Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Curtis blames COVID upheaval for the season.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/what-...do-they-fix-it
    Outrageous. “We take full responsibility for that and it’s important that we do”. NO YOU DO NOT YOU BLAME THE PANDEMIC.

And what does this mean?

“There’s been time spent on the profile of coach to help lead the team next year and beyond,” Curtis said. “There’s an understanding of the profile [we want], but the execution of that will happen once the season concludes.”

That is complete corporate bafflegab. Is this what Tottenham, Newcastle and Aston Villa did last week when they fired and then hired managers within a couple of days?

“Profile of the coach?” Come on.

How about “we got the balance of the team wrong. There were signs our defence was declining but we thought it was only Covid. We were wrong. Although Pozuelo, Soteldo amd Jozy give us formidable attacking options, it didn’t quite work. It’s pretty clear that we needed to start by shoring up the defence. And we got the coach wrong - I have every respect for Chris Armas, but I should have realized his style didn’t fit the club, given our roster, and I should have intervened much sooner to sort out the Jozy Altidore situation.”
    Last edited by MightyDM; 11-13-2021 at 03:17 AM.