Page 64 of 191 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we all assume Criscito will be a DP? At 35, maybe he's a high TAM player?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Criscito is definitely gonna be a huge upgrade for us. In the meantime we must continue to plug away with some combination of O'Neill, Mavinga and Lawrence at CB.
    Works for me. Personally. I liked Lawrence at CB more than LB but maybe with Bob Bradley’s tactical outlook that changes.

I would say it’s a Mavinga-Criscito pairing to start and if Mavinga is had prone you switch him for Lawrence. Suspect Edwards gets brought in as LB cover (or maybe they convert Shaffelburg?) so we should be good on that side too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    This obviously is meaningful.

I also appreciate the reporters careful phrasing, which comes through even in translation. I am guessing the Italian version of “sensational and unpredictable repentance” sounds fantastic.
    and not to rehash the previous discussion about reporting of salary… but he is quoting at NET figures and not gross

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever happened with the trade between the Brazilian club and Soteldo? Wasn't there a box to box U22 left footer coming our way?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Lorenzo Insigne and Mimmo Criscito at Toronto , both in June: the road is clear, the next few days will be important to go to the definition. Until the signing, it is right to have a minimum of prudence, as always, but this double operation can only be skipped in the event of sudden - and today not predictable - repentances of those directly involved. The Insigne operation received a decisive boost thanks to the work of the intermediary Andrea D'Amico , who has long been accustomed to closing decisive operations on the intercontinental route. While his agent Pisacane attacked De Laurentiis and memorized the alleged interests of Inter and Milan, there were those who brought the operation to an advanced stage. And Napoli has considered it appropriate - at least up to now - not to relaunch. Between Tuesday and Wednesday there will be the Toronto managers in Rome: the intention is to close now for June. The duration of the contract: four years plus one option. Let's definitively clarify the discussion on the figures: there are 10 million NET plus bonuses to get to 15. There have been a thousand interpretations, including that of Giovinco , which do not adhere to reality. As for Mimmo Criscito, we confirm our anticipation of a few days ago : he too is destined for Toronto, but from June. Now it is too important to stay at Genoaand help him to achieve salvation, but the two-year basis is valid and work will be done to refine the figures. Insigne and Criscito have made a definitive choice: we repeat, only a sensational and today unpredictable repentance could change the scenarios.

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/il-re...la-tempistica/
    Insigne! Insigne! Insigne! Insigne!

Insigne! Insigne! Insigne! Insigne!

Criscito!

This is nuts! I want to believe... really I do, but the math is crazy!
    I know jloome and leedsandTFC have been spanked. I really do not want to trigger anyone or get sent to the corner.
    However, the amount mentioned must be considered; has to be commented upon with civility and discussed rationally.
    The article seems to reference the ongoing confusion over NET and GROSS amounts and makes a reiteration.
    If these yearly figures mentioned are anywhere near NET correct, MLSE has just launched a Brinks hyper-sonic rocket through the league ceiling.
    Although they just signed a collective bargaining agreement with the MLS, I think this sows the seeds of MLSPA unrest.
    They just wiped out and started the re-calibration with an inflationary creep of every players salary structure by the next round.
    They just dropped a building of a MIC. The earthquake will reverberate across all franchises. The ground will shift underneath each ownership.
    Welcome to the Layer Cake, welcome to the ratified air of Juventus and Barca... MLS style.
    By my very rough calculations, with today's exchange rates...
    10 million to 15 million Euro NET is around 11 million to 17 million USD or 14 million to 21.5 million CAD.
    If you use a basic and convenient 40% income tax bracket against any earnings, the numbers balloon to...
    16.75 million to 25 million Euro GROSS or 18.5 million to 28.5 million USD and 23.5 million to 36 million CAD.
    I don't know what to say! This cannot be right! This makes no sense! This is unbelievable! This can't be!
    Maybe I've made a mistake? What am I missing? How is this even sustainable?
    All this for one player? And I like and want Insigne here!
    Is TFC being Punked? Is TFC in on some sort of stalking horse scenario? Is a bait and switch play at hand by the agent?
    It seems MLS has green lit the shift towards NBA and MLB territory; towards international football.
    Maybe for eventual pairity with LIGAMX for upcoming Leagues Cup or a potential merger?

