Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to see quintuple substitutions. Let's have some fun.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The five subs leaves lots of playing time for guys like Endoh, Richie, Achara and whoever loses their spot between Delgado and Osorio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like the schedule is up!

July 10th vs. DC United (8 pm)
    July 15th vs Montreal (8 pm)
    July 21st vs Revs (9 am)

All on TSN apparently.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up some vitamin D supplements. 1,000 IUs per tablet. Thanks to all for the advice.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on seasons tickets? They sure are taken their sweet time On this

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those thinking the league can play behind doors up here...maybe think again

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Over the coming weeks, we will be providing you with a few options to manage the credit on your account for the payments you have made to date for the 2020 season.
    You will have the choice to keep your money on account with MLSE and we will be providing you with a show of our appreciation for doing so (full details coming soon).
    Alternatively, you will also have the option of requesting a refund of your account credit.

Please note that at this time, no action is required – your account balance summary and further instructions will be emailed to you over the coming weeks and you will be able to make your selection at that time."

So I expected "the coming weeks" to not be more than a month and this was sent to us June 11th....anyone hear anything? Did I miss an email?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    So I expected "the coming weeks" to not be more than a month and this was sent to us June 11th....anyone hear anything? Did I miss an email?

Have not heard or seen anything....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nor have I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancel the tournament and the season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think MLSE is still waiting to see what the MLS plan is. But I doubt the games will have fans anyways.
    Unless they are giving a unique offer, not the same 5 percent BS the leafs and raptors ssh got, I dont see what the holdup is.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    I think MLSE is still waiting to see what the MLS plan is. But I doubt the games will have fans anyways.
    Unless they are giving a unique offer, not the same 5 percent BS the leafs and raptors ssh got, I dont see what the holdup is.
    they are probably waiting on the MLS plan (as had been said) but also how quickly Ontario moves forward in stages (in case there is a possibility of partial attendance allowed) — I personally don’t think the former will happen but since we are ahead of the US you never know
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the weekend, they had the NYC game at Toronto that many of us went to. Watching it made me squirm

In retrospect, one of the most dangerous things any of us have done the last few months.

They won't be opening stadiums to crowds for awhile - its the actual very last thing on the list put out by the province.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On the weekend, they had the NYC game at Toronto that many of us went to. Watching it made me squirm

In retrospect, one of the most dangerous things any of us have done the last few months.

They won't be opening stadiums to crowds for awhile - its the actual very last thing on the list put out by the province.
    That Exhibition GO tunnel though after the NYCFC match. If ever there was a place for a superspreader to hang out, it would be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edit: misread article

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happened to hear Seven Nation Army yesterday and was sadly reminiscing the half time highlight package they play on the scoreboard. This year sucks. But they really should get on with season ticket refunds. We're clearly not seeing another game this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I happened to hear Seven Nation Army yesterday and was sadly reminiscing the half time highlight package they play on the scoreboard. This year sucks. But they really should get on with season ticket refunds. We're clearly not seeing another game this year.

Especially considering that the city of Toronto has cancelled city permitted events until October there is a 0% chance of any fan being allowed inside BMO before next season. I wish the FO would just send out the email already. I have no issue rolling my payment into next year but I know that many people could use that money for much more important things like groceries or bills

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Especially considering that the city of Toronto has cancelled city permitted events until October there is a 0% chance of any fan being allowed inside BMO before next season. I wish the FO would just send out the email already. I have no issue rolling my payment into next year but I know that many people could use that money for much more important things like groceries or bills
    Agree 100%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wolfpack will be playing games this year, but none of them will be in Toronto in 2020. I really hope MLS pulls the plug on this year soon.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ain't attending any TFC event. I'm sure many are thinking the same as me. Even for day 1 pricing.. No thanks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Report Jays denied by Feds to play at home

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, gotta assume the Jays ruling will apply to the 3 canadian MLS teams.
    But what are our options?
    It's one thing to ask Bradley with a home and family here to be away for a month for the tourney, another to be away from home however long this season lasts.

Maybe we can just play Montreal and vancouver 4 times each, then move on to whatever playoff format they come up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Special invite (pay to play) to the CPL?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one thing that MLS has going for them in regards to Canada is each trip into a city is just one game, teams could fly in, play the game, flyout. It would be easier if all the games are played just in the conference. If easier TFC could play at the training ground and the visiting team could just land at Downsview.

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    So, gotta assume the Jays ruling will apply to the 3 canadian MLS teams.
    But what are our options?
    It's one thing to ask Bradley with a home and family here to be away for a month for the tourney, another to be away from home however long this season lasts.

Maybe we can just play Montreal and vancouver 4 times each, then move on to whatever playoff format they come up with.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teams would have to quarantine for 14 days upon entering Canada no?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think about a team with as much Covid among them as Dallas had when they landed in Orlando.

Now, think of them coming in here and then leaving - no thanks.

The only option that realistically can involve Canadian teams would be an NHL bubble approach with a proper 14 day quarantine in based in this country. I speculated already that MLSE has likely already developed this idea but I doubt US based teams would go for another such glorified tournament. Many of them seem to want the "cred" of being able to play league home games without fans.

I suspect MLS is going to choose to play US only this year, and not count it for trophies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah with the Jays news, no way we are getting another game at BMO this year. At least we managed to get one in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only option that realistically can involve Canadian teams would be an NHL bubble approach with a proper 14 day quarantine in based in this country. I speculated already that MLSE has likely already developed this idea but I doubt US based teams would go for another such glorified tournament. Many of them seem to want the "cred" of being able to play league home games without fans.
    Yeah, this seems like it would work [and maybe there'd even be a way to have the players bring their families with them (?)] There are enough stadiums around the GTA, or even just in Toronto, that it would be feasible.

But the buy-in from players might just be too high.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You fly in, play the game, fly out. All teams would be tested before the travel and anyone could only board with that negative test. I am sure The Canadian Government along with President Trump in partnership with Garber and company can work something out. Indy 11 had over 4,000 fans at their game last week, people were socially distanced, spread around the stadium. Thing people have to remember is Canadian can fly to the US right now, with no issue. Already looking at some Jays games in September, Yankees are talking about limited fans. Governor Cuomo will be taking no chances, he is as in line with Canadian values as they come when it comes to the pandemic.

Things will all change though if something goes sideways with the NHL hubs. I do wonder how quickly the feds will pull the plug if players start making their way to King St. West and pics of them partying it up on patios start surfacing.

Think about a team with as much Covid among them as Dallas had when they landed in Orlando.

I suspect MLS is going to choose to play US only this year, and not count it for trophies.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was also thinking of the Dallas and Nashville situations. Plus the other individual positives, inconclusive results, and all of that. I can't even imagine some of the MLS teams from better-managed states, wanting to fly to places like Florida and Texas to play. Or having those teams drop in to play on their home turf. Soccer is very different from baseball - way more prolonged & close contact. Plus MLS usually flies commercial.

(OK I don't even want to think about NFL right now.)

The way things are going with this tournament (not as bad as many had feared, I guess), and the US Covid situation (from bad to worse) could we imagine another MLS bubble tournament in September/October, leading into the playoffs?