Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    At the Town Hall a few years back, Tom pretty much alluded to the fact that they were treating TFC fans as they do with Raptor and Leafs SSH. Basically saying money is no object to the people buying tickets so they can charge whatever they want.
    He also said that they didn't realize at the time that the culture would be different from other NA sports, that we didn't want to pay up front for games that TFC might be a part of (i.e. MLS Cup)...it almost sounded like he was getting it...almost...
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    What amazes me about the nasty responses is they are TFC supporters & for the most part like minded people (protesting aside). With support for the team dwindeling, why in the world would you want to be nasty with somone or a group of people that share the same passion as you. The vast majority of people in Toronto don't give a shit about TFC, why would fellow TFC supporters want to shit on each other. Usector (like us) have become much smaller & less involved on game days, you would think they would be reaching out to fellow supporters not making ignorant statements towards them. You would also think that enhancing the game day experience would be the number one goal for all the supporters that are left & actually care enough to post on a message board. As others have said don't let a couple of ignorant posters on another board bother you.
    Agreed...this is the part that disappoints me most. Some of the vitriol I've seen on that board is the kind of stuff I expect from Limpact or KKKrew fans, not fellow supporters. I've always respected U-Sector and their history, and I'm not going to shit on them, especially as I watch many away games with some of their group at the Duke, but I found one of the comments on that thread telling. It was to the effect of "You do realize we supported the Lynx in empty stadiums, supported a team with shit management, long before TFC ever existed?". As much as that might say about their culture as a supporters group, it's ironic because the way things are going with this club, they may be reliving those Lynx days sooner than they think.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure TFC FO dreamed of a day where season ticket were so expensive that individuals would no longer be able to afford them. They would all be corportate or friends splitting the season tickets up.

I don't think they imagined people would buy season ticket and attend EVERY match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What amazes me about the nasty responses is they are TFC supporters & for the most part like minded people (protesting aside). With support for the team dwindeling, why in the world would you want to be nasty with somone or a group of people that share the same passion as you. The vast majority of people in Toronto don't give a shit about TFC, why would fellow TFC supporters want to shit on each other. Usector (like us) have become much smaller & less involved on game days, you would think they would be reaching out to fellow supporters not making ignorant statements towards them. You would also think that enhancing the game day experience would be the number one goal for all the supporters that are left & actually care enough to post on a message board.

As others have said don't let a couple of ignorant posters on another board bother you.
    Dark Metal hides behind a computer screen likely in his mothers basement taking ignorant pot shots at people on the internet.

He likely would not make any of those comments in person for fear of getting his face filled in......he's always welcome to drop by 112 with that attitude & take his chances......C*nt!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for clarification LP but lets not stoke any unnecessary animosity.

No interest in name calling or challenges.

Let's all keep this on topic and move ahead.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What amazes me about the nasty responses is they are TFC supporters & for the most part like minded people (protesting aside). With support for the team dwindeling, why in the world would you want to be nasty with somone or a group of people that share the same passion as you. The vast majority of people in Toronto don't give a shit about TFC, why would fellow TFC supporters want to shit on each other. Usector (like us) have become much smaller & less involved on game days, you would think they would be reaching out to fellow supporters not making ignorant statements towards them. You would also think that enhancing the game day experience would be the number one goal for all the supporters that are left & actually care enough to post on a message board.

As others have said don't let a couple of ignorant posters on another board bother you.
    could it have to do with our view on these protests not matching that of people here? the fact that this has been stated a hundred times? or perhaps people coming over once a year to try and get people to join in what we see as futile endeavours? usector doesnt come here to preach on what we think you lot should do right?

as for being nasty, most of us know each other in person and so we take the piss online as we would in person. from the reactions in here people are taking this waaay to serious and are blowing things out of proportion. its friday folks, focus on beer after work instead of worrying about this sort of insignificant mumbo jumbo.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FreekAce View Post
    could it have to do with our view on these protests not matching that of people here? the fact that this has been stated a hundred times?
    Those who know both groups have tried to explain it, but the culture difference between the two groups still hasn't filtered through to everyone yet. Don't let it bother you. The invitations to protest are friendly, not bossy.

usector doesnt come here to preach on what we think you lot should do right?
    No, but a certain U-Sector blogger did do so in a very negative manner from the safety of his blog. In all fairness, though, he was called out for it by several U-Sector members.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm the one that invited you guys to join in. the protest was not endorsed or supported by the RPB group and I think I made that clear. It was like minded individuals that got together, some are members, some are not. the invitation was sent with the best of intentions.
    the response was ridiculous and rude.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by narduch View Post
    I'm pretty sure TFC FO dreamed of a day where season ticket were so expensive that individuals would no longer be able to afford them. They would all be corportate or friends splitting the season tickets up.

I don't think they imagined people would buy season ticket and attend EVERY match.
    In Toronto, sports teams are for the businesses, not for the people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    I'm the one that invited you guys to join in. the protest was not endorsed or supported by the RPB group and I think I made that clear. It was like minded individuals that got together, some are members, some are not. the invitation was sent with the best of intentions.
    the response was ridiculous and rude.
    I hate getting into this BS (it's so 2007), but there's a post in this very thread in which you implied U-Sector to was worse than the girl scouts. And that was just a day or two before you invited the group (with the best of intentions) to join in on your protest.

I don't really care because aside from the social aspect, I've pulled myself back from supporters group "duties" (as they are) for various reasons, but if you're going to try to call a spade a spade, at least do it both ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No, but a certain U-Sector blogger did do so in a very negative manner from the safety of his blog. In all fairness, though, he was called out for it by several U-Sector members.
    What does anything that Duane Rollins (or Ben Rycroft, or Ben Knight, or myself) writes in a completely unrelated platform under his own name have to do with the group at large?

Duane's not a U-Sector blogger, he's a blogger who happens to belong to U-Sector. Huge difference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those who know both groups have tried to explain it, but the culture difference between the two groups still hasn't filtered through to everyone yet. Don't let it bother you. The invitations to protest are friendly, not bossy.

i'm not bothered by it at all, more amused really. same shit happens every year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    I hate getting into this BS (it's so 2007), but there's a post in this very thread in which you implied U-Sector to was worse than the girl scouts. And that was just a day or two before you invited the group (with the best of intentions) to join in on your protest.

I don't really care because aside from the social aspect, I've pulled myself back from supporters group "duties" (as they are) for various reasons, but if you're going to try to call a spade a spade, at least do it both ways.

I should have known better and not said that. I was pissed off at the response I got from the first invitation and condemned the whole group prior to investigation. that wasn't too smart on my part.

the second plan came up and someone suggested we try to contact more supporters. since it wasn't a protest I naively thought that U Sector might be interested or that some members might be interested. in error I made the invitation and I'm sure you saw the response.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not bothered by it at all, more amused really. same shit happens every year.
    It's extremely tiresome.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post

Duane's not a U-Sector blogger, he's a blogger who happens to belong to U-Sector. Huge difference.
    Fair enough, he was wearing U-Sector on his sleeve at the time, though.

Look, I know we're all tired of this stuff. I just wish that supporters could get along. I've always respected U-Sector, and appreciate the history.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough, he was wearing U-Sector on his sleeve at the time, though.

Look, I know we're all tired of this stuff. I just wish that supporters could get along. I've always respected U-Sector, and appreciate the history.
    i dont think its a matter of supporters not getting along though, there's a lot of bitching and nagging online but in person and on gameday i do not think there are a lot of issues. well, other then the management issues. oh and the coach issues. the lack of quality players as well i guess.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont think its a matter of supporters not getting along though, there's a lot of bitching and nagging online but in person and on gameday i do not think there are a lot of issues. well, other then the management issues. oh and the coach issues. the lack of quality players as well i guess.
    That's pretty much it. Actually, if we had a winning team, probably the online complaining would go away too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the next phase is ready to rock and roll. please check here for details.

http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...-emails-to-TFC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe we helped, maybe we didn't. seems they got the message from somewhere.

thanks to all that contributed. it was both fun and frustrating at times.

Let's keep in touch maybe we can do two sticks with a different message next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War isn't over though. We might have won a battle, but there's more issues to deal with TFC.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    War isn't over though. We might have won a battle, but there's more issues to deal with TFC.
    My focus was always a structural change. The team needed a focus. The team needed a president. Looks like that is happening. I'm happy with Payne in the job if he is given the authority to do it properly.
    I'm not here to protest everything that is wrong with mlse or TFC.
    IMO Payne now needs time to come in and figure out how to fix this mess.
    I hope he fires mariner as soon as possible but if mlse has to give him the time and power to do it then so do I.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I agree. It looks like a step in the right direction. I am weary, and I want to hear him. But I got to say that if he says the right things, I may just give them my money once again. God knows I want to believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Does this mean De Ro is comming back????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post
    My focus was always a structural change. The team needed a focus. The team needed a president. Looks like that is happening. I'm happy with Payne in the job if he is given the authority to do it properly.
    I'm not here to protest everything that is wrong with mlse or TFC.
    IMO Payne now needs time to come in and figure out how to fix this mess.
    I hope he fires mariner as soon as possible but if mlse has to give him the time and power to do it then so do I.
    That's the thing though. How much control will new president have with this club? Obviously no one here wants to protest everything, but we can't also let our guard down at the same time. There's other issues with this club that MLSE still needs to address. Hiring a president is just a first step of rebuilding TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Again I agree, but lets here the new president, and then figure it out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    ^ Does this mean De Ro is comming back????
    That would make a lot of people angry and a lot very happy! Considering my TFC shirt is 14 you know how I'd feel!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good choice but DC didn't get fit overnight....I expect it'll be the whole year to get a personal touch on the team and for everyone to be given enough rope....we'll have to be dare I say yes............patient.....unfortunately look how long it took the new Jays to go big league.......I feel it will come though....Argos Jays,..who's next TFC or Raps.....
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I know but I had to put it our there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    good choice but DC didn't get fit overnight....I expect it'll be the whole year to get a personal touch on the team and for everyone to be given enough rope....we'll have to be dare I say yes............patient.....unfortunately look how long it took the new Jays to go big league.......I feel it will come though....Argos Jays,..who's next TFC or Raps.....
    Agreed Derek.

It will take time to fix this mess. Even if Payne comes in and does everything right it could be another season before we qualify for the playoffs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcleeds View Post
    Agreed...this is the part that disappoints me most. Some of the vitriol I've seen on that board is the kind of stuff I expect from Limpact or KKKrew fans, not fellow supporters. I've always respected U-Sector and their history, and I'm not going to shit on them, especially as I watch many away games with some of their group at the Duke, but I found one of the comments on that thread telling. It was to the effect of "You do realize we supported the Lynx in empty stadiums, supported a team with shit management, long before TFC ever existed?". As much as that might say about their culture as a supporters group, it's ironic because the way things are going with this club, they may be reliving those Lynx days sooner than they think.
    I respect a lot of the opinions there, but it's about the fan culture, not team success. And every time I visit that board, every thread seems to contain at least one backhanded slap at this group. It reeks of an ongoing inferiority complex over the fact that RPB got all the press when the club was founded, even though USector had been around long before. It was baffling, to be honest, because until the last two or three weeks and the protest stories, they're never raised over here. People are usually busy talking about the club or the front office.