On a related side note...
    ensco! ensco! ensco! I know I may be being a little cryptic for my own reasons but you are the catalyst for me joining the RPB Forum. IMO what you suggested about MLSE and MU around August in another thread was on the mark. It ranks by far at the top of my three picks for the most relevant thoughts offered by others for this off season on the RPB Forum. Although you apologized later, I am not so sure you are wrong. I think the situation should be explored and discussed further. The media reporting on it was conveluded. Certain things do not add up. I think the organization is keeping things on a low key for now. I believe he is the new Leiweke. I believe he is influencing the suits and there is a story unfolding at MLSE to speculate on and one most have overlooked.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 12-31-2021 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of aging like fine win and going Italian, lets the get the legend himself Buffon! The man will play until 50 and still be better than both our current keepers.

Lets make it happen!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Call this lazy analysis but part of me wonders if part of the play here is BB raising the overall tactical acumen of a MLS team.

We’ve all seen that while the level of individual skill in this league has gone up (a lot), tactically this place is still a bit lagging.

Maybe this is a real revelation if guys still have the legs.
    Reeks of Mtl thinking old man Nesta was going to solve their defense problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Reeks of Mtl thinking old man Nesta was going to solve their defense problem
    We just have to hope he’s Drew Moor “fast” as opposed to Nesta in Montreal “slow”

But agreed. It’s a real risk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“ Welcome to the Layer Cake “ Brilliant Mr Inbetween. Brilliant.

What did Ensco say about MLSE and MU? Don’t leave us hanging!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    “ Welcome to the Layer Cake “ Brilliant Mr Inbetween. Brilliant.

What did Ensco say about MLSE and MU? Don’t leave us hanging!
    this is a player thread for the 2022 season,not a made up conspiracy thread

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clearly have my fans and my detractors!

Thanks Mr Inbetween, that was a nice thing to say.

reggie, this is supposed to be fun. Can you please stop with the made up conspiracy theory thing? You have made that attack on me a bunch of times. It's tiresome. You have posted many things I agree with, I know you are not some troll or hothead. But please stop. This is a forum for conversation and speculation, not the New York Times. Also, how about we let mods delete this if they want?

Mighty: I thought that Masai, as part of his new deal was beginning to have influence beyond the Raptors, and especially maybe with TFC. I got a key fact wrong in my initial post on that (Masai did not go on the board of MLSE, which I thought I saw initially), I won't put all of what I said here, but Masai definitely knows soccer. To be clear, I know nothing.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-31-2021 at 02:48 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba addressing the story today. Not sure of what it says. I think it's a hit at D'Amico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Speaking of aging like fine win and going Italian, lets the get the legend himself Buffon! The man will play until 50 and still be better than both our current keepers.

Lets make it happen!
    Never going to happen, setup to be part of Parma Academy when he is done with playing, hoping to get the team back to Serie A (which won’t happen this year)…and play last year for Parma in Serie A, where it all began

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reggie, this is supposed to be fun. Can you please stop with the made up conspiracy theory thing? You have made that attack on me a bunch of times. It's tiresome. You have posted many things I agree with, I know you are not some troll or hothead. But please stop. This is a forum for conversation and speculation, not the New York Times. Also, how about we let mods delete this if they want?

Mighty: I thought that Masai, as part of his new deal was beginning to have influence beyond the Raptors, and especially maybe with TFC. I got a key fact wrong in my initial post on that (Masai did not go on the board of MLSE, which I thought I saw initially), I won't put all of what I said here, but Masai definitely knows soccer. To be clear, I know nothing.
    im jus a dumb ass futbol fan.i jus wanna talk about x and o player movement stuff like that,maybe a mlse corp thread would be interesting to some but not me...happy new year to all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

. This is a forum for conversation and speculation, not the New York Times.
    To be fair, both involve a fair amount of pontificating. But at least authoring a post on this form involves less closet-thesaurus digging in the name of establish a fake-aura of superiority / self importance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Seba addressing the story today. Not sure of what it says. I think it's a hit at D'Amico

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah. Got it. I dont follow the Raptors so “MU” wasn’t obvious to me. But not impossible. Not impossible. Would be interesting if TFC decided to put more effort into Africa…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question: can they sign people tomorrow? Or not until Tuesday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Question: can they sign people tomorrow? Or not until Tuesday?
    Premier League: Saturday January 1, 2022
    EFL: Saturday January 1, 2022
    Scotland: Saturday January 1, 2022
    Bundesliga: Saturday January 1, 2022
    Serie A: Saturday January 1, 2022
    La Liga: Monday January 3, 2022
    Ligue 1: Monday January 3, 2022

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect there is 50/50 chance this doesn't happen. Just my hunch.

