Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    Switching from Ecks when he looked to originally bring in Danny K was a smart move and the right one. Full credit. Closed the game right there.
    So maybe instead of the media asking Winter, why does the team do so well in cup competitions and so poorly in the league, and Winter answering "I don't know," they should be asking him, "why do you make such great decisions in cup competitions and such stupid ones from time-to-time in the league?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else having a reeeeeeeeally good day today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    anyone else having a reeeeeeeeally good day today?
    Yup. It's always fun watching Vancouver fans in any professional sport squirm.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I wonder if Coach Rennie knows that the assistant ref, Darren Clark, was actually from BC. If you believe in the homerism theory, that could explain why no one brought attention to the fact that Adrian Cann was being um, closely marked, on our corner kicks. Cann was lucky to escape that game without getting pregnant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- we were the better team,end of story.
    - to van city want some cheese with that whine.jeezze
    - dobson..can you get the players right..wtf.
    - to the local media,the fan 590,how about a little coverage,your going to own the team soon,the fan is a shithole full of hockey fpucks.
    - who was the hottie that gave frings that hug after the game,priceless.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We played really well. Quick, someone fire the coach!
    I took 3 friends to the game who have never been to see TFC before, but are big football fans. I LOVED the game, but they thought it was pretty terrible! So, I think for a TFC fan it was exciting as it was a tight game, and then we won at the last hurdle. But as my friends said - it was a terrible game, with hardly any forward play at all until the last ten minutes, and most of the game was a giant midfield battle.

I don't think TFC "played well" - I just think it was a midfield melee of a game, which TFC just eeked out.

Also - what the HELL is Le Tour still doing on the wing?! That's a horrible decision IMO. Hassli was out muscled by Cann at the back (good for Cann) - but Le Toux may have had much better movement if he was played as the number 9. Big error by Vancouver again.

I'll take the win tho, even if it was pretty ugly to watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone know how I can send Davidson a big bottle of Massengill? I don't want his vagina to feel not-so-fresh on top of being bitch slapped and then losing to a winless team yesterday. Let's show some consideration folks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I wonder if Coach Rennie knows that the assistant ref, Darren Clark, was actually from BC. If you believe in the homerism theory, that could explain why no one brought attention to the fact that Adrian Cann was being um, closely marked, on our corner kicks. Cann was lucky to escape that game without getting pregnant.
    There's the knock-out punch; Vancouver are out of excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by BayernTFC View Post
    Yeah, Winter had some excellent options on the bench last night and he chose correctly. It was a good adjustment to move Hall into the midfield to fill in after JDG's exit, and Ecks showed his value. Eckersley owned that right side. I can't say enough good things about Soolsma. He provided a spark offensively for TFC yet again. I can't disagree with subbing on Dunfield to help close out the match. Although, I do admit to being nervous about that choice when it was made. I'm still reeling from Bayern's inability to prevent Chelsea from scoring last Saturday after Jupp Heynckes subbed-off Thomas Müller for Daniel van Buyten so close to the end of relegation time. Good on TFC for not allowing any last second heroics from Vancouver.
    FYP. :trollface: ^^

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    i agree - some here seem to be on him for his actions, which to a small degree i understand BUT he supported his teammate, got stomped on by a pussy boy and gave him a tap on the cheek - if i were a VWC supporter i'd be humiliated. JDG had played a solid game to that point and at best deserved a yellow, nothing more...
    Have to agree with this and ManUtd4ever's original comment; was in to make the same point, myself.

There was much vitriol directed at JDG and I wouldn't go as far as to say it were misguided. I guess it just comes down to me viewing that situation differently; when you think about the frustrations this team has endured and the media's sensationalism of infighting, this seems to be just what they needed -- a show of togetherness, with him defending his team-mate. Admittedly, it's risky for him to slap Davidson, but it was provoked and a shame that he (Davidson) was let off the hook for clipping him, in the first place. There also seems to be a great deal of confusion, here: Le Toux was already about to be given his marching papers, for the original challenge (stomp?) on Johnson (hence JDG's reaction).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post

LOL, I love it, and I'm stealing it. Hope you don't mind.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What a night. I live for midweek games. Electric yet again in the stands. Thanks to Furty poppin his capo cherry even if it was for only a couple songs. It means you need to get into the regular rotation, kid.

Speaking of cherries- the metaphoric sundae topper for me last night was watching the Voyageurs Cup marched out by a member that helped make this grow to what it is. Let's not forget this and let the suits call the tourney call it the sponsor-of-the-year cup.

To us it should always be the Voyageurs Cup.

Bring on the CCL.

Totally agreed. I wish people would start referring to it as the Voyagers Cup, or VC, as opposed to this NCC, ACC, garbage.

