Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Meh...when the owner of the Argos himself says in an interview that he is losing money, TV ratings mean shunt.
    Who said anything about the Argos, the comment was that TFC ratings went up, and i would not say TV ratings mean nothing. The CFL went from 1.8 million per team to 4.6 million per team. MLS is always chasing the big TV contract and so they should, TV money is what makes major leagues, Major leagues. The NFL and MLB don't have to sell 1 ticket and they are already making money and turn a profit from their TV money. TFC owners said they will lose money this year too, so what. It's good to see TFC go from 22,000 (which ment NO ONE WATCHED THAT GAME) to 150,000 in just a few weeks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, so why bold the CFL games again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did did not bold them, I cut and pasted right from the site, never even noticed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not really notice the bold or even think about it when I cut and pasted from Yahoo sports, however with that being said, I do see your point, that was my mistake, but again I did not think about it at the time, my bad, as my kid say

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    TSN has been bad for TFC.
    Not sure you can blame the network that recorded the single largest viewing audience for the lack of ongoing interest in the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No MLS match made it to top 16 last weekend. With additional viewing choices becoming available in the fall with NHL & NFL, unless a Canadian team makes the playoffs, there is no hope for MLS matches cracking 100k mark.

1. CFL, Blue Bombers at Roughriders, Sunday, TSN: 1,144,000

2. CFL, Eskimos at Stampeders, Monday, TSN: 885,000

3. CFL, Argonauts at Ticats, Monday, TSN: 796,000

4. Tennis, U.S. Open, Bouchard vs. Makarova, Monday, TSN/RDS: 755,000

5. MLB, Yankees at Blue Jays, Sunday, Sportsnet: 594,000

6. MLB, Yankees at Blue Jays, Friday, Sportsnet: 579,000

7. MLB, Yankees at Blue Jays, Saturday, Sportsnet: 576,000

8. CFL, RedBlacks at Alouettes, Friday, TSN: 485,000

9. Tennis, U.S. Open, Raonic vs. Nishikora, Monday, TSN/RDS: 448,000

10. Auto racing, NASCAR Sprint Cup, Sunday, TSN: 244,000 (Fox audience not measured)

11. PGA, Deutschebank Championship third round, Sunday, Global: 241,000

12. Martial arts, UFC 177 prelims, Saturday, Sportsnet360: 137,000

13. Soccer, EPL various games, Sunday, TSN: 121,000

14. Soccer, EPL various games, Saturday, TSN: 107,000

15. Soccer, Crystal Palace at Newcastle, Saturday, Sportsnet: 98,000

16. Athletics, Nanjing Youth Olympics, Saturday, CBC: 95,000

On the other hand, maybe Toronto FC needs as many feeds as it can get. Its game against New England on Saturday was seen by only 22,000 viewers on Sportsnet360.
    Last edited by mr k; 09-04-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22K, that's about the same as the live attendance.
    wow.

I know i'm super into TFC.
    But it blows my mind that 4 times the number of people prefer to watch Youth Athletics.
    6 times watch UFC pre-lims.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92000 people put CBC on as wallpaper.

Nobody does that with Sportsnet360.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

92000 people put CBC on as wallpaper.

Nobody does that with Sportsnet360.
    i dont even know what sportsnet360 is? is that another channel? how is different than the other channels

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    i dont even know what sportsnet360 is? is that another channel? how is different than the other channels
    Lets stop making excuses. Channel 53 The Score/Sportsnet360 is a CRTC-mandated channel in every cable package in the country free for over a decade.
    MLSE has to do a better job marketing the team. F*cking Rogers (as co-owner) has to give a sh*t about this team ... which it obviously doesn't b/c it hardly promotes it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    Lets stop making excuses. Channel 53 The Score/Sportsnet360 is a CRTC-mandated channel in every cable package in the country free for over a decade.
    MLSE has to do a better job marketing the team. F*cking Rogers (as co-owner) has to give a sh*t about this team ... which it obviously doesn't b/c it hardly promotes it.
    Rogers don't promote any of the content the CTRC forces them to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sportsnet360 is the same as the Score?

sorry, I havent had cable in a while. I thought it was a newer channel like TSN 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

22,000...scary.....does any one know if that is the lowest number we have seen thus far?

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    22K, that's about the same as the live attendance.
    wow.

I know i'm super into TFC.
    But it blows my mind that 4 times the number of people prefer to watch Youth Athletics.
    6 times watch UFC pre-lims.
    A commentator brought this up.. sort of.. on the air the other day. Can't recall who it was but essentially the point was until fans can discuss players on the other teams with knowledge. We can name players in MLB outside of the Jays, in the NHL outside of the Leafs… NBA… NFL and even the CFL.

Many of us don't follow the MLS playoffs let alone have any real knowledge of the skills and abilities of the rosters we face. Some do but the vast majority don't. Until that happens with the majority of fans, it will always be seen as a fringe sport unfortunately.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    22,000...scary.....does any one know if that is the lowest number we have seen thus far?
    i'm even more concerned about the stadium expansion now. sure MLSE can probably sell those seats next year on the "newness", but year 2,3,4. Then there are empty seats. Then people won't by SSH anymore because the know they can buy single games seats. Its a viscous cycle.

F*ck .. i know its not my millions ... but i have sweat & tear equity in this club ... plus $1500 a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    A commentator brought this up.. sort of.. on the air the other day. Can't recall who it was but essentially the point was until fans can discuss players on the other teams with knowledge. We can name players in MLB outside of the Jays, in the NHL outside of the Leafs… NBA… NFL and even the CFL.

Many of us don't follow the MLS playoffs let alone have any real knowledge of the skills and abilities of the rosters we face. Some do but the vast majority don't. Until that happens with the majority of fans, it will always be seen as a fringe sport unfortunately.
    Just to add to your point, I think understanding the league rules is another aspect that's stunting interest. In those other leagues you get near complete transparency, MLS still doesn't look like a "real league" because of magic money and so call "budgets/cap"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill bet you TFC gets alot of news articles read though

Its a real life soap opera at MLSE

Player shpoffing Prez's daughter and all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Just to add to your point, I think understanding the league rules is another aspect that's stunting interest. In those other leagues you get near complete transparency, MLS still doesn't look like a "real league" because of magic money and so call "budgets/cap"
    I'll be honest here, i love TFC but up to now their games have been hard to watch. That first year was different, I know novelty and all, but it was way more entertaining to watch. Even our Canadian rivals are more entertaining right now, I love watching Vancouver with Morales and and the exciting youth that they have on that team. Honestly, i think MLS has some quality, with the exception of say games involving chivas, Colorado, and Houston , there are good games to be watched regularly. I wish more people would tune in.TFC games have gotten better this year, but nowhere near what I expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm even more concerned about the stadium mexpansion now. sure MLSE can probably sell those seats next year on the "newness", but year 2,3,4. Then there are empty seats. Then people won't by SSH anymore because the know they can buy single games seats. Its a viscous cycle.

F*ck .. i know its not my millions ... but i have sweat & tear equity in this club ... plus $1500 a season.
    I hear ya, unless things change, gonna be a tough sell.....i chuckle every time I see the 'waiting list' blurb on Sportsnet telecasts.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i'm even more concerned about the stadium expansion now. sure MLSE can probably sell those seats next year on the "newness", but year 2,3,4. Then there are empty seats. Then people won't by SSH anymore because the know they can buy single games seats. Its a viscous cycle.

That was my economic calculation last year and my decision to opt out. Many people that asked if I still had seasons were shocked that I would give them up when they were "good." When we factored in the games we'd miss because of kids' sports and other commitments and the fact we couldn't sell off our seats… the decision not to renew was made easier.

We've thought about getting back in as we missed seeing the same people game in and game out and really thought about it when it looked like they had the balls to sell Defoe but in the spin that followed, I'm letting the economics do my thinking.

Easiest sold out ticket in town to get and it's bound to get easier.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Absolutely. I play golf with a casual MLS fan. Knows enough that he can name Defoe and Bradley and where TFC is in the standings but when we get talking about the inner workings of the league, he makes analogies to Professional Wrestling. I can't say that I can defend MLS' honour when that talk starts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new low for TFC

DOGS OF THE WEEK: Toronto FC continues to create more interest for its boardroom machinations than what takes place on the pitch. Saturday's game against Chicago drew an average of 14,000 viewers to Sportsnet 360. Regardless of the possible explanations, that's as close to being a non-entity as you get. Coming close to that kind of irrelevance was Canada's Davis Cup matches against Colombia. They could do no better than 35,000 on Sportsnet 360 on Sunday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr k View Post
    new low for TFC

DOGS OF THE WEEK: Toronto FC continues to create more interest for its boardroom machinations than what takes place on the pitch. Saturday's game against Chicago drew an average of 14,000 viewers to Sportsnet 360. Regardless of the possible explanations, that's as close to being a non-entity as you get. Coming close to that kind of irrelevance was Canada's Davis Cup matches against Colombia. They could do no better than 35,000 on Sportsnet 360 on Sunday.
    never thought it could get worse than 22k .... it did

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the marketing is god awful, i'm not surprised

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Our infamous club, that on a good day two weeks ago got maybe 25 people to care enough to come on this site, is suddenly today the worldwide enemy of millions of England (and USMNT) fans.

It is a day for all of us, the very, very, very few who have cared about this little team throughout, to smile.
    This was something I posted the day Defoe and Bradley signed. I guess we're going back to having the same old 25 people care!

Feels like home to me.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can't believe the argos want to owned by crappy MLSE.

Maybe TL can buy TFC from MLSE where ever he goes ... didn't AEG own both LA and Houston under TL's reign and still do

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

14?

That season ticket wait list must have an unsubscribe option.

That is horrible. These guys deserve more attention than that. You would think that even the negative press would have given them a bump.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mr k View Post
    new low for TFC

I'm sorry but 14K cannot be correct. TFC is in the middle of a playoff fight so I don't believe for a second that that is the interest level that can be generated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportsnet 360 is a trainwreck of a channel though. Rogers should have kept The Score branding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    I'm sorry but 14K cannot be correct. TFC is in the middle of a playoff fight so I don't believe for a second that that is the interest level that can be generated.
    Actually, i was surprised they could measure that low. PPMs are very accurate even catch people watching in bars and at the gym.