Manning flying back to Italy when he was already there could be interpreted many ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I suspect there is 50/50 chance this doesn't happen. Just my hunch.

Manning flying back to Italy when he was already there could be interpreted many ways.

steve buffery
    @Beezersun
    ·
    3h
    Italian national sports newspaper Corriere dello Sport is reporting that Lorenzo Insigne has agreed to sign a five-year contract with #TFCLive. TFC president Bill Manning is expected to fly to Rome next week. #MLS

probs to sign paperwork and a free vaca for manning and some directors lol.i wonder if they are talking to Napoli about a early release

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I mean, it's done.. and why wouldn't it? MLSE has tonnes of money.

They see this TFC as a premier Football club in the world.

They just don't have the league for it right now.

They need to build TFC's legacy for when that "Super" league comes, then they will have a leg up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    steve buffery
    @Beezersun
    ·
    3h
    Italian national sports newspaper Corriere dello Sport is reporting that Lorenzo Insigne has agreed to sign a five-year contract with #TFCLive. TFC president Bill Manning is expected to fly to Rome next week. #MLS

probs to sign paperwork and a free vaca for manning and some directors lol.i wonder if they are talking to Napoli about a early release
    My take is Manning took a bit of a beating with Curtis last season. He's presumably gotten Curtis to move along and is trying to make sure he gets some credit for the signing to change the narrative on himself ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or it could be for a photo op, as Insinge is going to be signing the richest deal in MLS history

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, assuming this is real... the trip makes sense to me. Manning needs to open a discussion with Napoli about the conditions under which they might consider letting Insigne go early.

I assume Napoli ownership will be open to that in a couple of scenarios: 1. once their fate in Europe is resolved, which could be as soon as April, and 2. if they have a loan/signing to replace Insigne lined up, they might be amenable to just moving forward now, rather than just holding onto Insigne as a lame duck.

The problem for Napoli is the incentive anyone in Insigne's position would have to pull themselves out of games for the slightest reason. It's often better to cut the cord and move on, thasn have someone not committed to the squad in the room.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-31-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MightyDM, thank you for getting the expression. ensco, thank you for saving me the time of a reply by elaborating directly as the original poster. Apologies to all. 5 posts in and already mucking things up. Completely understand. This thread is about 21-22 Player/Coach/GM off-season roster discussion. I certainly don't want to be sedated, I mean deleted. As I mentioned before, bit of a neo-luddite so if a moderator would be so kind as to create a MLSE thread for me to eventually post on about that topic I would appreciate; got something to say... comments for conversation and speculation on the matter.

Lurked for eight years, much respect to and enjoy everyone in the RPB Forum and its threads. Of course won't be agreeing with everything everyone will say always. Believe I know how to disagree and have fun without getting personal. The only person that regularly makes me twitch and then wiggle in my seat isn't even in this forum; goes by J...B.... in some of the social medias. Do not think I am a conspiracist. Yish, sorry! not a nice kangaroo word. Then again you know what they say... if your supposed to be in a room with one conspiracy nutter and can't spot the person, it likely means its you! Anyways, as I have previously stated, I enjoy the space in between possibility and probability and all the discussion that could entail. As much as I try to be succinct I do carry on some times.

reggie, pitter patter, just for you... have a...
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-01-2022 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im jus a dumb ass futbol fan.i jus wanna talk about x and o player movement stuff like that,maybe a mlse corp thread would be interesting to some but not me...happy new year to all
    Happy New Year… some further ramblings… just for you reggie and anyone else.

It seems Bradley at LAFC favoured 4-3-3 and 3-1-4-2 formations two thirds of the time about evenly with the last third a mix of three other set-ups. In the attack, in the instance of a 4-3-3, if Insigne is in, then it’s Shaffelburg as alternate. On the right wing, for now, I think Laryea could be slotted and is my leading candidate with Destro as the possible central striker if he ends up here as well as formational right wing alternate. Poz on right wing maybe over Laryea yet prefer him as the central attacking midfielder in this group with cover by our steadfast workhorses Osario as defensive left midfielder and Delgado on the defensive right.

Obviously, if Destro arrives, he’s the primary central striker. Of course, Belotti would be… well… incredible. It just doesn’t make any sense to me overall numbers wise, even in this developing new MLS/MLSE NET spend reality and given some of our other pressing roster needs. I do agree with the many that our key need is an all-in-one marshalling right/centre back. Criscito seems to be the front runner. He has the pedigree. Is old, hopefully a Maldini version of old. For me the only drawback is that he seems to prefer the left side and that’s Mavinga territory. As a side note, the third of my top three most relevant thoughts offered by others for this off season was by MikeForbes and his suggestion TFC should consider Anderj Kramaric. From my lips, to Gods ears, to Bradley’s and Manning’s minds, if in any way available, this player is it… full-stop. He checks all the boxes… more moneyball than Destro, perhaps more financially manageable than Belotti, with a no nonsense Bradleysque attitude. Ultra & Proud, besides Chicago’s demographic there is a GTA contingent, do not overlook the storied evolution of football in our marketplace with the Toronto Metros-Croatia that included Eusebio among many others, that won the ’76 NASL Soccer Bowl and held their own against the likes of Pele, Chinaglia and Beckenbauer of the NY Cosmos.

reggie and folks, this is where my thoughts for the attack get fun and may stir the pot. If anyone demands respect and should be able to manage an ego its Bradley; Vela may be his exception to the rule. So that’s why I think, get ready for it, both Altidore and Giovinco are still within the realm of probability considerations with take it or leave it proviso scenarios. Maybe just Altidore now since Giovinco cannot keep quiet. Why and how? In a value-add sense. I believe they still have marketability and can contribute on the field. I believe, Vazquez signed with LAG for around 500K USD; a reference and metric. With the first firm non-negotiable proviso being that these two candidates would re-sign/sign for between 500K to 750K each and no more; the project is feasible and workable. Lots of skill and experience, formation and injury depth as well as flexibility and redundancy are immediately gained. Altidore alternate to Destro, Giovinco alternate to Altidore or even Poz. Giovinco the second or third dead ball specialist; although I was really impressed by Osario’s corners very late in the season. It feels to me that TFC really hasn’t put in a lot or enough free kicks since Giovinco left; although Insigne could also help remedy that issue. Akinola and Achara for Mullins and instead of Dwyer. We should also give Perruzza some more on field time. Remember, the 5+1 sub rule permits and should help a coach with more options to influence any match. The second firm non-negotiable proviso being a 1+ optional 1 year contract. This may be my/the bridge too far. MLS rules are confusing and I believe it’s been debated in this thread in relation to whether a 1+ optional 1 year contract can even be offered. The tell for me, in regards to Altidore, may be if the buy-out option window has begun why hasn’t this been actioned? I understand some revised upward outstanding contract numbers of his have been floated and debated recently. Maybe a MLSPA Covid salary deferral agreement would explain it? Regardless, wouldn’t it always be the amount owed and known to be owed by the organization? I guess they could be playing contract chicken, hoping for someone to come take him for free after the beginning of the new year. In the end, if allowed, a proposed buy out of what is owing, minus the amount for this season’s re-signing would be an ideal option as the way forward. Giovinco’s stumbling block, aside from his words, may be any added cost due to any allocation order for his re-entry into MLS.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-01-2022 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but Masai definitely knows soccer.[/QUOTE]

Maybe best to get it straight from the horse's mouth. On August 18 at his presser, Masai, when asked about what his new "Vice-Chairman" title meant, made it pretty clear there have been conversations about his getting involved with TFC. You can see/hear for yourself in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqGGztfHOvc - The relevant part of the video is from 27:12 to 28:21

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how even when we disagree most of us can have a civil conversation and work things out. Happy New Year to everyone here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogon View Post
    but Masai definitely knows soccer.

Maybe best to get it straight from the horse's mouth. On August 18 at his presser, Masai, when asked about what his new "Vice-Chairman" title meant, made it pretty clear there have been conversations about his getting involved with TFC. You can see/hear for yourself in this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqGGztfHOvc - The relevant part of the video is from 27:12 to 28:21
    Thank you! I couldn't find that at the time...