Page 42 of 191 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the DP's is Mannings responsibility.

Manning is going to be largely judged based on how the 3 DP's contracts ending is managed - Curtis less so as he can say he was just brought in. But Manning knows that the team has to get this transition right.

This town watches how its stars are handled. Do it wrong, and you upset the fanbase.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like watching your kids tell you that they are going to have to move far away to do what they want to do in life, and are probably never coming back.

These jumped out at me, when Jozy said : “I think you realize”.... and never finished, then later “broken bone is a broken bone, that is another conversation”. There is a story and a half there. He is gone no matter what.
    Last edited by ensco; 01-15-2019 at 08:02 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as we will miss them though, these guys are professionals and they have one more year on the contract so the big boy thing to do for themselves would be to have the best season ever. If they truly want to stay with TFC then make it very difficult for TFC to let them go. Worst case TFC still don't keep you but you make the best case for yourself to get a new contract elsewhere by playing so well. The worst thing for them to do would be to expect a contract based on what was done in the past only and not have their head in the game this season because they didn't get their early contract renewal they wanted and then have a mediocre season which wouldn't help their case as much landing a contract elsewhere. I hope for us and themselves they do the former.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^That might be how it plays out. Most likely, this becomes untenable and one or both has to be moved in the summer window. Or this window.

This isn’t going away, and it'll only get more intense.

I wonder if the body language there confirms that VV is leaving. Those guys are frustrated.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    As much as we will miss them though, these guys are professionals and they have one more year on the contract so the big boy thing to do for themselves would be to have the best season ever. If they truly want to stay with TFC then make it very difficult for TFC to let them go. Worst case TFC still don't keep you but you make the best case for yourself to get a new contract elsewhere by playing so well. The worst thing for them to do would be to expect a contract based on what was done in the past only and not have their head in the game this season because they didn't get their early contract renewal they wanted and then have a mediocre season which wouldn't help their case as much landing a contract elsewhere. I hope for us and themselves they do the former.
    Was coming back to say something close to this. Love these dudes and what they've done for us but fact is they're getting older and slower. How happy would people be if they were around another 3 years injured and ineffective? I'm mixed on what we should do with them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Was coming back to say something close to this. Love these dudes and what they've done for us but fact is they're getting older and slower. How happy would people be if they were around another 3 years injured and ineffective? I'm mixed on what we should do with them
    I would be happy.

There is a five year grace period post championship before anyone is allowed to go back to full scale grievance/bitching mode.

On average an MLS team makes it to a final every 12 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe these guys are going to go because ownership wants to go fucking cheap. Absolute shame.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    I can't believe these guys are going to go because ownership wants to go fucking cheap. Absolute shame.
    Speculation. I doubt it's cuz they want to go cheap. Love Jozy but if he's playing one half to a third of the season he's not worth it imo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree. I think there is an opportunity to bring back *some* of these guys but certainly not all. We need to turn the page a bit. I’d like to see Seba back because he’s healthy, valuable, and I think most adaptable with age. Altidore is a tough sell with all the injuries. We need someone who can stay on the field. Maybe a lesser TAM type deal works (like the one we had VV on) but I doubt that appeals when he can get more money in Mexico or elsewhere. Bradley.... not sure what to think but for how hard he plays I worry he hits the wall at some point, hard.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 01-15-2019 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is risk in replacing them. It’s not obviously better. Just different

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Heard it from a dude that told me about Ciman a week or two before it happened.
    Didnt say anything because he asked me not to but he tweeted this so figured its ok.
    Know him well enough, not some stranger i met on the subway.

https://twitter.com/MLS_Buzz/status/1084971698691166209

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make of it what you will...

Vazquez and Jozy not training. Bradley, Marky and Bono away with US team. #TFC

Interesting scrum with Seba, who said he had a "serious" offer from another club. Wouldn't give details. Said he was committed to #TFC this season and wants to sign a new deal.

The club was Bologna. They didn’t want to pay a transfer fee therefore deal fell through. Just using it as contract leverage with the media. Problem is he wants 8 million a year, and TFC doesn’t want to pay him such an amount.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton is in camp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not surprised about Hamilton.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the interview.... makes an even more compelling case for sorting the DP's out before the season begins. It's easy to say they are "professionals" regardless and give it there all. But that is bullshit. The moment there is adversity - there will be a real test. They will be lining up the next deal. walking away from a contract with nothing left is the best situation for a sought after player - no transfer fee for the new team...more cash for salary. The only option is trade/sell now or extend the contracts 2-3 years. It needs to be sorted - especially with a new GM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya'll know who owns Bologna, right?

Take that rumour with a grain of salt.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Ya'll know who owns Bologna, right?

Take that rumour with a grain of salt.
    Not really, makes sense. Money talks, not like he was going to play for Impact

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if Molinaro is only noticing VV's absence or if he's being fed information by the team? Moving on from VV will be difficult but it's better to know now and get on with it, I guess.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Wonder if Molinaro is only noticing VV's absence or if he's being fed information by the team? Moving on from VV will be difficult but it's better to know now and get on with it, I guess.
    Not too hard if he's appropriately replaced. That's where the question lies

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There is risk in replacing them. It’s not obviously better. Just different
    I agree, it’s not as simple as getting rid of guys who are 30+ and bringing in younger players that will instantly be better.

But, I think in certain respects we need to turn the page. I would not go forward with the same 3 DPs + VV for another 3 year run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, watched the video

Both want to stay.

Seba hates the question, knows its not just for him to discuss.

Altidore played on a broken foot for 2 years. If he truly is healthy, he is going to rip this league a new one.

Jozy looks resigned to leaving (much as he did back in October) but will do his bit in the meantime.

They are more positive then most people would be at this point.

Management should be asked by the media to address this. The heretofore used "We're going to see." line isn't going to cut it. Somebody in the media needs to ask Manning point blank, "Do you want Seba & Jozy back in 2020?" Letting it simmer isn't going to help. Get the discussion's existance out in the open would be a good thing.

As for Bologna, if you think somebody in Impact land isn't beyond feeding Max Calcio stir the pot intel, you havn't been watching.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, watched the video

Both want to stay.

Seba hates the question, knows its not just for him to discuss.

Altidore played on a broken foot for 2 years. If he truly is healthy, he is going to rip this league a new one.

Jozy looks resigned to leaving (much as he did back in October) but will do his bit in the meantime.

They are more positive then most people would be at this point.

Management should be asked by the media to address this. The heretofore used "We're going to see." line isn't going to cut it. Somebody in the media needs to ask Manning point blank, "Do you want Seba & Jozy back in 2020?" Letting it simmer isn't going to help. Get the discussion's existance out in the open would be a good thing.

As for Bologna, if you think somebody in Impact land isn't beyond feeding Max Calcio stir the pot intel, you havn't been watching.
    Dude I know Max Calcio personally

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max Calcio is now the TFC insider.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair enough....I just don't trust anything to do with Joey Saputo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't replace Vazquez with a similar creative player, we're screwed. And Janson isn't that guy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Max Calcio is now the TFC insider.
    This.

Fair enough....I just don't trust anything to do with Joey Saputo.
    Totally fair. Nor should anyone. Max is Toronto living and Toronto supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bryan Ruiz just became a lot more realistic.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Bryan Ruiz just became a lot more realistic.
    This is true but I still think Seba should be taking that spot and we get another forward instead.

Ruiz is interesting. I don't like his age at all but he does seem durable.