Page 145 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 4,321 to 4,350 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Agree, say what you want about MLS, it is a faster (youth), although technically weaker than most/all of the other top 10 leagues. The problem with bringing in potentially slower veterans, their advanced skills and football IQ cannot be showcased because they may need the skilled teammates to hand off to. Just my thoughts, I agree if we are going big, lets try to find both of these attributes in who we target.
    Agreed. I think there are guys who can be really successful in MLS leaning on skills and IQ. Victor Vazquez for example. The issue is when you have too many of those guys out there next to each other. Especially if you're going to get rid of the runners like Delgado and Laryea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Anyone else at the point where they just want Soteldo gone?
    Totally get your point but it is kinda weird. Imagine your boss came to you and said "hey its not working out. we want you to move to Mexico to work for a different specific company. Negotiate your contract, but do it quickly, and don't ask for extra money." Its a pretty weird situation. If I were Soteldo I'd be looking for as much compensation possible as I'm giving up alot even if its a good footballing situation. I certainly wouldn't be concerned with playing nice with TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure it was posted, but this could be huge. Guys like Auro and Mavinga may no longer count as internationals.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Not sure it was posted, but this could be huge. Guys like Auro and Mavinga may no longer count as internationals.

There's a down side as well as it basically eliminates internationals so you could theoretically field an all international roster in a couple years time. Not necessarily good for development.

They should couple this with the suggested rule to not count homegrowns against the cap forever. At least have some balance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I would be surprised if he wanted to come to Toronto given the way the under 20 world cup ended for Chile in Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    Totally get your point but it is kinda weird. Imagine your boss came to you and said "hey its not working out. we want you to move to Mexico to work for a different specific company. Negotiate your contract, but do it quickly, and don't ask for extra money." Its a pretty weird situation. If I were Soteldo I'd be looking for as much compensation possible as I'm giving up alot even if its a good footballing situation. I certainly wouldn't be concerned with playing nice with TFC.
    Yeah, that's fair. Part of me thinks we overpaid him in the first place so it kinda pisses me off he's holding things up looking for more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There's a down side as well as it basically eliminates internationals so you could theoretically field an all international roster in a couple years time. Not necessarily good for development.

They should couple this with the suggested rule to not count homegrowns against the cap forever. At least have some balance.
    Something about Lorenzo Insigne and Mimmo Criscito counting as a domestic player in 2023 is hilarious to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else at the point where they just want Soteldo gone?
    I've said before that I think Soteldo is the reason we haven't bought out Jozy yet. If we can only ditch one of the two I think they will decide to buy out Yefe and hope that Jozy can play a few games to cover the first half of the season.

Unlikely, but the pieces fit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I would be surprised if he wanted to come to Toronto given the way the under 20 world cup ended for Chile in Toronto
    Poor Condorito.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Just did a refresh review... meh... hard pass... guys only got over twenty NTL & CLUB Cups to his career.
    Yeah just stick to the Mullins and Dom Dwyer types

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by woolly View Post
    I've said before that I think Soteldo is the reason we haven't bought out Jozy yet. If we can only ditch one of the two I think they will decide to buy out Yefe and hope that Jozy can play a few games to cover the first half of the season.

Unlikely, but the pieces fit.
    That would be an absolute inditement of MLS’s bizarre rules if it happened. I doubt it would though, as Yefe should still has value in the market. The issue is we paid him too much in salary and now have to fix that because no Mexican and Brazilian club will match those wages.

Altidore comparably is just dead weight salary. Someone would give him a contract for maybe 30% of his current wages but nobody is going to pay any sort of fee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Poor Condorito.
    Certainly would add a fun and kid friendly component to TFC marketing and merchandising... although queue likely jeers of cultural appropriation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny, I find MLS really slow. Players aren't slow, but the ball movement is. You can really see the difference when we play teams from Mexico who move the ball so much faster.

That's exactly what i was saying, if he doesn't have someone skilled near him or cannot take a pass cleanly, one of his biggest advantages is diminished even with amazing IQ, I love Vidal but I cannot see him fitting in with us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we bought out Soteldo it would be maybe the second dumbest financial move we've ever made. Buying out a player with resale value, so you can actually recoup some $$ and offload their contract, is insane. The last resort here would be moving him on a free just to offload the contract which would save us alot of money and a buy out spot and shouldn't be difficult to do for a player like himself. If we get to a point where we even consider buying him out that's a sign of absolutely grossly incompetent management still happening at our club long after Ali Curtis has left us and would be a sign that he was not 100% of the problem

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any updates on Kemar Lawrence or is that on hold until he gets back from WCQs?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor Condorito.
    For those who don't recall the reference

“What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that you giving the finger at the beginning Ensco?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was that you giving the finger at the beginning Ensco?
    It can now be revealed.

I. am. Condorito.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely forgot that Stark had to sprint off the filed. He made MLS refs look competent that day. What a game that was-Chile deserved better. Would be great to host that tourney again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vidal would be a disaster… he would probably spend more time on king st or yorkville at the bar then on the pitch

he wrecked his Ferrari while at juve and had issues with his national team if I remember correctly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah just on a personal level I have no interest in seeing a drunk driver who allegedly abused their position to avoid punishment for what is one of the most selfish things anyone can do anywhere near a team I support. I don't care how good he is or isn't these days.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Yeah just on a personal level I have no interest in seeing a drunk driver who allegedly abused their position to avoid punishment for what is one of the most selfish things anyone can do anywhere near a team I support. I don't care how good he is or isn't these days.

But enough about a certain former Orlando CanMNT....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    But enough about a certain former Orlando CanMNT....
    Definitely a valid point. If you don't want Vidal here because of that, Cyle Larin should also be a no.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atiba!

https://twitter.com/ThomasNef/status/1486494024806641665?s=20

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/ThomasNef

I'm told by source in Turkey that Atiba Hutchinson wants to come back home to play. Toronto FC are interested in making that happen. #CanMNT #TFCLive #Besiktas

https://twitter.com/djcuse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone who is complaining about Criscito being old will hate this. Or is it all about the passport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC's roster construction is all about being under 20 or over 30.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is starting for Besiktas he can play anywhere in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he is starting for Besiktas he can play anywhere in MLS.
    He has become a bench player for Besiktas. Hasn't played a full 90 minutes in months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hes not starting for them...Ive watched besiktas games this season and hes become a liability defensively and they paid the price multiple times...recently they played him higher so its not as dangerous defensively...but it would just get more difficult physically for him in mls with travel, synthetic fields, physical play...when was the last time an mls team brought a midfielder at 39-40? lol