View Poll Results: Are you going to purchase the new TFC jersey before Xmas??

Voters
221. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

42 19.00%
  • No

179 81.00%
Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: new jerseys!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but Kingpin has it spot on.
    I've said a million times here, and I always get told I'm whining, but the nickle-and-diming that we've seen from day one is simply continuing. And anyone who wants to talk about how the games are still great value, and they want a shirt so badly, etc. is certainly free to do so. But the trends are alarming.....
    I give it 3-5 years (if MLS is still around then) before TFC games are out of reach for most of us on this board. And that's something the FO won't deny either.
    Once grass roots supporters are priced out of the stadium the atmosphere will die and attendance will plummet.

MLSE is going to run this operation right into the ground and pass the problem of the empty useless stadium back onto the govt.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    and i mean something like this

there is a gray TFC tanktop some of the guy wear during practice. It's pretty slick.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    there is a gray TFC tanktop some of the guy wear during practice. It's pretty slick.
    well now you'll be able to buy it

although I dunno if I'd want to see those skinny arms of yours

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    well now you'll be able to buy it

although I dunno if I'd want to see those skinny arms of yours
    it looks better over a long sleeve white top. Not sure if it will go for public sale.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    ^ I think they sit in section 115, no?
    OY-Don't you DARE accuse me of SITTING...in 115

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    Yeah but those are considered 'imported' no?

In Scotland a Celtic top when launched is 39.99(pounds).

I wonder how much a TFC shirt in UK costs!
    TFC... UK....

MLS.... UK...

That league Beckham plays in:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My response: NO

Reason: Credit Crunch
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by ilikemusic View Post
    Once grass roots supporters are priced out of the stadium the atmosphere will die and attendance will plummet.

MLSE is going to run this operation right into the ground and pass the problem of the empty useless stadium back onto the govt.

I'm surprised it took ten pages to get to this point, usually we're this negative about 20 posts in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^It's not extreme. It's all part of the same marketing plan -- Get 'em in the door, then jack the price. This was said to me openly by a TFC FO member.
    They view this as adjusting introductory prices to fit the market. I see it as bait and switch. I won't keep posting about this, because it doesn't seem to sink in for many people, but keep extrapolating ticket price increases out for a few years. Keep adding "promotions" like this one, throw in a DP or stadium improvements, and you'll see where this ends up.
    Add to that the basic slap in the face that things like parties that should be benefits of being a STH are charged for as well, and you'll see what I'm getting at.
    Dude, I've been saying this since day one. You are simply wasting your breath, trust me. I'm enjoying things now, but I'm aware of the long term implications. At least in the UK they are starting to walk away from the gates, and I don't have the details but MUFC supporters a fighting back even harder according to very recent reports. When the supporters can get on the same page about ANYTHING, that's when there will be effect. See Leaf supporter protests, exceptionally lame. No unification, no effect...

I_AM_CANADIAN

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    I think it's a little extreme to be taking a jersey thread into a ticket price increase conversation...but if in 5 years I can't afford my seats in 112 anymore and have to give them up, I'm going to cry.

I was at the Leaf game on Monday. 1st row Upper deck and the face value was $86....$86 I pray that the day never comes where I have to say bye bye to my seats.
    Leaf games are about the worst value in town, and not just cause the teams a bit sh*te these days... The atmosphere is terrible unless you go to the standing room only sections, and they're damn expensive seats. I've honestly had more fun at Leafs games on the road in Buffalo and Montreal than at the ACC, because only the best fans are willing to travel to see their team.

^And Kingpin, Liverpool supporters have started their own club in protest to being priced out of Anfield. And prices are only going to go higher when they move to their new stadium in two years.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^It's not extreme. It's all part of the same marketing plan -- Get 'em in the door, then jack the price. This was said to me openly by a TFC FO member.
    They view this as adjusting introductory prices to fit the market. I see it as bait and switch. I won't keep posting about this, because it doesn't seem to sink in for many people, but keep extrapolating ticket price increases out for a few years. Keep adding "promotions" like this one, throw in a DP or stadium improvements, and you'll see where this ends up.
    Add to that the basic slap in the face that things like parties that should be benefits of being a STH are charged for as well, and you'll see what I'm getting at.
    The problem with this thread is that there are too many points being debated. I disagree with the argument that this is a "get 'em in the door..." strategy because, as someone already pointed out, the jersey price is the same as last year. So the prices have not it fact gone up.

I do agree that they are charging too much for the jersey, however, which is why I will not get it until it goes on sale. I am happy with my Toronto FC (sponsorless) jersey for now.

Disclaimer: This is from someone who's Man Utd jersey purchase this year replaces the last purchase made in '93

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Dude, I've been saying this since day one. You are simply wasting your breath, trust me. I'm enjoying things now, but I'm aware of the long term implications. At least in the UK they are starting to walk away from the gates, and I don't have the details but MUFC supporters a fighting back even harder according to very recent reports. When the supporters can get on the same page about ANYTHING, that's when there will be effect. See Leaf supporter protests, exceptionally lame. No unification, no effect...
    Agreed. I've been trying to get this across all year. Even had a lengthy talk on the phone with Paul about it, wrote a letter to TFC FO, etc. Much like people are doing now with FCUM and the Supporters' Trust in Manchester, people will one day look back at these early signs as when we should have spoken up.
    That is, if the MLS lasts long enough for that to occur.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JonO View Post
    The problem with this thread is that there are too many points being debated. I disagree with the argument that this is a "get 'em in the door..." strategy because, as someone already pointed out, the jersey price is the same as last year. So the prices have not it fact gone up.

I do agree that they are charging too much for the jersey, however, which is why I will not get it until it goes on sale. I am happy with my Toronto FC (sponsorless) jersey for now.

Disclaimer: This is from someone who's Man Utd jersey purchase this year replaces the last purchase made in '93
    I guess what I am trying to argue is that all of these things are related. The jersey price might be the same as last year, but you got to see that jersey first. It's the philosophy of this jersey email that gets me. They make it sound like an insider opportunity. But all they are offering is a chance to get it slightly ahead of other people. Then, they segue right in to the next sentence, which tries to sell you a ticket to a party where you can pick up your shirt. If they gave a shit, wouldn't the party be a perk for sending in your money early? How much does it cost to rent a bar in Mississauga or wherever else they hold these things? Pittsburgh Penguins fans had their seasons tickets delivered to their door a while back by Sidney Crosby. For free. They're doing similar things in Florida I think. Why does the TFC FO feel so entitled to us that we are expected to pay to go somewhere to pick something up that we've bought?
    All of these things are related, and they're all part of the same poor attitude toward the fans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uh-oh.....pick up is at the same time as the Neil Young Concert!!!!
    Guess that means I'll be skipping the opener (wilco)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Horrible idea! Wilco live are amazing.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait... are you saying that you're somewhat frugal, thrifty or even cheap?

just for comparison

An authentic Raptors jersey from NBA.com is $199.99
    An authentic Leafs sweater from NHL.com is $299.99
    (note: both are for the AUTHENTIC jerseys. Replicas are cheaper)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then, they segue right in to the next sentence, which tries to sell you a ticket to a party where you can pick up your shirt. If they gave a shit, wouldn't the party be a perk for sending in your money early?
    Not trying to get into this whole thing, but I'm pretty sure the jersey is the ticket to the party then additional tickets cost extra. So if the jersey is the same price as usual then the ticket is free and the party is like a perk for sending money in. However i don't know what the price of these jerseys are so I'm not sure if they just embedded the ticket price into the cost of the jersey.
    Also I know what you mean with the whole email coming off as a type of ad for this party more than a new kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Stugatzo View Post
    We’re having a party to launch the new kit, and you’re invited!
    The first chance you'll have to pick up your new jersey is at the official launch - The Kit Party, presented by Smirnoff Ice. Space is limited to the first 300 people to request tickets. You can get 1 free ticket per jersey, and any additionals can be bought for $25. You can request tickets for The Kit Party on the jersey order form. If you can't make it to The Kit Party, your jersey will be available for pick up at CentreSports from Monday, December 8th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ You are right. I stand corrected on that point.

blackandwhite

Quote Originally Posted by mlsintoronto View Post
    well the point is you can order one and pick it up at the launch...sooooo to show the jersey would be pretty counter productive, wouldn't it. just order one. you know you waaaant it. then you could put it on at the party, pop the collar and......d'oh!

I've said too much.

Of course you did... You have everyone by the balls!

Same guy who asked to not bring banners and drums etc to Columbus opener.. Wanted us to bring "pure support".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see the off season is in full effect!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Workie View Post

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you look at the stats and discussion, it can be suggested that this is a very galvanising thread. And really, money talks. This is the core point OLOE makes some excellent points, and I've made similar points a nauseating amount of times. If you REALLY love watching this club and you enjoy the camaraderie that many of you have enjoyed, you will pull the reins a little. Many RPB's now avoid the boards as they don't like how they have changed and played out over time, I hope they know it's also their responsibility to take a stand as well as apposed to see the discussions here as the anthesis of what their opinion could be. I'm glad to see the likes of Jack here and a little disillusioned as well. The TFC fans are being absolutely screwed on so many levels now it's mind boggling. We should honestly remove Paul's account and move forward... Really, I do believe this. Anyway, I'm getting a touch emotional... Back away from the CPU!! Back away...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^Horrible idea! Wilco live are amazing.
    maybe I'll just pick it up at the ACC after Dec 8th....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with what you're saying, but it's important to be accurate to strengthen your argument.

They make it sound like an insider opportunity. But all they are offering is a chance to get it slightly ahead of other people. Then, they segue right in to the next sentence, which tries to sell you a ticket to a party where you can pick up your shirt. If they gave a shit, wouldn't the party be a perk for sending in your money early?
    Unless I have misread the email, if you buy the shirt you get a ticket. The tickets are limited to 300 people. You can buy and extra ticket for $25. The last part is a mistake imho.

Pittsburgh Penguins fans had their seasons tickets delivered to their door a while back by Sidney Crosby. For free.

Mr. Crosby, the NHL's reigning scoring champion and MVP, had emerged from the driver's seat of the Jaguar, climbed her front steps, opened the storm door and knocked.
    "Hello," he said, smiling and handing her a box.
    He was one of six Penguins players who hand-delivered season tickets to 24 homes around the Pittsburgh area. The others were forwards Evgeni Malkin, Colby Armstrong and Maxime Talbot, defenseman Ryan Whitney and goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury.

Only four season ticket holders received their tickets from Crosby.

I_AM_CANADIAN

Do you think Penguins players go out and hang with the fans at bars? I doubt it, and not just cause Crosby's underage in the US.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

disagree with the argument that this is a "get 'em in the door..." strategy because, as someone already pointed out, the jersey price is the same as last year. So the prices have not it fact gone up.

WTF? I bought my short sleeve TFC jersey last year (Season 1) for $100 after taxes...not $119 plus tax. And last season I saw BMO short sleeve jerseys going for anywhere between $89 - $99 (plus tax) a pop.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Workie View Post
    Effecting change and growth... Just like last year!! We need this! Last year in the offseason we had Jack appointed, which has been great for the group... What amasing things will discussions this offseason bring! I'm stoked to have discussions that will help RPB galvanise themselves.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless I have misread the email, if you buy the shirt you get a ticket. The tickets are limited to 300 people. You can buy and extra ticket for $25. The last part is a mistake imho.
    you are correct. It's states in the email:

You can get 1 free ticket per jersey, and any additionals can be bought for $25.
    that would mean, 4 jerseys = 4 tickets.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh... one other minor detail: The Kit Party, presented by Smirnoff Ice.

Usually when there's a party 'presented by' an alcoholic beverage manufacturer, there's free drinks. I'm not going to say that for sure, but I guarantee I will make up any cost difference between this jersey and last years one in vodka.

your comrade,
    Parkski

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    Hmmmmm don't like the fact I'm being asked if I want to buy something I can't see until after I buy it,in order to go to a party...or I have to wait until March.
    Like I've been saying all along, they are a bunch of crooks. Only crooks do things like this.

It's the same as those guys selling swamp land in Florida.................