Page 102 of 191 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,060 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So anyone else shudder a bit when Insigne went off hurt this past weekend? I am sure he will be fine. He is a durable player not like Altidore. He did go down with no contact at the time though so that is the only thing that points to something worrisome but hopefully nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    His wages probably jump up a ton in 2022
    to make this trade..he would have to be in the 200k 250k range at least..oh curtis.and manning gave this guy a extension..oh bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can bet your bottom dollar that this pick will turn into someone of quality too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    to make this trade..he would have to be in the 200k 250k range at least..oh curtis.and manning gave this guy a extension..oh bill
    probably at least, he made over a mill in 2020, hard to imagine him taking a 2 year contract at 80K/ year set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC gets $50k in GAM back. this makes more sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    200k GAM + 6th pick was the cost for moving down to 3rd. So the 3rd straight up would be worth a lot more than that. With that pick you can get a Generation Adidas player, so 0$ budget hit for 3 years.

There definitely is something we don't yet know about the Dwyer contract, this doesn't make sense if he truly was set to be on 80k. Like other's have mentioned, he must have been due a big increase for the 2nd year.

and I'll echo, thanks a lot once again Curtis!
    Sorry about your namesake Sir Bob Saget.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And people wonder why Curtis/Armas was the worst decision our club ever made trade a 3rd pick overall and contract of Dom Dwyer for 50k to clean up the mess; so frustrated with this decision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I am calling BS on this story. Dwyer made 81K last year. There is no chance this is true.
    Maybe it’s true but we get TAM / GAM back. Or, it’s a really weak draft. That would be the only way this makes sense.

Maybe the contract was back loaded? Which is still baffling, but whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post

TFC gets $50k in GAM back. this makes more sense.
    Geez, it looks like a really crappy way to treat a player. Even though he sucked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hypothesize that Dwyer's 2022 salary will be $100k (full year, salary escalators). We get $50k in GAM. Comparing to the trade last year, there's a gap in $50K of GAM + the 6th overall pick. I'd say that's around what a buyout slot is worth, so we got fair value out of this trade. That said, another blight on Curtis that Bradley/Manning are cleaning up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's official.

Why is everyone pinning this on Curtis?

Who do you think either signed off on the Dwyer signing, or delegated authority of this magnitude?

(Gotta hand it to Manning, he is very good at exactly this kind of razzle dazzle)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-10-2022 at 01:56 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so ayo is out for another month or more.jozy a buyout,perruzza is our only striker on the roster.got to be someone else coming in before the season starts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's official.

Who do you think either signed off on the Dwyer signing, or delegated authority of this magnitude?

(Gotta hand it to Manning, he is very good at exactly this kind of razzle dazzle)
    I'll blame Curtis and Manning. I'm trying to put some credit to Manning because he's identify what a number of the issues were with the team and thus far has stepped in to correct them, rather than doubling down on mistakes.

Who thought it would be a good idea to guarantee a large amount of money to Dwyer? Complete breakdown in team governance/decision making.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hypothesize that Dwyer's 2022 salary will be $100k (full year, salary escalators). We get $50k in GAM. Comparing to the trade last year, there's a gap in $50K of GAM + the 6th overall pick. I'd say that's around what a buyout slot is worth, so we got fair value out of this trade. That said, another blight on Curtis that Bradley/Manning are cleaning up.
    What's the sixth overall pick? We didn't get that from what I'm reading. Dallas has 3 and 6 now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What's the sixth overall pick? We didn't get that from what I'm reading. Dallas has 3 and 6 now.
    Last year the 3rd overall pick was traded for $200k GAM + 6th overall pick. So was comparing to that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our cap management has been absolutely atrocious since Bez left, 2 year contract with a bigger 2nd year for Dwyer is a classic example. Completely incompetent deal in an MLS salary structure and one of many examples

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last year the 3rd overall pick was traded for $200k GAM + 6th overall pick. So was comparing to that
    Ah, I see. Funny all the same picks are involved this year too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Our cap management has been absolutely atrocious since Bez left, 2 year contract with a bigger 2nd year for Dwyer is a classic example. Completely incompetent deal in an MLS salary structure and one of many examples
    bez had a few beauties also

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So it's official.

It’s really not a big enough decision where it should have merited Manning’s involvement. To me it looks like a once over, eye-roller “sure you want to do this? If you say so…” type conversation.

President has to be able to delegate at some level and trust the people under him. I can find plenty of other bigger things Manning should should be blasted for but this is just Curtis’s stupidity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwyer's salary would be coming out of the league paid salary budget. No TAM, no discretionary/DP funds. Absolutely Manning left Curtis to make those types of decisions himself.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

per Beezer from the sun, Dwyer's salary would have been 300-350K in 2022.

good deal if so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwyer was on $300k-$350k next year. So $350k-$400k in salary relief.

Could this be the worst move of the entire Curtis era? Just astonishingly bad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

erickson gallardo would like a word

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WTAF is right...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    bez had a few beauties also
    Nobody bats 1,000 gut good god. Jozy re-signing at his salary and contract length, Omar on his wage and Dwyer apparently at $350-400k and probably others I'm forgetting are inexcusable with the salary structure of MLS. They aren't just deals that went poorly in retrospect, they were absolutely awful decisions made with the information they had available to them at the time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When the signing was announced as a 2-year deal I thought for sure the second year would be a team option. Not only was it guaranteed but apparently we gave him a big raise! Unbelievable stuff.

The signing press release quotes Curtis saying he had interest from other clubs. But seriously, you let him walk if he wants big money. Really shows how clueless our front office was if they negotiated themselves into this corner.

Also, this pretty much confirms Jozy will be the offseason buyout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

gallardo was in the 350 range,if that is case in the DD salary,then this was a brilliant move.who ever made it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    erickson gallardo would like a word
    At least we'll have the own goal that Gallardo created in the Champions League. Dwyer gave us the assist to Peruzza to kick off the summer of Peruzza.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC sold our Superdraft pick for $350K-$400k. Beezer is a solid source.

That seems quite reasonable to me. It's also quite clever to use Dallas' buyout for our crappy overpaid player. I think this is a first in MLS.

It's unbelievable that Curtis ran the roster so badly. No wonder we were bottom of the table.

I am calling BS on this story. Dwyer made 81K last year. There is no chance this is true.
    sadly it's true

I would think so. Absolutely astonishing.

My take on the whole Curtis situation is that Manning was tied up with the Argos and he left TFC in what he mistakenly thought was good hands. He totally owns picking someone like Curtis to replace Bez (yeah, Vanney was supposedly in on the choice too, but as President Manning owns this). He doesn't however own every stupid decision that Curtis made, or the many many decisions that Curtis should have done but procrastinated doing. I'm pretty pleased with what he's done since allowing Curtis to leave "for other opportunities" in minor league soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Geez, it looks like a really crappy way to treat a player. Even though he sucked.
    He gets his money without even having to work. How is that treating him badly?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 01-10-2022 at 02:27 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's diabolical