Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just be happy we are not facing a trip to Denver and a scramble for one of the 500 or so available tickets in an 18K stadium.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Just be happy we are not facing a trip to Denver and a scramble for one of the 500 or so available tickets in an 18K stadium.
    Saying things could be worse does not preclude expecting them to be better and being upset when they do not live up to those expectations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Sure, and then next time we can just be happy half of SSH get seats. And the next none.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Saying things could be worse does not preclude expecting them to be better and being upset when they do not live up to those expectations
    I'm sooooo sick of hearing people say that. Thankfully there are also some more supportive people on the board who get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got our sec120 and row but had to shift over one seat to the right. Immediately texted apologies to the guy whose seat we shifted only to find out he couldn't select his seat, at an earlier timeslot, and had to do best available in the East stands. ALL, except 2, of our "neighbours" could NOT get their seats. One couple in same section but several rows up & seats over.

Mods: can we open a seat swap thread? Like straight swap, no extra $. Maybe some "best available" buyers could get at least their sec/row, or closer to it.

*Duh. Added the NOT.
    Last edited by Eleven; 12-02-2016 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I'm sooooo sick of hearing people say that. Thankfully there are also some more supportive people on the board who get it.
    I wasn't even affected.
    Thankfully I'm in the Southend... but it's called Empathy!
    If I was kicked out of my seats, I'd be royally pissed.
    So I understand & empathize with those that have been.

This has been a major fuck-up by MLS.
    People are already seeing their regular season seats that they weren't able to buy appear on stubhub for 4-5 times the price.

It's shameful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    We got our sec120 and row but had to shift over one seat to the right. Immediately texted apologies to the guy whose seat we shifted only to find out he couldn't select his seat, at an earlier timeslot, and had to do best available in the East stands. ALL, except 2, of our "neighbours" could get their seats. One couple in same section but several rows up & seats over.

Mods: can we open a seat swap thread? Like straight swap, no extra $. Maybe some "best available" buyers could get at least their sec/row, or closer to it.
    I think that's a great idea, I was just going to suggest something similar.
    Perhaps there is a chance that some of us have ended up buying each other's seats or would be willing to trade with someone who may have seats very close to our originals. Just a thought that if anyone on hear really wants their original seats they could post which ones they are and if someone else on here has them perhaps a trade would be possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People are already seeing their regular season seats that they weren't able to buy appear on stubhub for 4-5 times the price.

It's shameful.
    While I certainly don't expect an explanation for this happening, I really don't understand how, aside from MLS using the seat for VIPs/teams/family/sponsors, some current SSHs were forced to go through the TM process and in the end get their regular seats. Or, even worse, see their regular seats being sold on StubHub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not a SSH.
    This means I do not expect to be able to procure any tix for this game, despite 10 years of support. That's the breaks.
    That being said, I find it outrageous SSH are having difficulty securing their seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a great idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For real? That's so fucking shitty. Fuck the people that bought them to make money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Brad. I've got so many people asking me for tickets I'm gonna try my luck but not making any promises.

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    I suspect odds of getting these in general sale are going to be very, very low.

There is probably around 13-14k left once you take out the SSH tickets, MLS cut & Seattle. TFC and sponsors likely have another allocation out of that. Sounds like there is an SSH presale happening as well. You can bet that however many get allocated for SSH's to pick will all get snapped up, if only to put on Stubhub and make a mint.

Some will get held back for general sale. 4-5k is a pretty good bet, but people are going to be battling the scalper bot nets for those....and we know who generally wins there...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    While I certainly don't expect an explanation for this happening, I really don't understand how, aside from MLS using the seat for VIPs/teams/family/sponsors, some current SSHs were forced to go through the TM process and in the end get their regular seats. Or, even worse, see their regular seats being sold on StubHub.
    Some season seat holders are scalpers. So when there time slot came up, they just bought best available and are now scalping them.

