Page 120 of 174 FirstFirst ... 2070110116117118119120121122123124130170 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,600 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    We thinking amortized with what is probably a half mil salary? He currently makes just shy of $300k in Cyprus right now.
    Could be, but I personally don’t think he’s a TFC target. I think BB is looking for a senior keeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not according to Manning's favourite resource reference; Current Value @ 500K, Highest Market Value @ 1M/Y18? Though his contact is until 31MAY24.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Not according to Manning's favourite resource reference; Current Value @ 500K, Highest Market Value @ 1M/Y18? Though his contact is until 31MAY24.
    If Ligue1 is offering $2.4m, we're going to have to offer more. That's the way MLS be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bob will I expect just go and get someone he has had on his teams previously for any and all unfilled positions.
    Unfortunately, his left back at Le Havre was Mendy, so that's probably off the table

Guys like these:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Sisniega
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Milosavljevic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Segura
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_El_Monir
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC 420 View Post
    Lawrence plays for the Jamaican national team and they've never been teammates. This is completely useless speculation.
    haha oh man, not sure where my head was. Totally mixed him up with Andre Blake for some reason..my bad & waste of time sorry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fede… dealing with groin type issue/s at camp… fuck, fuck, fuck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Bob will I expect just go and get someone he has had on his teams previously for any and all unfilled positions.
    Unfortunately, his left back at Le Havre was Mendy, so that's probably off the table

Guys like these:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pablo_Sisniega
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Milosavljevic
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Segura
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohamed_El_Monir
    Guys like this probably, yes. But we're not going to see any of these guys, I suspect.

Could be wrong but I believe Segura signed a new deal with LAFC a couple of days ago.

Sisniega is at Charlotte, which has two backups, so he's a possible. But he's never broke through as a starter really. He platooned one season with the kid we signed already, Romero, at LAFC Neither was starting calibre, according to LAFC fans (although Romero at least has lots of development room).

Milosavljevic is a career backup who couldn't break through to start (seven total, I think) when Bob was at Le Havre and is now playing lower league football, so I'd imagine he's out.

El-Munir is a possible as he's back playing in Libya but unlikely. He didn't break through under Bob at LA. He was very good at Orlando, but lost the starting job once traded to LA and only had 580 odd minutes over two seasons.

I'd say the latter due to potential that wasn't reached at LAFC, but he's 30 now and back playing in Libya. It's not screaming 'starting calibre' left back. I think he'd rather start a kid with prospects. Might be good for Diomande to have another devout Muslim on the team, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    If Ligue1 is offering $2.4m, we're going to have to offer more. That's the way MLS be.
    What's claimed publicly is usually just agent bullshit. Again, it's worth noting that so is Trasnfermarkt, which just estimates values. They're not based on anything solid.

So this might be true or it might be high. Given the league he's in (Cyprus) and the wage he's on, I would have to say $2.4M would be exorbitant. From that league it would be normally somewhere in the free-to-$1M range.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...5HUuAde9Q&s=19

The word finalize makes it sound quite close.

Need to get it over the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Fede… dealing with groin type issue/s at camp… fuck, fuck, fuck!
    I had a strained groin a few years back and it healed fully in about 4 weeks. He should be fine for opening day.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I had a strained groin a few years back and it healed fully in about 4 weeks. He should be fine for opening day.
    the way they talked about it, sounds like it's a minor thing they are trying to get rid of entirely so it won't recur throughout the year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/s...5HUuAde9Q&s=19

The word finalize makes it sound quite close.

Need to get it over the line.

That sounds like a line taken from a press event today but I can't see any other journo discuss it...(Molinaro has a new story out in the last hour but I'm away from the computer I can see that on)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That sounds like a line taken from a press event today but I can't see any other journo discuss it...(Molinaro has a new story out in the last hour but I'm away from the computer I can see that on)
    https://www.torontofc.ca/video/lates...anuary-17-2023

13:55

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scares me after all this silence they still focused on SJ.

For everyone mental health hope it gets done, if not they need to at least consider other options - they can't be so rigid
    Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

For everyone mental health hope it gets done, if not they need to at least consider other options - they can't be so rigid
    Lol
    Finalize sounds like fine details. At the very least, it probably rules out him going back to NYCFC.

A story online today said NYFC will have THREE starters left if they don't sign anyone this week.

Either Man City is planning a whoooole lot of loans (how many are even possible?) or that team is in trouble. Six weeks to kickoff and they don't have anything close to a starting lineup.

Sort of similar in Montreal. A team is fieldable, but not much more.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post

Lol
    You're right they should be leaking interest in other goalkeepers while in negotiations with out first choice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right they should be leaking interest in other goalkeepers while in negotiations with out first choice.
    There are multiple circumstances where that would be a good idea.

I don't think this is one of them.

Teams leak interest in potential competing purchases during negotiations, when they think it'll help close a deal and are trying to sell that they're financially limited to picking a singular option.

Goalies are sometimes good examples of this.

But in this case, we can only offer 15% over on year one and 20% on year two, so it wouldn't do any good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Either Man City is planning a whoooole lot of loans (how many are even possible?) or that team is in trouble. Six weeks to kickoff and they don't have anything close to a starting lineup.

Sort of similar in Montreal. A team is fieldable, but not much more.

I really don't think NYCFC cares about what happens to the team. They never really showed a lot of ambition. Their MLS Cup and recent good seasons seem like heppenstance rather than a plan.

Montreal is Joey and Joey is crazy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are multiple circumstances where that would be a good idea.

