Page 118 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128168 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,540 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

funny thing even after MLSE spending all this money on the reno the argos may not even get a full sized cfl field to play on purposel is 110 yard field with 17 yard end zones instead of 20 yard end zones.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now my preference would be to move into 112... My kids are older now so I think it's a good time to make the move. This probably won't be an option on the initial relocation but I'm thinking maybe later through Phil and co.

Not really interested in the nose bleeds in the new east stand but I'm pretty sure this is where the availability will be. I'm in row 3 near the middle right now so I have a great view at an OK price.

This is going to be a tough one as there is so much walk up availability I really don't see any driver to sign up for season tickets but they are finally looking like a team I want to watch...
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1984 View Post
    funny thing even after MLSE spending all this money on the reno the argos may not even get a full sized cfl field to play on purposel is 110 yard field with 17 yard end zones instead of 20 yard end zones.
    I cannot wait for the day Argo fans start complaining about loosing/lack off offence because of 6 yard shortage in the end zone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone notice the introduction of Blue into the TFC "Season 10" marketing? It may be subtle but that along with last years sideline seating makes me feel like there will be a whole lot more blue to come very shortly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    Did anyone notice the introduction of Blue into the TFC "Season 10" marketing? It may be subtle but that along with last years sideline seating makes me feel like there will be a whole lot more blue to come very shortly.
    I looked through the new renewal website. And I couldn't see much. Most noticeable was our captain's armband. But that's the City of Toronto flag. Was there something in particular?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a joke the north stand will go to accommodate the fucking Argos, so the stadium will look even more open, like I said before BMO Field basically Tim Hortons Field with 3 covered stands , Tim Hortons field one ugly stadium and BMO field will be just as ugly, fuck you MLSE!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    What a joke the north stand will go to accommodate the fucking Argos, so the stadium will look even more open, like I said before BMO Field basically Tim Hortons Field with 3 covered stands , Tim Hortons field one ugly stadium and BMO field will be just as ugly, fuck you MLSE!
    This appears to be temporary as per quote below.

"Another notable change for Season 10 at BMO Field will be in the north end as we renovate that area to increase configuration flexibility and allow us to host a wider range of events"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    This appears to be temporary as per quote below.

"Another notable change for Season 10 at BMO Field will be in the north end as we renovate that area to increase configuration flexibility and allow us to host a wider range of events"

Not sure if they are saying it's temporary, or that they'll be throwing up temporary seating as necessary. (or perhaps they haven't figured it out themselves). Where is the reference from?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's marketing speak for tearing down the north stand & putting in a movable terrace which will be out for TFC games, retracted for Argos. Not the same thing as the north stand, but not completely open. (And note that the Hamilton stadium is open at both ends.)
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-16-2015 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally i would welcome a multi terraced North End which will close the stadium in somewhat. Then put in a high end bar 100 feet long with seating on both sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post
    Personally i would welcome a multi terraced North End which will close the stadium in somewhat. Then put in a high end bar 100 feet long with seating on both sides.
    exactly, build a wall of suits/club there (somewhat like Providence Park in Portland) to keep the sound in the stadium, since MLSE love to have a bunch of those anyway.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    What a coincidence...
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That's marketing speak for tearing down the north stand & putting in a movable terrace which will be out for TFC games, retracted for Argos. Not the same thing as the north stand, but not completely open. (And note that the Hamilton stadium is open at both ends.)
    I don't understand the Hamilton note. What's the reference for? Just noting the difference?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    What a coincidence...
    Another "coincidence" is one of benefit of renewing our season tickets is this:

Priority access to purchase TFC playoff tickets & other BMO Field events

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Another "coincidence" is one of benefit of renewing our season tickets is this:

Priority access to purchase TFC playoff tickets & other BMO Field events

They said the same thing in years past and it was generally access to pre-sales for Canada games (soccer and rugby)
    This is from last years site...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They said the same thing in years past and it was generally access to pre-sales for Canada games (soccer and rugby)

Really? I never got emails for deals of other BMO field events. This is news to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hamilton reference was me noting that my preference is for the more enclosed type stadiums I just don't like stadiums that have an open end zones , the new Tim Hortons stadium in Hamilton has no real stands in each end zones so it feels even more open than BMO, so I just mentioned that by taking out the south stand BMO will look more and more like the Hamilton stadium that IMO is one ugly stadium, the best new CFL stadium in terms of design is Winnipegs new stadium, another new stadium that I'm not too fond of is the new Ottawa one that again is too open for my liking.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