Also some SSH are not as invested in the team as they are in money and are cashing in using the same method as above.
    RPB Road Warrior. DC United 9/29/07, Columbus Chaos 3/25/08, DC Rumble 5/24/08, Montreal Madness 5/27/08, Chicago 7/12/08, Kansas City Opener 3/21/09, Columbus Smoke 3/28/09, Boston Bus Bounce 8/1/09, Montreal 1000 4/7/12 Montreal 3200 3/16/2013 Columbus Bus Breakdown 3/21/15, Montreal Playoffs 10/29/15, Montreal Opener 04/23/16, Montreal East Final 11/22/16, Chicago 08/19/17, NY Semi-Final 10/30/17, Columbus East Final 11/21/17, Montreal "Dichio Lives" 3/17/18

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose13 View Post
    Some season seat holders are scalpers. So when there time slot came up, they just bought best available and are now scalping them.

Also some SSH are not as invested in the team as they are in money and are cashing in using the same method as above.
    I understand how people are getting the tickets.

What I don't understand is why seats that are currently held by SSHs are being made available for purchase by other SSHs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wasn't even affected.
    Thankfully I'm in the Southend... but it's called Empathy!
    If I was kicked out of my seats, I'd be royally pissed.
    So I understand & empathize with those that have been.

It's shameful.

Whoa whoa whoa... this is happening? I'm already not happy about all the displacement and the alleged 5k tickets that MLS is taking (can anyone confirm that?). But people are now seeing those allocations being sold on stubhub? That just stinks of corruption, I can't think of another word more suitable.

I say we document as many instances as possible and shame the shit out of them on social media.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laura Armstrong@lauraarmy 8m8 minutes ago
    Hey #TFC season seat holders, want to talk #MLSCup tickets for a piece in @StarSports tomorrow? I'm all ears: lauraarmstrong@thestar.ca.

For those who feel like venting and having their voices heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It also sucks that Ticketmaster's own processes make it hard to get your own seats even when they were available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa... this is happening? I'm already not happy about all the displacement and the alleged 5k tickets that MLS is taking (can anyone confirm that?). But people are now seeing those allocations being sold on stubhub? That just stinks of corruption, I can't think of another word more suitable.

I say we document as many instances as possible and shame the shit out of them on social media.
    Yup, I see my friend's tickets in 107 up there for $660-ish USD plus fees. Shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theaub View Post
    Yup, I see my friend's tickets in 107 up there for $660-ish USD plus fees. Shame.
    Does he have twitter? Can he post about it? I'll share/like/raise a hissy fit/do whatever. This is outrageous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like somebody mentioned before - Stubhub is likely showing mostly ghost tickets - people thought they'd be able to source seats who haven't got them in hand (and are unlikely to). I don't think its a big scalping bonanza going on. In fact many scalper's are probably as frustrated as you are since they can't buy the tickets they planned on selling.

Don't forget - if you are a SSH - TFC still cares about you and your future revenue stream. They are going to bend over backwards to help you first before the general public. They know your tenor with the team - if you are a 10 or 8 or 5 year season ticket holder you will get into BMO. Don't panic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scotiarae View Post
    Like somebody mentioned before - Stubhub is likely showing mostly ghost tickets - people thought I'd be able to source seats who haven't got them in hand (and are unlikely to). I don't think its a big scalping bonanza going on. In fact many scalper's are probably as frustrated as you are since they can't buy the tickets they planned on selling.

Don't forget - if you are a SSH - TFC still cares about you and your future revenue stream. They are going to bend over backwards to help you first before the general public. They know your tenor with the team - if you are a 10 or 8 or 5 year season ticket holder you will get into BMO. Don't panic
    No...people are seeing their SPECIFIC regular SSH seats on stubhub.

Nobody could have assumed they would have dibs on them except the SSH themselves.

These have just been posted today.
    They are seats that scum scalpers have bought today during the windows, by choosing better/more desirable seats than they have as SSH (i.e. taking other ppl's regular seats), and are now reselling for big profit.

