Page 139 of 191 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it impacts this years roster, then it should be here. If we are talking about great goals, legends, fitness move it over there. Anything that involves cap space, buyout, trade should be here. IMHO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

I've watched a lot of Spurs games and always thought Moura would be a superstar in MLS. Hopefully it was us asking about him.
    He’d certainly be amazing here. But it’s the people a notch below him who would also do very well here that we should be recruiting. Just a notch - the ones who don’t get into games much and maybe have a weakness, but the technical skill they have would hide that here. Like Seba was. For example, Sebastian Haller who didn’t quite work at West Ham. Not him specifically but that kind of player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    I don't actually know anything, and I'm gonna insist on sticking with that.
    You might not want to leave this very general statement up here. Just sayin’

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    You might not want to leave this very general statement up here. Just sayin’

Or sarcasm.

Or a bit of joyous self-deprecation. All does a world of good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Yeah I get it and agree he would need to be fit and show it. No doubt. Jozy and his lack of fitness is just a sore spot topic over the past few years I guess with many including me. But hey we are totally free to disagree with that.
    PS I respect your posts - and usually agree, always learn - but you can see now why I said that I am not allowed to ask why Jozy isn’t training if there is speculation he will be traded…..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or sarcasm.

Or a bit of joyous self-deprecation. All does a world of good!
    Some of us have long memories…

Although it certainly does seem like no one knows anything about our roster this year - except Will Forbes and The Goodson
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-21-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder why TFC is just dropping all of these moves on a Friday. I'm surprised they didn't just announce one signing every day like they did in 2020 when they signed Romeo/JMR/Nelson and announced one per day. Basically everyone is going to forget about Kerr and Ranjitsingh signing because the Delgado news will take the top of mind status

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wonder why TFC is just dropping all of these moves on a Friday. I'm surprised they didn't just announce one signing every day like they did in 2020 when they signed Romeo/JMR/Nelson and announced one per day. Basically everyone is going to forget about Kerr and Ranjitsingh signing because the Delgado news will take the top of mind status
    These are kind of low key signings though. Also maybe we're becoming more like Bob and just getting down to business rather than worrying about PR opportunities at every turn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do think Jozy became, in reality, a non roster player the day they traded Dwyer. (Until then I thought there was a chance, however small, that he might stay.)

A mod did ask folks to move it to the other thread a few days ago because the Jozy debates, now seemingly resolved from a TFC POV, were repetitive and drowning out other things to talk about...

I am copying what I posted originally and moving it there...
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Some of us have long memories…

Although it certainly does seem like no one knows anything about our roster this year - except Will Forbes and The Goodson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Management is not happy that things have been getting out prematurely… that being said it’s been like Fort Knox the only thing imminent is the Saceldo deal… besides that it’s crickets. I’m told things are in the works but no names are be given, just the comments as we will be impressed if everything pans out

I know it’s not much, but that’s what I got

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Management is not happy that things have been getting out prematurely… that being said it’s been like Fort Knox the only thing imminent is the Saceldo deal… besides that it’s crickets. I’m told things are in the works but no names are be given, just the comments as we will be impressed if everything pans out

I saw what you did there
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So he is the one player we are not allowed to discuss in the roster thread? Am I reading that right?
    Yes, you are pretty well reading it right. If you had been following the thread, you would know why. You can choose the hill you wish to die on - no one can stop you, but why worry about Jozy when he is yesterday's news. Perhaps if it is put it in plain Canadian it will be clearer? Take off eh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post

TheGoodson is the best reporter we got, god bless

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't actually know anything, and I'm gonna insist on sticking with that.

Wise words on this forum...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotti watch is back on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

and just when we think the soap is over, we're dragged back in - I think this gets resolved in Summer...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    and just when we think the soap is over, we're dragged back in - I think this gets resolved in Summer...
    I believe someone mentioned this earlier but the team bringing in Insigne by himself to play with this “semi-pro TFC team would be a farce. I am quite sure we get Belotti also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting thing about that post are some of the replies... maybe an interesting indication...
    The perception appears to be that times are tough in Italy... take the money and play...

Alessandro... 'What does he have to decide? If they are really offering 10M Net + 5M Bonus (for this) he will walk (to Toronto-TFC).'
    kilometro... 'He would even go for less then half of that.'
    Luca Kalulista... 'He should swim there... what is he waiting for?'
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-22-2022 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Interesting thing about that post are some of the replies... maybe an interesting indication...
    The perception appears to be that times are tough in Italy... take the money and play...

