Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default (Updated) Inebriatti group banned for good

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Following an incident in the stands at Toronto FC’s Canadian Championship match Wednesday night in Ottawa, Toronto FC President Bill Manning issued the following statement:

“The safety of our fans, employees and supporters is the highest priority for TFC. The events which took place in Ottawa last night involving TFC supporters were unacceptable and needlessly put the safety of others at risk. Due to the seriousness of this incident we are left with no choice but to suspend all recognized supporter group privileges indefinitely as we conduct a thorough review of TFC’s recognized supporter program. We are fully cooperating with the Ottawa Police Department as they investigate this incident and work to identify those responsible."
    official statement from the club.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 07-19-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone care to explain why people feels the need to do this?

EDIT - I mean why people feel the need to bring anything like that to a sporting event or behave in such a manner.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 07-19-2018 at 07:27 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Anyone care to explain why people feels the need to do this?
    I can't speak for the club, but it just MIGHT have something to do with this:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/poli...tfc-fury-fans/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does this mean for us though? Can we not go to games now?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yungoos View Post
    We can go to games, at BMO at least.
    No flags, no drums, no smoke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yungoos View Post
    All it means is no drums no flags no banners no capo stand and no megaphone basically no special privileges that SG's enjoyed before

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Official U-Sector statement:

Instead of focusing on the football today, we are discussing the selfish actions of a few. We support a strong vocal and visual show of support but when it is taken so far that it endangers the safety of fans,...
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the RPB official statement going to be?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    What is the RPB official statement going to be?
    Been out for a bit now but here.

From the start the Red Patch Boys have promoted a culture of active and passionate support for our team and soccer in Toronto and beyond. We have done this working with Toronto FC and the league to uphold and respect rules. We do not condone breaking of those rules nor any actions which prevent us from supporting in the stands. Our members are held responsible and accountable for actions representing our group, the team and city.
    While an investigation is ongoing by Toronto FC we are dismayed to learn that this will impact our ability to be 'the 12th man'.
    We hope for a quick resolution that allows us to continue with positivity - together for the Reds.

Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The statement added that all members of the visiting group were subjected to bag checks and security scans prior to entering the stadium and that "no fireworks or other devices were detected.""

LOL NO. There was no pat down. There was no metal detector. There was absolutely nothing.

Also, why is it all groups? As far as I know there were 3 RPB there and we weren't with the accused party. The USector members I said were also not standing with them. So?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    "The statement added that all members of the visiting group were subjected to bag checks and security scans prior to entering the stadium and that "no fireworks or other devices were detected.""

LOL NO. There was no pat down. There was no metal detector. There was absolutely nothing.

Also, why is it all groups? As far as I know there were 3 RPB there and we weren't with the accused party. The USector members I said were also not standing with them. So?
    From what I understand the only people on that side of the stadium were those who bought away tickets, thus all supporter/fans are being grouped in together. That side of the stadium was not even available for sale to the general public. So it’s pretty easy to pinpoint in a generalized way.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure that it's just all groups for now until they complete the investigation, find out who it was, and then the non-offending groups will be reinstated right away.

I don't think anyone should panic about it – I don't see RPB being affected long-term.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can only see one group's flags in the picture next to the fire. If no one else turns out to be implicated I'm sure the club will put two and two together. It sucks for us and for the team in the meantime.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I expect the police and club investigations to be done relatively quickly so it shouldn't have too much of an impact on the other SGs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    You can only see one group's flags in the picture next to the fire. If no one else turns out to be implicated I'm sure the club will put two and two together. It sucks for us and for the team in the meantime.
    I think they just lumped all the SGs together for fairness and to give the actual offenders an incentive and some time to do the right thing and come forward and resolve the issue. Just diplomacy. I don't expect it to last very long unless no one comes forward to accept blame.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think they just lumped all the SGs together for fairness and to give the actual offenders an incentive and some time to do the right thing and come forward and resolve the issue. Just diplomacy. I don't expect it to last very long unless no one comes forward to accept blame.
    No one will come forward,they didn't come forward after Montreal and Columbus,they wont do it this time either.