MLS created this mess by completely opening up all non-supporters seats to everyone.
    Last edited by gdg_9; 12-02-2016 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    Does he have twitter? Can he post about it? I'll share/like/raise a hissy fit/do whatever. This is outrageous.
    Will see what he wants to do. It was rather inevitable with a relatively bad (2:00) timeslot and good seats that they were going to be gone either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here to vent. Season ticket holder Section 109 for last 2 years.

I get an email from my Account Rep at 2:10pm today saying that I will have access to resale at 2:00pm which had already passed. I'm sitting in traffic. I get to computer at 2:50. There is NOTHING left across the lower bowl. I was able to buy some crappy nosebleeds.

Sales Rep claims he emailed me multiple times over last 2 days, this is absolutely not true. There is no problem with my email or spam filters.

Sales Rep blamed MLS for taking a bunch of the seats. But my friend, who has season tix a few seats down from me, was able to pick his own seats no problem at 10am.

And while I'm venting... I was not offered access to one single event as a season ticket holder this year. Last year when they were trying to sell the season tickets to me, the went out of their way to look after me. This year. Nobody gives a crap.

It's the Cup Final, I really wanted my own season seats! And look at what's going up open Stub-hub..... what a joke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theaub View Post
    Will see what he wants to do. It was rather inevitable with a relatively bad (2:00) timeslot and good seats that they were going to be gone either way.
    Tell him to email Laura Armstrong at the Star. She's putting together a piece on this bullshit for tomorrow.
    Laura Armstrong@lauraarmy 8m8 minutes ago
    Hey #TFC season seat holders, want to talk #MLSCup tickets for a piece in @StarSports tomorrow? I'm all ears: lauraarmstrong@thestar.ca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No...people are seeing their SPECIFIC regular SSH seats on stubhub.

Nobody could have assumed they would have dibs on them except the SSH themselves.

These have just been posted today.
    They are seats that scum scalpers have bought today during the windows, by choosing better/more desirable seats than they have as SSH (i.e. taking other ppl's regular seats), and are now reselling for big profit.

MLS created this mess by completely opening up all non-supporters seats to everyone.

ok if that is the case - then I take back my apologist comment and agree this is dispicable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How can I get on this presale at 12:00 on Monday? I feel like once they go on sale to the public they'll be all gone in 2 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skel73 View Post
    I'm here to vent. Season ticket holder Section 109 for last 2 years.

I get an email from my Account Rep at 2:10pm today saying that I will have access to resale at 2:00pm which had already passed. I'm sitting in traffic. I get to computer at 2:50. There is NOTHING left across the lower bowl. I was able to buy some crappy nosebleeds.

Sales Rep claims he emailed me multiple times over last 2 days, this is absolutely not true. There is no problem with my email or spam filters.

Sales Rep blamed MLS for taking a bunch of the seats. But my friend, who has season tix a few seats down from me, was able to pick his own seats no problem at 10am.

And while I'm venting... I was not offered access to one single event as a season ticket holder this year. Last year when they were trying to sell the season tickets to me, the went out of their way to look after me. This year. Nobody gives a crap.

It's the Cup Final, I really wanted my own season seats! And look at what's going up open Stub-hub..... what a joke.

That sucks. I can't do much other than poke the bear, but here goes:

https://twitter.com/limeymartin/stat...88952762875904

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We got our sec120 and row but had to shift over one seat to the right. Immediately texted apologies to the guy whose seat we shifted only to find out he couldn't select his seat, at an earlier timeslot, and had to do best available in the East stands. ALL, except 2, of our "neighbours" could get their seats. One couple in same section but several rows up & seats over.

Just use the regular ticket trader thread. People have been doing swaps all season, for example between games or sections.

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...89#post1823889
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amongst all this shittines, I just want to give MLSE kudos for protecting the supporters sections. It would have been REALLY crappy if supporters got disbursed all over the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Amongst all this shittines, I just want to give MLSE kudos for protecting the supporters sections. It would have been REALLY crappy if supporters got disbursed all over the stadium.
    Is that even a consolation? Everyone else is getting screwed in some kind of messed up lottery.