Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    great fk from our mvp. seiously gtfo mariner u piece of shit.
    Could not agree with you more... Dunfield couldn't hit water if he fell out a boat.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Season 6 is officially dead. See you guys at the wake (seriously, we're having an Irish wake).

check the member's area for details.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Last Game . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Connon_1991 View Post
    Big clean out needed... Marnier must go
    It is a dull day and pouring rain . . . can't see Paul's eyes with the shades:
    • covering the shame in his eyes? Lowest point total in the history of the club!
    • covering his tears? He is sad. Perhaps his last game?
    • covering his tears? Glad feeling that TFC doesn't have to play any more!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    Season 6 is officially dead. See you guys at the wake (seriously, we're having an Irish wake).

check the member's area for details.
    An Irish wake would bring more excitement than most games viewed at BMO this year!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#FireMarinerAndCochraneNow

that is all...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Season ended the way it was likely going to....if Mariner is in charge next season (which he should be) likely no change...carry on then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank God Its OVER !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny that PM hates Avila so much to be honest he looked half decent today.. I do rate Silva though on a good team he would fit right in lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

34 games. 23 points. 5 wins. 21 losses (!!!). 8 draws. 36 goals scored. 62 goals conceded. -26 goal differential.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I miss?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mariner's quote about Hall's big miss a couple of games back.
    “Jeremy is in a very unusual position in the penalty area where he’s usually in our penalty area, defending,"

His solution? Put Cann up there. Im sure he's used to being up there....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Winter is fired (or let go) after 10 games into the season while Mariner who hasn't won a game in the last 14-16 game is staying and perhaps promoted? Don't MLSE see anything wrong with this picture? I don't know how in the world can MLSE sell Mariner to fans for next season. Mariner and Co are nothing but a cancer and longer you keep them, the more damage they'll do which lead to TFC losing fanbase forever which eventually MLSE will sell the team below market value and then be relocated somewhere in USA.

Even during Mo Johnson era, hate for TFC FO wasn't that strong. This is whole new level of hate towards TFC FO. I can't believe how ML$E could be so blind not to see this.

This off-season is do or die for TFC. If they don't get things right by starting next season, then say goodbye to a lot of soccer fan (including hardcore fans here). Price reduction isn't going to solve much.
    Last edited by TFC07; 10-28-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Connon_1991 View Post
    Lol its actually depressing to think that he is our mvp..
    But he assisted Crew's first goal and conceded a pk. I thought these things make you a good player?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following message dumb'd down for Belgers Executives

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    So Winter is fired (or let go) after 10 games into the season while Mariner who hasn't won a game in the last 14-16 game is staying and perhaps promoted? .
    well, actually it was 1 season plus those 10 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flipityflu View Post
    well, actually it was 1 season plus those 10 games.
    No, it was more for losing streak beginning of the season. If wasn't for losing streak, he will still be here especially after CCL run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No surprise with the result. The clown must disappear. Both Halls stand out as particularly pathetic.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting catch, Avila coming off in the last game of the season, no hug or handshake from PM... What I find extra weird in this context: Avila is one of three players coming to the first TFC Pub Crawl next Tuesday (together with Hassli & Amerikwa). Interesting to feature a player that is so obviously out of favour. If Avila knows what is coming, maybe he will be willing to say something honest? Nah, I doubt it, but still makes me wonder if that might make it worthwhile to attend this event, I've never been to one.

I hadn't paid any attention to the available subs. Unbelievable that Mariner only made two subs in this throwaway game, while leaving Lindsay & Cordon on the bench & pushing Adrian Cann forward as a striker..........???????????????????????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Interesting catch, Avila coming off in the last game of the season, no hug or handshake from PM... What I find extra weird in this context: Avila is one of three players coming to the first TFC Pub Crawl next Tuesday (together with Hassli & Amerikwa). Interesting to feature a player that is so obviously out of favour. If Avila knows what is coming, maybe he will be willing to say something honest? Nah, I doubt it, but still makes me wonder if that might make it worthwhile to attend this event, I've never been to one.

I hadn't paid any attention to the available subs. Unbelievable that Mariner only made two subs in this throwaway game, while leaving Lindsay & Cordon on the bench & pushing Adrian Cann forward as a striker..........???????????????????????
    I have a feeling Cann was put in that position because of the comments made on the 590.

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Socce...--Thursday.mp3

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Eric Avila holds up the ball, wins us a free kick, something no midfielder's been able to do for months. Strange that we chose not to use Avila before the last two games of the season...
    but wait he gets taken off for a defender , Emory when we're losing........genius
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    but wait he gets taken off for a defender , Emory when we're losing........genius
    We've seen PM's innovative thinking since his very first game! Why, he's done things that house league coaches wouldn't do!

[/sarcasm]
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our team is bad at the soccers. Discuss.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ArmenJBX View Post
    34 games. 23 points. 5 wins. 21 losses (!!!). 8 draws. 36 goals scored. 62 goals conceded. -26 goal differential.
    What's most depressing is comparing that to our record in 2007. 30 games, 25 points, 6 wins 17 losses, 7 draws, 25 for, 49 against, -25 GD.

Says a lot when you have less points despite playing 4 more games than a team assembled and coached by MoJo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff s View Post
    But he assisted Crew's first goal and conceded a pk. I thought these things make you a good player?
    Also not being able to take a corner or a decent free kick makes you the best player.

Dunfield and Marnier out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    Our team is bad at the soccers. Discuss.

- Scott
    Nah - we are just really unlucky with injuries. Tying up ~ 37% of your cap in 3 DPs, two of which are old and injury prone has nothing to do with that. And trading away the underperforming one and signing another one who was injured as well also has nothing to do with it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could not believe it when Silva ran over the ball and Dunfield took the final freekick. When something hasn't been working again & again, WTF why don't you try something different for the last kick of the season, and let Silva take that kick? Or Reggie Lambe, or Wiedeman or whoever. FFS, why don't you sub in Quillan Roberts as a pinch kicker for the last gasp of the season, he couldn't have done worse than Dunfield on that kick, and would have added bit more comedy to this shit show.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it me, or did TFC actually played a more possession, pass the ball on the ground game instead of mindless hoofball?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    is it me, or did TFC actually played a more possession, pass the ball on the ground game instead of mindless hoofball?
    no i totally noticed that as well. We had way more combinations and, just about, even possession today. I wasn't embarrassed completely by our performance today. Cann, was pleasantly a boss-man back there today. stopped a lot of attackers from turning and shut them down fast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Avila. he has the technique to hold onto the ball. Seriously, it made a difference. If we hold the ball up, we get players into positions to open things up.

But we still sucked balls after about 60 min.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Avila. he has the technique to hold onto the ball. Seriously, it made a difference. If we hold the ball up, we get players into positions to open things up.

But we still sucked balls after about 60 min.
    Too bad Avila is going to be gone. I don't understand why Mariner refuses to see that Avila is AM in a possession based game. And the dude is only freaking 24.

I'm going to miss Avila, esp when he breaks ankles to score that goal vs RSL
    Last edited by Yohan; 10-29-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano