Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Who are these "bad characters" in TFC

I know this might open up a barrel of rumour inspired monkeys, but I just wondered who ya'll thought are the bad characters in our dressing room and why.

thankless moocher, riding on the coattails of others
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeRo. He's from fucking Scarbourough. End thread.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KdotOdot View Post

hahahahaha!
    c'mon you Reds!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect it comes down more to a lack of leadership and authority from the coach as much as anything else. Put Nicol in charge of that room and the problems will likely disappear.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post
    I suspect it comes down more to a lack of leadership and authority from the coach as much as anything else. Put Nicol in charge of that room and the problems will likely disappear.
    as in Cummins was more of a "friend" to the team and they didn't respect his authority?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect Brennan and Robinson, they've been captains since the start and we've never been competitive with them as leaders. Dero, Deguzman should be captains next year and Brennan, Robinson should be shipped out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    I suspect Brennan and Robinson, they've been captains since the start and we've never been competitive with them as leaders. Dero, Deguzman should be captains next year and Brennan, Robinson should be shipped out.
    well, Jason De Vos in his latest article for the CBC says Brennan and Robbo are leaders and all is good with them.. then he fails to say who those troublesome players are, beyond giving support to De Ro and Cronin. SoI guess the whole rest of the team is trouble!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nimamalek View Post
    I'd swap those 2 around

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul B. I'm sure he's the 'bad character' at TFC.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Ball Kids have got to go. You know they're the root of the problem.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 word -> Bitchy!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread could go wrong pretty fast. Don't want to call into question any player as a "bad character", since we don't know the entire story.

The only thing that I could think of, was maybe the players loved Carver so much, and didn't want to play for Cummins?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aren't like half the Canadian on the team fro Scarberia? haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might just be about style and temperment than it is about bad apples...I would say MAYBE: Vitti, Guevara, Brennan, Gerba...

Mikey

I think it's the supporters groups and their unreasonable expectations like goal scoring and game winning that are the root of the problems at TFC....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gala
    Gerba
    Wynne
    Vitti
    Guevara
    Garcia
    c'mon you Reds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man..this pains me to say but I watched Columbus/New England yesterday and Columbus brought on the Greatest American Hero and he ran around like a man possessed. He causes all sorts of problems and I'd just once like to see a player on our team play with his passion.

Why can't we find a Crazy-mentally challenged-guy like Columbus? He flails around as if his arms and legs are independant of his body yet he seems to actually have talent and can score.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of influence could Gala, Vitti or Garcia really have on the locker room? I mean I wouldn't be concerned about anything they had to say or anything they did and it's hard to imagine anyone else would either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Knight said in his latest column that was a conflict in the dressing room over how much playing time Barrett was getting. Seems related to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nuvinho View Post
    This thread could go wrong pretty fast. Don't want to call into question any player as a "bad character", since we don't know the entire story.

The only thing that I could think of, was maybe the players loved Carver so much, and didn't want to play for Cummins?
    Well, they didn't play for Carver, either. Remember the home opener (though I understand if you don't want to ).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay, so if Barrett and DeRo are at odds with each other......how come they are both wearing the same damn ugly yellow pumas? Dero wore them first, then Chad did in the next home match. Is Chad stealing DeRo's shoes, as well as his position?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drewski View Post
    aren't like half the Canadian on the team fro Scarberia? haha
    yea, Dero, De Guz, Gala, OBW,
    or are we trying to paint an undrawn picture

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    Well, they didn't play for Carver, either. Remember the home opener (though I understand if you don't want to ).
    That is true. Its very hard to say who is/are the bad apples in the dressing room.....maybe just too many egos in one locker room. Then I think to myself...why would a MLS PLAYER have an ego....for godsake you play in MLS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of being a good coach, is properly managing the egos in the dressing room. I suspect there are no "bad apples" - just some egos run amok.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Part of being a good coach, is properly managing the egos in the dressing room. I suspect there are no "bad apples" - just some egos run amok.

- Scott
    very true.

every team needs to have some ego. I personally believe that in many cases, it's absolutely critical for people to have a big ego to be successful at what they do. Look at someone like Shaq, Tiger Woods, C.Ronaldo, Bolt, etc etc. The absolute 'best of the best' need to know they are the best of the best and demand nothing short of that from themselves and their teammates. Does it mean they can throw a hissy fit if they don't get what they want? Absolutely not - it just means that sometimes you need to have a big ego to succeed in certain areas. What's important is learning how to manage that ego within the context of a team. Then you'll get the best players on earth (Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Gretsky, Zidane etc)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO i don't think its an individual thing I think that there a couple of different cliques within the squad. That do not see eye to eye.

The sad thing is that what is happening is more due to desire and pride then just being a bad apple. People don't like getting called out and that upsets them. If you watch previous games look at who celebrates with the person that scores and you can see the division there.

Plus from what I hear there is a rat in the change room and that can not help to build confidence when you need to watch what you say in the change room which is suppose to be confidential

We need to clean house for this team to be as successful as we want it to be the problem is that it starts from the top and if that there is no change up top then nothing will change.

Just my 2 cents

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    very true.

every team needs to have some ego. I personally believe that in many cases, it's absolutely critical for people to have a big ego to be successful at what they do. Look at someone like Shaq, Tiger Woods, C.Ronaldo, Bolt, etc etc. The absolute 'best of the best' need to know they are the best of the best and demand nothing short of that from themselves and their teammates. Does it mean they can throw a hissy fit if they don't get what they want? Absolutely not - it just means that sometimes you need to have a big ego to succeed in certain areas. What's important is learning how to manage that ego within the context of a team. Then you'll get the best players on earth (Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Gretsky, Zidane etc)

Yes, this is very true. It's like this for most professions that get publicly judged a lot and where there's a lot of failure. Even Tiger Woods doesn't win every tournament. Even the most successful athletes usually only win slightly more than half the time they lose - so they lose a lot and need to have egos to get past that.

I've seen actors with huge egos manage them well and others manage them poorly, but I've never seen anyone get paid a lot of money to be an actor that didn't have a huge ego - something had to keep them going to all those auditions for parts they didn't get.

Most jobs just don't have the same failure rate as athelete so they don't have the same methods of coping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    IMO i don't think its an individual thing I think that there a couple of different cliques within the squad. That do not see eye to eye.

The sad thing is that what is happening is more due to desire and pride then just being a bad apple. People don't like getting called out and that upsets them. If you watch previous games look at who celebrates with the person that scores and you can see the division there.

Plus from what I hear there is a rat in the change room and that can not help to build confidence when you need to watch what you say in the change room which is suppose to be confidential

We need to clean house for this team to be as successful as we want it to be the problem is that it starts from the top and if that there is no change up top then nothing will change.

Just my 2 cents

Does the rat get tired prematurely and needs to get subbed off early ?