View Poll Results: is this the most critical game yet?

Voters
177. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

147 83.05%
  • No

30 16.95%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not hijack this thread but, I'm wondering how the turnout will be at Duke of Gloucesters. Im looking to go to a place a little closer to uptown.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I'm In!

Quote Originally Posted by Suds View Post
    I'm in!

Carts says if TFC wins he's buying everyone there a round! (disclaimer: I totally made that up)

WOOT!

Love it.

I'm in.

GlenM
    "You play to win the game"

Herm Edwards - Former NFL Coach

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is by far the biggest game of the year. Actually the NCC/CCL is the only time TFC has a chance to collect Hardware
    ...since we are so good in MLS
    Winter better throw out his A Squad...and with FCD fighting for Playoff Positioning...they will likely throw at us there B Squad...

I will be there...let's hope for a much earlier start to 2012

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brocko View Post
    Winter better throw out his A Squad...and with FCD fighting for Playoff Positioning...they will likely throw at us there B Squad...
    He will play is strongest possible squad - he told us that in person at the SSH event thingy...

It was funny, all through the meeting, as they're talking about something completely different "...beat Dallas..." , "...just win in Dallas..." etc etc etc...

It got the point across!

As for Dallas playing the B-squad, I'm not sold on that one...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    He will play is strongest possible squad - he told us that in person at the SSH event thingy...

It was funny, all through the meeting, as they're talking about something completely different "...beat Dallas..." , "...just win in Dallas..." etc etc etc...

It got the point across!

As for Dallas playing the B-squad, I'm not sold on that one...

Carts...
    I was the one that asked Winter if he was going to play his A squad and he walked around the answer with his typical political answer..."we don't look ahead, we play NYRB on Saturday and blah blah blah. It wouldnt make sense NOT to play the A squad..but this is TFC

As for FCD...look at what Colorado did with an important date on a weekend in MLS did...they didnt even send there Manager FFS. Some MLS teams make the MLS games bigger than CCL games. With Dallas playing in Chitown Tomorrow, home to Vancouver Saturday in MLS and then the saturday after us is the final game of the season in San Jose...that is 3 MLS League games in 11 days, while jokeying for playoff positions (they hope) and a CCL game in the middle. They may not play their B Squad but they wont be playing their A Squad at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A couple of their A squad got red-carded in their last game and won't even be available to them next week...Of course they get Shea and a few others back, although Shea's looked like crap recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^dallas is in a tough situation with playoffs and CCL

i agree that they have to manage it wisely and we will see a mixture of starters with a few bench players getting the start to rest a few players each game.

i think the will play 7-8 starters (not counting keeper) each match till the playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's such a big game I thought it was yesterday and rushed home to watch it. Seems like ages since TFC played. Is the time breaking with MLS tradition and observing the international break?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    It's such a big game I thought it was yesterday and rushed home to watch it. Seems like ages since TFC played. Is the time breaking with MLS tradition and observing the international break?
    Mls does observe most int breaks except few games that got played due to circumstances. Hence why very few games on some weekends
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ is this something new? I know they're were calls for this in the past, I just never really paid too much attention to it.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraSuperMegaMo View Post
    ^ is this something new? I know they're were calls for this in the past, I just never really paid too much attention to it.
    The changed it last year. I think it had a lot to do with the US bid for the WC.

Anyway:
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter...c-dallas/recap

Dallas back in command...shit. :-(

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ back in command of what??

they clinched a playoff spot, they also need to keep winning or they will drop to the 8th seed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE are making a push to get everyone to come out to real sports. brennan/dichio are going to be there and the first 100 folks get scarves. MEH.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    MLSE are making a push to get everyone to come out to real sports. brennan/dichio are going to be there and the first 100 folks get scarves. MEH.
    Ya, but the key to the Real Sports party to me is being the only place to watch in HD and to add to that on the huge screen. I have not really been impressed at all with some of GOL's SD broadcasts during The CCL.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by __wowza View Post
    If there was a leaf game scheduled at the same time, they wouldn't even think of doing something like this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought an air ticket on points and am going with a buddy that lives in Dallas. Given that the game is General Admission, does anybody know if there will be an "away supporters" section. Can I just buy regular game tickets on Ticketmaster?

