Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO is becoming a poorly designed pitch compared to some of the new ones that are being built.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article 7: Administrators and Moderators
    The Administrators and Moderators are here to make your experience at the Red Patch Boys Forums an enjoyable one. They are here to make sure the rules are followed. Any comments towards the Forum Moderators or Administrators that suggest hate, contempt or any other form of abuse will not be tolerated and the offending member will be banned immediately and even expelled if the offense repeats itself.

-Jack
    Last edited by Jack; 03-29-2018 at 08:46 AM.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    So I guess rules only apply to a select few?

The rules apply to everyone and now they apply to you. Moderation is not a subject for discussion in threads.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/faq.php
    Article 7: Administrators and Moderators
    The Administrators and Moderators are here to make your experience at the Red Patch Boys Forums an enjoyable one. They are here to make sure the rules are followed. Any comments towards the Forum Moderators or Administrators that suggest hate, contempt or any other form of abuse will not be tolerated and the offending member will be banned immediately and even expelled if the offense repeats itself.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dreaddogs View Post
    BMO is becoming a poorly designed pitch compared to some of the new ones that are being built.
    It was built on the cheap and didn’t compare well with other SSSs right from the start.

I went to Toyota Park in Chicago in 2007 and could not believe the difference in gameday experience, amenities etc.

They made things a bit better in the 2015-16 reno, but it will always be a meccano set stadium.

But I'm fine. It's an SSS with the two things I care about, grass and good sightlines.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It was built on the cheap and didn’t compare well with other SSSs right from the start.

I went to Toyota Park in Chicago in 2007 and could not believe the difference in gameday experience, amenities etc.

They made things a bit better in the 2015-16 reno, but it will always be a meccano set stadium.

But I'm fine. It's an SSS with the two things I care about, grass and good sightlines.

What does Toyota have that BMO doesn't?

I went to the San Jose earthquakes stadium - not great. Their concession area is this open field - within the stadium grounds - and it's all food trucks.
    We went to a match when it was raining - not a good experience at all. Sight lines and general feel are similar to Stad Saputo (aka Stad Craputo) - small market.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    What does Toyota have that BMO doesn't?

I went to the San Jose earthquakes stadium - not great. Their concession area is this open field - within the stadium grounds - and it's all food trucks.
    We went to a match when it was raining - not a good experience at all. Sight lines and general feel are similar to Stad Saputo (aka Stad Craputo) - small market.
    Toyota Park has a flow I enjoyed getting in very near kickoff and then at half getting to facilities AND a pint.

BUT

Their PITCH has been sub par in the past few years. Nowadays they share with a womens team AND a gridiron and lacrosse league.

No wonder. Bullshit groundshare on Kentucky Bluegrass. Shame. It was beautiful for a time.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-29-2018 at 10:04 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post

The new one Avaya? The one with the long bar at north end?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The new one Avaya? The one with the long bar at north end?
    The scoreboard bar? ya that's the one.

Last edited by jabbronies; 03-29-2018 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

its our house. compared to watching the Lynx at Centennial Park, it was magnificent in 2007, even with turf