Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just updating a comment I made a couple seasons ago to help track this:

What it looked like the past few years in 111:

2012: 399
    2013: 228 (when things rolled back to year 1 pricing)
    2014: 228
    2015: 228
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase)
    2017: 380 -- 361 for season + 19 for CCL (subsequently refunded due to CCL format change) <-- Let's call this 20 games for consistency
    2018: 430 for 20 games
    2019: 462 for 20 games
    2020: 510 for 20 games

I don't have older emails for previous prices but I know they were less than 399 as that was the peak after consistent annual increases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I saw someone refused entry 2 games ago, he had a screenshot. So they do mean it.
    Then they are being pain in the ass and I'm not sure how this is going to work next year. At least Forge doesn't give me any issues with screenshots. I wonder if they are going the dynamic barcode method.

Other option is it was a cropped screenshot and that caused the issue. A screenshot of the account manager with the QR code should theoretically be fine (like it is with Forge who also officially don't allow screenshots).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magmadragon View Post
    Just updating a comment I made a couple seasons ago to help track this:

What it looked like the past few years in 111:

2012: 399
    2013: 228 (when things rolled back to year 1 pricing)
    2014: 228
    2015: 228
    2016: 323 (the 42% increase)
    2017: 380 -- 361 for season + 19 for CCL (subsequently refunded due to CCL format change) <-- Let's call this 20 games for consistency
    2018: 430 for 20 games
    2019: 462 for 20 games
    2020: 510 for 20 games

I don't have older emails for previous prices but I know they were less than 399 as that was the peak after consistent annual increases.
    Yeah, that matches my notes for light-grey with year 1 (or pre-2012 really) pricing.

Going further back I have:

2007: $240 (15 games plus 2 friendlies)
    2008: $266 (15 games plus 2 friendlies)
    2009: $320 (15 games + 3 CCL/VC + 1 friendly)
    2010: $361 (15 games + 2 CCL/VC + 1 friendly)
    2011: $416 (17 games + 2 CCL/VC + 2010 MLS Cup) (originally was going to be $437 but they made one game free after the uprising - actually was originally going to be $479 for 17 games + 4 CCL/VC + 2010 MLS Cup, but they backed down)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then they are being pain in the ass and I'm not sure how this is going to work next year. At least Forge doesn't give me any issues with screenshots. I wonder if they are going the dynamic barcode method.

Other option is it was a cropped screenshot and that caused the issue. A screenshot of the account manager with the QR code should theoretically be fine (like it is with Forge who also officially don't allow screenshots).
    It wasn't that it wouldn't scan, they refused to even scan it. He argued with security, but they said "no screenshots." Just a fyi so you can plan. maybe MLSE will allow for people to special order paper tickets or something, not everyone has a smart phone.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A screenshot of the account manager with the QR code should theoretically be fine (like it is with Forge who also officially don't allow screenshots).
    Unless it's dynamic (and I don't think either TFC or Forge are - I've used both), how would they even tell it's a screenshot? I've screenshot before as a backup (just in case), but not used it. But it's completely the same as what I see in Google Pay or Ticketmaster app (again, used both).

But hang on - what about the people who don't have Smart phones?!? My wife didn't even have one until recently).

Or people who have Smartphones, but no wireless data plan (and rely on wifi - which doesn't work at the stadium).
    Last edited by nfitz; 08-28-2019 at 03:36 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't that it wouldn't scan, they refused to even scan it. He argued with security, but they said "no screenshots." Just a fyi so you can plan. maybe MLSE will allow for people to special order paper tickets or something, not everyone has a smart phone.

Hmm.....not sure how this plays out but what about people with dexterity or visual impairments? Accommodations would have to be made certainly.

Worth somebody asking Manning directly about old geezers without cell phones.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Unless it's dynamic (and I don't think either TFC or Forge are - I've used both), how would they even tell it's a screenshot?
    I don't know, the guy was fumbling with his phone, maybe he did something that made it obvious.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I totally get that. I'll keep it in mind, thank you! Hopefully I can get them to get me some actual tickets as per the FAQ. But who knows how anal they will be about it. Can't even tell you who my rep is anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't know, the guy was fumbling with his phone, maybe he did something that made it obvious.
    That would be my guess. The trick to doing something you aren't really supposed to do is to not make it obvious you are bending the rules lol

Unless it's dynamic (and I don't think either TFC or Forge are - I've used both), how would they even tell it's a screenshot? I've screenshot before as a backup (just in case), but not used it. But it's completely the same as what I see in Google Pay or Ticketmaster app (again, used both).
    Right and since its the same base app for Forge and TFC, I'm hoping it won't actually be an issue. Unless you tell me to swipe or look at the clock or something, there is no way to tell I'm not in the account manager GUI. Assuming it won't be dynamic next year for both Forge and TFC so my workaround should still be ok.

Failing all that I guess I'll have to pop into the box office each game, which would be a huge pain in the ass.

But hang on - what about the people who don't have Smart phones?!? My wife didn't even have one until recently).

Or people who have Smartphones, but no wireless data plan (and rely on wifi - which doesn't work at the stadium).
    And that goes beyond me having a janky old smartphone. There is the rare game I can't go so my dad just takes my printed off ticket. Well he's retired and doesn't even have a flip phone. He's gone his whole life without a cell. That's not going to change.

I understand that at some point we rip the bandaid off and go full digital and there will never be an ideal time for that to get 100% on board. Still sucks though. I like ticket stubs dammit!
    Last edited by magmadragon; 08-28-2019 at 04:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Light grey screwed again.... lol
    Not really but i am still bitter from the 40 percent jump 2 years ago.
    The pricing is rather screwed, when you consider the upper east side which should be, in the corners the cheapest seats in the house.
    While a 50 dollar increase isnt major, we are being asked to pay before we know anything about next year,
    I only worry because Manning has been saying he wants to make BMO more argos friendly, two cne games, etc.
    We all are renewing this year simply for the lpve of the club, and the experience of going to games.
    I'll still feel taken advantage of and unappreciated when i make this payment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why I bailed on my light grey pair heading into the 2016 and relocated to the south end. Totally had they feeling that the gap for the soutnend vs the rest of the stadium was going to widen which it has. My current ticket is $380 vs my old one at $510.

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Light grey screwed again.... lol
    Not really but i am still bitter from the 40 percent jump 2 years ago.
    The pricing is rather screwed, when you consider the upper east side which should be, in the corners the cheapest seats in the house.
    While a 50 dollar increase isnt major, we are being asked to pay before we know anything about next year,
    I only worry because Manning has been saying he wants to make BMO more argos friendly, two cne games, etc.
    We all are renewing this year simply for the lpve of the club, and the experience of going to games.
    I'll still feel taken advantage of and unappreciated when i make this payment.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That is why I bailed on my light grey pair heading into the 2016 and relocated to the south end. Totally had they feeling that the gap for the soutnend vs the rest of the stadium was going to widen which it has. My current ticket is $380 vs my old one at $510.
    And based on what nfitz wrote earlier, looks like 457 is the price floor they are trying to get you guys to eventually. Maybe not the season after, but by 2022 the last vestiges of legacy pricing should be gone.
    Last edited by magmadragon; 08-28-2019 at 04:01 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have legacy pricing in upper light grays -- anyone know what the "normal" price is for seats up in 219-220 and 226-227? -- I know they are priced differently for STH than the lower light grays on the East side (is $510 the legacy price for things in 105/111?). Mine went from $417 last year to $478 this year - about a 15% increase).
    Last edited by tfcfans; 08-28-2019 at 04:16 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have two pairs in the south end at two different loyalty levels. Last couple of years I always paid about $300 difference between the two pairs consistently. This year my difference between the two pairs is $154. They are definitely trying to catch up the first year loyalty level to the more recent loyalty levels in a more aggressive way. So much for the concept of loyalty pricing I guess if they are eventually going to catch us up with the current pricing. My entire increase is in my original pair.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    I have legacy pricing in upper light grays -- anyone know what the "normal" price is for seats up in 219-220 and 226-227? -- I know they are priced differently for STH than the lower light grays on the East side (is $510 the legacy price for things in 105/111?). Mine went from $417 last year to $478 this year - about a 15% increase).
    It's been harder and harder to find pricing of late. But in 2018, they were offering new seasons in upper light grey at $561 - when you would have paid $388. In 2017 they offered them at $475 when you would have paid $342.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have three seperate levels of season tickets in 112.

