Page 82 of 193 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I wouldn't be too disappointed with those numbers either. If we could have paired him with a true gamebreaking forward like Woot Weghorst and I'd have been pretty happy.
    too bad we're only pairing him with Lorenzo LOL

this front line is pretty class - we just need some defense!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine if we had Mullinho still.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    I do everyday...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    This is good news. Time to invest in a quality physio and fitness team.

feels like this should have been address in 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I feel like his performance got destroyed by the pandemic. 2020 preseason he was a beasts, scoring in almost every game I think. First game in 2020, he was dominant, scored the disallowed goal, then scored the winner. Then covid hit, he got injured and was out for a year,and has been pretty meh ever since. Would've loved to see how he would've been in early 2020 with an extended run at his peak.

i agree. hasn't got fair chance this year i believe.

doesnt look good for him unfortunately now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or at least we still had the "Best finisher in the modern era" .

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    feels like this should have been address in 2018
    It was. Vanney's crew bailed when he left and we got the ones Armas brought in. Equally inept.

Surely there must be good ones around.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    they wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the pozuelo trade without having a replacement finalized (you would think/hope).
    Probably everything but the medical and the streamed signing thing + holding up the jersey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

been a very quiet day considering transfer window just opened dont know if thats a good thing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    been a very quiet day considering transfer window just opened dont know if thats a good thing
    I realize it’s day one of a month, but contracts can be negotiated six months before they end. This is a bit disconcerting so far, as if they haven’t closed anything other than LI and Criscito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    We did announce the trade of one our DPs today. They aren't gonna do that without knowing our buddy Bernie is coming very soon. Worst case scenario, Bernardeschi turns us down and we shift to Lingard. MLSE does spoil us to the point we can just randomly sign players from Juventus and Man U.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I realize it’s day one of a month, but contracts can be negotiated six months before they end. This is a bit disconcerting so far, as if they haven’t closed anything other than LI and Criscito.
    Bernie was a more recent signing so if the report of his medical are true then they'll either announce him tomorrow or more likely Saturday. They hyped that pre-match shindig to welcome Insigne & Criscito as official ready to play players this Saturday and without Insigne they'll need something for PR and he would be it. If there's one thing the TFC brass are really into, it's running promo features.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Bernie was a more recent signing so if the report of his medical are true then they'll either announce him tomorrow or more likely Saturday. They hyped that pre-match shindig to welcome Insigne & Criscito as official ready to play players this Saturday and without Insigne they'll need something for PR and he would be it. If there's one thing the TFC brass are really into, it's running promo features.
    He’s less the issue for me than a right fullback.

I really suspect they have no one signed yet there or as a DM.

They’ve left it because they wanted to see how close to starting the kids were.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He’s less the issue for me than a right fullback.

I really suspect they have no one signed yet there or as a DM.

They’ve left it because they wanted to see how close to starting the kids were.
    Verdict being that no, the kids are not as ready as we thought they would be? Only ones that look somewhat ready are Akinola and Priso.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    Last year was a write off, I won’t judge anyone from TFC after the debacle of a season. You can’t take out the PKs as it’s not guaranteed goal. BTW Poz has the best pk conversion of any tfc player ever. Play poz in his natural 10 position and he contends for mvp every year. But why not compare him to his mvp season or any of Seba’s seasons or when jozy was healthy. My point those are tam level stats period.
    You don’t judge a player on stats alone , there are many intangibles, you my friend are going to learn a lesson in assessing a footballers true value. What you are missing is something in sport called “class” Berna is class. If I told you that we will be getting an attacker that scored 7 goals in 58 games for Torino in the Serie A would you be happy? We’ll those were Josef Martinez stats before he set this league ablaze with Atlanta, Berna had 14 goals in 72 games with Fiorentina. It’s going to be fun watching Berna and Insigne rip this “low class” league apart. When you play 5 years at Juventus and have 39 caps for a country that has won 4 world cups you have “class”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Verdict being that no, the kids are not as ready as we thought they would be? Only ones that look somewhat ready are Akinola and Priso.
    I think Petrasso made himself a viable backup at LB. Nelson (as much as I hate his decision making) and Kosi probably earned themselves bench minutes aswell. Not exactly what most hyped them up to be, but there is value in pacey replacements in a 5 substitutes world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    He loves doing this. Remember when we signed him and he kept posting that he was leaving Tigres on twitter long before the deal was final?