Alessandro... 'What does he have to decided? If they are really offering 10M Net + 5M Bonus (for this) he will walk (to Toronto-TFC).'
    Haha I agree!

I got the Insigne thing wrong because I thought the dollars were insane. But if MLSE are willing to pay 2x, life changing money, one more time ... why would anyone say no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post

Alessandro... 'What does he have to decided? If they are really offering 10M Net + 5M Bonus (for this) he will walk (to Toronto-TFC).'
    the one that's like "55 million is enough for 3 generations" is really telling too - many Italian clubs can't support the way wages are going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rudy Camacho posted an Instagram story from Toronto. Really don’t like the idea of him on TFC.

Mavinga also posted an Instagram story of him flying to LA this morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Rudy Camacho posted an Instagram story from Toronto. Really don’t like the idea of him on TFC.

Mavinga also posted an Instagram story of him flying to LA this morning.
    I don't mind the idea of Camacho. I just don't see where he fits with O'Neill, Salcedo, Mavinga and that guy from Pacific allegedly coming in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thanks on that one. Dude is wildly inconsistent. He does play the odd good game but he’s always a risk to make a rash challenge and hurt the team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind the idea of Camacho. I just don't see where he fits with O'Neill, Salcedo, Mavinga and that guy from Pacific allegedly coming in.
    O'Neill is a converted right back so they may see him as sharing time wide. Camacho is naturally right-footed and our two best would both be naturally left-footed. Perhaps that's why. Depth, too, if he's cheap.... but that bit is hard to see, as he's an international.

He's quite aggressive both in the air and in the tackle, three goals and three red cards last season. But he was one of Montreal's more consistent players. I suspect he was on too much money for what he provided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Haha I agree!

I got the Insigne thing wrong because I thought the dollars were insane. But if MLSE are willing to pay 2x, life changing money, one more time ... why would anyone say no?
    True. On the other hand, there's so much contrary reporting I have no idea whose right. The Italian papers yesterday were saying he has already turned down Toronto and said he wants to play for Milan and is awaiting an offer, as they've expressed interest multiple times.

He has a suite of suitors in the Premiership as well. Tottenham, Newcastle, Wolves, Leeds have all allegedly inquired.

So... yeah, this could happen anyway if they're going to throw enough money at him. Seems insane to me, as I'm sure Raul Ruidiaz would score a ton of goals in Serie 'A', as would several other top MLS players, and none of them cost anything like $10M plus bonuses per season.

Plus, he's coming off injuries, he's having a down year etc.

'Sensible' probably isn't part of this equation, however. If he stays healthy he gives them what they want, a big striker who can score with feet and head and is good for 15-20 a year in MLS. If Adam Buksa's movement is good enough to destroy MLS-level defending, I can't imagine how easily Bellotti would find space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we going 3-5-2 here? The fact we’ve dumped Lawrence and our pickups seem to be something between fullbacks and CB’a makes me wonder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Are we going 3-5-2 here? The fact we’ve dumped Lawrence and our pickups seem to be something between fullbacks and CB’a makes me wonder.
    Maybe... I don't know...
    At Napoli this season, I think they have been predominately playing a 4-2-3-1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    True. On the other hand, there's so much contrary reporting I have no idea whose right. The Italian papers yesterday were saying he has already turned down Toronto and said he wants to play for Milan and is awaiting an offer, as they've expressed interest multiple times.

He has a suite of suitors in the Premiership as well. Tottenham, Newcastle, Wolves, Leeds have all allegedly inquired.

So... yeah, this could happen anyway if they're going to throw enough money at him. Seems insane to me, as I'm sure Raul Ruidiaz would score a ton of goals in Serie 'A', as would several other top MLS players, and none of them cost anything like $10M plus bonuses per season.

'Sensible' probably isn't part of this equation, however. If he stays healthy he gives them what they want, a big striker who can score with feet and head and is good for 15-20 a year in MLS. If Adam Buksa's movement is good enough to destroy MLS-level defending, I can't imagine how easily Bellotti would find space.
    To be honest, while it would truly be wonderful and fun to see Belotti; for The Want Of A Nail...
    I would be more than pleased to see both Destro & Mertens arrive with Criscito; if the Cap/Budget... International Spots?... somehow allowed.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-22-2022 at 01:29 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

“Raul Ruidiaz would score a ton of goals in Serie A “ LMFAO