Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    yeah, that's right. we got him because we planned on trading him the second he's fit. Never mind the fact that we only had one right back
    Stinson has shown that he can sub in and play back up as a RB. In fact I believe he played that position in College and got a game in that role during the Olympic qualifying.

Plus considering the salary cap constraints we have right now and the weekness at the CB position its tough to keep $130-150k on the bench as a backup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, then why did we get him? Nothing in the RB position has changed since we got him. Also apparently he's two footed so he could back up LB as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We traded a 2nd round pick for him late last year because we weren't sure if we were going to be able to keep ecks or not. In an ideal world it's good to have 2 guys like this fighting for 1 position. But in the cap constrained world we live in I could see us trading him for allocation ($130k plus the allocation), dropping aceval (great boot but too slow for this league; $70kish), and bringing in a true #1 CB (with the equivilant of $200-$250k annual salary). Our back four would look like:

1st team -> Ecks ---- New CB ---- Cann/Henry ---- Morgan
    2nd team -> Stinson --- Henry/Cann --- Maund --- Emory

With Williams as a wait and see.

I think we're 1 solid vetern CB away from having a decent enough squad to do some damage in the table.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Ok, then why did we get him? Nothing in the RB position has changed since we got him. Also apparently he's two footed so he could back up LB as well
    Why did we get a lot of the players on our roster? Outside of the dutch/german connections I have absolutely no idea who's pulling the strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KGH View Post
    I think we're 1 solid vetern CB away from having a decent enough squad to do some damage in the table.
    The squad does do damage... to itself. One of the lines we've heard over this horror show of a season is that the team is better than its 0-9 record. The cynic would likely say: "If they're better than 0-9, then they wouldn't be 0-9."

I'd venture that it's true that the team is better than 0-9, which makes for a damning statement on Aron Winter that he can't get the best out of the players available. The players are mentally broken as a group, although no one at TFC would ever say so. Regardless of what happens in the Canadian Championship (a win might buy Winter a few more games), Winter has to go. And for me to believe that 100% is a pretty big deal as I haven't been quick to turn on our coaches.

Mo Johnston: Though we finished last, I was new at following football at the time and thought the end result was pretty typical for an expansion team (based on other sports).

John Carver: I grew really tired of his blaming the referees, but that's about it.

Chris Cummins: The only other coach that I thought had to go. The 2009 team was the most talented TFC ever fielded (as in talented individual players) but Cummins couldn't coax the level of team performance that could be expected of these individuals, culminating in the 5-0 self-defecation in New York to miss the playoffs.

Preki: Say what you will about all the claims that he didn't know what he was doing tactically, he was a douche with everyone, he was egotistical, he found players in the most random places (someone once called them an Eastern European riff-raff), etc. how fair is it that he only got three-quarters of a season?

Nick Dasovic: Really bland approach to everything, made the best of the situation with plumber players who really weren't talented enough for anything other than Prekiball.

Aron Winter: Seemed like he was onto something in the closing stages of 2011 and the opening of 2012. True, a lot of factors conspired to give the team a poor hand (Eckersley, Plata and DK not playing up to last year's performances, Caicedo crapping out, Aceval being crap, Frings being injured in the MLS opener, etc.) but a true leader would find a way to overcome that.

I understand that ownership is really committed to less turnover and sticking with a vision (I believe that's the way to go) but has it been too long? The team has been losing way too much for far too long, I fear that losing has become a culture because nothing has changed under Winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we'll win against Vancouver tomorrow. But, I have to wonder, has any team ever started a season 0-9 and been one player away from respectability?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we're also one card short of a full deck.

Or perhaps one brick short of a load?

Or only one banana short of a fruit salad? One clown short of a circus?

Anyway, it's all OK, because according to AW, we were the better team vs DC. http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...s-finale-ahead

I liked one of the comments below the article:

Well I think that makes 9 out of 9. 9 times that Winter has judged TFC to be the better team in the game. If only we can stop keeping track of those pesky goal things and get some figure skating style judging... with Winter the only judge.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 05-22-2012 at 11:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I like the way he seems to think the other teams are playing the best they possibly can and not simply just good enough to win against us, as if they couldn't step it up another notch if we accidently scored first....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Vancouver. I don't care what the context is. I want to see TFC beat Vancouver. Simple as that.
    The image of Montreal winning the cup at BMO and Adam Fucking Braz jumping around with it is still in my memory. I don't like that memory. I don't want to add another memory of an opponent winning the cup at BMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stinson has shown that he can sub in and play back up as a RB. In fact I believe he played that position in College and got a game in that role during the Olympic qualifying.

Plus considering the salary cap constraints we have right now and the weekness at the CB position its tough to keep $130-150k on the bench as a backup.
    Stinson has been crap at RB, esp in Olympic Qualifying. Worse than Hall this year at RB
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

What an idiot. You know, the motivation thing works the other way too. Are these idiots not capable of keeping their mouths closed?

It's kinda like playing poker. Showing your hand after a bluff is very rarely a good idea but people let their egos run their play and eventually get burned.

