Page 102 of 174 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice of TFC to get a player just to give Caldwell 2 minutes of banter each and every game....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/ManuelVeth/statu...76892103856128

positive impression.

also need to remember veth hates tfc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding Laryea.
    I find it odd that Bob et al. would not have gotten an option of right to first refusal with his loan transfer.
    To be able to initiate/exercise any purchase option. Similar to Nashville's Shaffelburg situation.
    Given the price paid for essentially two half seasons. And yes I understand it is offset by what TFC originally received by NF for the first transfer.
    I understand that the move had duality at the time and is perceived as being a positive for Mamah's WC22 preparations and aspirations.
    Still, I would then have to define it more as a panic move if NF has an unencumbered loan callback option.
    I honestly suspect the loan(transfer)- contract situation is purposefully murky by MLS/TFC standards for club budgetary implications.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-09-2023 at 06:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Nice of TFC to get a player just to give Caldwell 2 minutes of banter each and every game....
    *After a two footed tackle from behind that breaks Josef Martinez's leg*

"Absolutely beautiful tackle from Walsh. No idea what the official see's in this to give a red. Martinez went down too easy for me."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So we haven't heard of any backup plan if we don't get Sean Johnson.

Does Romero then become the #1, or do we scramble for someone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Mavinga was getting 300K guaranteed in 2018.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180425...s/salary-guide

(The only way to look at salaries earlier then 2022 is the way back machine)
    If you go to this page and scroll down to the bottom, they have PDFs of previous years https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds more like it. And if we’re going U-22 as Bradley has suggested, one of them should probably be a CB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    If you go to this page and scroll down to the bottom, they have PDFs of previous years https://mlsplayers.org/resources/salary-guide

Thanks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You're in the wrong place. This is the "hot take" thread. Should come with "big opinion", preferably about players or leagues you have never seen.

Hard data goes somewhere else. I don't know where.

;-)
    Fire Bob Bradley and Manning. Michael needs to retire. Oso is too hurt. Kaye was never a good player. Akinola is too fat. We should have signed Hoilett instead of Berna. Foreign players hate Canada. Is that better?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Greek Striker would be interesting but I'm almost certain he'd be a DP.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fire Bob Bradley and Manning. Michael needs to retire. Oso is too hurt. Kaye was never a good player. Akinola is too fat. We should have signed Hoilett instead of Berna. Foreign players hate Canada. Is that better?
    You missed "Seba should never have been let go" & "Poz would put in buckets" & "Our GK coach is the reason why our defence is so bad" (Ok, maybe that's just me)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Regarding Laryea.
    I find it odd that Bob et al. would not have gotten an option of right to first refusal with his loan transfer.
    To be able to initiate/exercise any purchase option. Similar to Nashville's Shaffelburg situation.
    Given the price paid for essentially two half seasons. And yes I understand it is offset by what TFC originally received by NF for the first transfer.
    I understand that the move had duality at the time and is perceived as being a positive for Mamah's WC22 preparations and aspirations.
    Still, I would then have to define it more as a panic move if NF has an unencumbered loan callback option.
    I honestly suspect the loan(transfer)- contract situation is purposefully murky by MLS/TFC standards for club budgetary implications.
    I'm not surprised there was no purchase option. To me, when I first heard about the deal being a loan, my thought was this is Nottingham, who has no interest in Laryea, realizing there is the potential for Laryea and Canada to possibly stand out at the World Cup and suddenly his stock rises and he's worth say $5 million, why give TFC say a $1 million purchase option? If you know TFC will still be there to buy him for $1 million if his stock doesn't rise, they kept the option to take him back, just in case he had a great World Cup. If he didn't, just sell him back later. Also, they could very easily get relegated in which case they'll have to sell off a bunch of players and then suddenly, they may need him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    *After a two footed tackle from behind that breaks Josef Martinez's leg*

"Absolutely beautiful tackle from Walsh. No idea what the official see's in this to give a red. Martinez went down too easy for me."
    ”Nothing in it for me”. That was Caldwell's reaction a few years back, after a Montreal player basically burst one of Beitashour's organs with an open field hit like you see in the NFL on punt coverage.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    From Beezer:

“It’s been reported that Rosted will travel to Toronto this week, though TFC officials have yet to comment on the Rosted report. The 6-foot-2 centre back is said to have good leadership and defensive skills, though he may not be available until mid-way through the 2023 MLS season.”
    This would break with Manning’s statement of every one by Feb and would be severely shitty on top of disappointing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This would break with Manning’s statement of every one by Feb and would be severely shitty on top of disappointing.
    So that would be Plan D then.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I'm not surprised there was no purchase option. To me, when I first heard about the deal being a loan, my thought was this is Nottingham, who has no interest in Laryea, realizing there is the potential for Laryea and Canada to possibly stand out at the World Cup and suddenly his stock rises and he's worth say $5 million, why give TFC say a $1 million purchase option? If you know TFC will still be there to buy him for $1 million if his stock doesn't rise, they kept the option to take him back, just in case he had a great World Cup. If he didn't, just sell him back later. Also, they could very easily get relegated in which case they'll have to sell off a bunch of players and then suddenly, they may need him
    You are likely correct; that what you outline are the circumstances of this situation.
    Though, I still believe Bob would be more savvy in such a matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The availability point could just be negotiations. He's out of contract in June. Maybe his current club wants a fee, Manning wants to give the impression we're willing to wait until July to drive down the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ”Nothing in it for me”. That was Caldwell's reaction a few years back, after a Montreal player basically burst one of Beitashour's organs with an open field hit like you see in the NFL on punt coverage.
    Please refer to my reply in Former TFC Player/Coach/Staff New Thread.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-09-2023 at 07:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regarding the Norwegian center back, fairly safe to assume he's coming now if he's traveling to Toronto this week (as has been reported).

No need to travel if he's not coming til the summer, could do medical and sign contract in denmark.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now you're cooking lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So we haven't heard of any backup plan if we don't get Sean Johnson.

Does Romero then become the #1, or do we scramble for someone else?
    I've always been of the mind that, if hard-pressed, GK is the spot to look for cheap loans from European clubs looking to give their young guys playing time. The acclimation period is much shorter with less importance on positional tactics, and there should always be options available if you're diligent because teams are usually only giving playing time to one guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Awful player. He's positionless and doesn't do anything well. Not sure he'd even cut it in MLS.
    Ouch! Ok. Maybe.
    I respect the judgement about Galgiardini.
    I understand the cloud over this player; a public general disdain shared similar to Fede.
    IMHO, I think he could play the role of a modern 6 midfielder in MLS; the chameleon.
    Michael was always a some sort of hybrid of this for me; in his prime a bit of all, whatever is required, whenever it is required.
    A bit of all the types of a 6.
    I believe he would be capable of playing multiple roles; possesses the versatility for a box-to-box, central, attacking or defensive midfielder.
    I think he understands the 4-3-3.
    Yes, he is known as a Mezzala, 'The Italian Pogba', just another 8.
    Yet his experience and skill should easily meet the challenges of a 6 in MLS.
    Of being at times the destroyer, the deep-lying playmaker (regista), and the volante.
    Volante for me = Mezzala.
    Perhaps the destroyer role responsibility can be shared during/in matches or rotation wise over a series of matches with Oso?

Edit... TFC go for Galgiardini, Inter-Milan go for Buchanan.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 01-09-2023 at 08:42 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ouch! Ok. Maybe.
    I respect the concern about Galgiardini.
    I understand the cloud over this player; a public general disdain shared similar to Fede.
    IMHO, I think he could play the role of a modern 6 midfielder in MLS; the chameleon.
    Michael was always a some sort of hybrid of this for me; in his prime a bit of all, whatever is required, whenever it is required.
    A bit of all the types of a 6.
    I believe he would be capable of playing multiple roles; possesses the versatility for a box-to-box, central, attacking or defensive midfielder.
    I think he understands the 4-3-3.
    Yes, he is known as a Mezzala, 'The Italian Pogba', just another 8.
    Yet his experience and skill should easily meet the challenges of a 6 in MLS.
    Of being at times the destroyer, the deep-lying playmaker (regista), and the volante.
    Volante for me = Mezzala.
    Perhaps the destroyer role responsibility can be shared with Oso?
    They aren't signing a big name DP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You missed "Seba should never have been let go" & "Poz would put in buckets" & "Our GK coach is the reason why our defence is so bad" (Ok, maybe that's just me)
    Suggest that "our scouts are useless" also be added. That’s definitely me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    They aren't signing a big name DP
    Yeah, about that; that indication or statement by management.
    Nonsense. Absolute doo doo. Yesh.
    Misdirection.
    By all accounts they were prepared to sign Belotti.
    Ergo, if the right opportunity presents itself, I would not expect otherwise.
    Is Gagliardini the opportunity? Theoretically?
    That is very debatable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone with a sharp eye able to spot any trialists? I saw Rohan Goulbourne from TFC2. Also looks like Vázquez is wearing #8 and Laryea back to #22. Saw a number 52 on a pair of shorts which would be Alonso Coello's number from TFC2.
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-09-2023 at 08:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you mentioned that they traded priso so MB could play more?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, about that; that indication or statement by management.
    Nonsense. Absolute doo doo. Yesh.
    Misdirection.
    By all accounts they were prepared to sign Belotti.
    Ergo, if the right opportunity presents itself, I would not expect otherwise.
    Is Gagliardini the opportunity? Theoretically?
    That is very debatable.
    Being able to sign three under 23 players of any high transfer value and salary and have all of that count only 600k towards the cap sounds like a good idea to me… if we’re willing to spend. But more so if we move Akinola, otherwise it’s two plus the one we have already.

And I really hope I’m wrong but based on last season he didn’t look suited for a place in our front three.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    There is something bizarre going on in MLS midwestern front offices with these grandiose claims.

Guaranteed green cards! (News flash - there is nothing Minnesota is doing that is unique to them).

Adrian Heath personally asked for this (I mean how can Cho say no to Adrian Heath)

Last edited by ensco; 01-09-2023 at 11:52 PM.