Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Luke would have greatly benefited with a loan to say a CPL, USL team in 2020 as many were loaned out when TFC II sat out. Between those on MLS and USL deal, the Reds loaned out 11 players in 2020. I understand he was an unexperienced player at the time, but he would have benefited some going somewhere rather than just training with the first team.
    I agree, but at that point, he was still an academy player. I can see why it would be hard to arrange a loan for him. He had no pro experience. Loaning him out was easier said than done. All the players TFC2 loaned out had pro experience that could interest teams. First team training was probably the only option. Also, it was the beginning stages of the pandemic (including with travel bans) so loans to other youth teams in Europe were also probably limited.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I agree, but at that point, he was still an academy player. I can see why it would be hard to arrange a loan for him. He had no pro experience. Loaning him out was easier said than done. All the players TFC2 loaned out had pro experience that could interest teams. First team training was probably the only option. Also, it was the beginning stages of the pandemic (including with travel bans) so loans to other youth teams in Europe were also probably limited.
    Yeah of the 11 who was loaned out in 2020, Nyal Higgins was the only one with prior experience, he went to a 3rd division team in Sweden. Now that is another name I wonder if the Reds still rate. He was taken with the Reds first of two first round picks in 2020, the other was Achara.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!