Page 37 of 98 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 2915
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth be told I can't remember the last time Molinaro was wrong on something or reported a rumour

I believe Molinaro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wheeler and Larson are both getting their info from the club. Molinaro isn't.

Plus it's not even really a denial. Molinaro's report says the clubs have agreed terms, not that he's signed yet. So TFC saying reports are premature is not really a cause for concern, I don't think.

Also I'm pretty sure we're batting 1.000 on signing players after we've had them watch a Raptors game. Happened for both Gilberto and Defoe. The Raptors are the key.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Wheeler and Larson are both getting their info from the club. Molinaro isn't.

Plus it's not even really a denial. Molinaro's report says the clubs have agreed terms, not that he's signed yet. So TFC saying reports are premature is not really a cause for concern, I don't think.

Also I'm pretty sure we're batting 1.000 on signing players after we've had them watch a Raptors game. Happened for both Gilberto and Defoe. The Raptors are the key.
    Drake is gonna call Moors Mom too

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only time molinaro has been wrong was early in the seba stuff last year but I think that was more due to disbelief that we could land a player like that.

In the end I think he ended up confirming the signing first.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree that Molinaro is a solid journo.

But TFC's denial is not a simple no comment .... it is possible that Molinaro has been burned (anybody here ever have someone they trust lie to them?)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Agree that Molinaro is a solid journo.

But TFC's denial is not a simple no comment .... it is possible that Molinaro has been burned (anybody here ever have someone they trust lie to them?)
    Think its semantics, Molinaro is prob right in saying TFC WILL sign Moor, TFC says no Moor hasnt signed (AT THIS POINT)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THink of Ben Tal Haim, remember his 'signing'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if this is true, we still need a proven keeper, a seriously Laba-esque stud DM, and a competent winger/outside midfielder to FINALLY be able to field a top tier team. Tons of work left to be done

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Even if this is true, we still need a proven keeper, a seriously Laba-esque stud DM, and a competent winger/outside midfielder to FINALLY be able to field a top tier team. Tons of work left to be done
    where do you put this winger? Who do you bench?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Drake is gonna call Moors Mom too
    Then Bez is gonna introduce her to LeBron.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    where do you put this winger? Who do you bench?
    I was thinking something along the lines of a 4-1-2-1-2 with 2 up top being Gio and Jozy, with the 1 behind them being Bradley, and the 2 behind him being Osorio and the new guy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately for all that, Cheyrou isn't going anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    THink of Ben Tal Haim, remember his 'signing'
    Club isn't allowed to call it a signing until it has league approval. Since he was a free agent with multiple bids, that likely isn't happening until after terms are agreed. So it won't be announced until next week, is my guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Unfortunately for all that, Cheyrou isn't going anywhere.
    Good. He's a good player. He's just aged. I'd use him as Bradley's backup.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Club isn't allowed to call it a signing until it has league approval. Since he was a free agent with multiple bids, that likely isn't happening until after terms are agreed. So it won't be announced until next week, is my guess.
    Yeah, I don't read too much into this. I also trust J-Mo.

Trying to parse non-denial denials and so on, is a one lane highway to crazytown.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed! If we get to the point where Cheyrou is a substitute, that is a damn good position to be in. Or trade him for a winger.

-----------Altidore - Giovinco---------
    -------------- Bradley-----------------
    ///////////// ------- Romero

--------------////////-----------------
    Morrow-Perquis-Moor-Beitahsour
    --------------/////////// -----------------

I'm not exactly pumped about the potential of Warner, Jackson, Osorio etc starting for this team. If Osorio or Cheyrou is in the starting 11 it's not a terrible thing. They can both move the ball well especially Benoit. I just don't know where Cheyrou would start. BTW I really like Cheyrou as a player. However would some of you guys agree he is more of a luxury we can't afford? I wonder if we could trade him for a player of need. Cheyrou to Montreal for Dukka/Romero?
    Last edited by Defoe; 12-12-2015 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Agreed! If we get to the point where Cheyrou is a substitute, that is a damn good position to be in. Or trade him for a winger.

-----------Altidore - Giovinco---------
    -------------- Bradley-----------------
    ///////////// ------- Romero

--------------////////-----------------
    Morrow-Perquis-Moor-Beitahsour
    --------------/////////// -----------------

I'm not exactly pumped about the potential of Warner, Jackson, Osorio etc starting for this team. If Osorio or Cheyrou is in the starting 11 it's not a terrible thing. They can both move the ball well especially Benoit. I just don't know here Cheyrou would start. BTW I really like Cheyrou as a player. However would some of posters agree he is more of a luxury we can't afford? I wonder if we could trade him for a player of need. Cheyrou to Montreal for Dukka/Romero?
    Yeah, Cheyrou to me is a little too slow for the type of DM we need. He just doesn't fit the mold of this team imo, which really sucks because he's one of my favourite ever TFC players.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Romero is a douch nozzle. Don't want him anywhere near this team.

Mapp however...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not pointing the finger at you in particular but not quite sure why so many people seem to think that it is suitable to deploy just one winger. Play with wingers on either side or don't play that game at all. It's unbalanced, and doesn't promote cohesion. Teams need the mid to all be pulling in the same direction. This team is built to play narrow, Vanney just needs to embrace that identity...or move Seba out wide.

As for the Moor confusion, I share the sentiments of others. John has never given us reason to doubt him, so I won't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Awesome pickup. TFC proving their direction early. Probably a Manning thing.

Are people forgetting our two GKs are Q and Bono? I think their next focus should be between the sticks.
    Neither of those guys is ready to be an everyday MLS starter at this point. From what I saw this year Q is one for the future and Bono looked to be a speculative use of a draft pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    The issue is this league is slow as hell to push through its paperwork. Shit takes forever to announce for seemingly no reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moor and Beitashour are considerable upgrades on the backline. Assuming the reports are valid, the off season is off to a very encouraging start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason people want a winger is because we could play 4-3-3 with Seba on the left, we have Lovitz as depth in the position and Osorio can play wide as can Delgado (though I hate him out wide) and Herc

We just want a winger that can make the 18 and provide a tactical option that we obviously lacked last season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Not pointing the finger at you in particular but not quite sure why so many people seem to think that it is suitable to deploy just one winger. Play with wingers on either side or don't play that game at all. It's unbalanced, and doesn't promote cohesion. Teams need the mid to all be pulling in the same direction. This team is built to play narrow, Vanney just needs to embrace that identity...or move Seba out wide.

As for the Moor confusion, I share the sentiments of others. John has never given us reason to doubt him, so I won't.
    I want to add one more winger so we can play him and Osorio as wingers. My post was about what kind of personnel we still need to attain, I would never in my life want to play with just 1 winger lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As per Bono's Twitter him and Chapman are off to Valencia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The issue is this league is slow as hell to push through its paperwork. Shit takes forever to announce for seemingly no reason.
    Yea, we arent the only team in this boat. Pappa has been traded to Colorado for like 24hrs and still no announcement.

Something must be up at MLS HQ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    As per Bono's Twitter him and Chapman are off to Valencia
    They are flying to Valencia.

Training with Elche

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yea, we arent the only team in this boat. Pappa has been traded to Colorado for like 24hrs and still no announcement.

Monday or Tuesday - get ducks in a row and then announce, possibly with a Bez availability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

Pappa to Colorado is a great pickup, they needed offense and he's great at creating chances, wish we would have taken a shot at him.