Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The Falcons and Seahawks are both playing at home on the Sunday and the soccer game had to be as early as possible so the field could then be prepared for their respective NFL game the next day. There is a lot of day before prep that goes also including the broadcast setup etc.

Also from a TSN perspective as the Canadian rightsholder they already had CFL commitments for 4 pm and 7 pm on the Saturday. Lots of moving parts here.

This.

Also, we got the second best game time.

Better than 7pm.
    Way better than Sunday

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    This.

Also, we got the second best game time.

Better than 7pm.
    Way better than Sunday
    Wait...you think 12 pm is preferrable to 7pm?

As for TSN - they have had CFL games on during our matches since July.

Nah, we got shafted for something & I think its the Univision contract (which is actually big for MLS -$15 million).

Not sold on it being DC baseball related to because right now DCU has no local TV rights holder - they were streaming through a company that was so bad, DCU tore up the contract last week.

The stadium is going to be 2/3 full. Its a shame. Going to move on but people who think its nothing are not thinking this through.

MLSE rolled over for somebody in MLS.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 10-07-2019 at 01:10 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see TSN not wanting to split up their viewership with a TFC playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Nah, we got shafted for something & I think its the Univision contract (which is actually big for MLS -$15 million).

Not sold on it being DC baseball related to because right now DCU has no local TV rights holder - they were streaming through a company that was so bad, DCU tore up the contract last week.

The stadium is going to be 2/3 full. Its a shame. Going to move on but people who think its nothing are not thinking this through.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see TSN not wanting to split up their viewership with a TFC playoff game.
    Noon time kills more TV then a split.

Nah, I'm pretty sure this is MLS head office, who have a contract to provide 2 playoff games to Univision this round, saying "OK, Fox & ESPN have you left with these 2 - when do you want em?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can a team with that pedigree not have a good tv/internet deal by now, with rooney!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A significant portion of the fan base prefer evening games in summer, and day games in spring and fall.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    A significant portion of the fan base prefer evening games in summer, and day games in spring and fall.
    True, but a significant portion of the fan base also consider 12 pm as "early morning".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    True, but a significant portion of the fan base also consider 12 pm as "early morning".
    Yuuppppp!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A noon game can benefit you, it gives people their afternoon and evening, lets them bring the kids down and enjoy it as family. Who would not enjoy a 12 noon match. Go down for a nice brunch with the girlfriend and bring her to the match. A nice little mid day date. If someone wants to go they will. The time is only an excuse for people if they want an out, a reason not to go.

If the kids have to miss their Saturday morning swim class or a play date, it is what it is. No excuses, all hands on deck.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    The Leafs play Boston at Scotiabank at 7pm on October 19.

The Conference Semis against NYCFC is Wednesday Oct 23 at 7pm. (the 4th/5th winner plays NYCFC) At least we know why the Round 1 game is on Saturday and not Sunday.
    Two excellent points. Better to not go up against the Leafs.

A noon game can benefit you, it gives people their afternoon and evening, lets them bring the kids down and enjoy it as family.
    I'm normally okay with 7pm games but I am so sick of them lately. We got screwed with our lack of day games this year.

In the first 5 years you could pair up some morning EPL with a 1pm kickoff. If our schedule in 2020 has as many as this year, I'll be selling my tickets off in bulk.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy goes for an MRI today, supposedly. No word from the USMNT camp about a replacement yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy goes for an MRI today, supposedly. No word from the USMNT camp about a replacement yet.
    I know Miles Robinson replaced Walker Zimmerman but has Jozy officially withdrawn or if a negative result comes back he could still join the USMNT in DC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the kids have to miss their Saturday morning swim class or a play date, it is what it is. No excuses, all hands on deck.[/QUOTE]

I love this. From a no nonsense Red Patch Boy.