Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was at the game, and there a couple of things that were clear. NYRB game plan was to be thugs and the referee let them. Here is a list of mistakes from the ref:
    Missed elbow to Altidore Head
    Handed out yellow cards for any questions about his calls but not for dangerous tackles.
    Inconsistent in approach and lost control of the game.
    Valquez goal disallowed did not ask for 10 yards and then apologized after for mistake.
    Orsorio was either offside or fouled someone. Do not know which because ref made the wrong signal.

However, here is the real crime. By allowing a rugby game to take place at a football match the level of play was terrible. The league has got to let the good players play and display their skills. They need to hand yellow cards to players who try to beat up on top players. Anybody tuning in from Europe would say told you so MLS is an inferior league.

If the league does not take a stand on this then MLS will not attract new fans or grow their TV audience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

should be better futbol v cbus,nyrbullshite are a bunch of thugs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An additional comment. I have been very hard on Moor but he had a great game. So good on you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    An additional comment. I have been very hard on Moor but he had a great game. So good on you!
    He had a good game. Made some good clearances. Glad to see it. Hagglund also looked good again after coming in. I'm really happy that he is back and fit. He is just a beast in the box and his head eats balls for breakfast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may get Altidore back into the match for the first leg as NY was not to be in the area as this went down
    https://youtu.be/pB20naV11FM

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    Shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hated the way New York played. It's like they knew they would lose and just wanted to fuck with our players. Shameful

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red Bulls = Thugs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuppy View Post
    This may get Altidore back into the match for the first leg as NY was not to be in the area as this went down
    https://youtu.be/pB20naV11FM
    bushleague. Marsch should see supplementary discipline. It's embarrassing to see him manage that style game and act like a school boy on the sidelines. He fed the fire tonight, brutal. MLS should be embarrassed to put their name on that product.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re halftime....

It's hard to know with certainty who is to blame, but one thing is for sure: MLS is cheaping out on security and it's leading to all kinds of incidents all over the league.

These are happening in playoff games! There is NO WAY an incident like that should be possible, league security should be keeping teams 100% separated, and fans at least a few feet away. If the area is tight, you need to have to teams go down the tunnel separately.

Besides the tunnel incident today, and what happened with Jozy last week, a 30 second google search shows this:

https://www.socceramerica.com/public...-howard-i.html

http://sbisoccer.com/2017/06/nycfc-n...hines-and-more

This is a management failure, first and foremost.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-05-2017 at 09:32 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So to summarize:

-Red Bulls played like thugs and ambushed our players in front of our lockers
    -The ref allowed their thuggery and punished our players for protesting
    -He also denied us two perfectly valid goals and possibly a penalty

But we still found a way to come through tonight despite all adversity. This wasn't a normal game, the only thing that mattered was to make it through.
    Job done, I'm very proud of our boys.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tough game to watch, so damn stressful but I’m grateful we are through. The weather was shit and tensions were high everywhere in the stadium.

I cant blame the players too much as the ref let things get way out of control and was terrible. Sure they should try to control their emotions more but they are only human and can only take so much.

I don’t hate that we won this way as hopefully this can serve as a wake up call just how close the season was from coming to an end. It definitely wasn’t our finest game and we seem to be in a rut lately and nowhere near the team we were earlier in the season.

One person who deserves way more praise is Bono for that save. Without that save our season is over.

The next series we start new and hopefully we can get those cards reversed. 3 more games til glory!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crazy, crazy game. Reffing was horrible but I don't totally blame the ref when you have two teams who came prepared to play unsportmanlike, like the worst of CONCACAF.

I don't however understand at all how we had those two goals called back. On the OG I saw the east side linesman the whole time and he put no flag up for offside. Didn't look offside in replays and certainly no foul. That was a goal. Same with the free kick. Just bizarre calls.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The two goal call-backs seemed fishy. Especially the first own-goal by NYRB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Am I the only happy person around here?

What odds what you have given four years ago that there'd be a day when we would win a two game tie to go into the conference final, and everyone in here would be morose about it.

This is MLS. Where Supporters Shield winners go to do in the playoffs, because marginal teams eke out marginal results exactly like this.

We are so frackin' awesome ... that even when we don't play well, and we lose ... we still win!
    Feel the same way about the result, but still a terrible lack of composure by all our DPs today. We'll be in tough in Columbus now and Bradley is a yellow card away from a suspension.

Let's hope Ricketts can step up again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Feel the same way about the result, but still a terrible lack of composure by all our DPs today. We'll be in tough in Columbus now and Bradley is a yellow card away from a suspension.

Let's hope Ricketts can step up again.
    I agree. Glad we squeaked through but appalling on some of our players. Just shut the fuck up and play the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry folks for continuing to beat a dead horse but Osorio should not be on the field, period. In extra time he tried to be all macho and hold the ball instead laying a pass to the touch line and lost it to a NY counter attack. He is not someone who can be counted on. Also, he looked gassed running back when he just entered the field for 10 minutes. He is not a Vasquez but tries to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Sorry folks for continuing to beat a dead horse but Osorio should not be on the field, period. In extra time he tried to be all macho and hold the ball instead laying a pass to the touch line and lost it to a NY counter attack. He is not someone who can be counted on. Also, he looked gassed running back when he just entered the field for 10 minutes. He is not a Vasquez but tries to be.
    Oso is about the last person we should be talking about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did see the flag go up for offside and two different angles which show Osario onside.

Just terrible.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shitty refereeing and thuggish behavior as a game tactic will turn anyone off of MLS. Wake the fuck up, Garber. This is bush league soccer you're promoting.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Oso is about the last person we should be talking about.
    why is that? He is a possible starter in the 1st game against Columbus. He was absent for the 21 minutes he was out there tonight. We took out a defender for him. I am assuming he was not added for defensive reasons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

brilliant substitutions by Vanney, when Hasler, and Osorio came on NYRB died
    it was so evident, the moment those two came on that was it for NYRB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    I did see the flag go up for offside and two different angles which show Osario onside.

Just terrible.
    Did the east side one flag it? I didn't see anything. I agree he was on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Did the east side one flag it? I didn't see anything. I agree he was on.
    Yes. If you watch the match highlights on the MLS site (go to 4:38 in link below), you can see the east side offical with the flag up.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/1...ovember-5-2017

Honestly, it's looks pretty close in the video, but it's not a level angle. It's also an own goal. Not sure what the right call is here.
    Last edited by wopchop; 11-05-2017 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS, you have a problem. That ref let this one get completely out of control. One of those teams turned this into a rugby match and really has no care about it now they’re out.
    The semi-final next round is conceivably ruined for many fans because the above issues mean two very big league stars who actually play football.... won’t be playing.
    I’m so pissed right now. This should have been a showcase and incompetence turned it into a gong show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sit in 226, so just about flush with the six yard box. At no point was Osorio offside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Yes. If you watch the match highlights on the MLS site (go to 4:38 in link below), you can see the east side offical with the flag up.

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2017/1...ovember-5-2017

Honestly, it's pretty close. It's also an own goal. Not sure what the right call is here.
    Oh yeah. Fuck didn't see it go up during the game and I was watching. Still looks the wrong call to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want to keep your blood pressure in check, stay out of the match comments on the MLS website. A bunch of jerkoffs pinning everything on Altidore and Bradley - including a couple of people who profess to be TFC fans.
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    I sit in 226, so just about flush with the six yard box. At no point was Osorio offside.
    I agree. I sit in 105 (opposite you) and I did not see an offside or a foul. In fact I thought the ref signalled a goal. The linesman douche did signal offside right away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    I agree. I sit in 105 (opposite you) and I did not see an offside or a foul. In fact I thought the ref signalled a goal. The linesman douche did signal offside right away.
    Looked a bad call but I guess we can't blame the referee on that one. I think he did signal a goal too.