Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Onward! - The inconsistency of youth

Ah, young soccer players.

Promise, potential – and won’t they just drive you nuts every now and then?

Or – in the context of Toronto FC’s 0-2 loss to Chicago on Saturday ....

http://onwardsoccer.com/2009/05/18/t...ency-of-youth/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thought I'd just post something for you, since no one else does anymore

Reina de la Carretera
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good blog as always Ben.
    RPB Road Warrior. Crew 5/26/07, Boston 6/23/07, Chi 7/7/07, NY 8/11/07, DC 9/29/07, LA 10/13/07, MLS Cup 11/18/07, C-Bus 3/25/08, DC 5/24/08, MTL 5/27/08, Chi 7/12/08, KC 9/20/08, KC Opener 3/21/09, C-Bus 3/28/09, DC March 5/9/09, Super Draft 2010, CCC 2010, MTL 5/12/10, Philly 7/17/10, Honduras 8/3/10, NY 8/11/10, Mexico 9/21/10, Turkey 01/29/11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoBlades View Post
    thought I'd just post something for you, since no one else does anymore
    It's because so often, there's little to argue about because it always makes sense.

Nevertheless, I still disagree with Ben on the penalty. Sure, that Chicago guy's arms weren't too far from his body but really the difference between that and the Wynne penalty against DC is about 5 inches.

The Dallas penalty sucked, but was clear-cut. The DC penalty was also hard to take but I agreed with it because there were two DC players who were prevented from playing the ball because of the handball.

But the Chicago non-call is just...argh. It was so refreshing to not get jobbed by the referees, I had actually given them 6s and 7s in my match ratings for doing a good job. The only real difference between the DC penalty and the Chicago non-call was that Wynne's arm was about 5 inches further from his body than the Chicago player.

It may be enough of a difference in the eyes of MLS and its referees but after getting screwed on what feels like a dozen 50-50 penalty calls since TFC began play, I'm just not buying it, nor should I be expected to. I require a better explanation.

Cummins says that he doesn't get angry about calls like this, becase they eventually even out, but when is that going to happen? We're "owed" quite a few. I'm, not angry or irate, calling everyone imbeciles. I'm just sad and desperate for some fairness.

P.S. And no, it's not because you tend to remember the negative calls more than the positive ones.

RPB 2019 Membership Team
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fine blog as always and great perspective
    wow 2016 and things are looking up --- come on you reds lets go