Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 22 - Houston @ TFC - Saturday July 20 7:30pm - You Know What Time it Is

Keep Rollin'

Have at It People

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the mild ankle injury this is a good time to rest Pozuelo. I expect Gallardo to be in this match, at least as a substitute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is who i would start.

Westburg
    Auro moor mavinga morgan
    -------fraser-----bradley-----
    Richie-osorio-shaffleburg
    --------------jozy------------

I like laryea as a winger. Id be worried about omar playing three games in a week. Morgan deserves a start and morrow should get some rest. Bring pozuelo off the bench if needed. Id almost consider resting jozy and starting mullens but i think thet need to start at leaat two dps to win.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Houston has been terrible on the road this season with their 1-8 record and their woes continued last night in their 5-0 loss at Atlanta. The Reds need to just go at them and get up early.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If there is a team I want to kick their ass...its Houston. Remember in the middle of the CCL last year they wouldn't postpone their game. We sent out a young squad and they ran up the score 5-1.

-----------------Irwin-----------------------
    Dunn-Johnson, Hernandez, Taintor
    --Hasler,Fraser, Aketxe, Chapman, Telfer--
    ------------Hamilton, Rickets -------------

Bench was ... Spencer, Mino, Patterson-Sewell, Daniels, Akinola

Hopefully with our recent form we tell them we remember....

COYRs
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 07-18-2019 at 10:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alberth Elis picked up a red card vs Atlanta so he'll be out for this one, very dangerous player so I'm glad we don't need to worry about him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    If there is a team I want to kick their ass...its Houston. Remember in the middle of the CCL last year they wouldn't postpone their game. We sent out a young squad and they ran up the score 5-1.
    I've been waiting for this day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not trying to be dramatic, but assuming he is healthy, if Fraser doesn't start this game I'm going to lose a bit of faith in what we're doing as an organization.

We risk stunting his development if we can't find him good minutes from here on out. Fraser's been with the first team for a year and had time to acclimate and gel with the core group. He's 21. For as young as that is it's also the age where players typically start to break out and become starters, given the chance. Marky Delgado had 20 league appearances for us in his age 20 season and 28 in his age 21 season. A year later he was a key piece of our championship squad, and even if his development has stalled since Guadalajara he's still a good player with real value. He doesn't get there without those minutes.

More importantly than Fraser's age is that he's just good enough. I mean he looks better comparatively than Delgado did when he first started getting significant minutes with us.

I've always been a Bradley fan but it's visibly clear he's not the ground-covering rover that he used to be. As much as he wants to play every minute under the sun he could probably benefit from a game off here and there at this point in his career, certainly in this kind of case where he's coming back from international duty and we just had a midweek game.

I just think we'd be doing a big disservice to Fraser to park him on the bench the rest of the season now that Bradley is back. To say nothing of the fact that from a roster perspective we should be trying to give Fraser a bigger role because Bradley's future is unclear anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Maybe TFC should think about Houston as the Thai team in the WWC. No holds barred and score 13 goals.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DP's earned some load management.

Save em for Cinci, please.

Still, I want to see 5 nil.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are we thinking for lineup? does bono get a sniff , do we finally get to see gallardo. luckily they played wed too...and down a man for the whole match so probably even a bit more gassed
    Last edited by dal524; 07-19-2019 at 08:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Fraser is at the minimum not on the bench I will be disappointed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perfect match for Pozuelo to miss.

Deserves a little break, and osario can fill that role.

Would like to see this tomorrow:

Westburg
    Laryea Ciman Gonzalez Mavinga Morrow
    Bradley
    osario Delgado
    Jozy Mullins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a slight difference.

Bono
    Laryea Ciman OG Mavinga Morgan
    Bradley Fraser
    Oso
    Jozy Mullins
    Last edited by MightyDM; 07-19-2019 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come out to win. Every match counts.

Westberg; Morrow, Mavinga, Gonzalez, Auro; Bradley, Fraser; Shaff, Pozuelo, Oso; Altidore

I also really want to see Gallardo if even for 10 mins

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Steve Buffery (Sun reporter) says Bono not planned to start until the Canadian Championship games in August, so Westberg it is.

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status...381258758?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Come out to win. Every match counts.

Westberg; Morrow, Mavinga, Gonzalez, Auro; Bradley, Fraser; Shaff, Pozuelo, Oso; Altidore

I also really want to see Gallardo if even for 10 mins
    Poz is injured. So if you go with 4-2-3-1, which I like, Endoh gets the start. But I think Shaff needs/ will get a rest, so Morgan Chapman Gallardo are the options. Likely Morgan.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Poz is injured. So if you go with 4-2-3-1, which I like, Endoh gets the start. But I think Shaff needs/ will get a rest, so Morgan Chapman Gallardo are the options. Likely Morgan.
    Vanney indicated some rotation so this scenario could be very well what happens.

3-5-2 is another possibility with Vanney resting Endoh as well and playing another striker with Jozy. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-19-2019 at 10:08 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't sound like Pozuelo or Gallardo (training injury) will be available; even Gonzalez is doubtful; and Moor available for limited minutes. Argh TFC still not quite 100%...

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...dynamo-lightly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well... that's a bummer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Doesn't sound like Pozuelo or Gallardo (training injury) will be available; even Gonzalez is doubtful; and Moor available for limited minutes. Argh TFC still not quite 100%...

It's remarkable how many injuries occur in training. Guess we won't be seeing a glimpse of Gallardo Saturday.

The coach said the club’s new 22-year-old winger Erickson Gallardo hurt himself this past week in training. “I don’t have a timeline, but I know they said it’s something minor so hopefully we just get through this weekend and we can get him back moving forward”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man. Here comes the "two weeks away" meme.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    It's remarkable how many injuries occur in training. Guess we won't be seeing a glimpse of Gallardo Saturday.

The coach said the club’s new 22-year-old winger Erickson Gallardo hurt himself this past week in training. “I don’t have a timeline, but I know they said it’s something minor so hopefully we just get through this weekend and we can get him back moving forward”
    In 2018 TFC had a ton of injury problems. One of the things FO promised for this season was a new sports science partner, who would more carefully monitor players to avoid injury. If I had time, I would look up the quotes about that.

We've heard and seen nothing from this company since. Normally TFC like to do little tech stories or videos about such things, like about the pitch maintenance & improvement. Did they not follow through, and there is no new sports science company involved? Or are they working with the team, but still haven't been able to improve the situation enough? (Or is their advice occasionally being ignored?) Would be an interesting question from a journalist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Gallardo will get on the pitch this season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Osorio & DeLeon back completely though. Delgado seems to be nailed onto this roster but not sure he would be starting if those 2 & Pozuelo are back. Gallardo had sore quads - this might as much be due to what he was doing before he got to the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Well... that's a bummer.
    I’d say.

Another testament to shameful MLS officiating. The league needs to wake up and realize nobody pays to see talentless hacks kick star players for 90 minutes. Couldn’t have been more obvious Pozuelo was being targeted all game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’d say.

Another testament to shameful MLS officiating. The league needs to wake up and realize nobody pays to see talentless hacks kick star players for 90 minutes. Couldn’t have been more obvious Pozuelo was being targeted all game.
    Also shocking in that context: TFC's words when talking about Pozuelo's injury. They make it sound almost like he did it to himself: "he rolled his ankle." Maybe they're saying more in their interviews and the journos aren't passing it on, but I doubt it. I know they have to be careful with criticizing the officials directly. But they could be much more forceful and angry when talking about the injury: "This was the result of him being badly fouled." It's a summer home game; season ticket holders are paying for this; TFC want to go on a run in the 2nd half of the season; but our star player is not available. Sure Pozuelo needs a break now and then, but that would be better done via planned substitutions; take him out in the 60th minute against a weak team for example. Rather than him having to sit because he got hacked.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

Oh well...
    Yesterday morning I thought I will be pissed if we do not beat this hateworthy Houston team (remember last year!) with at least 2 goals, and I was hoping in a 3-4 goal win.
    But with these news I have a bad feeling about this one, and I'll be very happy if somehow we can edge out a 1-0 or 2-1 win.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya nm 5 nil. Their shellacking last match was with 10 men most of the match.

Just get us 3 pts today.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chance the weather ruins this one? High probability of precipitation in and around kickoff.