Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 15 - Thus Must I From the Smoke into the Smother - TFC @ Orlando June26 730

First leg of a diagonal trip across the continent next week but worth the efforts for our own "heavenly Rosalind".

Have at it People

WOWZA EDIT LINKS TO STREAMS PARTY!!

1. http://firstrowca.eu/watch/445219/1/...oronto-fc.html
    2. http://www.goindexsport.com/Orlando-...oronto-FC.html
    3. http://www.extremesports.tech/index....ty-vs-toronto/
    4. http://www.funhdtv.com/p/sky3_19.html

(sorry for the edit og!)
    Last edited by __wowza; 06-25-2016 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando has a good offense, but defense is a bit shaky at times. Vanney will probably play a lot of reserves in a flat 4-4-2. I'll say they tie 1-1 or 0-0.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-1 TFC.
    TFC goals - Seba 2, Johnson 1
    Orlando - Penalty goal by Kaka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm ready for a Seba goal scoring revival. I just hope he is, too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a long way to go for that golden boot again. Villa at 11.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will be a tight, ugly one I think. I agree with the early draw predictions. I say 1-1 with a goal by a defender.

And hard to not see Bradley playing. Vanney will probably say for him to rest or be off the bench but Bradley being Bradley, I'm sure he'll battle that out until he wins and starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This will be a tight, ugly one I think. I agree with the early draw predictions. I say 1-1 with a goal by a defender.

And hard to not see Bradley playing. Vanney will probably say for him to rest or be off the bench but Bradley being Bradley, I'm sure he'll battle that out until he wins and starts.
    Sadly I think Bradley will still be with the US team playing in the 3rd place Copa America game....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

USMNT playing on Saturday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right, 3rd place worthless match. Forgot about that. Since he is the captain I guess he'll stick around for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's right, 3rd place worthless match. Forgot about that. Since he is the captain I guess he'll stick around for it.
    No one would leave their National team with a game still to be played.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    No one would leave their National team with a game still to be played.
    Buts it's something rarely tested because only a few dumb ass leagues run matches concurrent with tournaments like these. Ours being one of the dumbest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buts it's something rarely tested because only a few dumb ass leagues run matches concurrent with tournaments like these. Ours being one of the dumbest.
    Fortunately we've got Cheyrou and Johnson who have been doing a fine job as D-Mids.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of forgot how Seba (and the rest of TFC) lit these guys up last year. Haven't seen much of Orlando this year, do they still just stand around and let the play come to them? If so, scratch my 1-1 draw prediction and make it 1-3.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of forgot how Seba (and the rest of TFC) lit these guys up last year. Haven't seen much of Orlando this year, do they still just stand around and let the play come to them? If so, scratch my 1-1 draw prediction and make it 1-3.
    Counterattack through the middle with Larin and Batista. Still way to reliant upon Kaka who may not play. I'm thinking Perquis and Zavs for this game - give Moor a night off. Their defence is better and Bendik is having a career year (still not as good as Irwin).

Stay organized and they can be beat.

Lots of last minute heroics and disappointments. Don't turn off the game early cause something likely to happen late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is going to play RB? Hagglund? Will Bloom make an appearance? Bring up Wesley Charpie?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Who is going to play RB? Hagglund? Will Bloom make an appearance? Bring up Wesley Charpie?
    Maybe Josh Williams.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    3-1 TFC.
    TFC goals - Seba 2, Johnson 1
    Orlando - Penalty goal by Kaka.
    That is serious wishful thinking.. Vanney has no interest in scoring more than one goal a game.. unless he has to.. it will be a 1-1 tie. or a 2-1 loss. (with the second goal coming after the 60th minute)
    Last edited by Kaz; 06-24-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    That is serious wishful thinking.. Vanney has no interest in scoring more than one goal a game.. unless he has to.. it will be a 1-1 tie. or a 2-1 loss. (with the second goal coming after the 60th minute)
    I think he'd like to score more but all of our forwards not named Giovinco aren't up to it at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he'd like to score more but all of our forwards not named Giovinco aren't up to it at the moment.
    I think you give him way too much credit. All Season we have won by 2 goals twice. The moment we score we stop playing forwards as much. Vancouver was the first time I saw us do more.

Vanney's whole offensive strategy seems to be get Gio the Ball.. in the offseason we sold all our offense pieces and we just have the young kids. One possible Offensive piece we have we are playing as a DM.. because he doesn't like being offensive even though he is decent at it but still wants DP money..

We play Gio as a loan forwards instead of a floating AM with a forward in front much of the time.

Vanney hasn't shown any killer instinct to put games away all year.. either because we sold all our pieces or poor coaching.. either way that is on him and bez

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney's whole offensive strategy seems to be get Gio the Ball.. in the offseason we sold all our offense pieces and we just have the young kids.
    Well we did dump a lot of our offensive pieces and they weren't replaced with vets. The fact that we are middling along with this many kids in the line up says something about Vanney's tactics. Switching up the roster doesn't throw us into complete disarray like usual and that goes down to preparation and a system that works. The blame for this set up should go to Manning. He was the one that laid out the goals against limit and the road trip point total and that lead to what we're playing now. To win, this is better. If we had all our roster together at the same time it would be better but the need for a decent crossing wide player looms large. If we get that then maybe we're talking but with what we have and how we're playing, one goal wins are what it's all about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we did dump a lot of our offensive pieces and they weren't replaced with vets. The fact that we are middling along with this many kids in the line up says something about Vanney's tactics. Switching up the roster doesn't throw us into complete disarray like usual and that goes down to preparation and a system that works. The blame for this set up should go to Manning. He was the one that laid out the goals against limit and the road trip point total and that lead to what we're playing now. To win, this is better. If we had all our roster together at the same time it would be better but the need for a decent crossing wide player looms large. If we get that then maybe we're talking but with what we have and how we're playing, one goal wins are what it's all about.

So you are saying it is the Presidents fault that his GM and Coaching staff were unable to think long term or provide a decent plan to him.. basically Vanney isn't even capable of winning an argument let alone taking this team to a cup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you are saying it is the Presidents fault that his GM and Coaching staff were unable to think long term or provide a decent plan to him.. basically Vanney isn't even capable of winning an argument let alone taking this team to a cup.
    Browse the "Vanney Deathwatch" thread, then look at who started it and then get back to me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gameday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Gameday
    Winday

Im still tired from the LA game... I dunno how these guys do it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Anybody seen pics on social media of who is down there? Cause this team is flying straight to Vancouver tomorrow morning and if they are not down there, who knows what is going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Between the CCL matches as well as our home match against LAG, I would say that we've been in decent form.

Not mind blowing, but we have been doing all the little/simple things right.

Would love to see them steal all 3 points, but a tie will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=OgtheDim;

Anybody seen pics on social media of who is down there? Cause this team is flying straight to Vancouver tomorrow morning and if they are not down there, who knows what is going on.[/QUOTE]

Maybe some of them will go to Vancouver on their own, and join them there?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The @BacardiCanada Starting XI: Irwin; Morrow, Moor, Williams, Hagglund; Cheyrou, Osorio, Johnson, Endoh; Giovinco, Hamilton.

Bench: Bono, Bloom, Zavaleta, Delgado, Chapman, Babouli

Looks like Hagglund at RB, which makes no sense with Bloom available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone found a stream for this game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    The @BacardiCanada Starting XI: Irwin; Morrow, Moor, Williams, Hagglund; Cheyrou, Osorio, Johnson, Endoh; Giovinco, Hamilton.

Bench: Bono, Bloom, Zavaleta, Delgado, Chapman, Babouli

Looks like Hagglund at RB, which makes no sense with Bloom available.

It makes good sense because Bloomy hasn't played for 3 months.