Problem is SG that did screwed up once again in their own words, it's not SG but "an idea" they all adhere.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Problem is SG that did screwed up once again in their own words, it's not SG but "an idea" they all adhere.
    Yeah the online defence of the behaviour basically amounts to "so what" followed by the usual "they do this in Europe" and "football without oooltras is nothing" tropes.

They also are trying to blame security for not stopping them earlier. Truly Trumpian.

Cosplay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one will come forward,they didn't come forward after Montreal and Columbus,they wont do it this time either.

Pretty sure TFC considered them an official supporters group as of right now.

https://www.torontofc.ca/supporters/inebriatti

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that’s easy. If you’re an idea you’re not a supporters group and can’t have privelages. Enough with people cherry picking things when they suit their needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mean to be rude or any offense, and not that I am making any connection between the 2 groups, but is it true that a significant number (about half or more) Inebriatti are former RPB members?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes there were a few , who needed a different path .......of hmm supporting , different strokes
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There goes our chances for safe standing then?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the Inebriatti statement from their Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bllebmjg...-by=inebriatti

Full statement
    "We have a further statement to offer regarding the events in Ottawa on July 18th:

We wish to clarify that the incidents which interrupted gameplay were unplanned and accidental. However, we fully understand that such incidents are not acceptable.
    We are taking internal steps to eliminate potentially dangerous and aggressive behavior - including renouncement of all unsanctioned usage of flares and smoke. Going forward, our focus will be public safety, to support the team and rebuild public trust.

We have communicated to the team that our behavior has not been good enough. Incidents that distract from gameplay are not acceptable and will no longer be tolerated.
    We will continue to offer full cooperation to the Front Office and any relevant investigation. All ensuing disciplinary action by the Front Office, related to events of July 18th , should be directed solely towards Inebriatti rather than all official supporter groups."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a refreshing change to see them own up, but my gut feeling is that this won't be the end of it and we will be seeing possible criminal charges to some individuals and probable group sanctions to the Inebriatti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I respect them for owning up to it, I didn't think they would. The line "All ensuing disciplinary action by the Front Office, related to events of July 18th , should be directed solely towards Inebriatti rather than all official supporter groups." won't change the past but it's certainly a step in the right direction

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Wednesday will be a "dark" day for all the supporter groups, with all privileges revoked - a show of strength by the team & to the CSA & CONCACAF while pointing out to the whole stadium that this group effed up. Given BMO is likely to be a World Cup site in 2026, the team will show it takes security seriously.

Then the hammer falls down hard on some people on Thursday with privileges revoked for a good long time while the rest of the groups carry on for Saturday.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I suspect Wednesday will be a "dark" day for all the supporter groups, with all privileges revoked - a show of strength by the team & to the CSA & CONCACAF while pointing out to the whole stadium that this group effed up. Given BMO is likely to be a World Cup site in 2026, the team will show it takes security seriously.

Then the hammer falls down hard on some people on Thursday with privileges revoked for a good long time while the rest of the groups carry on for Saturday.
    This was my thinking as well, all groups affected on Wednesday. Then the big sanctions come down on Thursday for the remainder of the season (if not longer).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While its all nice and dandy to own up to it after denying it was them, when you read it there is a cop out feel to it, what the heck is unplanned and accidental about the incident, said people smuggled, the flares, smoke, devices into the stadium and proceed to set them off knowing it was against the rules. The flare was thrown onto the field and some sort of explosive was set off. I feel this apology only came after being read the riot act and they thought they had to do something to save their asses. I hope the book is thrown at them. The incident was dangerous and we are lucking that no one was seriously hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's a refreshing change to see them own up, but my gut feeling is that this won't be the end of it and we will be seeing possible criminal charges to some individuals and probable group sanctions to the Inebriatti.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    I respect them for owning up to it, I didn't think they would. The line "All ensuing disciplinary action by the Front Office, related to events of July 18th , should be directed solely towards Inebriatti rather than all official supporter groups." won't change the past but it's certainly a step in the right direction