2017 season were amazing for me too. Last season especially. I was lucky enough to travel a bit and catch a fair few away games, made some great friends, and enjoyed every minute of it. The first playoff run, destroying NYCFC in their own back yard, and the incredible Montreal series. Followed up by that record breaking season, the tense and nervy playoff run, and finished off by dismantling Seattle on the final.

Huge thanks to the team, this supporters group, and the people who have made me feel part of something special.

On to next year!
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love these type of posts I'm so happy that the team brought people together... Thanks for sharing your experiences!! Hopefully a lot more to come... I had the same Idea as Esco who knew after Giovinco's goal what would follow... you can lock my thread I just wanted a thread to talk about next year and our experiences and a place to share stories and goals like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXTXecD3_o
    Last edited by matteo30; 10-09-2018 at 12:31 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll take those years and look forward as always to what comes next.

I will never forget the stories that come from each game. It's not all about what is on the field but those moments in the stands or travelling with your friends to away games. I'll never forget them!

Since people are recalling their one moment of great memory. Although, the celebrations after Cheyrou's goal was spectacular, this one moment in New York will be unforgettable. My friends and I drove overnight exhausted to get to New York so we wouldn't miss work. Then led to what has been my favourite away game so far!

This one goal right here and our celebration was amazing! Thank you TFC for not only bringing great play, but providing great memories I can share with friends for the rest of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-CG-2fz7Po
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voodooman View Post
    I'll take those years and look forward as always to what comes next.

I will never forget the stories that come from each game. It's not all about what is on the field but those moments in the stands or travelling with your friends to away games. I'll never forget them!

Since people are recalling their one moment of great memory. Although, the celebrations after Cheyrou's goal was spectacular, this one moment in New York will be unforgettable. My friends and I drove overnight exhausted to get to New York so we wouldn't miss work. Then led to what has been my favourite away game so far!

This one goal right here and our celebration was amazing! Thank you TFC for not only bringing great play, but providing great memories I can share with friends for the rest of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-CG-2fz7Po
    just watch this.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWWEErdA2EQ ! goose bumps at 5:40min mark! The best!!
    THANK YOU ALL!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although that goal is great, doesnt fit with my post, although an epic moment in its own right, its not my most iconic moment.

Everyone will have different moments, but anyway I look forward to travelling to DC next week and even though we arent in the playoffs, cheering like crazy and going for the W! Ready to continue writing stories!
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This present crop of players over the past four seasons has undoubtably been the best we’ve seen at BMO. Last year’s achievements will live with us forever. However I don’t think you can argue that over the four year period (Let’s call it the Altidore-Bradley-Giovinco years) this squad has seriously underachieved. It looks like Atlanta will take our record points tally this season which essentially leaves us with a treble and two CC. We should really have had two MLS Cups in that time and gone deep in the playoffs all four year. I think our big mistake this season was to let Beitashour go. The right side just hasn’t been the same taking away a big threat in our play. Yes injuries have played a role this year, but you can deny Bez’s recruitment last summer was a failure compared to previous years. We also put too much emphasis on the CCL, a tournament massively slanted towards Mexican teams. It not only lead to string of poor domestic results but a slew of injuries we never really recovered from

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can never decide which goal was THE goal. It was one of Hagglund or Cheyrou v Montreal, I think

But then I remember the sight of Jozy’s ball against Seattle... mid air, before it went it. Kind of suspended in air...

Then there is Gio’s free kick in Monterrey... Ashtone Morgan’s against America...
    Last edited by ensco; 10-09-2018 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    This present crop of players over the past four seasons has undoubtably been the best we’ve seen at BMO. Last year’s achievements will live with us forever. However I don’t think you can argue that over the four year period (Let’s call it the Altidore-Bradley-Giovinco years) this squad has seriously underachieved. It looks like Atlanta will take our record points tally this season which essentially leaves us with a treble and two CC. We should really have had two MLS Cups in that time and gone deep in the playoffs all four year. I think our big mistake this season was to let Beitashour go. The right side just hasn’t been the same taking away a big threat in our play. Yes injuries have played a role this year, but you can deny Bez’s recruitment last summer was a failure compared to previous years. We also put too much emphasis on the CCL, a tournament massively slanted towards Mexican teams. It not only lead to string of poor domestic results but a slew of injuries we never really recovered from
    So… this is a "thank you" thread; there are many others where your criticisms would be fair game, but I think it's in poor taste for you not to allow us to have a space where we can focus on the positives/highs of this era, of which there were many—don't be that guy.

Supporting from a distance can be tough, but suffice it to say anyone who knows me can tell you just how big a role TFC plays in my life.

These last few years have been unbelievable, from Seba's goal against NYRB, in 2015, to the madness that was the series against Montréal, in 2016, the Champion's League run this season (Ashtone's goal was a thing of beauty; Oso's backheel wasn't bad, either), and of course the surreal feeling, for me, which surrounded the MLS Cup re-match—the culmination of our obsessive determination to get back to that moment and set things right; poetic justice, as it were (you really couldn't write a better script).

For me, Altidore's goal against Columbus, in last year's Eastern Conference Finals, stands out as a moment which encapsulated the spirit of our team… and there couldn't be a more fitting player to do it, on one leg, no less (can't watch it without fighting tears); if TFC were an elaborate dish, comprised of many exotic spices, Jozy's the salt which brings it to life. That he's the heart and soul of our team is a drum I've been banging awhile, now, and will always do (I'll be deeply saddened to see him leave).

