Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gerba vs. Samuel - A True Pie eating contest

The irony of it all is that Samuel might have been faster. And For the love of all things that are important to the beautiful game, if you are going to play this style, Dichio, who clearly has no eating disorders is far more likely to deliver.

Is this more nonsence from Mo? Are we so completely incapable of recognizing who can finish?

O'brien white might be the future, but after 3 years of what can only be discribed as an interesting form of torment, I find myself wondering whether Gerba does not embody everything (Well, Robsinson an Brennan are perhapas the true leaders of this VERY select club...) that is wrong with our team. Our inability to learn from serious mistaks worries me.. Does it worry you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude lay off Gerba, you will never have half the talent our boy has in one of his stomachs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many "stomachs" does it take to be a forward for TFC? One of the lesser questons we have to ask oursleves, I know. However, HOLY MOLY! He could play for the Chicago bears. No wait. That was "the fridge!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As someone that has been up-close to Gerba and spoken to him, he isn't fat. He's muscle.

The fast thing I may agree with. Samuel might have been faster.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL and no one says this thread is stupid???
    Toronto 'til I die although still a Leeds fan at heart...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in-between the lines I did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a reason why he was released from a 3rd division club....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is actually stupid is the punishment we are taking as fans...

Dichio continues to be the most reliable producer we have up front. But he comes in at 75-80 mins.

Let's express our outrage! Mo's selling a lot of beer, but his football (There is no way that our thumb ring wearing coach, Mr. Cummins..., is to blame...) is not competitive...

SIggi pulled it off in one year. MLSE has money (turf be damned as an excuse..), as such mediocrity must be blamed on someone!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bombonera View Post
    How many "stomachs" does it take to be a forward for TFC?
    I'm guessing you've never worked a "Guess Your Age Or Weight" booth at a carnival.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SIggi pulled it off in one year.
    Seattle just lost to Barca 4-0. Same margin of victory as RM over TFC. Sigi hasn't won shit yet with Seattle, and it's hardly "one year" given the number of USL players who were allowed to move to MLS with the franchise.

MLSE has money (turf be damned as an excuse..), as such mediocrity must be blamed on someone!
    And what does money have to do with anything in a salary-capped league?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    There's a reason why he was released from a 3rd division club....
    And there's also a reason why he has a 1 in 2 strike rate, as the regular starting forward for the Canadian Men's National Team.

I must say, I'm a little concerned that Gerba is already turning into the latest fan pariah, despite doing absolutely nothing to deserve the label as of yet.

And Gerba isn't fat, he's just big. The guy is all muscle, if you haven't noticed by the way the guy absolutely crushes players on the pitch.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    And there's also a reason why he has a 1 in 2 strike rate, as the regular starting forward for the Canadian Men's National Team.

I must say, I'm a little concerned that Gerba is already turning into the latest fan pariah, despite doing absolutely nothing to deserve the label as of yet.

And Gerba isn't fat, he's just big. The guy is all muscle, if you haven't noticed by the way the guy absolutely crushes players on the pitch.

- Scott
    I've got nothing against him, but I also didn't really have high expectation for him either. Of course I hoped that he would do well, but I was never convinced that he would. I think Gerba does well in CONCACAF games for Canada because he's a big player who can out muscle (typically) smaller defenders. The MLS has bigger and more physical players so its less in his favour, although he will still be able to compete. In England, his problem was his unwillingness to track back or do anything other than poach goals. With out team, that shouldn't be an issue because we need goals more than anything...in England you either need to be an elite level poacher, or have a more complete game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care what anyone looks like if he produces.

But Gerba had better have a good strike rate, looking like that. Fitness is important in football.

This could easily follow the arc of the Samuel thing. When Samuel first came in, there were lots of "it's not fat, it's muscle posts".

It's fat if he doesn't score enough. We can call it muscle if he does.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys need to get a life. Do you not have anything else better to do then pick on each one of our players? Can you do better? Have you forgotten that we play in a salary-capped league and our options are limited?

Piss off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this some sort of joke? The next thing I will see you type is that Vitti is better then Gerba.....

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The irony of it all is that Samuel might have been faster. And For the love of all things that are important to the beautiful game, if you are going to play this style, Dichio, who clearly has no eating disorders is far more likely to deliver.

Is this more nonsence from Mo? Are we so completely incapable of recognizing who can finish?

O'brien white might be the future, but after 3 years of what can only be discribed as an interesting form of torment, I find myself wondering whether Gerba does not embody everything (Well, Robsinson an Brennan are perhapas the true leaders of this VERY select club...) that is wrong with our team. Our inability to learn from serious mistaks worries me.. Does it worry you?
    Tired old cliches, non-sequiturs, bad rhetorical questions and incomprehensible points (recognizing who can finish- the guy who has the record of finishing who scored on his debut? Maybe).

Big "mistak" indeed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this thread is pathetic and stupid, and should be shut down immediately

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sorry, Bombonera, but you're way off base here.

Gerba might not be in top shape yet, but if you'd rather have Samuel than him, then I seriously question your judgement of players.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

TFC RealDeal RPB

^^ no kidding he need's more time were not going to see the best Gerba untill next year so stop DITCHIN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is what I personally don't understand. Why is it that Gerba comes in and he automatically gets the starting role? This is where I question who's calling the shots. Gerba has done absolutely nothing to show he's a better strike then dichio or even Barrett. I'm not saying fire Gerba. I'm saying he should have to earn his spot. He hasn't done that in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last game I was saying he reminds me of that pie eater...whats his name samuel...very similar build, by that i mean the gut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack, there is no way that I am suggesting that Samuel would be my preferred anything. I would be giving my own head "a shake" if I wanted him back...

I think that Pachuco gets th reasn for my outrage. I mean, We played a couple of games with Barrett, Dichio and Vitti up front and things were hapenning. Why does Gerba merit the starting position? He simply has not shown any interesting play, althgh yes, he can lean on people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy Unikronik View Post
    You guys need to get a life. Do you not have anything else better to do then pick on each one of our players? Can you do better? Have you forgotten that we play in a salary-capped league and our options are limited?

Piss off.

^^^ AMEN

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just going with the stats as posted on the TFC site today.

In two games he played 163 minutes, got 4 shots off with 3 of them on Goal, and one of them going in.

Any player with those stats, regardless of physical stature, should get a starting role.
    If the stats drop off, then bench him, but 1 in 4 shots finding the back of the net is fine by me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's start some more interesting threads like who is the ugliest TFC player or whose hair needs a haircut more or perhaps who can't score with the ladies. Now that's real footie talk.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any person who calls him fat, or talks about his gut is a fucking idiot. I'm sorry, but he's muscular. If you're too stupid to differentiate between muscular and fat, wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy Unikronik View Post

Piss off.
    Amen Brotha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super Cereal View Post
    Any person who calls him fat, or talks about his gut is a fucking idiot. I'm sorry, but he's muscular. If you're too stupid to differentiate between muscular and fat, wow.
    He's muscular, but he also has a gut. No doubt in my mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone think, just throwing it out there that Gerba may have pot belly abs? a la chuck liddell
    Last edited by T_Mizz; 08-08-2009 at 11:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking Ridiculous