Also, are any TFC supporters that are heading down planning on congregating at a bar pre-game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    Given that the game is General Admission, does anybody know if there will be an "away supporters" section.
    I'd call the box office.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Ya, but the key to the Real Sports party to me is being the only place to watch in HD and to add to that on the huge screen. I have not really been impressed at all with some of GOL's SD broadcasts during The CCL.
    the key to watching this game anywhere is to be around avid supporters and friends with a beer in my hand, a song in my lungs and hope in my heart.

anyone got crackers?
    i can get cheesier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Common You Reeeeeddddsssss! Lets Advance!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The GOL TV broadcast would be insane not to place an ENG camera with a simple SD hookup at Joes...

Since none of the providers has the HD feed, a RF SD signal is all that's needed to cut in Joes pre-game, post-game, and after each of our 7-goals!
    yeah right 7 goals keep dreaming I have a bad felling about this game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have usualy folded in big games, so I think we are going to take a beating in this one folks as usual, 4 to 5 nothing Dallas, we just don't have the mental capacity needed to get the job done and the pressure will be too much unfortunately another TFC disaster in the making, I hope I'm wrong but it will probably be the same old TFC nightmare.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man... Joe's is going to be hopping that night!
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man regardless of where you are on Tuesday night, at Joe's, Real Sports, on your couch etc it is going to be epic. Also for you twitter folk the hash tag for the night is #TFCFTW

http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/%23TFCFTW

Looking forward to the night for sure.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBlake View Post
    Speaking just about the bolded part (not about where to watch etc)...

You're not going to see anything impressive or different about GOL's SD to HD broadcast...

The camera work, analysis, and game direction are all the same. Graphic package is the same, and everything is framed 4x3 safe anyway, so you'll see a little more superfluous action on the right and left of your screen...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HD BROADCASTS and hate watching sports in SD - but just having a HD broadcast will not make you go from 'unimpressed' to 'impressed' with the coverage...

Watch the Super Bowl in SD - its still a great broadcast, watch it in HD and its even better...

Watch a low budget broadcast in SD and its not very good, watch it in HD and its still not very good - the only thing better is the picture...

Anyway - back to the hype, this game, wherever people watch is going to tense, nerve racking, and hopefully, hopefully, pray pray pray kick off a celebration!!!
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking just about the bolded part (not about where to watch etc)...

You're not going to see anything impressive or different about GOL's SD to HD broadcast...

The camera work, analysis, and game direction are all the same. Graphic package is the same, and everything is framed 4x3 safe anyway, so you'll see a little more superfluous action on the right and left of your screen...

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE HD BROADCASTS and hate watching sports in SD - but just having a HD broadcast will not make you go from 'unimpressed' to 'impressed' with the coverage...

Watch the Super Bowl in SD - its still a great broadcast, watch it in HD and its even better...

Watch a low budget broadcast in SD and its not very good, watch it in HD and its still not very good - the only thing better is the picture...

Anyway - back to the hype, this game, wherever people watch is going to tense, nerve racking, and hopefully, hopefully, pray pray pray kick off a celebration!!!

agreed.

I'm watching Liverpool-Manchest United right now on an internet stream, and it looks decent because the original broadcast product is amazing. Sure it's compressed to shit, but the camera works, replays, graphics, commentary etc are all top ranked. The content is king - the delivery method is just that... delivery.

also - can you tell who works in TV?
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game is 3 days away just saying!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    man... Joe's is going to be hopping that night!
    Indeed it will be!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we please just have one road game party at Real Sports, I love Joe's but change every once and a while is good. Maybe even have a united night with U-Sector where all all go down to RS and have a good time.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I will not return to RealSports, if I can help it. I found it to be the most pretentious sport bar I've ever seen.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy