Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...acquire-santos

We also gave up one international spot for the rest of the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    pros: frees up an international spot and roster space.
    cons: i liked santos, and im not too sure about our backup striker role.

i rate this trade:

THREE HARDEN O-FACES OUTT'VE FIVE.
    Nope.

TFC gives up an international spot in the deal.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ But only for 1/2 a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ah.. so our International Spot went to Dallas with Santos for this season. well, can't have everything i guess
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    ^ But only for 1/2 a season.
    a golden martin saric head on top of the original rating!
    cause this is starting to sound like a steal.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BFin View Post
    Maicon's bullet of a shot was often outweighed by his unwillingness to look for teammates, his inability to look off defenders, and his lack of defensive effort.
    This right here is what I meant about his lacking work rate. "Work rate" or being lazy doesn't just mean running fast, it's making plays and showing a desire to do so. Santos rarely did that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

decent enough trade, looking forward to seeing what he can offer in midfield, curious to see if he can play tonight/for the rest of the CCL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official. I fucking HATE WINTER!

He keeps trading off our valuable players that DO SOMETHING... first Attakora, now Santos!?! What's next, FUCKIN PLATA OR MARTINA?

Instead of creating a 'functional system' for the players we HAVE that are MORE THAN ABLE TO PERFORM. He creates some God awful system that DOES NOT WORK in the fucking MLS! We are NOT IN EUROPE! This is a NORTH AMERICAN team and we have different talent and a different game. It's a hard game. Not pretty passes and a smooth plays. It's rough and ridged with passes you have to run for and people you need to run over. You need size and power - which both Santos and Attakora acquired.

More dissapointment FFS... what else is new?!?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootieChick View Post

He keeps trading off our valuable players that DO SOMETHING... first Attakora, now Santos!?! What's next, FUCKIN PLATA OR MARTINA?

Instead of creating a 'functional system' for the players we HAVE that are MORE THAN ABLE TO PERFORM. He creates some God awful system that DOES NOT WORK in the fucking MLS! We are NOT IN EUROPE! This is a NORTH AMERICAN team and we have different talent and a different game. It's a hard game. Not pretty passes and a smooth plays. It's rough and ridged with passes you have to run for and people you need to run over. You need size and power - which both Santos and Attakora acquired.

easy there Steph

in other news, official release on MLS

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/articl...acquire-santos
    RPB Road Warrior: supporting Toronto FC anywhere on planet earth

TM: YYZ Red Patch Army #18, FC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where would you play him?
    Would you sit Koevermans to play him?

Sorry, does not compute.

Shit we even have Johnson to play for Koevermans (should godforbid anything happen to him), ever Johnson has a better record than Santos.

Santos was decent and did well here but its not a huge loss by anymeans especially as we have enough decent cover. Dude wasnt going to get playing time, was taking up an international slot and costing 145k or something. Im sure he'd rather move and play then rot on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plata now has the most goals for TFC. That really tells the story.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with the sentiment that you can't play a possession style (which is what I think you are complaining about) in the MLS. The best teams in this league pass the ball incredibly well. Just look at RSL and Dallas for example. They have flare to them, they move the ball around quite nicely, they are far from a team I would describe as size and power.

Anyway, as for Santos being traded, as much as I liked him, Winter obviously had no place for him at striker since we have a DP there and he was just brutal playing AM. So if Avila can pick up the pieces here then great.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I don't agree with the sentiment that you can't play a possession style (which is what I think you are complaining about) in the MLS. The best teams in this league pass the ball incredibly well. Just look at RSL and Dallas for example. They have flare to them, they move the ball around quite nicely, they are far from a team I would describe as size and power.

Anyway, as for Santos being traded, as much as I liked him, Winter obviously had no place for him at striker since we have a DP there and he was just brutal playing AM. So if Avila can pick up the pieces here then great.

agreed on all fronts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    ah.. so our International Spot went to Dallas with Santos for this season. well, can't have everything i guess
    I think Dallas needed our international slot in order to consumate the deal.

In essence, we gave up our backup CF for their backup AM. I hope this will be a case of the deal working out well for both clubs, based on the circumstances. Santos was not going to see any meaningful playing time at CF behind Koevermans, and he just wasn't effective in the midfield.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He keeps trading off our valuable players that DO SOMETHING... first Attakora, now Santos!?!
    Well Santos hasn't contributed much in a while other than a few decent strikes and a whole lotta misses. Passing, defending, getting into good positions, and not giving up on balls when he tried to dribble past 3 defenders on our side of the field were not part of his resume so they hardly went missing.

And Attakora is being run out of town by the Quakes supporters and they are using his acquisition as the ammo to get the FO to shitcan Yallop.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one has to agree with me... I know it and I see it. I've done enough research and watched enough footie in my lifetime to know when something DOES NOT WORK. Santos didn't have a position! How do you play when you're running wild on a field with no position!?!?!

No I will not take it easy or calm down... this team is not what it should be. It's a bunch of people put together to play a game... not a team. More rebuilding... get rid of the players that don't do fuck all like JDG. He is still stickin' his thumb up his ass on that one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    Plata now has the most goals for TFC. That really tells the story.
    And Martina and Koevs tied for second with 2 each. That's active career scoring for TFC in all comps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

And Attakora is being run out of town by the Quakes supporters and they are using his acquisition as the ammo to get the FO to shitcan Yallop.
    Attakora messed up on both goals leading to Dero's brace the past game that led to Dero being named player of the week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No one has to agree with me... I know it and I see it. I've done enough research and watched enough footie in my lifetime to know when something DOES NOT WORK. Santos didn't have a position! How do you play when you're running wild on a field with no position!?!?!

No I will not take it easy or calm down... this team is not what it should be. It's a bunch of people put together to play a game... not a team. More rebuilding... get rid of the players that don't do fuck all like JDG. He is still stickin' his thumb up his ass on that one.
    nothing we can do with JDG while his contract is still good.
    Good luck with your mission (pretty sure a few of us here have watched a bit of football as well)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With Santos having 6 goals and an extra half seasons worth of matches under his belt already, I say Koervermans has as many as him by season's end albeit with about half as many matches played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    Attakora messed up on both goals leading to Dero's brace the past game that led to Dero being named player of the week.
    he also looked weak in his first game, the RSL game. He got turned by one guy and easily beaten by another. He has looked very rusty and probably needs more time (like Iro) to get back into form.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    he also looked weak in his first game, the RSL game. He got turned by one guy and easily beaten by another. He has looked very rusty and probably needs more time (like Iro) to get back into form.
    If he (and Yallop) last. Things are not too good down there these days. If Yallop is sacked then Attakora won't be safe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You just said Santos didn't have a position, and everyone else has said he couldn't play AM. If you agree with everyone why do you think it is such a bad trade when the team has a better strikes and is in need of a competent AM that can play the system?

JDG's contractual status has long been discussed on this forum.

Most teams are a collection of players. Not sure I get that point.

Are you sure you researched this?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    If he (and Yallop) last. Things are not too good down there these days. If Yallop is sacked then Attakora won't be safe.
    yeah Attakoras done at the end of the season too (as far as his contract with MLS is concerned), that wont help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

consequences will never be the same

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot believe Dallas made this trade.This may be the trade of the year for this club, if Avila performs the way he has shown in the past (wasn't he one of the stand outs for Dallas during their playoff run?), and build his career in Toronto for a while, he, and not koevermans and Frings, will be the mainstay of this team for a few years. At his age and with his talent, he is clearly a player that the team needs to build around, and am hoping he is able to demonstrate that this was a steal of a deal for Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is on our roster and I hope he will be good for us.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't have a problem with giving up Santos, but he was a decent asset so I hope Avila can deliver something in return.

Steven Sandor is saying Atlas is interested in him so his TFC stay may not be that long.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah think he was supposed to go on loan there but it fell through, anyone know when his contracts up?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Or we could have kept all the same losers from last year and the ones from the first half of this season, had Preki getting us to play tough MLS ready Preki-ball, and had an awesome 'team' that couldn't (and didn't) win shit because 90% of those players were hacks. And if you want to see players running around with no system or position, take a boo at the mess we had last year.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-02-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The price is great, the depth he adds is welcome and the potential inherent in this kid if we work at developing him will also make itself apparent soon. The possibilities alone make the trade off of losing a lazy, selfish forward more than worth it.