Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to mention something that I think we should all remember as the season goes on:

He's about to have his first kid. As those of you with kids know, the first 8 - 12 months, you basically never fully sleep through the night. Especially in the first 4 - 6 months, you're up maybe 2 - 3 times per night tending to the baby, feeding it, maybe changing diapers etc. It's incredibly gruelling and taxing on your body and your mind (I have almost no memories from the first 8 months of my son's existence because my sleep was so messed up – my memories basically didn't form properly to stick around).

So, if he's going to be a hands-on father, we have to realize that all this lack-of-proper-sleep is highly likely to affect his play. Remember how Seba slumped a little bit for a while and people were questioning him, etc.? Well, it happened just after he had his second kid. I have no doubt that he wasn't sleeping properly and it was affecting his game. We have to know this could happen with vdW.

Now, of course it's possible that they'll have a nanny or a helper or something who will help Rose with the baby at night so he can sleep, but he seems like the type of guy who would want to get fully involved. If so, we're going to have to cut him some slack about it (unless he totally bombs out to the point where he's a liability, but I don't think it would get that bad).
    Last edited by James17930; 02-13-2018 at 10:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I just want to mention something that I think we should all remember as the season goes on:

He's about to have his first kid. As those of you with kids know, the first 8 - 12 months, you basically never fully sleep through the night. Especially in the first 4 - 6 months, you're up maybe 2 - 3 times per night tending to the baby, feeding it, maybe changing diapers etc. It's incredibly gruelling and taxing on your body and your mind (I basically have no memories from the first 8 months of my son's existence because my sleep was so messed up – my memories basically didn't form properly to stick around).

So, if he's going to be a hands-on father, we have to realize that all this lack-of-proper-sleep is highly likely to affect his play. Remember how Seba slumped a little bit for a while and people were questioning him, etc.? Well, it happened just after he had his second kid. I have no doubt that he wasn't sleeping properly and it was affecting his game. We have to know this could happen with vdW.

Now, of course it's possible that they'll have a nanny or a helper or something who will help Rose with the baby at night so he can sleep, but he seems like the type of guy who would want to get fully involved. If so, we're going to have to cut him some slack about it (unless he totally bombs out to the point where he's a liability, but I don't think it would get that bad).
    I love this! It is the most unexpected football analysis I have yet read on the boards! Much better than the usual technical mumbo-jumbo that completely goes over my head!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    I love this! It is the most unexpected football analysis I have yet read on the boards! Much better than the usual technical mumbo-jumbo that completely goes over my head!
    Blame our internet-soaked lives, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not ...?

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Blame our internet-soaked lives, but I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not ...?
    No sarcasm--- a genuine post I like and understood!