Page 119 of 191 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129169 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,570 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    @ £35mm price tag, £350,000 a week, not very well... I do not support said rumour.. lol
    Ha beat me to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out @education_agent’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/education_agent/...229217792?s=09

Lmfao this guy is making shit up for attention

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    @ £35mm price tag, £350,000 a week, not very well... I do not support said rumour.. lol
    Well I mean team formation, but that works too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Check out @education_agent’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/education_agent/...229217792?s=09

Lmfao this guy is making shit up for attention
    maybe it’s Curtis or Manning’s burner twitter account

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the real question is did Ozil fake a leg injury to go to a medical recently? If not then I am not convinced.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    Well I mean team formation, but that works too!
    I think he’d be a fringe off the bench back up for Boyd or Delgado, no way he can crack the rest of our congested midfield.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was literally in Switzerland less than 24h ago. Complete BS.
    That Batman dude can get him here in a flash using the batmobile

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mesut Özil, LOL.

Well his agent was supposedly seen at the Kia training ground. Who else (other than Özil) does he represent? Maybe that's closer to the truth.

Yeah but it's all a lark.

EDIT so has our fan scouting been upgraded from roller blades to batmobiles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reliable source has Ozil or his representation even in Toronto in the last month let alone week

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No reliable source has Ozil or his representation even in Toronto in the last month let alone week
    Yeah but has anybody updated Özil's Wikipedia page yet? I miss those crazy days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From KJ:

Preparing for the 2019 season here are some numbers I discovered regarding Giovinco’s 2018:

TFC’s MLS goal difference was 55-48 in the 78% of the season he played in.
    It was 4-16 in the other 22%. He missed just 345 mins of the last 24 games during which the club scored 0 goals.

With Giovinco on the field in 2018 Toronto FC scored an MLS league goal once every 43.3 minutes.

Without him they scored a league goal once every 168.5 minutes. The only goals they did score were Taintor @ Houston, OG @ NE (both when 3-0 down) + Chapman & Telfer vs Orlando(h)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    From KJ:

Preparing for the 2019 season here are some numbers I discovered regarding Giovinco’s 2018:

It was 4-16 in the other 22%. He missed just 345 mins of the last 24 games during which the club scored 0 goals.

With Giovinco on the field in 2018 Toronto FC scored an MLS league goal once every 43.3 minutes.

Without him they scored a league goal once every 168.5 minutes. The only goals they did score were Taintor @ Houston, OG @ NE (both when 3-0 down) + Chapman & Telfer vs Orlando(h)
    #1 question is of those minutes how many was Altidore injured for. Otherwise that's pretty dire.

The good thing about getting a new DP the last minute is that the CCL teams wont have time to scout them. Well its not like they really have much to scout now.
    Last edited by Richard; 02-06-2019 at 08:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From KJ:

They also need to correlate in there when we did and when we didn't have Altidore or Vazquez as well. Quite the difference in numbers but him being on or off the field was not the only factor in that stat in an injury plagued 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would be an okay loan i suppose for Ozil, but it completely makes no sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will feel a bit weird without Seba...just his passion on that free kick goal vs Tigres...that passion after the goal was my favorite moment of his.

https://twitter.com/Alhilal_EN/statu...23591397724160

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    Will feel a bit weird without Seba...just his passion on that free kick goal vs Tigres...that passion after the goal was my favorite moment of his.

https://twitter.com/Alhilal_EN/statu...23591397724160

MLSE could somehow manage to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Bayle. Nothing will compare to those magical moments Seba brought us. This whole transfer thing was a debacle and will be a stain on this team for a decade or more. MLSE has more money than God, they could have given him $10 mil per season for three more years. I call bullshit on his age issue, because those free kicks will be sailing off his boot for years, only for a different club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    MLSE could somehow manage to sign Messi, Ronaldo and Bayle. Nothing will compare to those magical moments Seba brought us. This whole transfer thing was a debacle and will be a stain on this team for a decade or more. MLSE has more money than God, they could have given him $10 mil per season for three more years. I call bullshit on his age issue, because those free kicks will be sailing off his boot for years, only for a different club.
    How much profit does TFC actually generate? Because regardless of how much money MLSE has, they're not just going to flush money down the toilet on a "feel-good" salary for an aging player when they could potentially upgrade the position instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we're not signing Ozil lmao

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    we're not signing Ozil lmao
    It can be our Almiron project. TFC discovers star in the making, sells to Newcastle for record fee after exceptional MLS season!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    How much profit does TFC actually generate? Because regardless of how much money MLSE has, they're not just going to flush money down the toilet on a "feel-good" salary for an aging player when they could potentially upgrade the position instead.
    That is the point. They didn’t need to upgrade. It would be cheaper, in the next few years, to keep the player who has already proven himself. Last year was an anomaly, and Seba still carried the team. Transitioning to a midfield role (his natural position), he could have saved money by outlasting a lot of the useless mid level players who will come, and go. Paying him 10 mil would be a bargain, if as I suspect, we get nothing but a turnstile group of players, none of whom, are capable of bringing back a champion team. And at 32, he is not in decline. Lot of older world class players, are still playing with the bigger clubs until their mid or late 30s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we move the Giovinco talk to the former players thread.

Still quiet on the Hanni and Menendez fronts...I had read somewhere and will try and find source that linked Yassine Benzia to TFC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yassine_Benzia

EDIT: He is (was) on loan at Fenerbahce but has not been registered for the rest of the 2019 campaign. He is linked to MLS or China.

http://www.football365.fr/yassine-be...t-8873572.html (NOTE: en français)
    Last edited by Smokecell; 02-06-2019 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From KJ:

Perhaps he was worth $7 million.... sorta like Lebron: give him the ball and just stand back and watch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Perhaps he was worth $7 million.... sorta like Lebron: give him the ball and just stand back and watch.
    he was worth the option year at the bare minimum. He had lots of miles left. But if he was a distraction because of his contract status and/or his agent then well...faaaak.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I wanted to keep him too, but I wouldn’t have paid him his ask.

I don’t think he was that guy... he had a petulant side, got frustrated with his teammates... I was never sure he could transition to a savvy veteran playmaker role, he seemed very reliant on physical gifts more than guile.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Can we move the Giovinco talk to the former players thread.

Still quiet on the Hanni and Menendez fronts...I had read somewhere and will try and find source that linked Yassine Benzia to TFC

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yassine_Benzia

EDIT: He is (was) on loan at Fenerbahce but has not been registered for the rest of the 2019 campaign. He is linked to MLS or China.

http://www.football365.fr/yassine-be...t-8873572.html (NOTE: en français)
    Sorry, I meant to put that in the other thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    They're not upgrading now, in July, next year or the year after.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    he was worth the option year at the bare minimum. He had lots of miles left. But if he was a distraction because of his contract status and/or his agent then well...faaaak.
    He was the franchise player who deserved the money he wanted. Does DP money effect non DP payroll? No. Does this team have a shit ton? Yes. Was his ability worth it? Yes.
    We will see if he was worth it when the team is in dead last and maybe 8k people show up to games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I don’t think he was that guy... he had a petulant side, got frustrated with his teammates... I was never sure he could transition to a savvy veteran playmaker role, he seemed very reliant on physical gifts more than guile.
    He got frustrated when his teammates played like shit. Mostly Delgado who cost the team the Champions League. And he got frustrated with the shitty field. Wow! What a horrible cancer he was!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

My question would be about the team as a whole. Can the team play better team soccer, rather than “we’ve got the best guy and let’s assume he’ll do something amazing” soccer.
    I think that’s quite possible. But only with careful and diligent planning - which clearly hasn’t happened. It’s one of the reasons they should have dealt with this after 2017 and in my view tied him up for option and one more year at the same salary or agreed to let him go after 2018 if that wasn’t possible on Sebas side.

Separately, if he was a problem in the dressing room his departure might help. But judging by the on field stats he didn’t carry it on to the field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by InDa_110 View Post
    They're not upgrading now, in July, next year or the year after.
    Do you have inside information?