Nobody but Sportsnet people say "Mastercard Memorial Cup", why does anybody but the TV rights holder say "Amway Canadian Championship"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we wear "Worst Team in the World" as a badge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post

I don't think TFC "played well" - I just think it was a midfield melee of a game, which TFC just eeked out.

Sure, it wasn't a premier league match in full flight. But we outshot them 9-4, so we were doing something right. Both teams are going to play tight in the second leg of a 1-1 draw. I think both came in at under 70% complete passing, so it wasn't pretty. But tactics aren't always pretty, and if you tactically pull off what you intended and win the game, I think you get to call that playing well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took 3 friends to the game who have never been to see TFC before, but are big football fans. I LOVED the game, but they thought it was pretty terrible! So, I think for a TFC fan it was exciting as it was a tight game, and then we won at the last hurdle. But as my friends said - it was a terrible game, with hardly any forward play at all until the last ten minutes, and most of the game was a giant midfield battle.

terrible game? hardly any forward play? midfield melee? ugly to watch? ..... wtf, seriously????

no need to listen to your anything-but-MLS snob friends ... hell if they don't like football games that feature mid-field battles, i'm not sure there is any league in the world gonna satisfy them ... sorry, but your friend's opinions are garbage, especially if they base it on a single game, a cup final to be exact, which are almost always (in any country or league) hard-fought, grinding games with a lot of play at mid-field .... maybe your friends simply prefer nice friendly games with lots of attacking and no emotion, seems to be more their style

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    terrible game? hardly any forward play?
    I know, right. 13-4 shots.. pssshhh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we need is a genuine uefa CL final where one team is on the attack and the other puts all 11 men behind the ball for the whole match. Now that is exciting football.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth noting that TFC had more Canadians in their starting lineup throughout the tournament than Montreal and Vancouver combined. It's no coincidence that our players wanted it more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    What we need is a genuine uefa CL final where one team is on the attack and the other puts all 11 men behind the ball for the whole match. Now that is exciting football.
    LOL, well played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Richard; 05-24-2012 at 01:04 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdogg View Post
    Well I thought I was over it...
    Proud Supporter of: FC Bayern München, AIK Solna, Toronto FC, Nottingham Forest FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    oh hell man I just burst out laughing at work. A dozen people looking at me like I'm a nut and I can't even show this to them to explain it.

well played!

edit - wow, can't believe this is my first post. have been lurking for over a year and it feels like I must have posted in the past......

so, in section 105 between the 18 and the 6 and can confirm 1. Soolsma was offside (eks, get the pass of faster please? thx) 2. the ball in Cannon's hands didn't cross the line (though I screamed at the refs to give it anyway cause why the hell not try to sell it to at least get a possible make up call later)
    Last edited by Section_105; 05-24-2012 at 01:19 PM. Reason: seriously?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One thing you could never say about being a TFC fan is that it gets boring. Wow.

CAMPEONES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    We played really well. Quick, someone fire the coach!

(I kid. I was between that and "Julian Deguzman: evil genius?" for his red card, which then guaranteed a yellow and a settle-up red against le toux, and we play a style that favors 10 on 10. But that seemed complex.)

We shuold fire the coach, as clearly we have a better team then the 0-9 record, for those that were saying that we do not have the tallent, a game like this clearly shows that our tallent is there to be at least competitive in the MLS.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not everyone has an EPL or la liga to attend. Most football fans world-wide have to accept something less when it comes to live football. Enjoy it for what it is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure De Guzman's move was stupid but on the other hand it was nice to finally see somebody on this club show some passion...we're an 0-9 team and with all the rumors of a separated dressing room it was nice to see Julian step up for another teammate and the rest of the side rise to grind out the big W. Wins don't have to be pretty and good on the boys for getting it done

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

LOL.

Toronto FC, the most interesting football club in the world...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    We shuold fire the coach, as clearly we have a better team then the 0-9 record, for those that were saying that we do not have the tallent, a game like this clearly shows that our tallent is there to be at least competitive in the MLS.
    Maybe...or maybe we just witnessed what our team looks like when they limit, or eliminate all together, stupid amateurish mistakes.

The question is...can they consistently avoid the brain cramps?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Do we wear "Worst Team in the World" as a badge?
    very tongue in cheek with my comment. between koev mentioning it and it being touted by several rival supporters, i thought it was a funny observation.

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    edit - wow, can't believe this is my first post. have been lurking for over a year and it feels like I must have posted in the past......

so, in section 105 between the 18 and the 6 and can confirm 1. Soolsma was offside (eks, get the pass of faster please?
    welcome to the circus.
    ecks did well to shake his marking. we wouldnt have even had a chance if he hadn't done it. soolsma should've still done his part to keep onside. it was a 3 on 2.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I didn't want to say it before in this thread, but I was thinking the same last night.

This is a good team. Maybe not great. But it's a good team. There is no reason it should be 0-9.