I suspect this transfer will take time. I've noticed that Liga MX transfers are never straight forward.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    We did announce the trade of one our DPs today. They aren't gonna do that without knowing our buddy Bernie is coming very soon. Worst case scenario, Bernardeschi turns us down and we shift to Lingard. MLSE does spoil us to the point we can just randomly sign players from Juventus and Man U.
    To be honest, I know i shit on Manning but i was once told “hope is not a strategy”. If FB is not locked down, we have played our cards. Doesn’t mean it isn’t going to happen but all the power just shifted, I would have thought we would have had a statement today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've not seen much of Bernardeschi, either, but I do suspect some of the people writing him off having not seen him are pretty wildly under estimating the insane skill level gap between MLS and Serie A. This is a guy with pedigree on paper, and as others have pointed out, Martinez had worse stats and is one of the best strikers the leagues ever seen - very likely the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    I've not seen much of Bernardeschi, either, but I do suspect some of the people writing him off having not seen him are pretty wildly under estimating the insane skill level gap between MLS and Serie A. This is a guy with pedigree on paper, and as others have pointed out, Martinez had worse stats and is one of the best strikers the leagues ever seen - very likely the best.
    Martinez was a pure winger at Torino. They moved him to striker ala Thierry Henry at Arsenal and he was a different player.

Having made that pedantic point, Serie A’s slope-averaged FIFA score last I checked was about 63.0, while MLS was about 39.0. Since these are ranked on a combination of performance indicators, it basically suggests it’s almost twice as difficult.

(We were almost the same score as the Championship last year, which was a 44, and we were equivalent (39) to the Danish League and the Swiss Super League).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are right.. he’s class that can’t get an offer in Europe in his prime… no team in CL offered him a contract even close to what we offered him. He priced himself out of the market based on he played at Juve and won euro as he was on 4 million euros net. So yeah I think people that have more knowledge about him see what I see.

he played with the following players in no particular order. Chiesa, Dybala, Ronaldo, Higuain, Valhovic. And he got 12 goals and 24 assists in 183 games over 5 years. I’m not saying he won’t be a good addition to this team. All I’m saying is a lot of you guys think just because he’s coming to the MLS he’s going to cake walk through this league. I know a few players who came from Europe that played in this league and they all told me this league is a lot more difficult then the average fan thinks.

remember these players are coming from leagues and teams were the skill and tactical knowledge are ingrained in them since they were a kid. They come here the skill is lower and the tactical knowledge is lower and is a lot more physical. It’s a very difficult change for a lot of players and not all of them can adept. Not to talk about travel or playing surfaces.

In a perfect world he would be an ideal TAM signing (meaning he would be the 4th-6th highest paid player on the team) but this league is not at the point with the salary cap
    Last edited by TheGoodson; 07-07-2022 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest, I know i shit on Manning but i was once told “hope is not a strategy”. If FB is not locked down, we have played our cards. Doesn’t mean it isn’t going to happen but all the power just shifted, I would have thought we would have had a statement today.
    Michael Singh reported the Bernardeschi signing was the domino that had to fall for the Pozuelo trade to occur. Its not on twitter but all indications are the deal is done. Maybe he's in line to get his passport renewed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a perfect world he would be an ideal TAM signing (meaning he would be the 4th-6th highest paid player on the team) but this league is not at the point with the salary cap
    He would be an ideal TAM player because he would be an absolute steal at 1.6 per year on a free. We will never, ever get a Juve player on a free for TAM wages. He can get more than 1.6 at any one of a dozen teams.