I hate when fans pull this shit to, like when Beckham had the beer and shit thrown at him at the skydome this year. Piss the guy off and put a fire under his ass so that he plays that little bit better. Same play he drops a corner kick into the box with a scramble ending with Donvan scoring.

Players like Beckham and Dero and Donovan show up for almost every game with enough personal motivation that you don't really need to fuel their fire anymore and get them even more determined/focused.

Beckham turned around after that goal and rubbed it into the entire sections face.

I'm a bit superstitious when it comes to sports as well and in my opinion its just bad karma to do this shit, its like commentators saying "well looks like Frei will get his first shut out of the year" with 5 minutes left to play.

Just shut up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto Fight Club

Arash Madani ‏@ArashMadani
    Caan on Koevermans quote: "Actions speak louder than words. If u r going to say something like that, do something about it." #TorontoFC #TFC
    Um, Adrian, I believe he did. He scored a goal even though he didn't start, and only played in the 2nd half. He also didn't drop his marker & let a goal in. Wish we could say the same for you & your backline buddies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of negativity going on with TFC players: Danny Kovermans and Adrian Cann:

Danny Kovermans:

Koevermans didn't back down from his comment that #TFC is "the worst team in the world." Said DK: "Name me another 0-9 team in the world."

https://twitter.com/#!/ArashMadani/s...74140124434432

Adrian Cann:

Caan on Koevermans quote: "Actions speak louder than words. If u r going to say something like that, do something about it." #TorontoFC #TFC

https://twitter.com/#!/ArashMadani/s...77884039876608

MAN THIS IS NOT GOOD. GOD HELP US.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have full confidence we'll win this game because its a weekday game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's all sorts of quotes being posted on his twitter.

What the fuck is going on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Danny & Adrian spat being discussed in this thread: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showth...out-Koevermans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so what sould we do if we do not win on wednesday cause even if we we win I still want mlse gone from toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    so what sould we do if we do not win on wednesday cause even if we we win I still want mlse gone from toronto
    We should hope we win till then. Sorry about your luck about MLSE.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nascarguy View Post
    Well, although the MLSE entity will remain intact, the ownership group is still changing hands regardless of what transpires tomorrow or the rest of the season. I am hoping that will be the silver lining of the black cloud that this season has turned into.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carl Robinson & JDM being all classy & shit with their latest pre-game comments about TFC...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, given experiences when there's been drama over the past year and a bit, I'm concerned that Winter may not start Koevermanns tomorrow. Which would be a pity.

For the first time in a while, I would like to see the guys that can control the ball a bit (like Soolsma, Koevermans) start the game. Coming back from injury, they may not be good for the full 90. At the 60th or 75th minute, put in a guy like Plata, who may have better luck running at tired defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Unfortunately, given experiences when there's been drama over the past year and a bit, I'm concerned that Winter may not start Koevermanns tomorrow. Which would be a pity.

For the first time in a while, I would like to see the guys that can control the ball a bit (like Soolsma, Koevermans) start the game. Coming back from injury, they may not be good for the full 90. At the 60th or 75th minute, put in a guy like Plata, who may have better luck running at tired defenders.
    There is no other choice than starting the dutch boys. It must happen. I totally agree with the Plata move too.

If Winter fails at this than he does not bleed red, or oranje.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Carl Robinson & JDM being all classy & shit with their latest pre-game comments about TFC...
    Link? I can't find shit on my phone
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Link? I can't find shit on my phone
    From John Molinaro's Twitter, 3 hours ago:

DeMerit: "I don’t think they’re an 0-9 team. I think they're a very good team that sometimes the ball hasn't bounced their way." #TFC
    Carl Robinson: "I have fond memories. I had a great time here. I met a lot of good friends here. ... I hold the club in high esteem." #TFC
    More Robo: "You don’t wish it on any player or manager. ... I’m sure their luck will turn around sooner rather than later." #TFC

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

From John Molinaro's Twitter, 3 hours ago:
    Thanks.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though we have away goal, I don't think that will be enough for us to win this game tomorrow especially with all drama behind the scenes. I except this game will end up as a draw or loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire the positivity but I'm surprised at what little respect Vancouver are getting on this thread given they are 18 points ahead of us in the MLS. I'd say our chances of getting a result we need are 50-50 at best

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just took a gander over at the Southsiders site to see what they're saying. Of course, they have a whole thread devoted to our misfortunes. Man, how I'd love to win tomorrow and shut them up for another year (well, at least in regards to the ACC)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know, if tied after 90 minutes tomorrow is it 30 minutes plus a shoot out?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Does anyone know, if tied after 90 minutes tomorrow is it 30 minutes plus a shoot out?
    During the final series, if both clubs are level on aggregate over the two games, the "Away Goals" rule will be used to determine the series winner (ie: the club that scores the most goals on the road over the two games). If the "Away Goals" rule does not produce a result (ie: both teams have scored the same number of goals at home and away), then two 15-minute periods of extra time will be played at the end of the second leg.
    If, during extra time, both teams score the same number of goals, the visiting team will win the series on the strength of the number of "Away Goals" they have scored in the extra-time period. If no goals are scored during extra time, the series will then be determined with a penalty shootout.

from mlssoccer.com