And this coming year MAY get a friendly or last group game but it will be up to them to take a chance on the grass in November.

and a grey cup
    and Argos seats
    and...hockey?
    concerts won't be far behind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Really? I never got emails for deals of other BMO field events. This is news to me!
    Weird. Gold Cup and Pacific Nations Cup were two things I can defo remember getting emails about this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khso11 View Post
    exactly, build a wall of suits/club there (somewhat like Providence Park in Portland) to keep the sound in the stadium, since MLSE love to have a bunch of those anyway.
    OK a low end bar then ... to keep suits out. However something to mimic the great vibe of the current north end patio. And build something that is a bit more permament

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand the Hamilton note. What's the reference for? Just noting the difference?
    The Hamilton reference was me noting that my preference is for the more enclosed type stadiums I just don't like stadiums that have an open end zones , the new Tim Hortons stadium in Hamilton has no real stands in each end zones so it feels even more open than BMO, so I just mentioned that by taking out the south stand BMO will look more and more like the Hamilton stadium that IMO is one ugly stadium, the best new CFL stadium in terms of design is Winnipegs new stadium, another new stadium that I'm not too fond of is the new Ottawa one that again is too open for my liking.
    Yes SoccMan2 explained my reference to his earlier comment above.

I was in Hamilton for the Pan Am women's soccer final. That stadium is really bizarre. I mean the ends are so open, it's like the stands could be looking down onto a race track, or an airport runway.

At least we'll still have the south stands at BMO. And in the north end, it will depend alot on the exact configuration & use of whatever terrace thingy they might build there. Nobody really knows, but plunk down your deposit, or renew your seasons tickets right now please!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And this coming year MAY get a friendly or last group game but it will be up to them to take a chance on the grass in November.

and a grey cup
    and Argos seats
    and...hockey?
    concerts won't be far behind.
    I can't wait for my first "become a Argo season seat holder" email from MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OTDude82 View Post

I thought that was the plan ... just like San Jose's new stadium. Only it would be removed for Argo games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1984 View Post
    I think the point is they are not doing the full argos retrofit ($20M) and probably only spending $5m by only knocking down north end and having 17yd endzones.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yes SoccMan2 explained my reference to his earlier comment above.

I was in Hamilton for the Pan Am women's soccer final. That stadium is really bizarre. I mean the ends are so open, it's like the stands could be looking down onto a race track, or an airport runway.

At least we'll still have the south stands at BMO. And in the north end, it will depend alot on the exact configuration & use of whatever terrace thingy they might build there. Nobody really knows, but plunk down your deposit, or renew your seasons tickets right now please!
    I caught all the Canada games at Pan Am stadium/ THF. I agree it's not so impressive as to trump BMO for Footy but I'm glad we'll have the 3 sides to prevent the lakeshore wind tunnel.

If there's any confusion I'll repeat again:

North is coming down and a temp patio is in for TFC. They talked about retractable seating for a minute and discarded for all but the South end first 6-8 rows to make enough room for Argos and the Grey Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I caught all the Canada games at Pan Am stadium/ THF. I agree it's not so impressive as to trump BMO for Footy but I'm glad we'll have the 3 sides to prevent the lakeshore wind tunnel.

If there's any confusion I'll repeat again:

North is coming down and a temp patio is in for TFC. They talked about retractable seating for a minute and discarded for all but the South end first 6-8 rows to make enough room for Argos and the Grey Cup.
    Southend isn't retractable, those rows will be removable as far as I know.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    Southend isn't retractable, those rows will be removable as far as I know.
    HA! So they went with the money saver, eh? More work for the interns I suppose. Hope they can bounce with you gents on them without collapsing.

Price increase for removable seats. Makes sense if you're allowed to take them home with you. That would be a great value.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and of course the sound simply escapes ......tell me the difference btw our new stadium and Columbus's which we all so much admire....(sic) , ha at least theres is soccer specific .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a quagmire , a great city like Toronto and not one sports specific stadium , skydive a joke , now with accountants designing this lego adaption for god knows what sports , entertainment , this (stadium)? , will fail all sports and be perfect for none . An amalgamation of idiots , trying to make as much money as possible with the least amount of input .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    and of course the sound simply escapes ......tell me the difference btw our new stadium and Columbus's which we all so much admire....(sic) , ha at least theres is soccer specific .
    They play American football in Columbus's stadium - and many soccer-specific stadium.

Our stadium will remain soccer-specific. It won't be soccer-exclusive - never was. There's been several full-scale Rugby matches there recently in addition to both the Men's and Women's Rugby 7 tournament during the Pan-Am Games.