Oldest: 380
    Mid: 457
    Newest: 532

Daaaamn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post

Daaaamn.
    Someone else mentioned $532 as well (elsewhere) - a 2018 (2019 seasons) first-timer. Gosh, there were 4 different price tiers last year then. Well there's an incentive not to dump the $457 one, like I was pondering ...
    Last edited by nfitz; 08-28-2019 at 05:20 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    It's been harder and harder to find pricing of late. But in 2018, they were offering new seasons in upper light grey at $561 - when you would have paid $388. In 2017 they offered them at $475 when you would have paid $342.
    New prices we can only guess based on the ratios we have. They don't really put out a price map like they used to.

If we assume the single tier legacy price for all our sections we get something like this.

Yellow: 457
    Upper Light Grey: 478 (4.6% difference)
    Lower Light Grey 510 (6.7% difference)

New

Yellow: 532
    Upper Light Grey: 556 (4.6% difference)
    Lower Light Grey 593 (6.7% difference)

But since nfitz mentioned the 2018 upper light grey price of 561, who knows what the "new" 2020 price is for all of these.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post

Daaaamn.
    Thanks a lot for the data points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone looking to swap a pair in 105 for a southend or not renewing. Let me know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Anyone looking to swap a pair in 105 for a southend or not renewing. Let me know
    I have to stay...it's in my name....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget zlatan coming next year and so is lafc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    I'm unsure if this is a joke or not? I'm leaning towards not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone always says they won't renew. And then boom everyone is back next season making FO able to do what they want with their pricing. I'm guilty of that as well lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    I'm unsure if this is a joke or not? I'm leaning towards not.

No joke. Renewing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    Everyone always says they won't renew. And then boom everyone is back next season making FO able to do what they want with their pricing. I'm guilty of that as well lol
    My prices stayed the same.
    Was really mad after the Houston game.
    I've calmed down now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No joke. Renewing
    Because LAFC is coming?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo1985 View Post
    I dropped my pair of light grey seats a few years ago, I think it was after the 42% price increase. Now I share with someone else. I still attend almost every game, but I was having more & more problems getting rid of my second seat (or my pair if I ever couldn't make it). Often losing money, giving the tickets away, or just throwing them out. Both within my family, and among friends that used to come along, there's much less interest than in the past. (The same was true for my new seatmate.) Two good seasons don't make up for years of mediocrity and embarrassment.

That's one reason I'm so allergic to some of the tall tales club management has been dishing out this year & last. Sure some of that is true, there were probably some unavoidable situations. But there's way too much BS, unprofessionalism, and poor planning. (Way back when, I used to gobble up every bit of TFC news; listen to every interview; etc. Now I can hardly even listen to interviews anymore; they mostly make me ill. Years of BS & getting taken for a ride will do that.)

I'm not so sure about "everyone renewing" -- this year and last, I find the stadium is often more empty than in the past. The team was on an upward trajectory a few years ago. But things plateaued or even cratered around the time of the east side expansion, and they never got up to the demand they expected. Now they're jacking up prices more for the people who have had seasons tickets longer; then next year there will be lots of deals on the RPB ticket trader; on StubHub, WorkPerks, and elsewhere.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 08-29-2019 at 01:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be so sure on Zlatan. His contract is up at the end of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't honestly believe anyone would renew or buy season's tickets based on seeing a player on an opposing team.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I can't honestly believe anyone would renew or buy season's tickets based on seeing a player on an opposing team.
    cough2007cough
    That's all I'll say about that.