Page 47 of 79 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2348
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conspiracy theory:

The FO leaked the story they were 'looking to move Jozy,' then let it sit there for a few hours to scare him a little bit, then "I don't know how these things get started."

There is another thing to consider here, though. Jozy's done this at least twice now. How long before Larry Tannenbaum feels offended and maybe starts getting involved?

I mean, Tannenbaum is big on the 'family' ideal that MLSE has created with all their properties, and Jozy doing this clearly goes against that notion of solidarity. I wonder if Larry would ever demand an apology, or that he be moved.
    Last edited by James17930; 01-23-2020 at 10:58 AM. Reason: Spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

even if we wanted to move jozy .the way curtis moves it wouldnt get done until the summer or next jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    They spent $10 million on Pozuelo less then a year ago. This team is fine tuning for another MLS cup run this year and, more importantly, towards a big CCL push in 2021.
    I’m not so sure. We played better than expected in the playoffs last year but it has crossed my mind more than once that sort of form is not sustainable.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Conspiracy theory:

The FO leaked the story there were 'looking to move Jozy,' then let it sit there for a few hours to scare him a little bit, then "I don't know how these things get started."

There is another thing to consider here, though. Jozy's done this at least twice now. How long before Larry Tannenbaum feels offended and maybe starts getting involved?
    I don't think emotions will play too much of a part with the FO and their decision making but I am sure Curtis is thinking we could do better with that DP spot. It can't be lost on him/them that our playoff run happened without Jozy. All this Jozy social media noise just makes it easier to shop him and see what options are present. I do think that Curtis is 100% shopping him to see what's up. He wouldn't be doing his job otherwise and I don't see him as being an emotionally attached to players or coaches kind of guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson signed to Homegrown deal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another HGP signed for TFC and we are to be excited by an unproven player being signed; I still stand by a previous post I'm not comfortable with our transfers both in and out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    TFC would have to bring in someone like Cavani, Suarez or Aguero to offset the loss of Altidore. I think you would be hard pressed to get a casual fan to attend a TFC game if they sell another club legend in Altidore a year after selling Seba. Splashing the cash on one of those guys would create a major buzz and obviously produce similar if not better results on the field.
    Those guys are way out of jozys league, even Mario is. There's lots of players who could replace him and do better. Giroud, mario, hell a random striker from Burnley would out perform Jozy. I don't think Jozy sells many tickets either considering he misses half the games I don't see attendance dipping when he's out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jayden Nelson signed. Seems like a no-brainer after the other ones.

At surface level it appears Vanney will have some pressure from Curtis to play younger players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, new on the boards.

Apologies if this was brought up somewhere, but did anyone catch Curtis mentioning the other day they are in no rush to sign a DP. Found that a bit odd change of stance, coming from the FO talk of signing someone big in this window.

As for the Jozy situation, on the one hand I wish he'd recognize they won't tolerate his outbursts forever. He has it pretty good, making over 5 mil per season, and unlikely to make that much anywhere else. But, then on the other hand, I can't help but agree someone else or himself may be behind this stir-up. Maybe he wants to move but doesn't want it to seem that way to the fans?

Obviously none of us know what's happening with the DP spot being filled, but it's pretty frustrating MLSE and the FO haven't filled it yet, with the fat wallet MLSE has, but I get it's far more complicated then that. I'm not overly worried because technically we have the same "core" roster that brought us to another final, sure we've lost a few guys but hopefully Gallardo can shine, and Fraser can fill our Captains shoes until he's good.
    Initially I was against bringing Gio back for the sheer fact MB took a massive pay cut to stay, meanwhile Gio left for a huge Pay increase, only now he realizes the grass isn't greener and (if rumors are true) would like to return, but would have to do so using MB's DP slot. Probably wouldn't go over well... but I'd be open to having him back even if for a 6 month-1yr stop gap. And maybe with his injury now MB would actually be ok with it. Just hope the FO can sign a decent 2nd striker soon, or a winger. Maybe we can ask Ajax AFC if we can borrow Hakim Ziyech, or Dusan Tadic since they were looking in Holland.
    Last edited by dave343; 01-23-2020 at 11:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get rid of Jozy. Seba and Balotelli to take over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just me being my speculative self .. I've4 been against the idea of bringing Gio back .. We've still got that whole allocation thing to deal with ..

But gun to the head ...

Trade Jozy to Miami for their 2nd Allocation Order spot and a good fist full of cash .. Jozy goes back home, lives with his Florida based girlfriend etc ..
    Use that second spot in the allocation to get Gio .. (I highly doubt Nashville would block that move)
    Sign Balotelli to essentially replace Jozy

Balo and Gio will put butts in the seats in Toronto.

More than Jozy at this point.

Heck .. again .. that's just me spit balling for the sake of spit balling in this boring TFC transfer window.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaxa View Post
    hahah great minds think alike and at the same time so it seems .. I literally just posted the exact same thing. lol
    Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Fever View Post
    hahah great minds think alike and at the same time so it seems .. I literally just posted the exact same thing. lol
    Cheers
    I don't think there's room for both in a 4-3-3. But either one or prefer Mario would be nice. Imagine Mario bruma and pozuelo out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Jayden Nelson is the third homegrown signing in as many days. Coming off his first few caps for the CMNT including a goal will be interesting to see how the he does.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This team looked very good last year with no out-and-our target man. Against LAFC in LA to be specific.

I’d find a way to find a fullback on the left that’s as comfortable on the ball as Auro is on the right. Also, the luxury version of Benezet that has more speed and goal scoring ability.

Would help expand on something I feel Vanney has as a long term visions for our style of play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    So Jayden Nelson is the third homegrown signing in as many days. Coming off his first few caps for the CMNT including a goal will be interesting to see how the he does.
    Looking forward to seeing him out there this season. Hopefully in more than just VC matches.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I’d find a way to find a fullback on the left that’s as comfortable on the ball as Auro is on the right.
    Wonder if they'd consider trying to convert a midfielder like Schaff to FB. Seems to be the thing to try to do in football these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by metaxa View Post
    Balotelli's played less games than Jozy the past 2 seasons. Is that due to injury?
    His €1.5 million salary at Brescia is very reasonable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I’m not so sure. We played better than expected in the playoffs last year but it has crossed my mind more than once that sort of form is not sustainable.
    From May 31th to November 10th only lost 5 games (which includes the MLS CUP Final) - I think you are greatly underestimating the competency of this team.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dave343 View Post
    Hey guys, new on the boards.

Apologies if this was brought up somewhere, but did anyone catch Curtis mentioning the other day they are in no rush to sign a DP. Found that a bit odd change of stance, coming from the FO talk of signing someone big in this window.

As for the Jozy situation, on the one hand I wish he'd recognize they won't tolerate his outbursts forever. He has it pretty good, making over 5 mil per season, and unlikely to make that much anywhere else. But, then on the other hand, I can't help but agree someone else or himself may be behind this stir-up. Maybe he wants to move but doesn't want it to seem that way to the fans?

Obviously none of us know what's happening with the DP spot being filled, but it's pretty frustrating MLSE and the FO haven't filled it yet, with the fat wallet MLSE has, but I get it's far more complicated then that. I'm not overly worried because technically we have the same "core" roster that brought us to another final, sure we've lost a few guys but hopefully Gallardo can shine, and Fraser can fill our Captains shoes until he's good.
    Initially I was against bringing Gio back for the sheer fact MB took a massive pay cut to stay, meanwhile Gio left for a huge Pay increase, only now he realizes the grass isn't greener and (if rumors are true) would like to return, but would have to do so using MB's DP slot. Probably wouldn't go over well... but I'd be open to having him back even if for a 6 month-1yr stop gap. And maybe with his injury now MB would actually be ok with it. Just hope the FO can sign a decent 2nd striker soon, or a winger. Maybe we can ask Ajax AFC if we can borrow Hakim Ziyech, or Dusan Tadic since they were looking in Holland.

The opinion on this matter will divide this message board, but you'll either hear people say this could mean either:

1. Our preferred target isn't available yet so we'll wait until the Summer
    2. We don't have a clue what we are doing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC-Fever View Post
    This is just me being my speculative self .. I've4 been against the idea of bringing Gio back .. We've still got that whole allocation thing to deal with ..

But gun to the head ...

Trade Jozy to Miami for their 2nd Allocation Order spot and a good fist full of cash .. Jozy goes back home, lives with his Florida based girlfriend etc ..
    Use that second spot in the allocation to get Gio .. (I highly doubt Nashville would block that move)
    Sign Balotelli to essentially replace Jozy

Balo and Gio will put butts in the seats in Toronto.

More than Jozy at this point.

Heck .. again .. that's just me spit balling for the sake of spit balling in this boring TFC transfer window.

Seba is no longer a sure thing to give us results we want - he's a risk - and so is Balotelli.

On top of producing, TFC want a player who'll sell shirts and gets us noticed.
    Everyone already has a Seba Shirt - and he could very well end up being half the player he was when he left here.

Balotelli - could be a Defo pt2 - he's very volatile in a sense that he doesn't seem to stick anywhere - he could just up and want to leave before the season ends - what would make him stick here? It goes against everything they've talked about wanting guys who want to be here - why would he want to be here? in a Foreign Country? Where Footy isn't the #1 sport?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some reports were put out last night that Rogelio Funes Mori was LAG's backup plan if Hernandez fell through. If Jozy were to leave, that would be a perfect replacement. Hell, that would be a great DP regardless of it Jozy was here or not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    There guys are inept at PR. Inept.

Manning is “not sure how these things get started”....

There are many ways to say they are not moving Jozy without insinuating that Jozy's public comments at a TFC event didn’t happen and weren’t pretty unusual.

(In fact I'd like to know the number of times in the last 10 years that the top paid player on a team said something like that to the media anywhere. In any league. I mean it’s incredible.)

Instead we get gaslighting.
    This is all true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    From May 31th to November 10th only lost 5 games (which includes the MLS CUP Final) - I think you are greatly underestimating the competency of this team.
    We also tied quite a few games and only won back to back games in the regular season once during the stretch you’ve mentioned.

Not saying we’re going to bottom feed but if the expectation is we’re going back to MLS cup I think that’s a stretch unless we find a few good signings.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying we’re going to bottom feed but if the expectation is we’re going back to MLS cup I think that’s a stretch unless we find a few good signings.
    Not that it's ideal but we've seen enough instances of the team that makes the right summer changes get hot afterwards make the cup final. We did it last year and Seattle seems to always do it .

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is something to be said about an "effin team that effin works".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Beitashour with LAFC for the coming season?

It's making me wonder if they also have faith in Gallardo who we barely saw last year. Maybe Jozy is healthy...who knows.
    I wonder now how those trips to SA and Europe really panned out. I hope FO isn't thinking full rebuild. Academy signings I can only imagine will be useful this year for CanChamp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Academy signings I can only imagine will be useful this year for CanChamp.
    The three of them are essentially direct replacements for Hamilton, Chapman, and Morgan. I think Nelson stands the best chance of getting legit match action.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

I mean, Tannenbaum is big on the 'family' ideal that MLSE has created with all their properties, and Jozy doing this clearly goes against that notion of solidarity. I wonder if Larry would ever demand an apology, or that he be moved.
    Jozy mouths off about the league, the refs, the team, the USMNT, US politics. Jozy just being Jozy.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto