Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    LOL, if you don't remember the Mother-Of-All-Threads about De Rosario -- there were actually multiple DeRo threads over the years -- I can't take the other stuff too seriously. Among other things, long-standing RPB members fought and quit (or were banned) over the DeRo discussions.

But I would like to thank you for giving this Seba thread some life again! It was getting rather stale. Pro tip on dealing with threads that you don't like / don't find important / don't find worthy: ignore them. When there's no news, when nobody cares enough, threads disappear all on their own.
    yup - that dero situation was the last thing that tore the group apart - was never the same after that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba subbed out. Watched the game today. Hard to say for sure but my first impression is that he is not the player he was with TFC
    Anyone else watch the game? If so please share your thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watching the game he just looked like he wasn’t even interested and defeated. His body language all game was more of why the F am I out here. Won’t be surprised come the window he’s gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denoire View Post
    His body language all game was more of why the F am I out here. Won’t be surprised come the window he’s gone.
    I would assume he would have thought about this before leaving Toronto for the extra $4M

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I would assume he would have thought about this before leaving Toronto for the extra $4M
    Some people just see dollar signs and that blinds everything else. Other people take the whole picture into account. Happens in almost every profession, sports is no exception.

Saudi is one of those places that don't rate too high in the "quality of life" department, but people can make a tonne of cash there. I think Seba didn't realize quite how hard it would be and regrets the change.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Some people just see dollar signs and that blinds everything else. Other people take the whole picture into account. Happens in almost every profession, sports is no exception.

Saudi is one of those places that don't rate too high in the "quality of life" department, but people can make a tonne of cash there. I think Seba didn't realize quite how hard it would be and regrets the change.
    Why does everyone always assume this?

It's easier for me to imagine that Seba is quite fine just mailing it in, he is laughing all the way to the bank, will continue to do so, and it's the Saudis who should have regrets, if anyone does.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Why does everyone always assume this?

It's easier for me to imagine that Seba is quite fine just mailing it in, he is laughing all the way to the bank, will continue to do so, and it's the Saudis who should have regrets, if anyone does.
    People think that because it appears that he wants out of his contract, at least how people read the situation with cryptic posts, oblique statements and such. We don't have proof for a court of law.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People think that because it appears that he wants out of his contract, at least how people read the situation with cryptic posts, oblique statements and such. We don't have proof for a court of law.
    He might be living proof of the marginal utility of money theory

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If so, I think he wants to be BOUGHT out, not LET out. Just my 2 cents.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If so, I think he wants to be BOUGHT out, not LET out. Just my 2 cents.
    Probably true!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watching the game today I would say that Seba received no service at all! Hes was well marked and not given much room. Most of you guys love taking swipes at Gio because you felt he betrayed you by leaving TFC. I agree that he is laughing all the way to the bank. For another few million a year he would still be with us, blame Manning (total fool) signs Altidore to 6 mil per always injured. POZ will cost us 20 mil for the time he is here(was nowhere to be seen for half the games). Bradley is broken down he has taken a massive downward spiral in the last year it will only get worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NOMOTFCBSFROMFO View Post
    watching the game today I would say that Seba received no service at all! Hes was well marked and not given much room. Most of you guys love taking swipes at Gio because you felt he betrayed you by leaving TFC. I agree that he is laughing all the way to the bank. For another few million a year he would still be with us, blame Manning (total fool) signs Altidore to 6 mil per always injured. POZ will cost us 20 mil for the time he is here(was nowhere to be seen for half the games). Bradley is broken down he has taken a massive downward spiral in the last year it will only get worse.
    He's old and that's the best team he's played against in 5 plus years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine a Giovinco-Cavallini duo up front. Those 2, could probably have been had for 10 million a year (not including fees) vs Altidore alone making 6. No doubt we could persuade Cavallini and Giovinco to be here, that said we could still land a top striker to play up front with Altidore so I really hope they execute

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or maybe his board membership dates from 2014, and DeRo happened in 2011.
    True, but who knows how long he was lurking before that? And if he's only been reading the boards since 2014, probably not a good idea to say "there's never been another thread for an individual player."

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Seba subbed out. Watched the game today. Hard to say for sure but my first impression is that he is not the player he was with TFC
    Anyone else watch the game? If so please share your thoughts
    I didn't watch today's game. But it's interesting, because Seba was quite good in the last qualifying games.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either you are doing a really lousy job of trolling, or you really believe that Seba alone can make TFC a winner. Which is it? If you aren't trolling, try to avoid exaggeration and highly inflammatory statements like attacking "most of you guys" or you will be mistaken for a troll and the ban hammer will fall on you. Thanks.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-17-2019 at 07:43 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either you are doing a really lousy job of trolling, or you really believe that Seba alone can make TFC a winner. Which is it? If you aren't trolling, try to avoid exaggeration and highly inflammatory statements like attacking "most of you guys" or you will be mistaken for a troll and the ban hammer will fall on you. Thanks.
    My intention is not to troll, I have been told I am a little rough around the edges so sorry about the "most of you guys" My opinion is that TFC has made awful decisions in player signings and non-signings, yes they made it to this years final but really with the amount they spend on salaries they should win championships for fun every year. Hope there are no hard feelings Old Timer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    True, but who knows how long he was lurking before that? And if he's only been reading the boards since 2014, probably not a good idea to say "there's never been another thread for an individual player."
    Maybe he was lurking here / had a membership almost since the inception of TFC, was banned at some point (because arguing about a joke he made about a marginal TFC player, and considered it not even closely offensive enough to warrant banning), after banning for some 1-2 years very rarely came to lurk to this board (and the whole Dero stuff happened around that time), but then could not stay off and came back with a new membership.
    ...New membership on which he has a lot less activity (like postings) like he had with that initial membership.

