Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how are people going off about Barrett, he looked the most lively and produced quite a bit out there today, jesus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    but 3 of those goals came against Montreal in a game where their effort was questionable at best...so please stop defending him...Houston must be laighing at us after the deal
    Yes mighty De Ro sucks. You are right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    Boys we are an average team with a very few quality players and alot of average players.Results are not going to get alot better until we add better players not poz ,who had no affect when he did play or a left back who did not get any time in the gold cup.Shit was not gomez one of our better players last game vs PR,and he doesn`t get any minutes.Guys who consistantly play poorly get playing time. We need to add a couple of leaders who are going to replace some weaker players.Mo doesn`t seem to be able to find them.Other teams seem to find them.We are not as athletic as some teams and team speed is slow.We are a work in progress but we are the best team we have in Canada.Unfortunately play-offs look far away.
    More a problem of the cap structure and roster restrictions. Mo doesn't have it easy. It's a problem with MLS as a whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    A 260lb pylon? He had a bunch of great shots that tested the keeper. Gerba is a big strong garbage collector, with a good shot.
    Not to be a smart ass or anything. But I am seriously asking, what shots from Gerba tested the keeper?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boudge View Post
    OUR first year.....

Seattle was prepared! They got Jundgberg for fuck sakes... anyways that's it
    LOL

Don't wanna get the blood boiling
    wouldn;t you think... that after 2 years we should have a comparable level of play as seatle does on their first... the truth is we are no where near.. and we won;t even make the play offs while they willl... you can write this down if you awnt

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but 3 of those goals came against Montreal in a game where their effort was questionable at best...so please stop defending him...Houston must be laighing at us after the deal
    The 3 Montreal goals don't go on his MLS stats AFAIK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best quote came from my 7 year old son. He said that I should coach TFC like I coach his U8 team. He said that I teach them different things. He said TFC does the same thing over and over again. Then he said look Dero will get the ball and cut in and shoot and put it over. Hell if a 7 year old can see this, why can't CC see that the same game plan is not going to work. Our team lacks that bit of class to take the game by its balls and we have absolutely no speed in terms of play. We are very slow.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cochrdoc View Post
    Boys, we are an average team with a very few quality players and a lot of average players.

Results are not going to get any better until we add better players (not poz ,who had no effect when he did play) or a left back who did not get any time in the gold cup (not sure what is meant here).

Shit, was not gomez one of our better players last game vs PR ? [sigh] He doesn`t get any minutes.

[other] Guys who consistently play poorly get [more]playing time.

We need to add a couple of leaders who are going to replace some weaker players, but Mo doesn`t seem to be able to find them (but Other teams seem to find them).

We are not as athletic as some teams and team speed is slow.

We are a work in progress but we are the best team we have in Canada(unfortunately play-offs look far away).
    Fixed
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

didnt any else find it strange that just before the second half they showed TFC in a team huddle and I saw Brennan and Robinson giving the team a pep talk.

now that I think about it its all starting to make sense....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Not to be a smart ass or anything. But I am seriously asking, what shots from Gerba tested the keeper?
    Do you realy think that Gerba was the problem tonight?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post
    didnt any else find it strange that just before the second half they showed TFC in a team huddle and I saw Brennan and Robinson giving the team a pep talk.

That this team needs to fucking needs to be dragged up by its balls, by hook or by crook? And Brennan needs to no longer be the captain.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm talking about league goals. He's scored 8 in MLS. You add the HT in the CCL he has 11 for the club in competitive play.

Jesus Christ man....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also I think we will make the playoffs..before you hate hear me out last season WE SUCKED for 3 months but then came on very strong at the end of the season...If we do this again(like the leafs every season) we have a better chance of making the playoffs as we are much closer to the to a spot then last year we jsut cant handle the busy summer with our squad and its mainly due to the fact we dont use our squad even man utd uses reserves in some games they just have to, to compete in all the games.....why we never change our line is just off

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by THA BUTCHA View Post

LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, those 8 goals are in MLS play, the 3 you are talking about make the tally 11

Why must you be so blatantly thick? does it give you an erection, making ridiculous statements like this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Fixed

Could you please bold the parts you fix. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    1)

We should clean house on the senior team,

While I see your point (we've signed outcasts), we've tried this the last two years and it hasn't worked. I think we need to keep some (DeRo, Gerba, Serioux) and drop some (any of Robbo, Brennan, Vitti, Garcia, Guevara) to build consistently. I agree with Guevara being a nutjob - he scores some great goals but he is terribly inconsistent and is missing a few screws...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by profit89 View Post
    More a problem of the cap structure and roster restrictions. Mo doesn't have it easy. It's a problem with MLS as a whole.
    The salary cap applies to all the teams in the league ... not just TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why dont we sit players who play porrly the leafs sat blake at the start of season and he had a great year it works sometimes...why do they care if they never have to play for there position

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VPjr View Post
    Limniatis proved that, when the chips are down, his team choked. Limniatis doesnt have the experience this team needs.

There are more experienced pro coaches in the CSL and that is not even a tiny exageration.
    I think this is the dumbest post ever made no offence... ou are judgin him by one game... the final against a MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger opponent this is Santos we are talking about... the fact that they were on top and scored to is a marvell to me to begin with...

look at their trjectory though... they beat very touh teams grinded our results byh playing organized manner defending wel... with BRaz.... fuck if he can make braz play thenwith us he could do marvell...
    YUou guys know zero about soccer is like Bear red was complaining abou Nicol
    .. because he lost 3 for 4 finals.... so what... his team is always plays well and make the play offs... that all you can ask a coach...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think the roster is good enought. The back being the exception.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    The salary cap applies to all the teams in the league ... not just TFC.

And for sure the Puerto Rico Islanders aren't outspending TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot believe how many people refuse to aknowledge that managers and tactics make a huge difference in footy. IF THEY DID NOT THE ISLANDERS WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN US.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I cannot believe how many people refuse to aknowledge that managers and tactics make a huge difference in footy. IF THEY DID NOT THE ISLANDERS WOULD NOT HAVE BEATEN US.
    From the 1st game the PR CBs were clearing every ball in the box - solution by CC: not start our tallest forward then keep pumping crosses into the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ua-kozak_TFC View Post
    I think this is the dumbest post ever made no offence... ou are judgin him by one game... the final against a MUCH MUCH MUCH stronger opponent this is Santos we are talking about... the fact that they were on top and scored to is a marvell to me to begin with...

look at their trjectory though... they beat very touh teams grinded our results byh playing organized manner defending wel... with BRaz.... fuck if he can make braz play thenwith us he could do marvell...
    YUou guys know zero about soccer is like Bear red was complaining abou Nicol
    .. because he lost 3 for 4 finals.... so what... his team is always plays well and make the play offs... that all you can ask a coach...
    Look, in one post you are saying the coach makes no difference and now here you're saying LImniatis did a great job with a less talented roster than we have.

And Nicol lost all 4 finals. I do think it's great that his team is consistently in the playoffs and that they even went to 4 finals. I just don't think people here would want to extend the contract of a guy who goes 0-4. And for the record, I would like to see the whole management of TFC changed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manager Cummins failed again.

The tactics had a "play not to lose" mentality with a lack of urgency to push forward. As if it were a ho-hum early season game.

We are mediocre.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC USA View Post
    We are mediocre.
    That's being rather generous.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nuvinho,

That sums it up. After the first half of game one , I said to BC, I hope that they let Dichio and Gerba play together on top, one, knocks it down, the other shots it in. When they played together it almost happend. Gerba can fight in the box, for space as can Dichio, and they can hold up, and pass/shot. it is the obvious way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MO and Cummins long ball tactics WILL NEVER WIN.

TFC's been long balling it since 2007 and losing, Mo is to blame.

Change the fucking tactics and ideology, period!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beach_Red View Post
    And Nicol lost all 4 finals. I do think it's great that his team is consistently in the playoffs and that they even went to 4 finals. I just don't think people here would want to extend the contract of a guy who goes 0-4. And for the record, I would like to see the whole management of TFC changed.
    you're not going to find many coaches in MLS who led a team to 4 MLS finals
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano