Page 74 of 191 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Seems like every other tweet coming from him is a potshot at Michael Singh, although I really don't think either of them were the one to break this transfer. Getting kind of annoyed by him. He seems very certain Belotti is next.
    Yeah he sure is big on propping himself up as the guy breaking news, even when he isn't.

I countered a lot of his Singh comments on there already but beyond his childish ways, he has been right a lot this offseason and not just about our dealings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah he sure is big on propping himself up as the guy breaking news, even when he isn't.

I countered a lot of his Singh comments on there already but beyond his childish ways, he has been right a lot this offseason and not just about our dealings.
    I guess we'll see with Belotti. He seems to be the only one still repeating that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it ends up being Poz, Insigne and Belotti as the 3 DP's... Earth shattering. Every team in MLS would kill for any of those guys let alone all 3 at once. Hasn't happened in this league since oh let me check... Bradley Altidore and Giovinco I wish I could understand some of you that aren't too excited for these players coming in but I really can't; world class talent coming to Toronto under a good if not great coach when things are tuned to his style. Toronto FC is back in the big leagues baby

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Yes you can restructure any contract. They’d likely have to add a year to it for Jozy to agree.

If they buy him out he will get 3.6 max. If the restructured to say 4.5 over 3 years he’d likely do it as he’d get 1.1 million more that he’s unlikely get if he went to market for the second and third year. Unless he thinks he can find a team to pay him 550k per on a two year deal a restructuring would be in his benefit.

Edit. I should have mentioned the new 3yr salary would average 1.5 million. That’s the TFC benefit to restructure
    That is quite interesting. If they want him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just out of curiousity, who is this Will Forbes guy?
    This guy is a fraud and is using someone else's name. All explained in the below twitter thread

https://twitter.com/FireTransfers/st...NZXfIU-oQ&s=19

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the issue between Forbes/WTR is that Singh put out a tweet confirming the transfer, which was based off of nothing more than his buy-in to the rumours that Forbes was floating in order to be first. Of course this then circled the inter web as Singh's report and we know how journalism works so not surprised it pissed someone off. Singh never had a source other than the Forbes tweets.

There has been some unprofessional back and forth but I think WTR have solidified themselves as an online rag as opposed to a legitimate source for news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like every other tweet coming from him is a potshot at Michael Singh, although I really don't think either of them were the one to break this transfer. Getting kind of annoyed by him. He seems very certain Belotti is next.
    Well, I guess we’ll know who wins this one next as one is saying Belotti is out and the other thinks he’s likely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The brawl that broke out a few nights ago was over this issue, so be careful... to my eye, there were people that night on here hell-bent on propping up the credibility of interweb personalities as sources, and these guys were pretty ... inarticulate, in their forms of argument.

Strictly speaking for myself, I think there is literally nobody reliable in the interweb if they aren't known/vetted by a credible news organization. Woj is the axe on NBA stuff on twitter, but he is first and foremost a longstanding reporter (with yahoo sports first, now espn).

I mean this Waking the Red guy no disrespect, and I hope he catches on somewhere in time, we need reporters around here... but when a guy like that cites unnamed sources, I laugh out loud. He is just another poster. I am willing to be proven wrong on this, but that is my default position. I have looked at that site, it isn't journalism. My opinion. Maybe someday.

(Just to head this off, I get that Italy is a bit different but Romano is no exception - he works for Sky)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-04-2022 at 01:51 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which reminds me: I have to eat some humble pie here. I said this was impossible. We have had a pretty interesting discussion the last few pages about the business model, which was the basis of my argument.

Obviously that was wrong!

Lesson: things can make no sense, and still happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    If it ends up being Poz, Insigne and Belotti as the 3 DP's... Earth shattering. Every team in MLS would kill for any of those guys let alone all 3 at once. Hasn't happened in this league since oh let me check... Bradley Altidore and Giovinco I wish I could understand some of you that aren't too excited for these players coming in but I really can't; world class talent coming to Toronto under a good if not great coach when things are tuned to his style. Toronto FC is back in the big leagues baby

I agree but if we dont fix our backline even with this quality of these players we wont even get to the MLS Cup just my thought. And even before we signed Lawrence I was advocating for them to bring him in but from what i saw that also needs to be fixed.

We need at least two more CBS and one starting CB along with a LB and a CDM I'm still not sold on Delgado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    This guy is a fraud and is using someone else's name. All explained in the below twitter thread

https://twitter.com/FireTransfers/st...NZXfIU-oQ&s=19
    Well that's...uh...interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Lesson: things can make no sense, and still happen.
    thought you'd know this golden rule when Trump got elected 5 years ago....

I lived in Texas for 7+ years now... that's the only rationale making sense down here...

for the record though, i didn't think it would happen in COVID world since i couldn't figure out the business model either...

surely will enjoy it and more to come
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lorenzo Insigne though. I still feel like I gotta pinch myself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Lorenzo Insigne though. I still feel like I gotta pinch myself.
    Biggest signing in all of Toronto Sports history...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    thought you'd know this golden rule when Trump got elected 5 years ago....

I lived in Texas for 7+ years now... that's the only rationale making sense down here...

for the record though, i didn't think it would happen in COVID world since i couldn't figure out the business model either...

surely will enjoy it and more to come
    Cheers pekduck! Nice to hear from you

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A pretty interesting read, even in Google translate…. Insigne, Naples, and the ghost of Maradona…

https://medium.com/tres-de-a%C3%B1ad...0-8320f1224e36

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How insane and snakebitten would a FO have to be to extend Jozy even at less money? Not sure how many times he would need to be injured for somebody to think it's a pattern.

Time to move on. Nobody wants him here and he doesn't want to be here either. Time for him to move on to other things more suitable for him like Tweeting.
    I never said I’m in favour only answering the question I quoted - can there be a restructure

For TFC/Jozy, yes it’s time to date other people. They don’t have to hate each other, they just can’t be together

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    Biggest signing in all of Toronto Sports history...
    Maybe signing but acquisition it is still by far Kawhi Leonard, we legitimately had the best basketball player on the plant for that year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soteldo will probably happen soon. It's more straight forward and he agreed to terms with both Palmieras & Sau Paulo. I think the complicated part is figuring how much of his contract/original transfer fee we have to eat or if that player swap is still a go.

Jozy is complicated. He knows we need that DP spot badly and there's no way he is getting a multi million dollar contract again so he's holding Manning over the flames. I get it but there are limits to what he should pull for. The last offer of $4.5 seemed fair since the 2023 was an option but I guess not. He probably wants the full $7.2M.
    Where do you get the Jozy offer figures from?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Maybe signing but acquisition it is still by far Kawhi Leonard, we legitimately had the best basketball player on the plant for that year.
    Could probably make an argument for George Springer last winter too, but in terms of getting the whole world looking at us this is next level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at Domenico Criscito's stats. He's scored 5 league goals this season in 15 games. That's more than any other TFC player had in MLS league games last season.

Over the past 2.5 seasons he has 14 goals. Jozy and Pozuelo are the only TFC players with more league goals in the past three seasons.

EDIT: All but one of the goals was a penalty kick... but still. That's a lot of goals and would give us three excellent penalty takers in Poz, Insigne and Criscito

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Luke Wileman will be in big trouble.
    Vic Rauter …. In - sing - YAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Looks like it will be a big splash. I've kept quiet, not too excited actually. I was hoping TFC could get a bit "smarter" with Bob Bradley's involvement. There are a ton of great footy players available around the world. We gotta realize Insigne is a huge risk, in terms of age, cost and length of contract. I hope it doesn't turn out like some of the other aging DPs.

But it really is a sanguinante big deal. I've also been considering why MLSE thinks this is worth it. It's not just about adding a couple thousand season ticket holders, and/or about more viewership and better TV deals -- although that's also an issue. I think it's an attempt to re-create scarcity and buzz about the team. Let's face it, the last stadium expansion to 30k, with most of those seats added on the east side, didn't really work out. Together with some variable results by TFC, there were already a ton of empty seats before the pandemic started. Some of those were unsold seats; some were sold seats where people didn't bother showing up, and couldn't (or didn't bother) reselling them. It became very easy to pick up seats for individual games, often even at SSH prices or less.

The World Cup will be here in a few years. The stadium will be expanded again. Some will be temporary seats, but many permanent. They already presented plans for a west-side expansion a few years ago, with more seats, more & upgraded boxes, and many other things rebuilt or improved. Unless things really change around TFC, that would mean an even weaker supply/demand situation. Many more people would start to wonder why season tickets are worth it - especially in the more expensive seats. The south end and light grey tickets don't pay for any type of DP.

It's not just about adding a few thousand SSH; it's about regularly going from less than 20k to over 40k bums in seats. It's about buzz, and building on the current CMNT excitement.

Also after the last 3 years, it has again become clear how much Ontario is just three developers in a trench coat. MLSE probably realizes it's important to keep the Vaughan crowd interested, for financial and other reasons. Insigne and Co. plus lots of $ all help build that excitement.
    Bringing back north side stands wild really help brewing atmosphere to the stadium. It’s like it all leaks away there.

Also, sanguinante ??? B

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Could probably make an argument for George Springer last winter too, but in terms of getting the whole world looking at us this is next level.
    In baseball nothing comes close to when the Jays signed Roger Clemens. He was the best pitcher in baseball while he was here.

The answer is probably Vince Carter. You can make the case he was the single best NBA player around 2000-2002.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Where do you get the Jozy offer figures from?
    I saw the $4.5m offer rejected the other day. Probably on Twitter.

The $7.2M is just me guessing that if he didn't want that offer, which is more than the guaranteed season remaining, that he probably wants the whole amount of option year money too. That part is just my guess though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That is quite interesting. If they want him.
    Jozy could be amazing on this team under Bob Bradley and with Poz and Insigne

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I'm trying not to get to excited not just about this signing but what it means as they don't just throw a dump load of cash on one player and just see what happens. If this does signal MLSE trying to get TFC to the next level then there'll likely be lots more spending to come with a goal of ending 2026 with a 40,000 capacity, world cup game hosting worthy stadium (along with many new corporate boxes, I'd assume) and demand for tickets being a sell out or close to it weekly with some incredible talent on the field. If that's the vision the next 4 years are going to be fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy could be amazing on this team under Bob Bradley and with Poz and Insigne
    He wouldn't be though because he would be injured like he has been every year since he's been here, especially recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auzzy, what were the plans presented for west side expansion at BMO. I don't think I ever saw that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vic Rauter …. In - sing - YAY!
    hahaha I can hear this so clearly. Brilliant.