Page 176 of 191 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,280 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    That’s the one — thank you!

While I understand the league structure, it’s pretty irritating that the league dictates transfer policy, signings, and salaries like this.

Basically everyone slagging off the FO for dropping Beita when he seems to indicate that the league doesn’t want teams spending TAM on domestics (unless they’re “brand names”) needs to understand that there are times the FO’s hands are probably tied. Pay VdW a bunch because of his pedigree and name, but you’re not allowed to give Beita a raise because he’s domestic.

Without this kind of autonomy, you’re going to wind up with silly situations. “Sorry, you can’t have a DP defender or give TAM to a keeper. However, we hear Ronaldinho is looking to play a match or two if it doesn’t interfere with the beach...” I still wonder if the league has anything to do with TFC’s new “cost cutting” and playing hard on our DP contract renewals...
    This’s is a the problem and will be a bone of contention when the players vs mls new agreements are started a5 years end .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Subtract the income that was made from Sebas sale and on top of that subtract the difference in resale value of an aging Seba (which is whatever the Saudis paid) vs Pozuelo (Which we assume is pretty close to 10m euro) and then you have your like for like financial comparison
    dont forget to square root and carry the 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Rollins saying news may drop today on Pozuelo

That's 11.35 million US.

If true, the "we are going cheap" discussions should tamp down a bit.

Belgium media picked up this tweet as well.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...medium=twitter

By the comments from their fans, even they seem happy now to move on. They want to build their team. You can't keep players that don't want to be their... it's like keeping an unmotivated employee in the office. Even if he has good intentions and honours the agreement it doesn't work.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Belgium media picked up this tweet as well.

https://www.voetbalprimeur.be/nieuws...medium=twitter

By the comments from their fans, even they seem happy now to move on. They want to build their team. You can't keep players that don't want to be their... it's like keeping an unmotivated employee in the office. Even if he has good intentions and honours the agreement it doesn't work.
    OMG the offseason keeps getting better. Now we're talking about gold cocks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Does anyone know the Aketxe status? Were the contracts mutually terminated or is he technically still on loan until June 30th with Cádiz. So as of right now does he come back in July if there is no buyout or other adjustments?
    He's gone. He was originally on loan until June 30, 2019 to Cadiz. We then mutually terminated his contract, and Bilbao chose not to exercise their buyback option on the termination of his deal with us, so his loan to Cadiz became a permanent contract until June 30, 2019.

Probably more than you wanted to know, but that's the full Aketxe contract status. What's unknown is whether a contract termination counts as our buyout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol so hard. What a dumbass signing on this 32 year old goal keeper. Even for free and paying a minimum salary, still ain't worth it.
    Maybe Curtis still secretly getting paid from red bulls, to ruin TFC name.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much, that's what I was wondering ... the buyout. Couldn't find the status anywhere. Great feedback! One more day!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Lol so hard. What a dumbass signing on this 32 year old goal keeper. Even for free and paying a minimum salary, still ain't worth it.
    32 years keepers are in their prime. Vanney said he's here to push Bono for the #1 job. This pushes Caleb Patterson-Sewell down to USL - he wasn't pushing Bono out of the starters job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Random Fact of the day: Quentin Westberg and Alex Bono both share the same birthday of April 25, just different years '86 vs '94

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1986 View Post
    Maybe Curtis still secretly getting paid from red bulls, to ruin TFC name.
    A 32 year old GK with Euro experience is exactly what we need behind/pushing Bono. Having another kid with him is pointless as he needs the competition and also if he keeps this poor form up, I want someone somewhat proven taking over and not some random youngster we dug up from wherever.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    OMG the offseason keeps getting better. Now we're talking about gold cocks.
    How is that for transfer juice?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where is the White Smoke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...-deal-not-done

Story from Stejskal saying Manning has told him that we're making progress on a deal for Pozuelo but it's not done yet.

This feels very much to me like one of those "technically true but we all know what this means" comments. Where there's smoke...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 19Barrett19 View Post
    Thus is what I would like to see
    Menendez-------jozy----------hanni
    -----------osorio-------pozuelo-------
    --------------------bradley-----------------
    Morrow--mavinga-----Ciman--DeLe
    Hanni is definitely not coming. He'd be a DP and Spartak doesn't want to let him go at this point in the season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Hanni is definitely not coming. He'd be a DP and Spartak doesn't want to let him go at this point in the season
    Menendez is staying in Argentina. Manning said he was off the table last week at the supports event.

Yeah Hanni was plan B for Pozuelo.

I think they need to sign a winger and a defensive mid to help out Bradley or give Fraser a shot, even if they give Fraser a shot they need a backup for him and Bradley.

4-3-3 doesn’t make sense with this team, where do you put Osorio? Osorio Pozuelo and Bradley would not be good defensively.

4-2-3-1 makes sense.

Auro-Ciman-Mavinga-Morrow
    --Fraser(or FA)—-Bradley——-
    Deleon(or FA)-Pozuelo-Osorio
    —————Jozy—————

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Manning went back to get more money in the end.

The direct cost of screwing around with Gio until Jan 30 was 2M euros. Lots of indirect costs (to be tallied another day).

I would love to have heard that pitch/explanation for more money.

I guess all is forgiven if the player works out. Which I certainly believe could be true. I love what I see of this player.

But it if it doesn’t, I think Manning may have shortened his rope. The Board won’t likely forget this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read the MLS season predictions for TFC. I recommend a good drink and a comfortable recliner before you start.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...iew-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

The direct cost of screwing around with Gio until Jan 30 was 2M euros. Lots of indirect costs (to be tallied another day).

I guess all is forgiven if the player works out. Which I certainly believe could be true. I love what I see of this player.

But it if it doesn’t, I think Manning may have shortened his rope. The Board won’t likely forget this.
    1. The board doesn't give a shit since Bill Manning takes attention away from them (Bell/Rogers)

2. Manning is also the President of you-know-who. You let Manning leave, you have to fill two positions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I doubt very much that he went in with a specific cost for a player ie transfer is x salary is y, more likely he went in with a budget for a type of player eg. 35 million for five years salary and transfer. As long as he comes in under budget they could care less who he gets.
    pozuelo at 11.5 and 4 a year for five years he's home and dry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Just read the MLS season predictions for TFC. I recommend a good drink and a comfortable recliner before you start.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...iew-toronto-fc
    Actually, this is quite good... We can only move UP!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    I see that you took my advice about the drink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mLs preview rankings are alright. It’s what we’ve all been talking about anyways. This team has a ways to go before they can overcome their issues and become a consistent performer on the field. They need to play as one again not as individuals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Shucks and we didn't even hit 200 pages.
    We still might before saturday.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Luanda View Post
    Take it all with a grain of salt -- or a drink I guess --- ha ha ha.....

If you read the 2018 preview I bet we would have read some really kind thoughts of where TFC would finish last year, so that's what predictions are worth sometimes....found it from 2018:

"Could Toronto do the quadruple? It's certainly possible after the best team in MLS history had few changes over the short offseason. Already off to a good start in the CONCACAF Champions League, the Reds could make a run in the continental tourney before setting their sights on retaining their three other trophies. Keep an eye on Greg Vanney's lineups though, as he will not want to wear out his team before the stretch run."

KEY ADDITION: Gregory van der Wiel

KEY LOSS: Steven Beitashour

BEN BAER'S 2018 PREDICTION: 2nd in East

FYI - Baer had NYCFC first in the East, Atlanta 3rd in the East and NYRB 5th in the East.....and Orlando 4th (!) in the East......RSL first (!) in the West and LAFC 9th (!) in the West

4 out of 6 "experts" picked Toronto for the MLS Cup and the other two picked RBNY and Clbs; 4 out of 6 picked Toronto to win SS and the other two picked NYCFC ---

The point is zero people picked Atlanta to win the MLS Cup or RBNY to win the SS --- so that's what predictions are worth -- it's simply a guess based on past performance (usually), and an assumption that no key players for any team gets hurt which can derail the season (ie. if Almiron or Martinez gets seriously hurt its doubtful Atlanta wins a championship), or a team picks up a key player mid-way through the year that can radically change things like Rooney and Zlatan did last year.....

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://m.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20190..._source=google

March 18 according to this Poz will transfer
    Last edited by sully; 02-25-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really hope Pozuelo pans out.

By my calculations we’re on a 25% success rate on Spanish-born players.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post

4 out of 6 "experts" picked Toronto for the MLS Cup and the other two picked RBNY and Clbs; 4 out of 6 picked Toronto to win SS and the other two picked NYCFC ---

The point is zero people picked Atlanta to win the MLS Cup or RBNY to win the SS --- so that's what predictions are worth -- it's simply a guess based on past performance (usually), and an assumption that no key players for any team gets hurt which can derail the season (ie. if Almiron or Martinez gets seriously hurt its doubtful Atlanta wins a championship), or a team picks up a key player mid-way through the year that can radically change things like Rooney and Zlatan did last year.....

Ya that is where MLS is right now. A healthy starting 11 is a pretty decent team. Once starting 11 players begin dropping due to health issues, you really start to see the quality drop off, especially in key positions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to hear some pozitive news for a change.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    A 32 year old GK with Euro experience is exactly what we need behind/pushing Bono. Having another kid with him is pointless as he needs the competition and also if he keeps this poor form up, I want someone somewhat proven taking over and not some random youngster we dug up from wherever.
    I really want to see Caleb and Westberg get minutes when Bono puts in shit performances. This signing is only good so much as Vanney is willing to pull Bono.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I see that you took my advice about the drink
    Absolutely!