Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Can we cancel a couple of our season seats, and still retain the credit?
    I'd say confirm with your rep.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we win the mls is back tourney i want a replica champs ring!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    spoke to my awesome rep, who always hooks up the swag.
    mentioned that, renewal will be in october.
    the 10 % didnt make sense, since no one knows when fans will be back in the stadium(to cash in on the 10%).
    Real sports also is closed, so really 10% that cant be used made it easier to take a refund.

They may also consider allowing fans in the stadium in limited capacity if the league season does resume.

the money you let them hold is more valuable in your bank acct versus their account collecting big interest %.

Mostly anything you use the 10% towards will be marked up and not really of any value.
    My thinking is that ML$E can cram their 10% credit. I don't buy stuff at the stadium.

What pisses me off about this is that Manning was all we will make sure to take care of everyone and make it special. That conference call a few months ago gave me hope. So basically they sat on this for this long, only to come back with a similar thing to the Leafs/Raps. Here's some money for overpriced chicken fingers. That's great Bill, truly A1.

You want to show some solid customer service? Take 10% off next years SSH instead.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Athletic saying they are proposing the 3 Canadian teams play each other 6x from mid-August to mid-September and then they are hoping the restrictions to travel/enter Canada would be gone and the remaining games could be concluded within the conference (no idea what happens if restrictions still in place - TFC to pick a “USA” home?! —- all sounds a bit crazy but who knows?!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    The Athletic saying they are proposing the 3 Canadian teams play each other 6x from mid-August to mid-September and then they are hoping the restrictions to travel/enter Canada would be gone and the remaining games could be concluded within the conference (no idea what happens if restrictions still in place - TFC to pick a “USA” home?! —- all sounds a bit crazy but who knows?!
    It's not crazy at all considering the Jays are doing it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

6 games between August 22 and September 13, all against Montreal and Vancouver, 3 at home and 3 in the road. Would not be surprised if they allowed limited fans in the stands in Montreal, knowing the Quebec government. Road trip maybe. You never know.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 07-24-2020 at 08:43 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    6 games between August 22 and September 13, all against Montreal and Vancouver, 3 at home and 3 in the road. Would not be surprised if they allowed limited fans in the stands in Montreal, knowing the Quebec government. Road trip maybe. You never know.
    And this could be a problem for Toronto FC since BMO Field is being used as one of the venues for the NHL playoffs (not as a playing venue, but a place for the teams to go to for exercises, etc).

Or maybe they could play out of the BMO Training Grounds during this time since it's unlikely fans will be allowed back in at that time?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    And this could be a problem for Toronto FC since BMO Field is being used as one of the venues for the NHL playoffs (not as a playing venue, but a place for the teams to go to for exercises, etc).

Or maybe they could play out of the BMO Training Grounds during this time since it's unlikely fans will be allowed back in at that time?
    It would not be a problem, if TFC needed the stadium, they would get it, its their stadium. The NHL workout area would be moved elsewhere.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would not be a problem, if TFC needed the stadium, they would get it, its their stadium. The NHL workout area would be moved elsewhere.
    Maybe they would let the NHL players watch the game. LOL.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the article

MLS will allow teams to host fans in stadiums if local guidelines permit them to do so.

Experience with the USL indicates fans show up with masks & then about 5% stop wearing them. Do I trust Americans to be smart about all this around guys who some of them pathologically despise like Jozy? Nope

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And a further 12 games after that up to November 8, regional games only to limit travel. Top 9 make the playoffs. Article also mentions that Toronto have been making plans to be US based at some point this season, and not clear if Montreal and Vancouver doing the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    And a further 12 games after that up to November 8, regional games only to limit travel. Top 9 make the playoffs. Article also mentions that Toronto have been making plans to be US based at some point this season, and not clear if Montreal and Vancouver doing the same.
    I'd think they'd have to be after mid-September ... unless they could come up a deal, where three or six US teams test heavily and quarantine for a week, and then play all the Canadian teams once or twice - with the Canadian teams doing all their US road games afterwards, in one sweep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To those of you who have called in, does anyone know what Special Merchandise Credit means? The word special is tripping me up. Will certain things be excluded at the shop at the stadium/real sports? Is this just a generic credit to be used at the stadium for food/drinks/clothes in whatever ratio you desire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    To those of you who have called in, does anyone know what Special Merchandise Credit means? The word special is tripping me up. Will certain things be excluded at the shop at the stadium/real sports? Is this just a generic credit to be used at the stadium for food/drinks/clothes in whatever ratio you desire?

correct.
    cannot be used until the stadium is re-opened so that credit will be sitting there or until real sports has been opened which they said it wasnt at this time.

really not a difficult decision, the credit is really useless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Major League Baseball is already warning of a potential season shutdown less than a week into their restart. Multiple cases already reported and Miami with a major outbreak of around 20 cases.

Basically showing what with happen to MLS. No bubble means no safety.

Report: Manfred threatens shutdown if teams don't follow COVID-19 rules
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1993820

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Report: Manfred threatens shutdown if teams don't follow COVID-19 rules
    https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/1993820
    And if he does, it'll be all on Manfred's head. It was goddamned foolish for MLB to reopen the season with coronavirus cases spiking in the United States.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much bickering in MLB. The players and owners have been at loggerheads for a while. I'm sure Manfred will look for any excuse to blame the players for COVID outbreaks - it could affect player compensation down the road. Not that the players are doing themselves any favours when they do breach distancing guidelines. Both sides have to learn to work together.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idiocy looming in USL - LAG2 team has 8 confirmed cases.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How Canadians feel about the border staying closed:

MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can fly down to the US anytime we want, looking at what sports events I can attend this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    How Canadians feel about the border staying closed:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can fly down to the US anytime we want, looking at what sports events I can attend this fall.
    How can sports possibly be worth that risk to you?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    I'm personally am not worried about Covid since I had the bastard already but I wouldn't go down because I assume getting travel insurance will be a pain in the ass now and depending on where you go, medical care might be a disaster if something bad happens. Too many potential hassles/problems.

Not even thinking about anything outside Ontario until next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Plus the two weeks of quarantine when you get back.
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I work at airport. Can confirm border wide open via air.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the air borders are open. And there is an advisory to avoid all non-essential international travel until further notice. The government can only do so much to micro manage common sense. And then has to spend resources monitoring post-return quarantines.

Go camping. Ontario is yours to discover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redpunkfiddle View Post
    Yes the air borders are open. And there is an advisory to avoid all non-essential international travel until further notice. The government can only do so much to micro manage common sense. And then has to spend resources monitoring post-return quarantines.

Go camping. Ontario is yours to discover.
    Actually, you should see some of the posts that have been written on the dedicated camping groups on Facebook. Especially first timers who are trying out camping only because there is not much else for them to do/go.

They are the ones who do not really know about camping etiquette, and end up not respecting the rules, leave when they are supposed, leave the washrooms in a mess, and also leave their garbage everywhere as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Actually, you should see some of the posts that have been written on the dedicated camping groups on Facebook. Especially first timers who are trying out camping only because there is not much else for them to do/go.

They are the ones who do not really know about camping etiquette, and end up not respecting the rules, leave when they are supposed, leave the washrooms in a mess, and also leave their garbage everywhere as well.
    I mean, I'm a football fan but is there a more annoying group of know-it-alls than camping enthusiasts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind camping, just as long as I can stay at a Westin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I don't mind camping, just as long as I can stay at a Westin.

I see. So I'm guessing you would not be interested in the 4 day/3 night backcountry canoe-camping trip that I'm trying to organize for the September long weekend, eh? In the northwestern part of Algonquin.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    I mean, I'm a football fan but is there a more annoying group of know-it-alls than camping enthusiasts?

I hear Ted likes to go RVing.... (if you know, you know)