I don't think this is one of them.

Teams leak interest in potential competing purchases during negotiations, when they think it'll help close a deal and are trying to sell that they're financially limited to picking a singular option.

Goalies are sometimes good examples of this.

But in this case, we can only offer 15% over on year one and 20% on year two, so it wouldn't do any good.
    Yep, johnson has multiple offers it seems, he's in the driving seat.

I do think we will get him tho. If he was going to stay at NYCFC they would have wrapped it up already.

I'd believe the same if oso wasn't signed by anyone as of now too, likely gone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NYC is going to be 2021 TFC bad this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome your inbox is full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, johnson has multiple offers it seems, he's in the driving seat.

I do think we will get him tho. If he was going to stay at NYCFC they would have wrapped it up already.

I'd believe the same if oso wasn't signed by anyone as of now too, likely gone.
    Yeah, I think it's always more complicated by being in Canada. There are always details to work out about cost of move, taxes, health care etc. He has a young family, so that shit is paramount.

Certainly, BB doesn't strike me as the 'bold statement' type. He watches his words carefully. 'Finalize' to me means "we think it's getting done." So unless something blindsides them, like a big offer from Anderlecht (won't come, his age limits what they'll offer), we've probably got a keeper.

I note that mlssoccer.com's "who still needs players" story today points out that it's folly to have Michael playing ironman in midfield at 35. (he was second in the league in minutes played last year... 10 minutes behind sean johnson). Maybe we'll see some movement there as well, although probably later given that we're basically covered (if not ready or sufficient) now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jloome your inbox is full.
    Oh, sorry dude. I'll clear some out. Dont' think I've ever done that in 15 years since the old board went down!

EDIT: Done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I think it's always more complicated by being in Canada. There are always details to work out about cost of move, taxes, health care etc. He has a young family, so that shit is paramount.

Certainly, BB doesn't strike me as the 'bold statement' type. He watches his words carefully. 'Finalize' to me means "we think it's getting done." So unless something blindsides them, like a big offer from Anderlecht (won't come, his age limits what they'll offer), we've probably got a keeper.

I note that mlssoccer.com's "who still needs players" story today points out that it's folly to have Michael playing ironman in midfield at 35. (he was second in the league in minutes played last year... 10 minutes behind sean johnson). Maybe we'll see some movement there as well, although probably later given that we're basically covered (if not ready or sufficient) now.
    Yeah.

Michael Singh who sometimes has his ear to the ground tweeted that it's going to be busier than most expect.

Even as a MB fan I think backup in CM is as crucial as any other addition this off-season. MB can't start multi game weeks, we need someone to.start 10-15 games in there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Window impacts players in not players out. Though, naturally, a team will be less inclined to sell somebody when they can't replace them so this does matter but teams can sell after the window shuts
    That was the reason for the transfersoap with Pozuelo. He would have been easily available in January, but TFC couldn't shit or get off the pot. Pozuelo was talking to a Middle Eastern team at the time. Instead TFC waited until Genk's window closed and they could no longer replace Pozuelo, making that much more of a saga and much later than it needed to be.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    NYC is going to be 2021 TFC bad this season.
    Montreal might be Chivas USA bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That was the reason for the transfersoap with Pozuelo. He would have been easily available in January, but TFC couldn't shit or get off the pot. Pozuelo was talking to a Middle Eastern team at the time. Instead TFC waited until Genk's window closed and they could no longer replace Pozuelo, making that much more of a saga and much later than it needed to be.

That also cost an additional $2 million as well .

Bad handling, planning and tactics. Was frustrating for sure- hopefully they learned and can do better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't that TFC couldn't shit or get off the pot. It was that we were being dragged by Seba through extended negotiations he had no intention of completing because he was using us as a stalking horse for his Saudi dance partners. By the time he left Poz was re-signed by Genk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    It wasn't that TFC couldn't shit or get off the pot. It was that we were being dragged by Seba through extended negotiations he had no intention of completing because he was using us as a stalking horse for his Saudi dance partners. By the time he left Poz was re-signed by Genk.
    TFC didn't shit or get off the pot for over a year with Giovinco. They tried to have him play out his contract, or at least to negotiate the next one as late as possible. Although unusual in international footy, I would have been fine with that, if they had a backup plan ready to go.

I don't know exactly when Poz was re-signed in Genk. It didn't matter. He had a clause in his contract that he could leave. Which he considered doing in January 2019 to the Middle East, but then decided against it. TFC could have signed him in Jan. 2019 w/o a problem.

PS What I don't call a backup plan: blowing an unnecessary extra $2 million on Pozuelo after not having him available for pre-season or CONCACAF, and leaving him no break to recuperate after Genk; then overpaying to re-sign Jozy.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 01-17-2023 at 04:46 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    TFC could have signed him in Jan. 2019 w/o a problem.
    Part of the problem was Ali Curtis becoming GM that very January.

The other part was Giovinco announcing on January 30th 2019 that he was leaving because we wouldn't match the Saudi offer. That did us in. A week prior he left that cryptic Insta with Jozy saying he'd be back so it does make sense for them to hold off on getting a replacement until the Giovinco situation was sorted. If they signed Poz before dealing with Giovinco can you imagine how crazy he would have went and how people on the boards, Facebook, etc would have reacted to that (betrayal, etc)?. I'm not one to defend Curtis but he & the TFC brass probably assumed Giovinco was happy here and would pick here at $7M rather than big money in the Middle East and there really wasn't much else to be done at that time.