Who knows?
    Probably a book could be written about the history of this board in which a rich chapter would be about members banned, and then resurfaced under other names.

But of course all this is just a supposition...
    Maybe he didn't even know about the existence of a team called "TFC" before 2014.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-18-2019 at 04:14 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My intention is not to troll, I have been told I am a little rough around the edges so sorry about the "most of you guys" My opinion is that TFC has made awful decisions in player signings and non-signings, yes they made it to this years final but really with the amount they spend on salaries they should win championships for fun every year. Hope there are no hard feelings Old Timer!
    No problem. It looks from your user name that you created this account to complain. Since TFC doesn't monitor this board, maybe you should tweet your complaints directly to them, or phone your rep. If you look at our board poll, we pretty much (like 90% of us) like the current management. Not that we won't hold them accountable, but we don't think of them as complete idiots.

BTW, good thing you weren't around before the current management, If you're upset at their moves now, you would have had a coronary over Mo Johnston's last minute roster moves (often waiting to get a full roster after the season had started), and our "worst team in the world" status under Aron Winter would have caused major depression (not to mention Paul Mariner calling a minor player "the greatest finisher in the modern game."). Fun times.

Here's a great book on the history of TFC, it's worth a read. https://www.amazon.ca/Come-You-Reds-.../dp/1459742370
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-18-2019 at 10:40 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No problem. It looks from your user name that you created this account to complain. Since TFC doesn't monitor this board, maybe you should tweet your complaints directly to them, or phone your rep. If you look at our board poll, we pretty much (like 90% of us) like the current management. Not that we won't hold them accountable, but we don't think of them as complete idiots.

BTW, good thing you weren't around before the current management, If you're upset at their moves now, you would have had a coronary over Mo Johnston's last minute roster moves (often waiting to get a full roster after the season had started), and our "worst team in the world" status under Aron Winter would have caused major depression (not to mention Paul Mariner calling a minor player "the greatest finisher in the modern game."). Fun times.

Here's a great book on the history of TFC, it's worth a read. https://www.amazon.ca/Come-You-Reds-.../dp/1459742370
    Yes your right I am sure none of you want to hear my complaints about this team on this site! But rest assured I have made my feelings known with staff at TFC offices, Hope it gets to Mannings ears, My TFC season have been cancelled after 10 years (already received a few calls asking me to reconsider). Thanks for your TFC history book suggestion but I know all about the previous years and futile mismanagement which in my opinion is just carrying on with the recent Jozy,Poz, Bradley and Gio decisions!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes your right I am sure none of you want to hear my complaints about this team on this site! But rest assured I have made my feelings known with staff at TFC offices, Hope it gets to Mannings ears, My TFC season have been cancelled after 10 years (already received a few calls asking me to reconsider). Thanks for your TFC history book suggestion but I know all about the previous years and futile mismanagement which in my opinion is just carrying on with the recent Jozy,Poz, Bradley and Gio decisions!
    We tend to appreciate more in-depth discussion which would look at analysis, tactics, team dynamics and in-depth news. Twitter is the place to rant.

You obviously are very, very, very angry about Giovinco leaving. So you created an account here in September just to rant, but you're speaking to the wrong audience and we are not really interested in a million "the FO is stupid" posts.

So if you are here just to vent your anger rather than discuss the other stuff that we are interested in, then maybe move your ranting to Twitter. The FO will see what you Tweet, you'll have a much larger audience (especially if you tag it #tfc #tfclive) and you won't have a group of hardcore supporters upset with you. Spamming this board (and you are spamming) with FO hate is not going to suddenly make a group like ours line up behind you in some sort of holy war against the FO.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 12-19-2019 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t Manning arrive at TFC 11 months after Jozy signed his $6m a year deal in 2015? And his new deal is not close to that. And Pozuelo is one of the top 4 players in the league - that was a great signing by Curtis, Vanney and Manning

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That and somebody (I believe it was Rollins) did an analysis showing Bradley was more effective in 2019 then most CM's in the league when it came to passing, tackling & the like.

There's a twitter run narrative out there that Jozy is injured, Poz is ineffective and Bradley is old - usually comes from people who watch highlights rather then whole games. Jozy scores when playing (which is does 70% of the time), Poz tries a lot of stuff & Bradley is a DM (the least understood role in a team).

The tendency for people to consume all their soccer in 3 minute bites is slowly destroying understanding of how games are played. (e.g. there is evidence that more people now watch EPL highlights then whole EPL games)
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-20-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba seemed to spend half his time playing behind Gomis, so he should have seen the ball more than he did. He made the odd nice touch/pass, but the game, for the most part, passed him by. Plenty of sulking and complaining to the MLS ref, which certainly brought back memories. Basically crawled off the pitch after his substitution, and it wasn't due to exertion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw this on twitter:

عبدالله الحنيان

@a_alhanyan

"Giovinco expressed his management
    #الهلال His desire not to complete his contract, due to special circumstances. He is likely to be the first to leave the club walls during the next transfer window."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Saw this on twitter:

عبدالله الحنيان

@a_alhanyan

"Giovinco expressed his management
    #الهلال His desire not to complete his contract, due to special circumstances. He is likely to be the first to leave the club walls during the next transfer window."

after watching him in today's game and the last game during the week this is highly believable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you. You accepted the overly inflated wage knowing full well the circumstances.

So fucking sick of these whiny football players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we can do better on the new DP front than Seba. He was a great player for us..but not more important in the big matches than Jozy, Bradley, or even Victor. We replaced Victor with Poz...but never replaced an aging Gio. $5Million well spent will have us competing for the Supporters Shield again this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But what if he agreed to come back on TAM?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What role is there for him? His free kick quality dropped in his last year here, he requires a second forward, he's not interested in defence - is he Poz's sub?