Page 88 of 191 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,640 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catz4ever View Post
    Since the beginning I’ve been a TFC fan not a SSH but once or twice a season we would go see a game do financial issues 3 years ago we finally got out seasons and watching Gio and Altidore together was magical there chemistry was incredible and then VV came along and it was out of this world I’m so sad that only Altodore is left and maybe not for very long I have hope that they have a plan and we just have to wait I’m just really saddened that we aren’t able to give Seba and VV a proper send off

In sports money talks these are 2 players that as teenagers had big ambitions and were lined up to be big Barca and Juvi players but for different reasons that never transpired so they are in a position to cash in as much as possible
    no periods. no commas. no read.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The new post-Leiweke motto:

Why can’t we be ordinary?!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The new post-Leiweke motto:

Why can’t we be ordinary?!
    That seems to be the mantra in NYC right now - they got no stars and, believe it or not, no strikers on their roster at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GBV View Post
    no periods. no commas. no read.
    The 'Grammar Police' I agree

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am ok with what has transpired, seriously I am...Now have at me anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    he made 28 mil here,he should of jus said thx to the fans and that it,he sounds like a little brat that didnt get his candy,unlike the VV message that was a basic thank you to the fans,i lost a little respect for seba after that message.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That seems to be the mantra in NYC right now - they got no stars and, believe it or not, no strikers on their roster at all.
    The league has not gotten a meaningful revenue boost from signing players like Seba or Pirlo. When you look around the league, winning and losing seems to matter more to attendance.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Valencia have been trying to sign him on loan. West Ham refused saying they will only do a sale.
    Chicharito has never been a great player...he peaked as a super sub for Manu a very long time ago. It would a big step back if he was the DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After all that's happened this off season, TFC *has* to have a Town Hall meeting with supporters to explain their vision and so we can asked them questions. Right now I see a divergence between Front Office direction and Fan expectations and that has to be addressed if we don't want to see an acrimonious season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love town halls more than the next fan. It is frankly the last thing that TFC has to do. They have a training camp, they are trying to replace their star, their attacking midfielder, they only have one MLS level keeper. They have a GM who has been on the job for weeks. "Vision" is talk. It is time for action. The CCL games loom. The MLS season is where this team will show their worth....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocktml View Post
    Oh well what’s done is done. Time to turn our attention to the Canadian premier league......in serious everyone get on board!!!! Built for Canadian!
    enjoy kyle bekker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BtSUW-Ug...d=8g335w9gbzi3

Giovinco good bye message on instagram
    wow those are very pointed words....you're move now Manning, and remember.....we're not in Utah anymore.

I'm not very confident.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On a positive note, this is the most active the forums have been in ages!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    How many players in this league have had a $28M contract?

Answer: two. Beckham and Seba. Tim Leiweke wandered into our world for a couple of years, and stayed just long enough to rifle the safe for us.

Suits will be suits.

The real wonder is how our little soccer team ever got someone like Seba in his prime at all.

Heartfelt thank you is owed to Leiweke from all of us.
    ​yes yes and yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll hold fire until we see the next steps. Our Captain needs to speak - if we lose him...it’s a disaster.

For me we at least have to announce that he has signed an extension and then that we have signed a new exciting DP. If we can re-sign Jozy as well even better.

If the DP is a let down and both Jozy and Michael play down the contracts then this is going to be a shit season. I’m hopeful that this Saudi thing - which might have affected Giovinco last season solve some of the locker room discontent from last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If they get a DP in his prime from a well known European team - that's the same criteria as Seba at Juve. Now, if its just a Canadian/US guy wanting back, that's a come down from what we had. If its a guy who was in the situation Seba was in, that's establishing an identity seperate from the Atlanta approach - I'd take that.

We'll see.

But, they seem to have an idea of what they wanted and the targets to go get.

If the past is anything to go by, we should start to hear the rumours of who this target is this weekend. IF they have him locked up, the signing would be Tuesday.
    I am highly skeptical. to say the least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Still Kicking;1886153]Sorry Seba fans, but I saw this coming. Giovinco's 2018 season peaked with the CCL (and had he come through in the final -second leg, he could have had a new contract, but he did have a tendency to not come through in big games, he might have sealed his TFC fate then).

Oh Bullshit!!! How about the 2 goals on a platter he created for Delgado at BMO and Mexico and both were missed by shitty Delgado.

Who setup the goals in the 2017 final?

red Bull playoff game?

Semi final CCL free kicks?

Hmmm no show in big games my ass!

Who took this team from worst to first and sold out the stadium and jerseys and concessions etc..
    Last edited by InDa_110; 01-31-2019 at 09:07 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    His greedy managers face
    10% of 50 million euro, a lot of money.

Seba seems way too happy as he signs the deal. It's gotta be primarily the money, even if he was unhappy with Toronto's negotiations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I’ll hold fire until we see the next steps. Our Captain needs to speak - if we lose him...it’s a disaster.

For me we at least have to announce that he has signed an extension and then that we have signed a new exciting DP. If we can re-sign Jozy as well even better.

If the DP is a let down and both Jozy and Michael play down the contracts then this is going to be a shit season. I’m hopeful that this Saudi thing - which might have affected Giovinco last season solve some of the locker room discontent from last year.
    Been thinking the same thing. That being a problem is consistent with Bradley's comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we are also seeing the flaws of media ownership of a team. With the departure of Kurt from the Sun, the Sportsnet and TSN journalists are a little compromised - they are being quite careful in how they talk about management - only really Neil Davidson left who will have sources and is completely independent , and he has a lot to do beyond TFC. Hard to get the straight goods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    we are also seeing the flaws of media ownership of a team. With the departure of Kurt from the Sun, the Sportsnet and TSN journalists are a little compromised - they are being quite careful in how they talk about management - only really Neil Davidson left who will have sources and is completely independent , and he has a lot to do beyond TFC. Hard to get the straight goods.
    Very true for the most part. Joshua Kloke from the athletic said the deal was in the works a couple days ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=InDa_110;1886185]
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Kicking View Post
    Sorry Seba fans, but I saw this coming. Giovinco's 2018 season peaked with the CCL (and had he come through in the final -second leg, he could have had a new contract, but he did have a tendency to not come through in big games, he might have sealed his TFC fate then).

Oh Bullshit!!! How about the 2 goals on a platter he created for Delgado at BMO and Mexico and both were missed by shitty Delgado.

Who setup the goals in the 2017 final?

red Bull playoff game?

Semi final CCL free kicks?

Hmmm no show in big games my ass!

Who took this team from worst to first and sold out the stadium and jerseys and concessions etc..
    i love seba.best player ever,his game is and was slowing down a bit...5 or so missed pks and he could not hit the net on his famous free kicks at all during the mls season.he took the money,30 mil euros.good for him its all about the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post

My read of the situation is that the Saudi thing happened over the last 1-2 weeks. There was no indication in that KJ interview that an offer was sitting there to be signed. In fact he just expressed frustration that TFC wouldn’t come to the table. I bet that interview actually spurred the Saudis to take a shot.

The whole contract issue itself may have been a distraction. As it is for Jozy and Bradley too. Hell there were people on this board pointing it out last summer and asking the question why we weren’t extending then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The thing I find funny about some of the fans here and on social media is that they take Seba’s word as the truth and not that he is trying to spin it as it’s all the FO fault. From what I have been told from people close to Seba is he was willing to take a pay cut was only based on getting a long term deal ie 4 plus years. He’s been angling to leave since after we won the cup. My comment isn’t to absolve the FO, just trying to shine light on the whole picture

Will he be missed sure, but at the end of the day the club was here before him and will be here long after he retires. A lot of us have been here since day 1, we have seen the utter disaster this club has been. I truly believe we will not slide back to that. It’s a reset on the squad. TFC revolutionized the league when Seba, Bradley and Jozy arrived, but in doing so they had to overpay to acquire the players. Then Atlanta tweaked the model. So instead of spending almost 9 million more than any other club you can lower the wage bill and still be competitive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about and have been following how the Giovinco situation unfolded these past few days. Like many of you, I'm heartbroken that he's leaving for the memories that were provided to us, but I'm much more disappointed and disgusted with him than in management or anything else, and I'm not upset that he's gone with the way he's chosen to go out. As far as management is concerned, they may have botched the progression of Giovinco's time here. I stress the term "may have", because I don't think the two sides were ever close and that's why there wasn't much point in having a discussion before this.

You've all seen it, the incessant whining, the lack of self awareness, etc. He was the highest paid player in the league for a reason, to do the job of being its best player and to transform the organization, and he was paid very handsomely for that. He seems to think that he deserves to be paid MORE for past performance, because let's face it, he's been on the decline since 2017, so it certainly isn't for future performance. Somewhere, you have to draw the line. His scathing instagram post towards management is really icing on the cake of where his head is at, though it's clear he wasn't the one who actually wrote the post. I unconditionally refuse to believe someone who says management is not committed to winning when the following things are reportedly true:

- TFC offered him similar money to Josef Martinez, a player who has outperformed Giovinco in the last 2 years. His salary would have still remained higher than the likes of Wayne Rooney. If you've been following Giovinco since he got here in 2015, he's not the same player and has clearly declined some. One would be daft to believe he's not going to continue in this direction.
    - He chose to go to Saudi Arabia, to win? Win what in Saudi Arabia? The lifestyle there resembles nothing of that here too and not in a good way, hearing from friends who worked there.
    - They're paying him $10 Million a year. Nobody else was offering that money and TFC would have been stupid to match or even come close.

It's clear that the party not committed to winning and making a proper lifestyle choice was Giovinco. This was always and only ever about getting a maximum pay day and not about "home", whatever that means. Shame on you, Seba, though I guess this behaviour consistent with his incessantly whiny attitude which I quickly came to loathe. With that disgusting and unnecessary instagram post, he's tarnished his legacy here in my mind. There's no reason why he couldn't have gone out on a high in his goodbye message that would have immortalized him.

Thanks for the memories, I guess, but don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Jozy weighs in...

Picked up Seba's bad habits as we can see

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DFloorDanny View Post
    Picked up Seba's bad habits as we can see
    they should send him to Mexico...
    one more thing on Jozy if he had surgery on his foot how come we never saw him in a cast/crutches? Was he really hurt or is there more to his extended absence from the squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His wife will sure enjoy living over there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Been thinking the same thing. That being a problem is consistent with Bradley's comments
    I think that's who the 'personal agendas' line Bradley used referred to. It makes sense when you look at how everything went down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    wow those are very pointed words....you're move now Manning, and remember.....we're not in Utah anymore.

I'm not very confident.....
    We are getting one side of the story and we have been fed rumours from the Seba camp for two years now. Granted the FO has kept their cards close to their chest.

It's hard to know what to believe anymore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The league has not gotten a meaningful revenue boost from signing players like Seba or Pirlo. When you look around the league, winning and losing seems to matter more to attendance.
    That’s true for every team though. Most football clubs don’t make a profit.