Page 214 of 215 FirstFirst ... 114164204210211212213214215 LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,420 of 6437
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man, It's such a "Toronto sports fan" attitude to actually want to get bad results to get your coach fired!

Come on guys, lets get behind the team AND coach, we haven't kicked a ball this season yet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have seen enough of him to form my opinion. He is over his head. This situation with early ( and some season ending ) injuries does little to sway my opinion the other way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    I have seen enough of him to form my opinion. He is over his head. This situation with early ( and some season ending ) injuries does little to sway my opinion the other way.
    I'm not sure, but are you suggesting that a coach has a link to players getting injured?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, they only ran a few drills I suppose, and a pedestrian speed game or 2. They were not even properly prepped for that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Still a week to go yet, and I didn't really expect Defoe to play until March 22 anyway. If all these injuries go beyond that though, it's the same old if TFC didn't have bad luck, they'd have no luck at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley will play, I think. Gilberto sounds like a sub at best, Defoe a borderline starter, if not, sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Defoe wasn't going to feature in this game (except for maybe a few minutes at the end), Gilberto's situation remains mysterious. If we can get 45 minutes from Bradley, I'd be ok with that.

If none of them travel, that would be bad and would be a sour start to the season. It's hard to win in Seattle but getting a point is possible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    Yes, they only ran a few drills I suppose, and a pedestrian speed game or 2. They were not even properly prepped for that.
    You obviously didn't hear what happened on the first day in terms of drills. And what happened on the second day. And the third.

i.e. I don't think you've bothered to see enough of the situation to give an opinion as to what has happened here but instead of made up your own mind and are maneuvering what ever happens to make yourself feel better about your opinion.

RN may still prove to be a bad coaching choice. Not yet though.

Injuries in the first few weeks, when players were specifically told the goal of preseason was to get fit, ready and stay away from injuries (that's a direct quote from RN's speech on day 1 at BMO), are not his fault.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 03-07-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You obviously didn't hear what happened on the first day in terms of drills. And what happened on the second day. And the third.

i.e. I don't think you've bothered to see enough of the situation to give an opinion as to what has happened here but instead of made up your own mind and are maneuvering what ever happens to make yourself feel better about your opinion.

RN may still prove to be a bad coaching choice. Not yet though.

Injuries in the first few weeks, when players were specifically told the goal of preseason was to get fit, ready and stay away from injuries (that's a direct quote from RN's speech on day 1 at BMO), are not his fault.
    I have as much visibility as you do. Facts are that half a dozen of the first team may not be available. I believe RN is among those to blame for this ( rather then me ).
    I am glad RN helped to bring in JD, but despite that I am not a fan of his managerial skills. He needs a few years as an assistant somewhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Coming out of preseason with all these injuries is not at all acceptable. Gilberto, Bradley, Orr and Morrow are being reported injured (not counting Defoe because was not under guidance of TFC). Hamilton, Bloom missed most of preseason also. Thats like 1 out of 4 players, terrible attrition rate!!

None of the injuries happened in-game either.

So what is going on with the training sessions? There is a new fitness coach (Adrian Lamb), is he effecting this? Never saw such a mess of a preseason.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What in God's name does any of this have to do with player transfer rumors? Start a "troll everything TFC" thread and move this crap there please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Man, It's such a "Toronto sports fan" attitude to actually want to get bad results to get your coach fired!

Come on guys, lets get behind the team AND coach, we haven't kicked a ball this season yet!
    I think you're mistaking people taking stock of the situation with actually "wanting" something to happen. As an example: we all wanted Reggie Lambe to succeed but knew that probably wasn't going to happen. Not saying Nelsen is to coaching want Lambe is to the midfield, but you know what I'm getting at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are three parts to being a leader: 1) having a vision or plan 3) executing. From what we've said above, we know he did #1, but we have no idea about number two.

Anyway, unless I hear Ryan Nelsen and this new trainer are Preki reincarnated, I'm not going to judge based on what they do in practice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just despair of people who don't like Nelsen finding any reason and using it to talk about him being fired when we havn't even had a league game.

If we are crap still by the time World Cup comes around, IMHO, fire him. If he can't adjust. If we can not get the job done. Fire him.

But not now.

And, I agree with others - if Tim B and Tim L don't have a list of next people to turn to, I would be very surprised.

Club before manager, and before player and before exec sometimes means waiting to see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Coming out of preseason with all these injuries is not at all acceptable. Gilberto, Bradley, Orr and Morrow are being reported injured (not counting Defoe because was not under guidance of TFC). Hamilton, Bloom missed most of preseason also. Thats like 1 out of 4 players, terrible attrition rate!!

So what is going on with the training sessions? There is a new fitness coach (Adrian Lamb), is he effecting this? Never saw such a mess of a preseason.
    They're being held back because fieldturf! I am sure Bradley will play for a half or 60 mins at most, but I highly doubt Defoe is going to play in Seattle. Gilberto and Orr only ones we should be concern about. Not sure about Morrow injury, but I am sure it isn't major.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Injuries are not the coach's fault but building a roster that is more likely to be injured is someone's fault.

Some of them are to be expected. Defoe as an example was 31 and injured when they signed him. Boohoo for those that claim bad luck on that one.

Gilberto, Morrow and Bradley are less than expected. Young without that much of a lengthy injury history. Don't know much about Orr other than reading he had a broken rib last year and is also 31.

In any event, injuries are not excuses. Worse, if you choose to build a team top heavy on salary in a league that provides no budget relief for injured players, that's the plan you signed off on. These are the risks.

It's like investing in risky stocks and then complaining when you lose money. Those were the risks going in, you knew it. If it bothers you then change your plan next time.

A roster like SKC can withstand injuries as they have depth within the system and many of their players don't take a significant budget room. We can't.

Oh well. Win with what you have. Playoffs were promised with this plan, risks and all. Good luck, I expect to be buying playoff tickets this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what kinda of meat grinder was ther training camp jeeez...I don't see any other clubs with all these injuries..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess we resigned her...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Glad that's the game on US national television....
    It is also on tv over here in England. Pretty excited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/DLovitz11/status/442049953033379841

Lovitz announcing his own signing on twitter. Heading to Wilmington.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rey is now questionable too according to Larson. Wtf is going on? There are simply no excuses for having half the team injured after a few scrimmages.

This whole Gilberto situation is really starting to resemble how we treated Urruti. A minor knock should not take this long to recover.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    Rey is now questionable too according to Larson. Wtf is going on? There are simply no excuses for having half the team injured after a few scrimmages.

This whole Gilberto situation is really starting to resemble how we treated Urruti. A minor knock should not take this long to recover.
    As an admitted Rey fanboy I think this is a pretty big deal he's probably the biggest offensive catalyst outside of Bradley. Seattle should be able to snuff out Osorio and Jackson if they're the only players they have to key on...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post

They instagrammed a video featuring both of them today in training. I doubt we are trading Gilberto, he's always been part of the new season hype. Posters everywhere, more so than DeRo, I doubt they just let him go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post

And the funny thing is, they're getting injured in practice.....not games....practice..........i mean what are they doing in practice? Playing on cement? While Nelsen chucks rocks at them? The only way this team could falter is injuries, soooo keep them healthy!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    So Nelsen is saying we might be without Defoe, Gilberto, Bradley, Orr and Morrow for the season opener?!!! Did we specifically target injured players in the off season?
    so funny I'm about to cry.................
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post

great point !
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, wondering about Bloom, haven't heard much about him it is looking like Orr's injury is taking a long time to heal, meaning it is more serious than we all thought. Trying to put together our starting line-up and my first thought is hold the guys going down to USL we just may need them. Sheese!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all these injuries it seems like last years starting lineup isn't exactly being eclipsed. My enthusiasm is fizzling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    What in God's name does any of this have to do with player transfer rumors? Start a "troll everything TFC" thread and move this crap there please.
    I suggested a TFC general discussion thread a while back but it seems like everyone got comfortable with all the banter.

If mods decide to crackdown, please make a TFC general thread to compensate.