Page 168 of 191 FirstFirst ... 68118158164165166167168169170171172178 ... LastLast
Results 5,011 to 5,040 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Judas-vinco.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Giovinco to Sampdoria, reported by DiMarzio and relayed by F Romano
    I guess we will see Seba in July then.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, it was either actually about the money afterall or Bradley didn't like what he saw in camp.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was there ever any rumors of a rift between MB and Gio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't Manning also supposed to be in Italy sometime this week?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    So, it was either actually about the money afterall or Bradley didn't like what he saw in camp.
    I think if Seba had ever known about an opportunity at a Sampdoria at any earlier point,he just would have grabbed it, and that is what suddenly, unexpectedly happened.

My guess is, everybody understands, and they agreed to discuss the future later (ie after Serie A concludes)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s absolutely about the money , is there anyone out there that doesn’t believe that even at 35 years old Seba would still be one of the two or three top talents on this team ? So he’s good enough for Sampdoria but not good enough for Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is making the "Invited to train" tag on the Pre-season roster list as opposed to being listed as "Trialist" starting to make a small bit of sense. Maybe this was in the works and the team couldn't find a way to get him in without the Allocation Order.
    Last edited by rydermike; 02-06-2022 at 08:01 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disappointing turn of events. Hopefully we can try again in a few months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how Toronto is big time now. Fabrizio called Seba "Former Toronto player" rather than "Former Juventus player"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I like how Toronto is big time now. Fabrizio called Seba "Former Toronto player" rather than "Former Juventus player"
    TFC must be paying him off somehow… he was first on Jozy, big on the Insigne news, early on Richie and now early on Seba. We want to be a big club!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    TFC must be paying him off somehow… he was first on Jozy, big on the Insigne news, early on Richie and now early on Seba. We want to be a big club!
    Yep. They even had him announce Insigne for them (without paying him via Cameo like the CPL). It really helps the brand having a guy with 6 million followers on Twitter break all of our news. He gets more scoops and TFC becomes a bigger name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. They even had him announce Insigne for them (without paying him via Cameo like the CPL). It really helps the brand having a guy with 6 million followers on Twitter break all of our news. He gets more scoops and TFC becomes a bigger name.
    I feel like they did get him to announce Insigne via Cameo. They just stuck the video in a frame to hide the cameo logo at the bottom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I feel like they did get him to announce Insigne via Cameo. They just stuck the video in a frame to hide the cameo logo at the bottom
    Eric G. released the actual video (without frame) to prove it was Cameo watermark free. I thought it was a Cameo production too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Buffery's article tonight:

"There have also been reports that Giovinco’s time with the Reds in Irvine has been less than overwhelming in terms of what he brought to training."

https://torontosun.com/sports/sebast...ith-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric G. released the actual video (without frame) to prove it was Cameo watermark free. I thought it was a Cameo production too.
    I didn't know that. Thats awesome. Thanks.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For $1,280 for business use, I would actually think that's a steal for CPL lol

Gio was in a position of surplus for us on wingers/strikers after Jimenez and Insigne were coming in. Not too sad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Gio can sign because he was a free agent and out of contract… Dimarzio is saying 6 months (so maybe the summer). I still wonder about the relationship. Regardless we need wingers. With that said, i thought Achara was originally a winger that we forced into a striker. He is actually right footed as well (i think), although he played on the left.

There was something about him i liked and not as a striker, he had a good work rate and he played well off others… his finishing is a big unknown but he might be our right winger for now.
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-06-2022 at 08:13 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Buffery's article tonight:

"There have also been reports that Giovinco’s time with the Reds in Irvine has been less than overwhelming in terms of what he brought to training."

https://torontosun.com/sports/sebast...ith-toronto-fc
    ooof. I take it back.

Gio is not coming back in the summer. Somebody thinks they were doing him a favour and is not too happy with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was hopeful for a DeRo—Deal but he really showed his hand in that Star article. Goodluck to him and Samp, hope they stay up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t blame him for taking the contract in Italy if that’s in his best interest. No harm here.

The Sun article is unfortunate. Could we not have just kept silent or found a more political way to gloss it over? The club has certainly done that for less deserving people (Ali Curtis *cough *)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro is supposedly arriving in Brazil for his medical tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning and Giovinco are both supposedly heading to Italy tomorrow. Gonna assume they won't be traveling together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don’t blame him for taking the contract in Italy if that’s in his best interest. No harm here.

The Sun article is unfortunate. Could we not have just kept silent or found a more political way to gloss it over? The club has certainly done that for less deserving people (Ali Curtis *cough *)
    Curtis was embarrassing to Manning. Gio just took advantage of Manning. That’s the difference.

I agree with you btw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take is different. Today I am learning to be a little more optimistic; glass half full.
    La Samp is in a very serious bind. Fighting relegation; just under 2 games ahead.
    Reports are their striker Manolo Gabbiadini just got seriously injured- knee and is likely out for the rest of the season.
    The SerieA window is closed. Very little options.
    This developed from an incident of less then 12 hours ago!
    Manning is traveling or about to travel to Italy.
    Buffery's unattributed Giovinco comment seems petty. I doubt it came from BBradley.
    This may just be a panic circle back for La Samp to Giovinco from a earlier feeler.
    Maybe TFC is doing them a solid. Returns in the summer match fit.
    Easy since Giovinco was under no contractual obligation with TFC.
    However...
    Maybe the timing is convenient for TFC; an ideal face-saving excuse to part ways.
    Maybe Giovinco's darkside re-emerged and he went mercenary again.
    However that Giovinco is not good enough for TFC but alright for La Samp doesn't make sense.
    Maybe other irons stoking in the TFC fire are about to be pulled.

Edit...
    If I was thinking gangster move, it is in TFC's interest to keep La Samp up and Genoa down...
    Criscito... maybe even on a free! Destro... no reason to be enticed to stay.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-07-2022 at 01:06 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hate to tell you all but

Seba here or not is not going to make or break our season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    To counter my own worry about the lack of fullbacks: that might be on purpose. Explanation/Line-up below (3-4-3).
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Makes a lot of sense. That Nottingham Forest game today they played a 3-4-3 very effectively, with the wide players dropping into fullback roles.
    Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Did Bob ever played 3 at the back at LAFC?

I used to follow USMNT pretty closely and I believe they were always a 4-4-2 team under BB. That became quite a talking point towards the end of his time in that gig (lack of tactical flexibility for the modern game etc). But that was all quite a long time ago now...
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, I believe Amir looked it up and he played a 4-3-3 and a 3-5-2/3-4-3 last season. Traditionally, pre LA, he played 433 most of the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    I believe his favoured formation is 4-3-3. His greatest success at LAFC was with both Rossi and Vela playing as inverted wingers flanking a CF. It seemed to work. Both Rossi and Vela won Golden Boots in successive years and made MLS Best XI in successive years. Plus he won Supports Shield and reached the final of CCL. He also lined up 4-3-3 in the Champions League final against Tigres with both Rossi and Vela in their usual off-wing positions.

The way it looks like our roster is taking shape, I could see a slight variation that looks a bit more 4-2-3-1.

--------------Jimenez----------------
    Insigne-----Pozuelo---------Shaff
    -------Osorio-----Bradley-------------
    Criscito---Mavinga---Salcedo---NewGuy

Frankly, this formation would really appeal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    In that 20 minute video posted the other day “back 3” slipped into the conversation several times. Wouldn’t be entirely surprised.
    If my information is correct, on paper BB preferred using the 4-3-3 and 3-1-4-2 a third of the time each with a series of other formations for the final third of times at LAFC last year.
    So he does seem to enjoy adapting/changing/cycling formations.
    Also, in the interview with Grant Wahl he mentions Mancini.
    So from what I have researched Mancini during the Euro Cup used a 4-3-3 on paper that morphed during the game... for instance in the attack to a 3-2-5.
    I do believe BB's been telegraphing in his interviews. So if he also mentioned a back 3, I would say it is a credible option he is considering implementing.
    Whether it's a 3-4-3 or a 3-1-4-2 is to be seen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hate to tell you all but

Seba here or not is not going to make or break our season
    I have to disagree with you on this.
    You might be right, but I believe TFC's margins are going to be tight in the first half of the season.
    I think in the interim Giovinco had a role.
    IMO was still good enough to make our season and contribute conservatively for at least two wins and a tie.
    Right now, my rough calculations... we likely need 35 to 45% of available game played points to be in playoff contention until key reinforcements arrive.
    17 games?... ttl of 51 pts... 18 to 23 pts needed, I think Giovinco was good enough to assist in at least 7 of those pts.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-07-2022 at 12:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    I have to disagree with you on this.
    You might be right, but I believe TFC's margins are going to be tight in the first half of the season.
    I think in the interim Giovinco had a role.
    IMO was still good enough to make our season and contribute conservatively for at least two wins and a tie.
    Right now, my rough calculations... we likely need 35 to 45% of available game played points to be in playoff contention until key reinforcements arrive.
    17 games?... ttl of 51 pts... 18 to 23 pts needed, I think Giovinco was good enough to assist in at least 7 of those pts.
    A mathematically sound argument. But there's more at play than math. Would he be disruptive if he wound up spending most of his time on the bench? Would the amount we'd be paying him hit our overall cap more than he's worth? Could we get someone for the money who is younger and might produce more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Curtis was embarrassing to Manning. Gio just took advantage of Manning. That’s the difference.

I agree with you btw
    See, sometimes I really don't understand people that well, because this makes me assume he'd prefer Gio. He'd have a grudging respect for a guy who was being told to prove himself again at 35 by an MLS club and used it to get a gig at Sampdoria. He'd have nothing but irritation towards an old friend he put faith in only to be made a fool.