This idea some fans have that there are magical TAM fairies that will find you class players with no question marks for TAM wages is laughable. We can't even get top players with no question marks for DP wages. Every one who comes to MLS comes with questions.

We will know very soon if bernardeschi is worth it or not. I very much hope he is, because he is ours now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are right.. he’s class that can’t get an offer in Europe in his prime… no team in CL offered him a contract even close to what we offered him. He priced himself out of the market based on he played at Juve and won euro as he was on 4 million euros net. So yeah I think people that have more knowledge about him see what I see.

he played with the following players in no particular order. Chiesa, Dybala, Ronaldo, Higuain, Valhovic. And he got 12 goals and 24 assists in 183 games over 5 years. I’m not saying he won’t be a good addition to this team. All I’m saying is a lot of you guys think just because he’s coming to the MLS he’s going to cake walk through this league. I know a few players who came from Europe that played in this league and they all told me this league is a lot more difficult then the average fan thinks.

remember these players are coming from leagues and teams were the skill and tactical knowledge are ingrained in them since they were a kid. They come here the skill is lower and the tactical knowledge is lower and is a lot more physical. It’s a very difficult change for a lot of players and not all of them can adept. Not to talk about travel or playing surfaces.

At this point it doesn't matter if you think he is a DP or a TAM. He is very likely a TFC player and we need to cheer for the boys. Debate his contract if you want, but I want Federico Bernardeschi to be the best player we have ever had and win 10 MLS Cups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    He would be an ideal TAM player because he would be an absolute steal at 1.6 per year on a free. We will never, ever get a Juve player on a free for TAM wages. He can get more than 1.6 at any one of a dozen teams.

This idea some fans have that there are magical TAM fairies that will find you class players with no question marks for TAM wages is laughable. We can't even get top players with no question marks for DP wages. Every one who comes to MLS comes with questions.

We will know very soon if bernardeschi is worth it or not. I very much hope he is, because he is ours now.
    you missed the point. The gist is he should not be the second highest paid player on the team between 4-6th highest sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    At this point it doesn't matter if you think he is a DP or a TAM. He is very likely a TFC player and we need to cheer for the boys. Debate his contract if you want, but I want Federico Bernardeschi to be the best player we have ever had and win 10 MLS Cups.
    Well said ! Now let’s critique after he starts playing, not before he’s even touched a ball

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba was paid more then any Italian when he signed with us, you don’t think a CL team would pay Berna 3 million? Berna and Insigne are here for the money plain and simple, and your making me laugh telling everyone on this site that players coming to MLS are having trouble adjusting to the lower skill in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Napoli offered him 2.5M (I have no idea if this is net or gross). He wanted 3M. We're offering him something like 6/7M. Even with the tax differences, we're backing up the Brinks truck for him. (USD and EUR are about equal at the moment)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Well said ! Now let’s critique after he starts playing, not before he’s even touched a ball
    We are all here for the same purpose. To see our favorite team win and add stars to the jersey. The 11 to 16 lads who play each game need to be your favorite 11-16 players that day. I don't care if that is Federico Bernardeschi or Alex Bono. We want to be happy, not right.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what let's go through this thought exercise then, because apparently naming people who exist on a team with a player is 100% the best way to determine whether that player should have scored more goals or not.

Giovinco played with Andrea Pirlo, Carlos Tevez, Paul Pogba, Arturo Vidal, etc, etc. Should've scored more goals/had more assists with Juve.

Josef Martinez played with Andrea Belotti, Daniele Baselli, Iago Falque, and Adem Ljajic, amongst others. Should've scored more goals/had more assists at Torino.

Do I need any more examples of how stupid listing some players someone played with doesn't make you right? No mention of role or what that player's situation was, just... sheer, utter, valueless drivel?
    Last edited by Yuushalinsky; 07-07-2022 at 06:12 PM.