Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    I just ordered a short sleeved authentic - XXL of course.
    Link please! I could not find xxl on MLS Site or any jerseys listed on addidas Canada Site.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it might just be me, but i think the stripes are atrocious.

that is to say, they're atrocious because of the maple leafs. why not just plain pinstripes (aside from the fact that we've never used pinstripes before)? i mean.. kudos to adidas for trying to make us one of the only teams in the league (like the LA sash, the dallas hoops, etc) that has an "kit identity", but this is ridiculous. yes, we were canada's first team, but two other teams have been added since then. this reeks of lazy designing to me. it's the equivalent of smattering first nations designs over every vancouver kit, or fleur de lis over every montreal kit for the next 8 years.

the only positive i can make of it is to say "at least it's not white", but aside from that the collar hemming and pinstripes aren't even symmetrical.
    AND THE CREST IS STILL TOO CLOSE TO THE SPONSOR.

/rant.

i can see the appeal, but it's just not my thing. i bought the first kit when i thought the maple leaf was tastefully incorporated into the kit, now it's just gotten excessive.
    i never want to buy a shirt that i look at and think "that's kinda nice.. but why?".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    i can see the appeal, but it's just not my thing. i bought the first kit when i thought the maple leaf was tastefully incorporated into the kit, now it's just gotten excessive.
    Wait you think the home kit's maple leaf is tasteful? That's interesting. I personally find it obnoxious and unnecessary. Almost to the point of ruining an otherwise great kit. Plus it looks like a giant sweat stain on TV.

These pinstripes are fine for me because, as seen in the Defoe picture, at a distance you can't even tell they're maple leafs. They seem more of an "extra" detail when looking at the shirts up close rather than a main feature like the home kits.

But I completely agree that the shoving of patriotism down our throats needs to stop. We have a maple leaf on the crest and a Canadian flag on the sleeves; that's enough to get the point across. What's more important is the club actually playing and developing Canadians — which TFC has done a good job of — so no complaints there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    Wait you think the home kit's maple leaf is tasteful? That's interesting. I personally find it obnoxious and unnecessary.
    no no no, i meant the "first" kits with the maple leaf on them. like.. the very first (our second jersey) one.

i get what you're saying about the pinstripes though, i didn't consider that. i'd need to see how big they are before moving from "meh" to "possibly".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love it. Nicest kit we've ever had by far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But does it come in "supporter" size?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe its just me, but the way I see it the shitecaps and limpact had history before joining MLS but TFC did not so to me their legacy at this point is being the first Canadian team so why not use maple leafs as a continuing theme and its sort of a nice way to connect to other parts of Canada that do not have a MLS team. Can't wait to get my free one!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LFC_TFC View Post
    Maybe its just me, but the way I see it the shitecaps and limpact had history before joining MLS but TFC did not so to me their legacy at this point is being the first Canadian team so why not use maple leafs as a continuing theme and its sort of a nice way to connect to other parts of Canada that do not have a MLS team. Can't wait to get my free one!

TFC itself may not have long enough of a history, but Toronto does. They can draw on Toronto's flag, or it's coat of arms. Or they could draw from Toronto's footballing history: The Dominion Football Association (first football association that formed outside of teh UK), The Blizzards. I mean Philli's BethlehemSteel FC jersey has become iconic, and personally it's one of my favourite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny enough (and I didn't know this but I had to check) Toronto's flag has a big red maple leaf in the center lol!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And just like that i'm off to mlsgear.com to preorder this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What name to get on this jersey? thoughts? I want Laba but i'm afraid he'll never play here again.

Niagara Region. Anywhere the RPB are Supporting TFC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    What name to get on this jersey? thoughts? I want Laba but i'm afraid he'll never play here again.
    stuck between Defoe and Bradley, got Oso on the Red one last year.

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    it might just be me, but i think the stripes are atrocious.

that is to say, they're atrocious because of the maple leafs. why not just plain pinstripes (aside from the fact that we've never used pinstripes before)? i mean.. kudos to adidas for trying to make us one of the only teams in the league (like the LA sash, the dallas hoops, etc) that has an "kit identity", but this is ridiculous. yes, we were canada's first team, but two other teams have been added since then. this reeks of lazy designing to me. it's the equivalent of smattering first nations designs over every vancouver kit, or fleur de lis over every montreal kit for the next 8 years.

the only positive i can make of it is to say "at least it's not white", but aside from that the collar hemming and pinstripes aren't even symmetrical.
    AND THE CREST IS STILL TOO CLOSE TO THE SPONSOR.

/rant.

i never want to buy a shirt that i look at and think "that's kinda nice.. but why?".
    Definitely get way your saying, but couple things; yes its overload Canadian maple leaf, but i think the whole thing with people saying its connected to MLSE is just stupid. Agree kudos to Adidas for giving it at least a design flare and making it identifiable to Toronto per say, i find some MLS and EPL kits are just to blah i actually love the design but am also not so hot on the Pin strip maple leafs. Yes it is like Montreal and the fleur de lis but "that" is montreal and TFC has been showing the pride with the maple leafs and its synonymous with TFC i am proud were repping the maple leafs so much… now on both kits is a bit much.

I don't know what (or if) european team you follow I'm a United supporter and i swear if we get Nike as our next kit maker I'll probably stop buying ours or very rarely lol cause i find that out of all the kit makers out there Adidas is by far the best ever see Ajax from a year or two ago ? lime green sick i actually have one cause i liked it so much and one of my favourite players was with them, point is yea its a bit over kill but at least we have a supplier that actually designs a kit, i pick up a United one every year and last 2-3 years is just cut paste change 2 things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petor View Post
    Link please! I could not find xxl on MLS Site or any jerseys listed on addidas Canada Site.
    Here you go:

http://www.mlsgearcanada.ca/mls1051171401.html
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    But does it come in "supporter" size?
    Adidas said they have heard the complaints (that grey sleeve jerset was tight) and relaxed the sizing a bit.

We won't know until we get our hands on them. This will be the 'free' jersey if you used the bmo TFC card to renew. I think it looks good, not sure about the maple leaf holes but I do like the darker colour for sure.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Well, I disagree that its NYY, but I do have an issue that it is a national reference. We are representing Toronto; we're not the Canadian Natioanal Team. They couldn't think of anything distinctly Torontonian? I don't mind the maple leaf once in a while (I suppose in reference to our hockey team) but almost every single jersey has worked around the maple leaf or the Canadian flag. I am not a big fan of nationalistic/patriotic bs in our local sports team ... I don't even know why we do the anthem at games. But I suppose this is a relatively small matter.
    This x100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will we be able to get 15% off for STHs?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Distinctly Toronto.

Suggestions so far have been the busy crest and I'm sure someone made the suggestion of the tower in previous years. I think it would be a challenge to make that unlame.

If people are tired of our nations symbol on clubwear I'd suggest NOT substituting it with lesser known symbols. Sounds like forcing it. But have at it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see a design to prove me wrong.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Distinctly Toronto.

Suggestions so far have been the busy crest and I'm sure someone made the suggestion of the tower in previous years. I think it would be a challenge to make that unlame.

If people are tired of our nations symbol on clubwear I'd suggest NOT substituting it with lesser known symbols. Sounds like forcing it. But have at it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see a design to prove me wrong.
    I'd like to see it just be red. No more embossing of symbols. Like DC's new home shirt.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leiweke's laughing his ass off right now.

After seven years of the most atrocious abuse of a fan base, he rolls in with megaphone in hand, lumps us into an undesirable, unwanted groundshare with the Argos, markets Tottenham Hotspurs' reject striker like the second coming of George Best and now has you all gagging for a flimsy $125 third jersey.

Give your heads a shake. They'll get my money for merchandise when they fcukin' well earn it. When they actually win something.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by greatwhitenorf View Post

After seven years of the most atrocious abuse of a fan base, he rolls in with megaphone in hand, lumps us into an undesirable, unwanted groundshare with the Argos, markets Tottenham Hotspurs' reject striker like the second coming of George Best and now has you all gagging for a flimsy $125 third jersey.

Give your heads a shake. They'll get my money for merchandise when they fcukin' well earn it. When they actually win something.

Excuse me? Is this thread showing an overwhelming groundswell of support of everything being made available to us to purchase? Read more.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Excuse me? Is this thread showing an overwhelming groundswell of support of everything being made available to us to purchase? Read more.
    Thought it prudent to nip the bone stroking in the bud. It's heading that way.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

meh, free shirt. I won't be waving any money at it.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Firstly, You can do so with less condescension. Give it a go next time.

Secondly, there is no way the above quote isn't in some way suggestive. Multiple times.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I got an email about pre-ordering the new Away shirt, which I'm totally willling to do. But as a SSH, we get a discount at Real Sports and BMO Field. If I pre-order I can't use the discount. Why would anybody pre-order it if they can get a discount and they don't even know for sure what it looks like? Anybody know of any way we can apply the SSH discount to the pre-order? I've emailed my Account Manager but haven't heard back yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaked Jerseys, Toronto FC included ---> http://imgur.com/a/5U7xM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmeisenh View Post
    So I got an email about pre-ordering the new Away shirt, which I'm totally willling to do. But as a SSH, we get a discount at Real Sports and BMO Field. If I pre-order I can't use the discount. Why would anybody pre-order it if they can get a discount and they don't even know for sure what it looks like? Anybody know of any way we can apply the SSH discount to the pre-order? I've emailed my Account Manager but haven't heard back yet.
    Yeah, I'm with you. I'm all for getting the shirt, I quite like it, but why would we pay full price, when we will get 15% off when our season seat package comes through. Keep us posted on what your account manager says please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I like the jersey and could see myself buying it. Just not until I see how the season pans out and if any of these players start sticking with the club and have a break out year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the best thing that's happened to the club in a very long time. I for one, will always support the team win, lose, or draw - the way the 12th man should be.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im going to buy one,and I will support this club win lose or draw.i guess im a sucker

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

see that you've completely overlooked my post saying i've only ever bought ONE tfc shirt (aka: the only shirt of ours i've liked).
    bone stroking indeed. it's not like we didn't know we'd be getting a new jersey this year.