Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Inklink View Post
    Stupid yellow to Bradley.
    Yes. Card accumulation always an issue for him.

But hard to complain about anything tonight.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bit of getting our legs under us first half, second half was all business. Barely skipped a beat over the off-season.

Osorio, Giovinco and Auro stood out today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yes. Card accumulation always an issue for him..
    he is always yapping at the ref and gets a lot of cards that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vazquez stood out as well. Patience, footwork, vision, play making ability were all on point despite the weather.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Vasquez is having a really bad game.
    We saw it that way too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Oso and Seba are the best players on the pitch. Don't pencil Aketxe into the XI yet
    right.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore had a shocker but doesn't matter . I didn't know Osorio had such a beautiful header in him. Love Auro Jr. already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro really is like our own Dani Alves!! Watching Auro and Gio celebrate was beautiful.

Van Der Weil is going to have to bring his best because Auro Jr looked great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a bit of pucker factor tonight, but they managed to pull it off. Auro in front of van der Wiel in a flat 4-4-2?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono had to make a couple really good saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted them off for safety but impressed Seba,Jozy,Michael,Victor played the whole game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great start to the season from the Reds. A much improved second half performance after a sluggish first half. Good to see Séba looking so sharp this early in the year. A goal and an assist at minus 13c is nothing to scoff at, as well as his all round performance looking precise and dangerous. Impressive debut from young Auro as well. We could have won a watch with this boy if he continues to put in performances like that. His assist summed up his overall game for me, chasing down a ball most players would have given up on, he put over an inch perfect cross for a (strangely) unmarked Giovinco to volley home. A goal that might well have killed the tie. The defence were solid if unspectacular, and the captain was as dependable as ever, typified with a lung bursting recovery run to prevent the Rapdis a shot on goal. Delgado and Osorio both had great games I thought, maintaining and recycling possession throughout the game, the later getting his reward with a great looping header which made Howard look silly as he was left stranded, unsure whether to stand his ground or commit to coming for the cross. Vazquez was his usual self, always eager to get on the ball, but a bit of a frustrating night for him as not everything he tried came off, i’ll be generous and say the cold was a factor here making the bounce of the ball unpredictable at times. I’m tempted to say Jozy is still partying our MLS Cup win. It was not one of the big man’s better nights, but at least he put himself about a bit. He had one horrific shot when a simple pass to Osorio would have made it 3-0, but I’m getting picky now so better stop there.

All in all, job done in bollocks freezing conditions. A two goal cushion and a clean sheet to take home for next week. Only the greedy could ask for more.

Onwards and upwards TFC!!! A new record breaking season starts here...
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 02-21-2018 at 12:56 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I get the feeling they are working on getting the starers to 90 minute fitness - getting used to 90 minutes at altitude could mean a lot in 3 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm already feeling like it'll be a waste to have one of Van der Wiel and Auro on the bench at all times. I don't know if there's a realistic way to play both of them at once though.
    Sure there is: Auro plays in front of Van der Weil on the right side. Auro is more of a winger than full back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adding Van Der Weil and Aketxe will give us a chance vs Tigres. Mavinga in for Hagglund will probably be a marginal upgrade, if at all. I think Hagglund is as competent as Mavinga.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm already feeling like it'll be a waste to have one of Van der Wiel and Auro on the bench at all times. I don't know if there's a realistic way to play both of them at once though.
    We have lots and lots of games this season. Great problem to have. They will get plenty of playing time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Adding Van Der Weil and Aketxe will give us a chance vs Tigres. Mavinga in for Hagglund will probably be a marginal upgrade, if at all. I think Hagglund is as competent as Mavinga.
    Mavinga is still vastly better. One of the best defenders last year. Hagglund still has some work to do with being confident with the ball at his feet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    Doesn't look like CONCACAF allows a so called indoor "field". Per section XII (H) (1):
    And yet we played Champions League games in Toronto in an indoor field.

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    CONCACAF requires start times to be at 8:00 or 10:00; this is presumably due to TV requirements.
    And yet we've had Champions League games rescheduled for 10 AM at BMO Field after weather-related issues.

Ah well, it worked out. I'm not sure why they scrub so many lower-tier games in England then, when the temperature is -2C and the pitch is frozen solid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were Vanney I would consider benching Bradley for the 2nd leg to ensure he doesn't get another yellow and get suspended for the 1st leg vs. Tigres. Doubt Bradley would go for that though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were Vanney I would consider benching Bradley for the 2nd leg to ensure he doesn't get another yellow and get suspended for the 1st leg vs. Tigres. Doubt Bradley would go for that though.
    How do the yellow cards work in this tournament ? Do they get erased after each round

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    And yet we played Champions League games in Toronto in an indoor field.

And yet we've had Champions League games rescheduled for 10 AM at BMO Field after weather-related issues.

Ah well, it worked out. I'm not sure why they scrub so many lower-tier games in England then, when the temperature is -2C and the pitch is frozen solid.
    No under soil heating. Colorado's barely held up in that temp...Toronto's is better. Denver is very hard for away teams at the best of times. That was as comfortable a win as you ever get there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was wondering if they should tell Bradley to kick someone at 92 minutes so that he was clear for both Tigres games - the tie is won. There will be a lot of gamesmanship & Bradley and the US team have no love lost there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based off mavingas instagram looked like him, vdw, endoh, ricketts, and some fam/friends all watched the game together. Good to see team spirit and relationships building. Also a sign tsubasa endoh is likely going to get signed or a deal in the works.

Side note: these guys didn't even suit up tonight, and when we sign aketxe too, boy are we stacked!! So fun
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 02-21-2018 at 01:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    How do the yellow cards work in this tournament ? Do they get erased after each round
    No..

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I was wondering if they should tell Bradley to kick someone at 92 minutes so that he was clear for both Tigres games - the tie is won. There will be a lot of gamesmanship & Bradley and the US team have no love lost there.
    Don't do anything stupid. There is a disciplinary committee and it's run by CONCACAF.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    Didn’t sound like it from the commentators who were referring to a second yellow”later” in the competition

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't do anything stupid. There is a disciplinary committee and it's run by CONCACAF.
    Pity that doesn’t extend to the refs ‘cos that was as stupid a yellow as I’ve seen. I mean time wasting, is he really being serious?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep - you can easily get an extra game suspension if you over do it. Tigres got one yellow as well...midfielders ...it happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIRC Auro can play both sides, but then what do you do with Morrow. It is a nice problem to have

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Mavinga is still vastly better. One of the best defenders last year. Hagglund still has some work to do with being confident with the ball at his feet.
    I think Hagglund showed way better than Moor last game. Though we might start with Moor and Mavinga as go to starters this season I think only the latter will end the season as such.