Wanted to post just the goal, but the All For One episode surrounding the match really does the moment justice (3 mins.); given the context of this thread, if you can, please, please watch said episode (Jozy: this city means a lot to me):

Else, here's the goal, itself, where, as a silver lining, you get to see more of Altidore's celebration and passion:

From the bottom of my heart, thank you Bradley, Oso, Seba, Jozy, Haggs, Nick, Zavs, Beita, Armando, J-Hams, Ash, Bones, Clint, Marky, Chris, Victor, *Auro, both Gregs (Vanny & *vdW), Robin Fraser and the rest of the staff, Cheyrou, Drew, Raheem, Chappy, Liam, Jason Hernandez, Justin, Tos, *Telfer and *Will Johnson.

* denotes players not on the treble-winning roster, but have contributed significantly, either the year before, or in this year's CCL run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reply to General Woolf’s:

No. They are not underachievers. They are the best
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-09-2018 at 10:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Baring penalties, this team hasn't lost a playoff series or a cup match in almost 3 years. They took the pain of Montreal October 25 2015 and weaved a magical ride.

They are and will always be legends.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The feeling of 2016-17 run can never be taken away. What a run that was. We'll get back there soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    The feeling of 2016-17 run can never be taken away. What a run that was. We'll get back there soon.
    I went to every game in 2016 and 2017. People asked me in 2016 and 2017 what are TFC games like? I cannot properly convey to them how incredible those TFC games were.
    I use words like great night, magical, incredible game. but that does not accurately describe the 2 hours spent at BMO field. I can't properly express to them my feelings about those TFC games. I still get slightly emotional and sing along when i am lined up for a beer every game when they play the TFC song The Legend TFC

Only fellow fans that go to the games can understand how magnificent a sporting event TFC games are. I don't go to other sporting events but I am certain nothing can even come close to compare to the TFC games of 2016-2017

Thanks for the absolutely fantastic memories!!
    no doubt in my mind they will be back next year
    Last edited by stevep; 10-10-2018 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Incredible run the previous 2 seasons and the CCL this year. Kudos to the team for giving us all of this. Many footie fans can only dream of what we had. Be there next year for when we start the hunt again!! It's been a good run. Thanks. Up 2019!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I can never decide which goal was THE goal. It was one of Hagglund or Cheyrou v Montreal, I think

But then I remember the sight of Jozy’s ball against Seattle... mid air, before it went it. Kind of suspended in air...

Then there is Gio’s free kick in Monterrey... Ashtone Morgan’s against America...
    It's the Hagglund goal for me, absolute bedlam ended up on my back in the aisle between 115 and 116. The Altidore cup winner I vividly remember the moment halfway between his foot and the net when I realized it was going in, it was like the world stopped lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    The Altidore cup winner I vividly remember the moment halfway between his foot and the net when I realized it was going in, it was like the world stopped lol
    That's it, exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure how much roster changes is needed. Some for sure. But injuries were key. But we do need to evaluate everyone. But despite how shit the season was, I am not too pessimistic. However, we need to be able to cope better with injury.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    The Altidore cup winner I vividly remember the moment halfway between his foot and the net when I realized it was going in, it was like the world stopped lol
    For 364 nights I woke up screaming to the nightmare of Frei reaching backwards to stop Jozy's header in overtime. That scene played over and over in my head constantly. But it was quickly erased as that ball floated towards that south-end goal.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

There are several moments over the course of the past few seasons that stand out. The semi-final win against Montreal will forever be burned into my heart (great comebacks in both matches), while Jozy's goal over Frei after 186 minutes of him shutting us out in finals was ecstasy. VV's clincher brought tears to my eyes as it dawned on me that that was it, it was real and we were actually going to win it and there would be no last-minute disappointment.

So many great moments along the way, too. The years of heartbreak and small victories that all culminated in that MLS Cup being raised for the first time...all of it. After the Cup final I was drained, emotionally, physically...drained and happy. Also, I was still a little bit in shock and just a general state of euphoria. It's been a great run and I'm convinced we still have the players to make another run, with some adjustments, so I look forward to more.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    There are several moments over the course of the past few seasons that stand out. The semi-final win against Montreal will forever be burned into my heart (great comebacks in both matches), while Jozy's goal over Frei after 186 minutes of him shutting us out in finals was ecstasy. VV's clincher brought tears to my eyes as it dawned on me that that was it, it was real and we were actually going to win it and there would be no last-minute disappointment.

So many great moments along the way, too. The years of heartbreak and small victories that all culminated in that MLS Cup being raised for the first time...all of it. After the Cup final I was drained, emotionally, physically...drained and happy. Also, I was still a little bit in shock and just a general state of euphoria. It's been a great run and I'm convinced we still have the players to make another run, with some adjustments, so I look forward to more.
    Agreed with all of that. Add to it (for those of us who got to see it) the victory parade down the streets of downtown Toronto.

One thing that stood out that incredible season was going to every home game expecting to win. It didn't matter who scored first! We only lost one home game all season! It was a surreal feeling. Something that I'll never forget.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even with all that season's wins along the way- I don't think the reality of what had been accomplished hit until I saw the Shield being wheeled into Joe's the day of the presentation and then it was a fantastical blur of the Finals starting with Red Christmas (I think I replayed it on my morning commute everyday until the Final)- to Parade day- wrapped up nicely by THAT speech!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointing season, clearly. We had the talent but mainly due to fatigue and injuries could never get it together. I truly believe, that with a few tweaks, we will be back at the top next year. Providing we make the correct tweaks.

I have never been of these board more then this years, mostly because I did not want to shit on a team that had just been super the previous year, and very good the year prior. But next year, we need to get it right, from game one.